• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should they retire?: Edge

Should Edge retire?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, part 2.
Should 'The Rated R Superstar' Edge retire?

imgres

4 X WWE champion
7 X World Heavyweight champion
5 X Intercontinental champion
2 X WWE Tag team champion
12 X World Tag Team champion
King of the Ring (2001)
Mr. Money in the Bank (2005)/(2007, if you count Kennedy's)
Royal Rumble (2010)

His best matches have to be:

Edge vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell match, 2008
Spearing through the side of the cell, chokeslam from the top of the ladder, ring in flames? What else could you want!!

Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudley Boyz - Triangle Ladder match.
Because of this match, TLC became famous. This was an epic match, and they won.

Edge is 37. Which isn't THAT old, but quite old for a wrestler. He's had so many surgeries, and one more could cost him his career.

So, Should Edge retire?

Alright I don't agree with what you say are his best matches as John Cena vs Edge TLC was better than the Edge/Taker Hell in a Cell. The TLC matches were also better than the triangle ladder match at Wrestlemania 2000. I can't believe you didn't even mention his hardcore match with Mick Foley at Wrestlemania 22 but I don't guess all that really matters because we know he has had some great matches.

As for your question, I think Edge has looked a little out of shape since returning from injury at the Royal Rumble last year. He doesn't look to bad but he should consider retirement when his contract expires. I am not saying he needs to retire but I think he could consider it. He's not old and he can still go but his body just doesn't look the same and he seems to be moving slower. Edge is one of my favorite superstars of all time so I will be sad when he retires but it should deffinately be up for consideration especially with the PG era focused more on kids. Edge is better as the Rated R Superstar.

I think Edge earn the right to retire when he thinks is right for him to do so. I just hope his last match is in a WWE ring, wouldn't mind seeing him do a little run in TNA but he must retired WWE. His last match he needs to leave through the crowd just how he debuted coming out through it, this will be the perfect story ending for edge.

I'm a hard person to sell. Im really not a fan of that many wrestlers. When Edge first showed up I loved him. Now hes still cool but I like the old mid-card Edge better. It's most likely just the mystery of the character that I was drawn too since he's obviously more talented now.

Anyway I'll go out on a Limb. So far I'm the only one that voted yes in the poll. Why? Because the poor guy is always injured. In 20 years he's already going to be in extreme, daily, pain. Why make it worse? Because we're selfish? That's the only reason we got. If the guy is considering retirement the pain is the obvious reason. Maybe it's the winter travel blues or something but with his past with injuries I would lean the other way.

Edge is good enough on the mic to where he can get a damn good job in The WWE without needing to set foot in the ring. He could take Josh Matthews or Matt Strykers job in an instant. I doubt he could pull off the mystery GM though after all the fist fights with the computer lol.

Altogether I say he should do what he wants and if he does retire we shouldn't bitch about it like we always do. Noone gives a shit about their favorite wrestlers well being, they just want to be entertained. Maybe WWE is our link to the good old gladiator days.

I think Edge earn the right to retire when he thinks is right for him to do so. I just hope his last match is in a WWE ring, wouldn't mind seeing him do a little run in TNA but he must retired WWE. His last match he needs to leave through the crowd just how he debuted coming out through it, this will be the perfect story ending for edge.

Well, Yeah he has earned the right do retire when he chooses to, but i hope it is not anytime soon. I think he should retire when he can't go anymore. Should he retire in TNA or WWE? As you said, he should retire when he started (By the way his first televised match was in WCW), but if he ever goes to TNA i have no problem with that.

yes hes 37. which is kinda old in wrestling terms, yet there are guys like sting, taker, and hhh who are still going. if edge wants to retire then he does deserve it. its not like he came into the wwe late. he's been there for what 15 yrs? thats a pretty long run and he is a 10 time world champion. theres not a whole lot more for him to accomplish. he's not going to get to 16, and he's held basically every title the wwe has ever had. i think he's been a champ of some sort 30 times now. thats impressive. i could see him retiring for about a year or 2 then come back for one final run. guys that perform at his level for that long deserve a break. and he is definitely a future hall of famer

I think he should soon. It pains me to say it, since im a big fan. But Edge has been around for a while. Sure he's 37 and thats not that old and all, but when you consider all his injuries over the years, all that stuff shortens a guys career. Not to mention probably his life expectancy.

I also don't want to see him drag on over the years and be that guy who should of retired years back but still tries to live the glory days. And please keep him out of TNA, thats just unnecessary. When he does retire, I hope it's a big party. He deserves that.

First and foremost Edge's best WRESTLING match was with Kurt Angle at Backlash 2002, that was the match that got him on the map big time, out of his gimmick matches I can name better matches then his Hell In A Cell with Undertaker from SummerSlam 2008.

Erm should Edge retire?

