What if Triple H didn't marry Stephanie?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Paul Levesque aka Triple H has been in a relationship with Stephanie McMahon for three years prior to them being married for nine years in the winter. There are alot of people (wrestling fans) who question's Triple H's motive on choosing Stephanie coming off a long-term relationship with Chyna. Chyna even said in an interview that Stephanie play a part in her & Hunter breaking up when she discovered love letter's between the two. And after that the rest is (wrestling) history.

But my question is, where would Triple H be in his in-ring WWF/E career if he didn't marry Stephanie McMahon aka the bosses daughter aka the billionaire princess???

Triple H is that damn good! He won his first two WWF/E championship's without being with Stephanie. And was a player in the main event scene in the attitude era. But upon the formation of "the McMahon-Helmsley Faction/Machine" era. The relationship between Triple H & the McMahon family played it's self out on WWE TV for the following 12 years. Linda McMahon is the only McMahon family member to not win a single WWF/E championship.

People see Triple H as a member of the McMahon family as his last name was "McMahon". Which in where a man marries a woman the woman is suppose to take the man's last name. But in the WWE it's the other way around, atlease to Paul Levesque aka Triple H it is! But what if Triple H didn't marry Stephanie McMahon? What state would Hunter's career (in the WWE) be in if he was still wrestling at all?

Look, Triple H didn't get his spot because he's married to Stephanie. He got his spot because he was one of the top names in wrestling. He earned his 13 world titles. What gets me is threads like this which hint that he would've just been some mid-carder if not for his billionaire princess, Stephanie.

He would've had the same career with or without her. Would he be an executive outside of the ring like he is now? I couldn't say, nor could anyone for that matter. I think he has a lot to give behind the scenes and would've definitely been a good agent and mentor.

Would have been a star, but nowhere near as successful as he is. The guy won 5 out of 7 Chambers. He booked himself how he wanted and rarely put guys over. He pushes his weight around. Need an example? CM Punk in 2011. Nuff said.

The WWE would be better as well. His stubborness has negatively impacted the company.

Punk wouldn't have been derailed last summer, no Nash back in the ring, Sin Cara would have been released and Sheamus would have taken quite some time to get where he is now. Just my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Helmsley would have been just fine. Little political booking decisions may have been altered over the years, like Sheamus beating HHH at Mania instead of being buried, but in general HHH would still be talked about in the same way he is now

Even if he had not married Stephanie, he would still be as big a star he is today. Maybe not the next chairman of WWE, but one of the biggest baddest superstars in the roster nonetheless. He has been associated with the business for almost two decades now, and has EARNED his title of The Game of WWE. This thread is useless.

He'd have still been a massive star but we potentially wouldn't have HHH moving in to pretty much be the guy once Vince leaves, which is a bad thing. The more control HHH gets over the WWE the better things are going to be in my opinion.

Would have been a star, but nowhere near as successful as he is. The guy won 5 out of 7 Chambers. He booked himself how he wanted and rarely put guys over. He pushes his weight around. Need an example? CM Punk in 2011. Nuff said.

The WWE would be better as well. His stubborness has negatively impacted the company.

Stubborness, please. HHH does what is best for the company, at the height of his career HHH was the best heel, with or without any form of backstage power he would still have been given that spot because nobody else was in his league. Rarely put guys over? HHH is the reason the WWE still have big names, he was the last proper one of his generation to put them over (to an extent HBK can also be considered here). Guys like Cena, Batista, Orton, Sheamus were all guys HHH put over and all of them were/are World Champions.

I mean Undertaker has won 20 matches at Wrestlemania, he never puts anyone over if you are basing HHH record in the Elimination Chamber on anything (despite you know making Goldberg still look strong in defeat and so on)

The only thing that it would have impacted on his career would be what he is doing now, for the rest of it, it would be the same. For most of his run his gimmick was about being power hungry, in control of situations to bend it in favor of himself. He didn't need to be married to Stephanie for this gimmick to appear.

