What if Edge didnt retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StunningBlackMamba24

Savior of Unwashed IWC\\\\
We all know that edge retired. But what wouldve happen if he didnt?
Would he still be world champion?
Would he be drafted to raw?
Would Christian ever win his world champion?
Etc......
So what would have happened if edge didnt retire?

Well IMO, if Edge didn't retire I think Edge would've retained at Extreme Rules in the Ladder Match. Christian would've turned heel on him after that and they would fued while Del Rio still in the mix. Del Rio would've probably won the World Title at Over The Limit in a Triple Threat Match and Edge and Christian would've continued their fued that would've ended at Summerslam.

Christian would not have gotten he Title reign IMO, and would currently be a heel.

No, I do not think Edge would've been drafted to RAW, becuase he was the top face of Smackdown.

And, if he did have those problem's he said he had on the RAW he retired, and the condition's he could've been in, Edge might've not even walked out of Extreme Rules. Which would've been very hard to watch.

I still think he would have been champ... Christian would have turned heel eventually and they would prolly have a epic battle at Summerslam..

Christian would not have won, as much as i would like him to..

But i really think EDGE retiring change the landscape in which SD was heading..

I think Edge would have teamed up with Christian one more time and won the tag team titles, I also beleive that they would of fought at next years wrestlemania for the wwe/whc title and after that gone seperate ways Edge going To Raw assuming Orton was in smackdown

I think orton woulda still been drafted to smackdown an him or edge woulda been turned heel.. an had the injury got so bad they woulda done an injury angle to let him out

If Edge didn't retire, Christian would've not won the WHC at Extreme Rules. I think Christian turns heel and feuds with Edge all the way up until Summerslam where he finally gets his shot. Also, Randy Orton would've stayed on Raw and maybe the Miz drafted to SD!. John Morrison would've been in the doghouse for at least a couple of months due to his heat with Trish Stratus from WM.

I thought I heard that the only reason Christian won the title was to help the "storyline" side of Edge retiring.

I had thought that Edge would drop the title to Del Rio and then reunite Edge & Christian.

If Edge didn't retire, he'd probably land bad on his neck at one point or another and quite possibly be paralyzed for the rest of his life.

Until that happened, well, it looked like they were building up an Edge/Christian feud. Things seemed to get flaky towards the end of the Del Rio feud at Wrestlemania; I have my hunches that Edge's retirement wasn't a "hi guys, btw I'm retiring today" deal, but something that came about shortly before Wrestlemania. Christian turns on Edge, does the cliched "where were you when I was wrestling in small rooms in Orlando" bit, and they have the Edge/Christian feud that so many people were horny over.

I think Del Rio certainly wouldn't have been drafted to RAW. I think Edge and Del Rio would have had a rematch at extreme rules, with Christian turning on Edge giving Del Rio the win. Edge would get his rematch at Over The Limit but again Christian would cause him to lose, then there'd be a triple threat at Capitol Punishment with Del Rio dropping the title, leaving Edge and Christian to feud over the summer, and Del Rio working a program with Orton

I don't think Edge would've retained even at Wrestlemania if he wasn't going to be injured. From what I've heard, internally the WWE knew he was gonna be retiring and they wanted to let him do so on a high note as the champ. I'm pretty sure original plans called for Del Rio to be taking the title off him at Wrestlemania.

If Edge hadn't retired I don't think Christian would've gotten his 5 day reign either. We wouldn't be in the Age of Orton, because Del Rio would probably be on smackdown as the champ right now.

I think he would have lost the World title to Del Rio at Extreme Rules. Then eventually getting it back at SummerSlam or sometime after that. Then him and Christian would have a slow build to next years WrestleMania. Were he would retire after putting Christian over.

I've heard him say on the Bubba the Love Sponge show. That the perfect way to retire for him would be to lose the title to Christian in the WrestleMania main event. I don't think Christian would have to turn heel for it to happen.

WTF kind of question is this that you ask?

