What if Eddie hadn't returned to the WWE in 2002?

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
I was watching Eddie's 'Viva La Raza' DVD last week and while watching it I had a thought, what if Eddie hadn't returned to the WWE in 2002 after his release for the pain-killer addiction and drink driving charges?

When he did return to the WWE he managed to really establish himself as one of Smackdown's top stars and proved a great opponent for many different wrestlers with different styles, not to mention the 'Lie, Cheat, Steal' gimmick that got him and Chavo incredibly over with the crowds. He arguably became a lot more consistent as well up until his death.

HOWEVER

Let's have a think and how things could have been different;

Before the notion of Rey not winning the WHC belt comes up, would Rey still have gone to WWE if Eddie hadn't been there? On a lesser note, the Mexi-Cools too?

Would Chavo have lasted as long in the WWE without his uncle?

Vickie undoubtedly wouldn't have ever appeared, how much effect has she had?

If he had just carried on wrestling independently, would this have caused his death sooner due to no restrictions on his substance abuse, or would he still be around?

And finally... In 2002, TNA started up. If he had been available and joined up, what impact might he have had there?

Just some things to think about, it'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts on any of these points and maybe some others I haven't thought of

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back