Stubborness, please. HHH does what is best for the company, at the height of his career HHH was the best heel, with or without any form of backstage power he would still have been given that spot because nobody else was in his league. Rarely put guys over? HHH is the reason the WWE still have big names, he was the last proper one of his generation to put them over (to an extent HBK can also be considered here). Guys like Cena, Batista, Orton, Sheamus were all guys HHH put over and all of them were/are World Champions.

I mean Undertaker has won 20 matches at Wrestlemania, he never puts anyone over if you are basing HHH record in the Elimination Chamber on anything (despite you know making Goldberg still look strong in defeat and so on)

The only thing that it would have impacted on his career would be what he is doing now, for the rest of it, it would be the same. For most of his run his gimmick was about being power hungry, in control of situations to bend it in favor of himself. He didn't need to be married to Stephanie for this gimmick to appear.

Booker T comes to mind. HHH is one of the boneheads that failed to see the potential in guys like Bryan, Punk and Ryder. If they hadn't forced their way in we wouldn't know who they are.

HHH would still be the star he is now. If anything, he'd be wrestling a lot more since he wouldn't have legit backstage responsibilities. I think he still would have pull with booking, and Vince would still listen to him. Vince listens to Taker, but big Mark really only ever wants to talk about his Taker character. Hunter being around and working more shows would still have meant that Sheamus would be a big star. The only guy that might not be around would be Sin Cara.

As for the Booker T BS, Booker was only ever as good s anyone that was in the ring with him. He was not a great worker, is a crappy talker and got a pop for a break dance move. HHH going over was, is and always will be the right move. Booker got the benefit of a soft time in WCW to get to the top.

Does no one here remember the aftermath of the curtain call incident? HHH removed from a planned King of The Ring win and relegated to hogpen matches? What makes anyone think that he would have EVER fully regained Vince McMahon's faith and trust if he had not been in a relationship with his daughter?

Does no one here remember the aftermath of the curtain call incident? HHH removed from a planned King of The Ring win and relegated to hogpen matches? What makes anyone think that he would have EVER fully regained Vince McMahon's faith and trust if he had not been in a relationship with his daughter?

Because he was IC champ less than six months after the curtain call. He also won KOTR the next year anyway. He also entered the main event before the relationship with Vince's daughter began. By the way, the hogpen match was before the curtain call. That was not a punishment. It's a common mistake to think HHH was punished for a long time because of the curtain call. He pretty much got a slap on the wrist.

Because he was IC champ less than six months after the curtain call. He also won KOTR the next year anyway. He also entered the main event before the relationship with Vince's daughter began. By the way, the hogpen match was before the curtain call. That was not a punishment. It's a common mistake to think HHH was punished for a long time because of the curtain call. He pretty much got a slap on the wrist.

You under-estimate how much politics still played into. If he werent buddy buddy with HBK, he likely wouldn't of gotten that push.

On a side note: if he weren't with Stephanie, he wouldn't have a wife that I desire to have sex with.

You under-estimate how much politics still played into. If he werent buddy buddy with HBK, he likely wouldn't of gotten that push.

On a side note: if he weren't with Stephanie, he wouldn't have a wife that I desire to have sex with.

His friendship with HBK is not relevant to this thread. The question is what if Triple H didn't marry Stephanie, not what if Triple H wasn't friends with Shawn Michaels. I addressed a post that suggested Triple H would not have been successful without Stephanie because of the curtain call. I was just stating that he had success after the curtain call and before the relationship with Steph.

I think HHH would of been a star. Before he was with Stephanie, He was already over in D-X. However, I dont think he would of been a bigger star like he is today. If he didn't marry Stephanie, He probably would be retired or in TNA right now.

Please. Triple H's in ring career would have played out EXACTLY the same. Not one thing would have changed. Not one feud, not one match, not one angle. Absolutely nothing would've been done differently.

