• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If They Never Left #1

CyDeez

Big Nasty
I figured I post on this site, and love wresting so damn much, that I might as well have some kind of series of my own to bring up certain topics on an occasion.

So, something I often wonder about in wrestling, is the way someone achieves a push or title run. We all know the way it goes down by storyline and what not. But, what about when things happen that aren't expected or by chance? Like, for instance, when someone is involved in a major angle with a company, and ended up leaving.

With that being said...

I ask you all this... What if Randy Savage wouldn't have left WWF/E in 1994?

Who would it have affected?

Who would have left WWF because of him staying?

Who would have stayed with WWF because Savage himself did.

Also, if Savage stayed and ended up with the World Championship, who would it have affected in the process?

Or... Would Savage just have ended up retiring and making no impact on anyone, had he stayed with The WWF?

How would it have affected WCW? NWO?

I am curious to know what you guys think about this. Savage won the world title in WCW on a few occasions, after he was basically considered done in WWF.

Awesome thread/post. The Macho Man in 1992-1993 was relegated to the announce table for many different reasons. Some have speculated that it was because of injuries or issues with Vince. Macho's last feud was with crush while he was an announcer and then he left.

To answer your question. I believe that if Macho would have stayed then Jerry the King Lawler would have never been brought in. Macho was good on the mic and was a good partner to vince. macho could have turned into a heel announcer and had a very similar role as the king did in the mid 90's. He would wrestle occasionaly and feud with the top faces.

I dont belive Vince ever wanted to give Macho another run at the title, the truth is that he was a fan favorite that didnt really sell. His fugurines and dolls did, but he had not other merchandise or catch phrases. It's sad to think that he wouldnt have been given another run but Vince is Vince.

The truth is WCW needed Macho man to take the title while Hulk was hurt. They had no legtimate stars from 93-95, besides sting and hogan, both faces. and Macho fell into their laps. If you notice that macho in the NWO was a mockery of the wrestler he really was. Macho's announce table send off would have been far better than his WCW one.

Awesome thread/post. The Macho Man in 1992-1993 was relegated to the announce table for many different reasons. Some have speculated that it was because of injuries or issues with Vince. Macho's last feud was with crush while he was an announcer and then he left.

To answer your question. I believe that if Macho would have stayed then Jerry the King Lawler would have never been brought in. Macho was good on the mic and was a good partner to vince. macho could have turned into a heel announcer and had a very similar role as the king did in the mid 90's. He would wrestle occasionaly and feud with the top faces.

I dont belive Vince ever wanted to give Macho another run at the title, the truth is that he was a fan favorite that didnt really sell. His fugurines and dolls did, but he had not other merchandise or catch phrases. It's sad to think that he wouldnt have been given another run but Vince is Vince.

The truth is WCW needed Macho man to take the title while Hulk was hurt. They had no legtimate stars from 93-95, besides sting and hogan, both faces. and Macho fell into their laps. If you notice that macho in the NWO was a mockery of the wrestler he really was. Macho's announce table send off would have been far better than his WCW one.

That is what I think too. I think he would have taken the spot or kept the spot he had in the first place, of Jerry Lawler. Savage was definitely a good, if not great announcer.

I also agree his WWF/E announce table tribute/send off, was much more worthy and heartfelt than the way his WCW career played out.

It is funny or maybe even in many cases, tragic, the way things work out...

If he stayed in WWF, he probably never would have been the World Champion again. Yet, to this day, he would probably have been much more relevant to the business and fans of today.

It is a Catch-22... Go to WCW and win the title 4 more times. Twice as many as he had in WWF in the first place. But, after the company is finished, or when you are finished wrestling, you will disappear from the spotlight totally! Even if he hadn't completely kept Lawler from getting his foot in the door and Savage himself being JR's partner at ringside. He would have had some role within the company for sure.

Maybe he would have been on SmackDown or would have only been doing PPVs or something. I can guarantee this to any of you reading this... Randy Savage on at least one occasion would have been GM or Commissioner or something along those lines.

I think Macho would've got another run with the title in the WWE for sure. They could have had him feuding with Brian Pillman. I don't think he would've been the guy to carry the company through the 90's, but he would've been a better pick than Lex Luger...

One thing the WWF seemed to be lacking in 1994/1995 was main event heels. I could see Savage getting frustrated that his talents were being wasted behind a desk and turned back to the crazy heel Savage. I could see him feuding with Bret Hart, Lex Luger, and Razor Ramon. Eventually he could have challenged Diesel for the title and maybe spared us Diesel vs. Mabel at SummerSlam.

