• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Cena or HHH got suspended violating the WWE Wellness Policy???

Showtime

It's Showtime!
With the media circus in baseball finally cooling down after A-Rod had been pointed out A Fraud, Tejada testifying that he did take steroids, and Clemens and Bonds looking like they might be going to jail, it's a wonder how the MLB will ever get passed this black eye. The WWE themselves had their own steroid black eye incident after the Benoit murder suicide, suspending 10 of their own, the biggest names being Booker T and Edge, and Orton was among the list of people who also purchased steroids, but only Booker T was suspended, as Edge was injured and essentially received no punishment and Orton avoided a third strike because he admitted to it earlier and was suspended then for it. Other than that, it's been the occasional suspension and usually it's lower or middle card wrestlers who are suspended. It lead me to wonder...

What if it had been Cena or HHH, arguably the companies two biggest stars and most loved wrestlers, who got caught using steroids during the black summer of 2007, or were caught randomly like Regal and Ziggler were in 2008? What repercussions would they have face? How much more backlash would the WWE had faced when one of there two biggest stars had to be suspended or stripped of their world title? Would hell have frozen over or would little else than a slap on a wrist and no mention of it ever again be the likely scenario?

First, although its never been proven at all, it wouldn't surprise me if HHH and Cena have taken steroids in their careers. HHH more likely took steroids than Cena because HHH did come up in the era and has always been a hulking muscular figure, remember how huge he was in his feud with Steiner. Cena may have never taken steroids before, it would be very hypocritical to his clean cut, respect the rules gimmick he plays. Still, those shoulders of his are massively huge for a man of his size and it wouldn't surprise me if he had juiced up once before in his career.

Still, slander aside, I'm sure that very little more would've actually happened to Cena or HHH if they were among the many suspended in 2007. Yes, Cena would've had to drop the WWE title and HHH it would've ruined his return, but they are the companies two biggest stars and few of the many wrestlers that have been suspended from the 2007 group to the present few have seen any major repercussions happen to their careers. In fact, most have actually been awarded titles and pushes upon their return, so little would've happened to Cena and HHH. If they were a random suspension like one of the few we've seen in the past year and a half, there could be more of a backlash against them, because if they were suspended now it be because they were dumb because they knew what the rules were now and they did it any way. There might be a little more hubbub from the media, but nothing too much because obviously wrestling doesn't have the same media attention as baseball or other sports have. And it shouldn't be scrutinized like other sports. Also, wrestling isn't a sport on stats, accomplishments and awards, like others are. Using steroids doesn't taint what the wrestler has done before as much as it taints other pro athletes and their accomplishments. And WWE has made strong efforts to clean up their act and most wrestlers have fallen in line.

The biggest backlash at all may be from the fans. I'd lose a little more respect if HHH or Cena were suspended for violating the Wellness Policy, but I think most fans don't care to much about wrestlers using steroids as long as they don't over do it, and most would forgive and forget. If the WWE keeps doing as they are doing, they should never have any real big issues with steroids again, especially ones as big as in the MLB.

Well, my question was a thoughtful idea, but my answer seemed weak. What is everyone else's opinion? What would happen if HHH or Cena were ever caught and suspended?

I don't think it would ever happen. These two are easily the biggest faces in the company and I would think are under protection. Someone whispering to them that a test is comign or something like that. Also, if it did happen, I don't think we'd hear about it. For one thing, WWE would suffer more or less the biggest hit they could take. This would be awful. It's one thing to have Ziggler or Kennedy get busted, but Cena and HHH are as big as they get. This would cripple Vince. To have your biggest stars in trouble would cast about as big of a shadow as there could be. Cena is the hero of the company. To have him be shamefaced would be awful for Vince.

There would be no way that would happen. HHH is a member of the McMahon family and one of WWE's biggest starts. Cena is WWE's BIGGEST star. They would be tipped off before a test, or if they failed a test, it would be swept under the rug and quickly.
To look at HHH, it seems obvious to me that he does steroids and has done so for years (his two quad injuries seem to point to that as quad injuries are an injury that can be a sign of overuse of steroids ). I'd bet the farm that he's come up on tests and magically passed them, or avoided them all together.
As was pointed out earlier, it would be a corporate nightmare if ether one of these men failed a test. WWE can stand to weather the storm if Jeff Hardy or William Regal fails a test, but it would be death for them if HHH or Cena does.