All the hypocritical sheep bringing up CM Punk last year, let me ask you this: when did The Rock marry Vince's other daughter? He "buried" Cena at Mania this year - and he did it CLEAN, unlike Triple H's victory over Punk. So he must have an even stronger political connection than Triple H. I can't stand these morons that think their favorite wrestler should win every match or they're being buried, but it's perfectly acceptable for guys they don't like to lose, even if the circumstances are otherwise exactly the same.

Hello everyone, 6 years of lurking, and my first post.

I used to think about this and hypothetically, let's say if HHH never got out of the dog house. Let's also say what we saw on TV was real with Test marrying Stephanie. Triple H would have still grown to be a top contender as it was already forceable. His power though, would have only gone as far as say, Randy Orton or Batista.

Let's also say if the Test part was real, he would have been a power in WWE and probably would have more of a better track career.

From 2002-2007 Taker never won a single World title. In that time he put over guys like JBL, Great Khali, Mark Henry, Mr. Kennedy, Orton, Lesnar, and Heidenreich (lol).

Please. Triple H's in ring career would have played out EXACTLY the same. Not one thing would have changed. Not one feud, not one match, not one angle. Absolutely nothing would've been done differently.

All the hypocritical sheep bringing up CM Punk last year, let me ask you this: when did The Rock marry Vince's other daughter? He "buried" Cena at Mania this year - and he did it CLEAN, unlike Triple H's victory over Punk. So he must have an even stronger political connection than Triple H. I can't stand these morons that think their favorite wrestler should win every match or they're being buried, but it's perfectly acceptable for guys they don't like to lose, even if the circumstances are otherwise exactly the same.

You do know that the Rock really didnt need to come back to wrestling? Especially when he's making like 10 million per movie. He came back and promoted 2 straight Wrestlemanias for Vince. So yeah he deserved to beat Cena at WM28. And up until that point The Rock was 0-3 in Wrestlemania main events.

As for Triple H, if he hadnt married Steph he probably wouldnt have won as many titles and had been at the top for so long. And he wouldnt have had as much power backstage as he has had throughout his career.

Triple H wouldn't have had his backstage pull as strong as it is. He would have still had pull, he still would be a 13 time champ if not more. He didn't fuck his way to the top you ignorant morons, he EARNED every title and every achievement he got. I'm tired of the Triple H burying myth and that's exactly what it is, a myth. He put over Cena, HBK, Orton, Sheamus, Undertaker the last two years, and most recently, Brock Lesnar. You don't think Rock buried Road Dogg when he called him a blemish on the Rock's buttocks? Yes he did deserve to go over Cena. There was no torch to pass so it didn't matter. But you guys are perfectly fine with the amount of talent Cena has buried over the years but God forbid Triple H does anything. Another thing, if Triple H hadn't married Stephanie, not only would he still be competing full time and would've won more titles, the IWC wouldn't criticize every little thing he's done since then. That's my opinion and like someone else said, I'm damn well entitled to it.

Hello everyone, 6 years of lurking, and my first post.

I used to think about this and hypothetically, let's say if HHH never got out of the dog house. Let's also say what we saw on TV was real with Test marrying Stephanie. Triple H would have still grown to be a top contender as it was already forceable. His power though, would have only gone as far as say, Randy Orton or Batista.

Let's also say if the Test part was real, he would have been a power in WWE and probably would have more of a better track career.

You make a great point. Hell, if it were Kofi Kingston that married her, you would see him at the top.

What happened with the Rock happened because of money. What happened with CM Punk happened because of ego and jealousy.

I'm sorry, I don't want to personally attack anyone, but if you honestly believe his career would have been the same without marrying Stephanie, you are an ignoramus. . .

You're Welcome.

Triple H's success is a combination of things... his friendship with HBK and timing.