Just for the record Lawler came to the WWF almost two years before Savage left so Lawler would not have been affected.

I think Macho would've got another run with the title in the WWE for sure. They could have had him feuding with Brian Pillman. I don't think he would've been the guy to carry the company through the 90's, but he would've been a better pick than Lex Luger...

I don't know if he WOULD have. But he definitely deserved another run with the title...

Imagine if he would have been there in 96-97. The feud he could have had with Steve Austin. Even with Savage as the Face at first, coming from behind the announce table to defend so and so from something Austin had done to them.

Or even later when Austin was a full fledged Face. Savage, as a Heel, feuding with Austin would have been awesome.

Another couple feuds that Savage could have had, if he had stayed with WWF would have probably been epic. Or at least the thought of them at this moment make them seem epic.

Owen Hart - As Savage was winding down in WWF. Owen was just starting to come into his own. He had just recently, in the months leading up to when Savage left, turned Heel. Owen went from lovable, athletic, younger brother of Bret Hart, to hated, out of Bret's shadow, ring general. Owen feuded with Bret for quite a long time. Savage in the mix during those days, I am sure he and Owen could have tore the house down in numerous matches and also had a top 10 all time feud.

Shawn Michaels - Same goes with HBK as with Owen Hart. Both of those guys were coming off tag team wresting and basically were beloved Faces. As their careers started really taking off, Savage left. I think we would have seen an HBK/Savage match or 10.

Bret Hart - I always wanted a PPV one on one match with Hart and Savage. With the WWF Title on the line, it could have been a classic. Savage as a Heel against Hart as a Face in 95/96 could have had some defining moments from that time.

Just those 3 options to me, trump all the feuds he had in WCW. Sure he had some great moments in WCW and was somewhat relevant. But his feuds with guys like Luger and DDP pale in comparison to just a chance he would face those guys mentioned in the WWF at that time.

Not to say Hulk Hogan didn't basically overshadow everything in his career. Including the business itself... But, Savage is the one guy most affected by Hogan's existence, in my opinion. He was TRULY behind Hogan for almost 20 years. Every once in a while, when creative, or WHOEVER couldn't take the pressure of talk that Savage should be the top guy, he would be able to step out and win The World Title. But in a few cases, even dropped the title right to Hogan.

I think if he would have stayed with WWF, he might have finally had his chance to step out of Hogan' shadow (with Hogan being in WCW). Guys like Flair, Hogan, Sting and Luger winning the World Title numerous times apiece, might have triggered Vince to put the title back on a veteran/all time great to duplicate or react to what was going on at the time. Savage would have been the leading candidate for experience and legendary status in The WWF in those days.

I ask you all this... What if Randy Savage wouldn't have left WWF/E in 1994?

Who would it have affected?

Who would have left WWF because of him staying?

Who would have stayed with WWF because Savage himself did.

Also, if Savage stayed and ended up with the World Championship, who would it have affected in the process?

Or... Would Savage just have ended up retiring and making no impact on anyone, had he stayed with The WWF?

How would it have affected WCW? NWO?

In some ways, it may have affected Roddy Piper and his announcing. They both seemed to clash with announcing duties. Perhaps, Piper would have gotten a little more comfortable at the table and stuck around. He was certainly good at it. However, it may not have made much of a difference in that regard.

In all honesty, I think him staying would have made more people leave. He stayed and was buried in terms of his wrestling career. People seeing that might have forced some of the older talent to move on. The fact that he left and had success also made people think. However, with him not being signed to WCW, WCW would have had more room for different stars.

Personally, I doubt he would have had a title run if he stayed around. Maybe they might have given him the title to entice him to stay. However, it would have been relatively short-lived and most people that received the title in 1994 and around that time, would have probably still gotten their runs.

If WCW didn't exist, I think he would have retired a few years after. Maybe went to Japan or something along those lines for certain dates. However, he'd have been gone even sooner. Luckily, he had a decent run with WCW.

if randy savage had stayed in the wwf during this time, I could see one major point being affected. Know I don't know clearly if vince advertised this way, but in 97-98 when the attitude era was starting to take effect, alot of my friends saw wcw as the "old folks home" where the older wrestlers were at aka hulk hogan and randy savage and other former wwf starsm much like today with tna. while hogan and randy were in their late forties, and in my opinion still able to wrestle, alot of people didn't see it this way. So i think this would have effected the wwe's image incredibly and maybe actually hurt them, which is a shame.