Hmmm...this is a very interesting question. I believe there would be different repercussions for each wrestler should they test positive for steroids. If it was HHH, I don't think anything would come of it, except a, "Yeah, so what?" The one thing HHH has been smart about is totally dodging the issue of steroids. In fact, he has been a smart person in that he has pretty much kept out of any spotlight that isn't owned by WWE. Although most of us in the IWC believe he is on the juice and there is much hearsay about him being on it (e.g., in shoot interviews), he has never publicly disclosed whether or not he is on steroids. If he confirmed out worst suspicions, I think we would be shocked for about five minutes and then we would probably shrug our shoulders and go on to discuss something else.

On the other hand, Cena has vehemently denied to the media that he is on steroids. Furthermore, no wrestler has made as much of an effort to appeal to kids since Hulk Hogan. Therefore, I believe that, if it were found out that Cena was using steroids, WWE would have a scandal on their hands that would be even bigger than the one they had in the early 90s. Ultimately, Cena would probably be done for and WWE would have a tarnished reputation that it would take years to recover from (they would do it though, as they have done it before).

Thus, in the end, HHH using steroids wouldn't be that big of a deal. In the worst case scenario, WWE would have a few miffed current and former employees who were disciplined for steroid usage and who would want some kind of compensation. However, Cena using steroids would both kill his career and a significant portion of WWE's business. But, if it was found out that HHH was using steroids and Cena admitted to using steroids a few years later, I don't think Cena using steroids would be that big of a deal, as HHH admitting he uses steroids would pretty much be a tacit blessing for professional wrestlers in WWE to use performance-enhancing drugs.

The day Cena or HHH get suspended for drugs is the day Vega and Balrog become playable in Street Fighter.

The two of them are way to big to get suspended. As someone already mentioned, they'd probably be tipped off beforehand and even if they did fail, the WWE would probably do little to nothing about it; especially for HHH.

While I personally don't care if they're on steroids or not (it's a fake sport anyway), I don't think it'd be fair to the rest of the roster for those two to get special treatment. To be serious about this policy, it needs to be enforced on everyone, no matter how big they are.

I don't care what anybody said... HHH has already gotten away with steroids publicly in the past. Anybody remember his return from his quad injury? He was ungodly huge... Not to mention that Cena and HHH would never...EVER get suspended, simply because of their relationship with the boss. The day Cena or HHH get suspended, I will eat my hat. Quote me.

triple h using the juice..probably, i dont think he's using now. before...yes

cena on the other hand, i dont think the guy has ever touched the stuff. he has said over and over that he hasnt and he never will. i believe the guy totally.

now, if it EEEEEEVER happened that one or the other or both did...they'd be done for sure. trips for embarassing the mcmahons and cena for bing a hypocrite.

Cena played football in college and wasn't much different than now, yea he packed on a few pounds and HHH has always been kinda big, yea two quad surgeries that means he had 10 months off to work his upper body, neither guys are huge like body builders. If you all would get up off your computers put down your twinkies and try some weights it would only take you about 2 year on the right plan W/O Steroids! to get to cena's size! What about Mark Henry? Think he's juiced, there are lots of wrestlers in WWE that have most are gone. If your a real star you think your gonna ruin your shot and be forced to TNA for a little juice GET A CLUE!!!

Do you know anything about steroids? What they do to the body? A person can lift weights and look ripped or they can use steroids and look inhuman. In the past, HHH has had the body of a steroid user.
I'm not talking about Cena. I don't think he uses, but I would bet HHH uses. One of the BIG side effects of prolonged steroid use is damage to joints and tendons. HHH has had TWO quad injuries. One was torn completely off the bone. That just does not happen under normal circumstances.
By the way, if you want to make a point during a debate/discussion, two things help. 1). Learn to spell and use correct punctuation and 2). Don't insult people you don't know. You might have more people taking you seriously if you do that.

Cena played football in college and wasn't much different than now, yea he packed on a few pounds and HHH has always been kinda big, yea two quad surgeries that means he had 10 months off to work his upper body, neither guys are huge like body builders. If you all would get up off your computers put down your twinkies and try some weights it would only take you about 2 year on the right plan W/O Steroids! to get to cena's size! What about Mark Henry? Think he's juiced, there are lots of wrestlers in WWE that have most are gone. If your a real star you think your gonna ruin your shot and be forced to TNA for a little juice GET A CLUE!!!

I think if they were caught it would be swept under the rug. They might serve a suspension but it'd probably be released they were taking some time off or something. I doubt Vince would want it public his biggest star and son in-law were druggin it up.

Now I know that when wrestlers get suspended or fired because of this matter people find out their names but, is Vince McMahon and WWE legally required to publicly name and shame wrestlers or is it a personal choice of his? (Does anyone know for sure?) Because I could see two things happening...