More than likely (a heel) Randy Orton would have took the strap off of Edge. And then maybe by Summerslam, Christian would take his rightful spot as a "legit" world champion by defeating Mr. RKO. And would have the title more than two days (five days in TV time that being it's Smackdown).

And as far as Alberto Del Rio, he's on RAW now. So even if Edge didn't retire, Alberto couldn't just take the WHC with him to RAW leaving Smackdown without a world title.

If Edge didn't retire, he'd be running on fumes, and eventually suffer one more injury that would have put him in a wheelchair, perhaps permanently. And Hulk Hogan would have praised him for doing so.

You didn't mention Edge's precarious physical health, so I can only remind you that Edge didn't just retire for whatever reason, he retired for a reason the original post completely dismisses. If If If If If all you want, but the fact is that IF he didn't retire here, then he would end up severely injured in the near future, or we wouldn't even be discussing him here because his career up to the point of WM27 has included those injuries he's sustained.

If he played it safe and avoided the sorts of risks that lead to his high status in the WWE, and avoided career-ending injuries that eventually ended his career this year, would Edge even be so highly regarded now? Or would he be just another wallower in midcard hell for so long, like Goldust or Chavo Guerrero, relics from the 90s and early 2000s?

Alberto Del Rio would have won the World Title at Extreme Rules, but you already know that. Instead of Christian turning on him I think Brodus Clay and Ricardo Rodriguez would have nuetralized Christian leading to Del Rio's victory. Christian and Edge could slowly build towards their feud and possibly claimed one more tag title. But if the popular Christian turn happened then I still don't think they would need to insert the belt into their feud, maybe the eventual winner becoming number 1 contender but if the feud was emotionally invested you can let Del Rio face other people till they finished up.
Let's say Del Rio indeed still got drafted to Raw. I still think he could have beat Edge for the belt and just have Raw's champ get drafter over to SmackDown(most likely Miz seeing as Vince ain't losing Cena to SmackDown). Even if Orton still got shipped over to SmackDown I think he would have an interesting part in the Edge, Christian, and Del Rio saga. Orton and Edge have a lot of history as rated RKO and what not so if Christian did turn on Edge you would have the Viper come to his aid but make his intentions for the World title clear as well. Even with Orton and Edge on the same brand I don't think Edge shadow would have been so huge that Orton wouldn't be able to shine as well.

Isn't it about 3 years too soon to ask this question?

Edge would have lost the return match with ADR due to interference from Christian. Edge now has to battle ADR, Christian, Clay, and that announcer dude. The rest of smackdown continues to suffer from lack of exposure and meaningful angles.

I read somewhere that Christian was supposed to turn Heel and cost Edge the title, and Del Rio would get the title, Christian and Edge fight for #1 and Christian vs Del Rio would happen in the last two PPV's and Christian was supposedly in for the title after Del Rio had a healthy run with it.

Well the biggest thing that would be different if Edge hadn't been forced to retire is that the draft wouldn't have happened yet. In all likelihood the draft was slated for a 3-hour RAW in June, and was moved up to get Orton on Smackdown ASAP.

So at this point, we likely would have seen ADR & Edge finish off their feud at OTL, ADR probably winning the WHC and then going ahead with the current Big Show feud on Smackdown, probably dropping the belt before or immediately after the June draft to move to RAW and feud with Cena.

Would Edge and Christian have feuded? Maybe, but not necessarily. I think WWE might have seen Edge's retirement coming, which would explain things like Christian beating ADR twice in the buildup to Wrestlemania.

The big question is, would Orton have been drafted to Smackdown? No idea, really.

Had Edge not retired I don't know if Orton would have been drafted to Raw... Christian would have turned heel and I don't think Del Rio would have won the World Heavyweight Championship... What I would have done is have Del Rio vs Edge in the ladder match as planned... and what if, it's never happened before, what if Christian ran down in mid match while Del Rio and Edge were both down and climbed the ladder and took the World Heavyweight Championship... Then proclaimed to be the Champion though Edge didn't actually lose the title... Wouldn't that have been a new and fresh story?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back