If Savage hadn`t left WWE in 1994 the people most affected by him staying would be...Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Trips wouldn`t be able to steal Stephanie from Savage. Trips would be doing the Mark Henry thing today without Stephanie and Savage would have kickstarted his career by marrying Stephanie on PPV. He would have gone on to be a 13 time world champ and he would have cockblocked from the World Title scene the same guys Triple H did.

In all seriousness though, i disagree with almost everything i`ve seen posted here. Randy Savage is my ALL TIME favourite wrestler and I have followed his career and every single match he had. One thing I agree with is that if Savage stayed in WWE they would have had to use him in high profile matches against Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart (in their primes) to combat WCW`s better product and established stars. However, Savage has faced off with Hitman on TV in the late 80s, early 90s, and did face off with him one on one at a ppv: Slamboree 98 I believe. He faced off against Michaels a couple of times and you can youtube this. Savage also beat the Blue Blazer in a match once. Randy Savage did square off with Steve Austin in WCW (where Austin could put on a better wrestling match). And by the way, as much as I love Savage, hearing him commentate with his gravelly voice and not wrestling would have been extremely annoying and pathetic. Commentating is for talentless WWE butkissing fat asses like JR or Mark Madden. It`s not for legends.

A knock against Savage was that he was old and over the hill. He was the Nacho Man. He was a mere 40 years old when Vince started phasing him out as a commentator, a mere 42 when he went to WCW, and a mere 46 when he essentially retired after his Road Wild match with Dennis Rodman. So lets see here. Taker is 45, Triple H is 41, Flair is 62, Hogan is 57, Hitman is 53, Hall is 52 (tomorrow), Nash is 51, Sting is 51, Michaels was 44 when he retired, and Vince is 65. And Vince`s career as a heel wrestler didn`t begin until he was 57. None of these guys were phased out at 40 and none of these guys molested Stephanie McMahon when she was a kid. The closest guy to being phased out was Bret Hart (like Savage among the top 5 wrestlers ever), and we all saw what happened to him. In hindsight, it almost appears as if Vince wanted to be a heel wrestler so bad that he had a plan all along to accomplish this by screwing the company`s biggest face, Randy Savage, but Savage got away from WWE before he could. So he turned around and screwed the next biggest face he created, Bret Hart. Vince a non wrestler started a wrestling career at 53 by screwing over perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time, Hitman. He was trying to phase Hitman`s career to start his own. And in 2010 Hitman is just 53 the same age as Vince was during the Montreal Screwjob!!! Its funny how WWE defending smarks seem to forget just how old and skill-less Vince is when he wrestles but are so quick to tell you Savage is old and washed up at 42 or Hogan is old and fat at 46, or Hitman is too old to be in the ring this year at 53 or Scott Hall is too old at 52 or Nash and Sting are too old at 51. Legends of the business should still have some star power quality even at old age, whereas a non wrestler like Vince shouldn`t be able to come out of nowhere to credibly challenge wrestling`s all time greatest in ppv matches. Doesn`t make any sense. If Vince can put out the matches he did at 60 then why should Hogan, the biggest draw and greatest champion of all time, be too old to wrestle now at 57. Sure Hogan, Hall etc are out of shape but they are wrestlers without access to the same kind of power Vince has when it comes to being able to using roids to keep the body intact and keep it from drooping. Another argument to why Savage, of all people, could hog spotlight a little longer than guys like Triple H and Shawn is that Savage`s career in WWE never even began until he was 33 years old. When Michaels was 33, he was retired in 1998. Trips was beating Jericho for the World Title at Wrestlemania. Savage was relatively old when wrestling got big. He missed out on 10 full years in the spotlight in his early career that Michaels and Triple H were able to have. So really, guys like Taker and Michaels have had way more spotlight time than guys like Savage. Hogan himself only got the spotlight at 31. Hogan has been out of the spotlight minus this year and 2002-2003 since 1999. So really, a guy like Taker has had MORE spotlight time than Hogan and Savage yet Hogan and Savage get a bad wrap as old while WWE loyalists don`t. Its because they left WWE while Taker and Michaels were rewarded as WWE`loyalists` who can be as old and overexposed as they want to be before they retire.