Personally I'd like to see Edge semi retire and maybe do rare matches here and there I believe Edge and WWE would benifit from Edge making working 3-4 months of the year until he hits his 40s, he's got a lot to offer the WWE from a creative/storyline side to possibly being a possible manager/commentator.

He's proven to put people over and get them over and if I was WWE (or Vince) I'd be doing everything and anything to keep Edge on payroll at any cost even if that means giving him 6-8 months of the year off to do his after wrestling adventures.

I am a big EDGEHEAD and I'll be very sad when he retires.Edge is an amazing wrestler and surely he will be in the HOF for sure.And if you ask me he should retire in a match against Christian.I can see it it is WRESTLEMANIA and it is a TLC match for the world title EDGE vs CHRISTIAN and no matter if he wins or loses it will be an awesome match and the fans will love it.I don't want him to go to TNA cause Edge started in the WWE and he should retire there.

I don't think he should retire yet. I think when his contract is up he should work on a by date basis just to finish up story lines and then pull a Jericho and go on hiatus.

Give himself about a year to heel injuries, get into a little better shape, and when he is ready come back for a few years so he is better than ever and go out on top.

It would be a shame if Edge retired right now because, although he's my favorite wrestler and always will be, right now he is very mediocre and I don't want him to go out like this.

As much as I hate to say it, Edge is on his last leg. With the amount of injuries he has had, and the amount of work he puts into his matches, he has one maybe two more really good years left in him. That is if he says healthy. But before he goes out, I REALLY want to see one more run with Christian as tag champs. Perhaps, even go back to when they were goofy, who could forget the kazoo theme song in the back. Also, I do like the idea mentioned earlier, him leaving through the crowd, since he arrived through the crowd. But before he would do that, I want the benifit of flash photagraphy.

I think he has more left in his tank. I think a one more year for Edge will enable him to leave at the perfect time. If Mania is in Canada next year, it is the perfect way to go out.

He could retire in his home country, at the biggest event there is, and possibly go into the HOF too.

I think he would retire on top of his game. He could avoid the stereotypical "Broken Down" old wrestler. It has been noted numerous times, especially by Jim Ross, that Edge has managed his money well, and has other options he could pursue as a career after wrestling, without the strain on his body.

I think he could transition well to movies or to be some kind of reality star. He has the name, the look and talent to make something happen, entertainment wise, when he steps away.

Edge is talented enough to even move into an announcing role, or on screen management.

So, I think one more year for Edge would leave a lasting impression when he walks away.

Now Edge has done alot for the business. I remember his first match like it was Yesterdiddy.....He took on Jesus Castillo, Somersault Plancha outside the ring, and knocked the dude out with a concussion. But Edge should within another year. I don't see him having another major reign after the one he has now. But the point of the matter is Edge is just injury prone too much. And he shouldn't reconsider his retirement, it's not worth being paralyzed from the neck down, to make us happy. Edge needs to do whats best for Edge, and that's retire. But if Edge does decide to retire, I want to see Him and Christian go after Tag Team Title Again, and give us another 5 second pose. And bring integrity back to the WWE Tag Team Division when they were teaming, and u had the New Age Outlaws, Dudley Boyz, Hardy Boyz, Too Cool, and The APA. But when he retires, he needs to retire, don't give him no Ric Flair, or HBK type Send off, cause that's for legends. And Esge did alot for the business, but I wouldn't call him no legend. Like one person said before, let him leave the same way he came in, through the crowd.

I do not think Edge should retire. Now bear with me with the actual technical terms. Edge has the Raw Triple Crown (WWE Title, Intercontinental Title, and for the sake of this statement, the World Tag Team Titles). Edge has the Smackdown Triple Crown (World Title, United States Title, and for the sake of this statement, the WWE Tag Team Titles). Edge has the “Special Event” Triple Crown, King of the Ring, Mr. Money in the Bank (the hard way 1st, and the easy way 2nd), and Royal Rumble Winner. The WWE's only Triple-Triple Crown Champion!!

I say he either feuds with Ted DiBiase over the Million Dollar Title, tries to get a European or Hardcore Title reign for the “WWE Grand Slam”, or he could go to TNA, where he could take it easy and help out the future, all at the same time. Might even pick up a “TNA Grand Slam”…only if you stay for as long as A. J. has.

I am with The Disturbed here. Edge just hasn't been the same since his return at the Royal Rumble in 2010. His face runs have been border line abysmal and his heel runs have been short lived. Unless Edge goes into a more reclusive role ie- when he first debuted in '98, it's obvious he should remain a heel. On the contrary though, 37 is not THAT old. I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank if he wanted to continue. The only thing is, what's left for him to do? Give the rub on some of the younger, future stars. If Edge were to stick around after his contract expires, he should definitely be used on a main event level, but more of a role similar to Jericho's. They need to use him for star value, have him do a few jobs and build some credibilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back