In 1997, Triple H had enough pull in the company to suggest the WWE "screw" Bret Hart at Survivor Series. He - along with HBK - had enough pull in the company to convince VKM to switch Raw to a more adult-themed program. In 1998, he was the second biggest face on the show behind only Steve Austin. In 1999, he was the biggest heel on the show and won his first WWE Title. All of this was before he started dating Stephanie McMahon. Face it, he had the pull and status well before his relationship with Stephanie.

Now, even if he hadn't married Stephanie, he was still going to the focal point of Raw from 2000-09, and he would still likely be approaching Ric Flair's World Title record. The only proof you need of that is to look at the main event scene during Triple H's heyday.

In 2000, Austin and 'Taker were both injured... Foley retired... and The Big Show failed to get over. That left the main event scene to Trips and The Rock , and that time period accounted for three of his WWE Title wins...

Now fast forward to late 2002. At this point, The Rock was pretty much part-time and Austin was soon to be retired. That left a main event scene of Trips, Jericho, Angle, 'Taker, Lesnar and Big Show. And to add even less depth to that title scene, the WWE added another World Title. So apparently, the WWE decided that the best way to hide their lack of depth in the main event scene was to add a second main event title. Anyone really want to question why Triple H played such a big role during this time period?

During the next few years, the WWE tried to bandaid a lack of depth with nostalgia acts, feel good stories and "are you kidding me" champions ... Hogan and HBK won their only World Titles of the decade... Goldberg and Steiner were brought in as challengers... Benoit, Guerrero and Booker T were given World Title runs. Even JBL was given a chance with the title on SmackDown.

However, Hogan, Goldberg, Steiner and Lesnar had short shelf-lives in the company while HBK's health made it difficult to trust him with the title for an extended period of time. Couple in Guerrero's untimely death in 2005, Benoit's lack of charisma and JBL's status as a transitional champ, and it's no wonder why the WWE continued to stick with Triple H as their top guy. There really wasn't a better choice.

In 2005, after Goldberg, Steiner and Lesnar had left ... just before Guerrero died... the WWE finally started to develop new stars. Cena and Bautista won their first WWE/World Titles. Edge was closing in on his first WWE Title win. Orton was re-emerging as a top guy. Look what has happened to Triple H's status as the top guy since then. He has won two WWE Titles, holding one for 20 minutes and the second for two months.

Triple H's World championship count would be cut in half................

Just joking of course. He may not have had as much.....hmmm "Presence" as he does now. He's one of my favorites sure, I'm not blind, Steph has helped him out, but people over-exaggerate.

He would still be the star that he is now. he was on top before Steph and for a while was the best thing going in WWE. One of the best heels ever. I am not saying somethings didn't go his way because he was with the boss's daughter, but he made a career for himself through hard work and dedication. Not because he is married to Stephanie.

I stand corrected, thought the hogpen match was after not before. But nothing you said really disproved the fact that he wouldn't have made it as far as he did without the relationship. The IC title was historically and still is a mid-card title at best. Just take a look at the end result of anyone who crossed Vince in one way or another that wasn't dating his daughter...they got nowhere near as far as HHH did.

I stand corrected, thought the hogpen match was after not before. But nothing you said really disproved the fact that he wouldn't have made it as far as he did without the relationship. The IC title was historically and still is a mid-card title at best. Just take a look at the end result of anyone who crossed Vince in one way or another that wasn't dating his daughter...they got nowhere near as far as HHH did.

There is nothing I can say to disprove it. What if I said Michael Jordan would have never won an NBA title without Scottie Pippen? There's no way to prove that to be true or false. In my opinion Triple H is talented enough to have become a big star with or without Stephanie. As I mentioned he was already a main event star and world champion before their relationship began. As for Vince holding some sort of grudge because of the curtain call, I really think you are making more of that incident than it was. I doubt Vince cared that much about it. Even if it did bother him if the guy can hire Eric Bischoff of all people I think he could have forgiven Triple H over a minor incident at a non televised event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back