Putting this all into context, Savage was one of the wrestlers who wrestled in his prime and got out before real old age and stayed out. Savage was one of the most agile and entertaining wrestlers ever even in his late 40s and could move around miles faster than most of the listed above. And besides Hogan, Savage could sell just as well or better than anyone in his generation, and better than Hitman or Michaels or Triple H. EVERY wrestler was in Hogan`s shadow and not just Savage. Savage, in my opinion, was the closest one in that generation to becoming bigger and he left a sort of blueprint that Stone Cold Steve Austin expanded upon to change the business. In fact, Savage in the winter of 98 had a bit of a lone wolf Stone Cold gimmick that naturally came across on television and could have been a brilliant angle had Savage not injured himself. His NWO days were far from a mockery, I think Savage was at his ALL TIME BEST taking on the best competition of his career. Sure, his matches ended with a pinfall due to interference. But still, his matches were compelling besides the finishes and interferences. And Savage had MANY catchphrases and merchandise to sell (snap into a slim jim anyone). I just don`t really get the line of argument of some of the posters here. It`s like they were asleep the entire attitude era (or too in love with WWE to notice anything else).

To the OP here saying feuds with Hitman, Michaels and Owen Hart would trump all of Savage`s WCW feuds i laugh. Savage had some of his best feuds in the better wrestling promotion at the time. His feuds with Lex Luger and DDP were insane, his continued off and on relationship with Hogan was epic, his feud with the NWO that led to their eventual end (his lone wolf gimmick which led to the Wolf Pack makes him the main guy to put an end to the original NWO), he did feud with Hitman in WCW and if Shawn Michaels had of taken his butt over to WCW he would have better overall career matches against established stars he never had a chance to face when he was still in the tag team division. And Savage could beat Owen with a simple clothesline. And Savage had some great matchups with just as good up and comer stars like Booker T, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. You know, Chris Benoit. The guy you know WWE erased from history. You don`t know. Ok so now you see Vince`s power in erasing top stars from history. Savage`s legacy isn`t tarnished by his run in WCW. If anything it was enhanced by it. Savage isn`t as familiar to todays fans because 1 he hasn`t been in the wrestling scene like all the other old farts in over a decade and 2 Vince and WWE have tried to diminish his importance because of what he supposedly did to Vince`s daughter. Or maybe Vince is doing it because Savage won`t come back like the Hitman did and is diminishing his legacy until Savage admits fault, kisses ass, and makes amends with Vince. Which i hope Savage WON`T do!

Also, an announce table send off is the WORST way to go. Savage`s WCW run was amazing, he was at the top of his game when he left. Everyone complains about the old guys i mentioned above but Savage was one of the youngest to step out of the spotlight around the time he should have (which would please most of the young smarks of today who can`t stand old guys but like watching **** like Nexus and John Cena). Still, by bowing out early the smarks of today don`t really know or understand just how important Savage was and how he is one of the best pure wrestler entertainers in the same league as Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart. He isn`t as relevant as Hogan, Flair, or Hitman today because he left the spotlight while those guys stayed in it and came back. It has nothing to do with his so called mockery of a run in WCW (utter bull). It has more to do with how WWE has used their home video collection to diminish his importance. (Just like they have recently done with Hulk Hogan..just look at how the number of Hogan hating smarks has quadrupled in the past 5 years).

If Savage hadn't left, then maybe the New Generation era might have had a better time going up against WCW. What WWE was lacking at this time was a sure fire draw. They didn't have Hogan, Or Savage, or Piper really anymore. They were hurting. So in my opinion, I think if anything they would have made more money, and gave WCW a little bit better run for it's money. Maybe...

If Savage hadn`t left WWE in 1994 the people most affected by him staying would be...Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Trips wouldn`t be able to steal Stephanie from Savage. Trips would be doing the Mark Henry thing today without Stephanie and Savage would have kickstarted his career by marrying Stephanie on PPV. He would have gone on to be a 13 time world champ and he would have cockblocked from the World Title scene the same guys Triple H did.

In all seriousness though, i disagree with almost everything i`ve seen posted here. Randy Savage is my ALL TIME favourite wrestler and I have followed his career and every single match he had. One thing I agree with is that if Savage stayed in WWE they would have had to use him in high profile matches against Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart (in their primes) to combat WCW`s better product and established stars. However, Savage has faced off with Hitman on TV in the late 80s, early 90s, and did face off with him one on one at a ppv: Slamboree 98 I believe. He faced off against Michaels a couple of times and you can youtube this. Savage also beat the Blue Blazer in a match once. Randy Savage did square off with Steve Austin in WCW (where Austin could put on a better wrestling match). And by the way, as much as I love Savage, hearing him commentate with his gravelly voice and not wrestling would have been extremely annoying and pathetic. Commentating is for talentless WWE butkissing fat asses like JR or Mark Madden. It`s not for legends.

A knock against Savage was that he was old and over the hill. He was the Nacho Man. He was a mere 40 years old when Vince started phasing him out as a commentator, a mere 42 when he went to WCW, and a mere 46 when he essentially retired after his Road Wild match with Dennis Rodman. So lets see here. Taker is 45, Triple H is 41, Flair is 62, Hogan is 57, Hitman is 53, Hall is 52 (tomorrow), Nash is 51, Sting is 51, Michaels was 44 when he retired, and Vince is 65. And Vince`s career as a heel wrestler didn`t begin until he was 57. None of these guys were phased out at 40 and none of these guys molested Stephanie McMahon when she was a kid. The closest guy to being phased out was Bret Hart (like Savage among the top 5 wrestlers ever), and we all saw what happened to him. In hindsight, it almost appears as if Vince wanted to be a heel wrestler so bad that he had a plan all along to accomplish this by screwing the company`s biggest face, Randy Savage, but Savage got away from WWE before he could. So he turned around and screwed the next biggest face he created, Bret Hart. Vince a non wrestler started a wrestling career at 53 by screwing over perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time, Hitman. He was trying to phase Hitman`s career to start his own. And in 2010 Hitman is just 53 the same age as Vince was during the Montreal Screwjob!!! Its funny how WWE defending smarks seem to forget just how old and skill-less Vince is when he wrestles but are so quick to tell you Savage is old and washed up at 42 or Hogan is old and fat at 46, or Hitman is too old to be in the ring this year at 53 or Scott Hall is too old at 52 or Nash and Sting are too old at 51. Legends of the business should still have some star power quality even at old age, whereas a non wrestler like Vince shouldn`t be able to come out of nowhere to credibly challenge wrestling`s all time greatest in ppv matches. Doesn`t make any sense. If Vince can put out the matches he did at 60 then why should Hogan, the biggest draw and greatest champion of all time, be too old to wrestle now at 57. Sure Hogan, Hall etc are out of shape but they are wrestlers without access to the same kind of power Vince has when it comes to being able to using roids to keep the body intact and keep it from drooping. Another argument to why Savage, of all people, could hog spotlight a little longer than guys like Triple H and Shawn is that Savage`s career in WWE never even began until he was 33 years old. When Michaels was 33, he was retired in 1998. Trips was beating Jericho for the World Title at Wrestlemania. Savage was relatively old when wrestling got big. He missed out on 10 full years in the spotlight in his early career that Michaels and Triple H were able to have. So really, guys like Taker and Michaels have had way more spotlight time than guys like Savage. Hogan himself only got the spotlight at 31. Hogan has been out of the spotlight minus this year and 2002-2003 since 1999. So really, a guy like Taker has had MORE spotlight time than Hogan and Savage yet Hogan and Savage get a bad wrap as old while WWE loyalists don`t. Its because they left WWE while Taker and Michaels were rewarded as WWE`loyalists` who can be as old and overexposed as they want to be before they retire.

Putting this all into context, Savage was one of the wrestlers who wrestled in his prime and got out before real old age and stayed out. Savage was one of the most agile and entertaining wrestlers ever even in his late 40s and could move around miles faster than most of the listed above. And besides Hogan, Savage could sell just as well or better than anyone in his generation, and better than Hitman or Michaels or Triple H. EVERY wrestler was in Hogan`s shadow and not just Savage. Savage, in my opinion, was the closest one in that generation to becoming bigger and he left a sort of blueprint that Stone Cold Steve Austin expanded upon to change the business. In fact, Savage in the winter of 98 had a bit of a lone wolf Stone Cold gimmick that naturally came across on television and could have been a brilliant angle had Savage not injured himself. His NWO days were far from a mockery, I think Savage was at his ALL TIME BEST taking on the best competition of his career. Sure, his matches ended with a pinfall due to interference. But still, his matches were compelling besides the finishes and interferences. And Savage had MANY catchphrases and merchandise to sell (snap into a slim jim anyone). I just don`t really get the line of argument of some of the posters here. It`s like they were asleep the entire attitude era (or too in love with WWE to notice anything else).

To the OP here saying feuds with Hitman, Michaels and Owen Hart would trump all of Savage`s WCW feuds i laugh. Savage had some of his best feuds in the better wrestling promotion at the time. His feuds with Lex Luger and DDP were insane, his continued off and on relationship with Hogan was epic, his feud with the NWO that led to their eventual end (his lone wolf gimmick which led to the Wolf Pack makes him the main guy to put an end to the original NWO), he did feud with Hitman in WCW and if Shawn Michaels had of taken his butt over to WCW he would have better overall career matches against established stars he never had a chance to face when he was still in the tag team division. And Savage could beat Owen with a simple clothesline. And Savage had some great matchups with just as good up and comer stars like Booker T, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. You know, Chris Benoit. The guy you know WWE erased from history. You don`t know. Ok so now you see Vince`s power in erasing top stars from history. Savage`s legacy isn`t tarnished by his run in WCW. If anything it was enhanced by it. Savage isn`t as familiar to todays fans because 1 he hasn`t been in the wrestling scene like all the other old farts in over a decade and 2 Vince and WWE have tried to diminish his importance because of what he supposedly did to Vince`s daughter. Or maybe Vince is doing it because Savage won`t come back like the Hitman did and is diminishing his legacy until Savage admits fault, kisses ass, and makes amends with Vince. Which i hope Savage WON`T do!

Also, an announce table send off is the WORST way to go. Savage`s WCW run was amazing, he was at the top of his game when he left. Everyone complains about the old guys i mentioned above but Savage was one of the youngest to step out of the spotlight around the time he should have (which would please most of the young smarks of today who can`t stand old guys but like watching **** like Nexus and John Cena). Still, by bowing out early the smarks of today don`t really know or understand just how important Savage was and how he is one of the best pure wrestler entertainers in the same league as Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart. He isn`t as relevant as Hogan, Flair, or Hitman today because he left the spotlight while those guys stayed in it and came back. It has nothing to do with his so called mockery of a run in WCW (utter bull). It has more to do with how WWE has used their home video collection to diminish his importance. (Just like they have recently done with Hulk Hogan..just look at how the number of Hogan hating smarks has quadrupled in the past 5 years).

You are not informing me of anything I didn't already know. As far as Savage having one on one matches with the few guys I mentioned. I am completely aware of Savage's matches with each of them. My point was them going one on one in their primes in WWF. I was talking about Savage and Hart wresting one on one at a PPV in WWF. I have also seen Savage face Bret Hart live at about 4 House Shows. ALSO, I own Coliseum Home Video footage of them going one on one. PLUS, Hart and Savage faced each other during Survivor Series 89. I think Savage even eliminated him. By you bringing up that they have had matches versus each other was a waste of time. The idea is a feud if he had stayed in WWF. He never had a true feud with any one of those guys in WWF. I say a match or feud with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin would have been awesome... YOU say, "he faced him in WCW"... Once again, you miss the point. "Stunning" Steve is a far cry from "Stone Cold"... The idea or point of the discussion, was Savage feuding with the guys I mentioned, plus other guys like HHH, in that time frame.

*** Side Note *** Savage faced The Blue Blazer more than once. I watched a House Show in 89 where Savage teamed with Ted Dibiase and faced The Blazer and Jake Roberts.

You are acting like Savage was attacked in this thread. The point is just what might have happened if he had stayed.

His feud in WCW with Page was great. But it fails in comparison to a feud he COULD have had in WWF with HBK or Hart or Owen.

His role in the NWO was great... But once again, he was an afterthought to Hulk Hogan. Sure he split with Nash and started The Wolfpac... But if you really think back, he was supposed to be the leader and Nash basically took it right from him.

As far as your amusing comments on his feuds with DDP and Luger and what not, go... Savage is what made his feuds with those guys even have a slight amount of buzz. Luger is trash and most people don't even know Savage had a feud with him OR DDP. But I bet they would remember if "Macho Man" had feuded with Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart or even Owen in the WWF.

His "epic" continuing feud with Hogan? It was the same redundant shit. Who always ended up on top? Hogan! For someone who "loves" Savage, you sure don't give him enough credit. What you should have wanted for him, was the guy to get out of Hogan's shadow.

I think he could have done that by not jumping ship... Or maybe he wouldn't have... It is all obviously speculation... But I can make the argument that he could have or should have because he didn't step out of his shadow in WCW.

By the way, he was a decent announcer. Sure, he had a raspy voice, but he was good at instilling some emotion and some of his attitude in each broadcast.

His send off in WWF was better because he was at least given some sort of send off. In WCW, he was just, "not there anymore"... It was stupid.

HBK would have had better matches in WCW? Dude he started DX right in that time... Before DX, he had matches with Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Mr. Perfect, so on and so on... LOL...

You tried to act like a smark to be honest and it was an epic fail, but you thought if you typed really really long, you would look smart!! LOL...

Oh well, you win some and you lose some!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back