1. If Vince McMahon was legally required to release names of wrestlers, then he would be in big trouble because Triple H and Cena are two of the biggest draws WWE has and the brands provide better quality shows when they are on it and for them to be publicly named and shamed would definately hurt their fan base I think, with the exception of the loyal fans and would give the haters more ammo to use against them and both would suffer huge blemishes on their record and I don't think either would be getting title shots or anything upon their return.

2. If Vince McMahon didn't have to legally name and shame them, then I would expect Vince McMahon to get them to set up injury story lines for the both of them and try to keep it under wraps because it would be very damaging for Cena's child friendly, heroic, nice guy persona to have that blemish on his career as being suspended for steroid abuse.

As for if they have been using it, I think there's a better chance that Triple H has used it in the past a long time ago because I don't think it would have been strictly monitored when Triple H was just getting started out compared to when Cena was just getting started out. While it would suprise me if both of them admitted to using it, I would be less shocked about Triple H admitting it. I would be surpised if Cena has.

Now don't be so sure. RVD was both the Raw and ECW champion in 2006, and dropped both titles, got smashed by the big show and was gone for 30 days due to being caught with Weed. And that pretty much destroyed his career as he never recovered from it since and is not wrestling no more. Now I think Cena would definately get suspended. WWE has to do what's right for business and set an example to the lockeroom. Big star or not, no matter what the show goes on without you. Now for HHH, he would probably be an exception only because he is married into the Mcmahon family, but not because he is one of the biggest stars....Just like when Austin and Brock Lesnar walked out, the show went on, and the show would go on with or without Cena/HHH.

If they got suspended for the wellness policy, then the WWE would be fucked. Seriously. I mean, Cena is the biggest face in professional wrestling. If he got suspended then the WWE would have no credibility left in terms of keeping their wrestlers clean. I mean, if the biggest superstar they have, against drugs and has stated many times that he will never take steriods, then they would have nothing to use against people who say wrestling is filled with steriod taking people. If HHH got busted, we wouldn't hear about it. Simple. I mean, the WWE wouldn't let it slip. I'd be surprised if he got tested anyway. It does look like he's dabbled with steriods before, although I won't say that I believe he DEFFO has. It is most probably down to him busting his ass in the gym ect. But either way, if he violated the policy then not much would be made out of it.

If people don't think HHH isn't or has never been on the juice they are very naive. Look at HHH body when he first entered the WWe and was the True Blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley, than look how quickly his body got big when Micheals left and he took over DX, he just got huge quickly. You don't get that big that quickly without a little bit of help.

As for Cena, ever since he's been with the WWE he has been about the same size, so there are no before and after type pictures to compare him to. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was. After finding out A-Rod was on the Juice nothing will ever surprise me again.

It would be fun to speculate what would happen, but in all honesty, it simply isn't going to.

Like has been stated/speculated, I am absolutely sure these two are protected by the company's Top Brass, at the highest levels.

I remember Scott Steiner was challenged about being on roids and was asked to take a test. He said he would if HHH would, which means I think it's pretty much a given that everyone behind the scenes knows trips is juicing.

No chance either of them would ever get suspended. HHH has been juicing for years - there can't be any doubt. He may not anymore, but before this whole wellness policy got out of he was taking a needle in the ass two times a day for sure.

Look what happened to Orton last year. Didn't he get busted? Yeah - instead of suspending him I believe they gave him the belt.

You can't take our your best talent.

HHH is a very delicate situation for Vince...both professionally and personally. If he violates...he`ll have to expose a big drawer but also his son in law and that`s not very easy. In cena`s case, at least it`s not personal.
However if he kinda try to protect HHH...well what would the other wrestlers and the wrestling community in general think?

But bottom line, I do think he`ll protect them somehow. What if back in the days Austin got caught..would he have been suspended back in 98/99/01...not chance in hell.
As for to the would the show go on without them question. WWE would miss HHH a lot and as for Cena, as much as I hate him...there`s ain`t such big face actually. But the show would go on...no doubt.

Neither Cena or the Game would ever be caught violating the wellness policy. Cena is well known for his dedication to the business, and in most cases, is the actual "straight-edge" superstar. He'll come out and tell you he drinks, and he drinks a lot. But he will never again use steroids or illegal drugs. The guy is a bodybuilder, and 100% natural at it. Cena takes his job very seriously and knows that he is a role model for millions of kids.
As for Triple H...the guy is a McMahon, the WWE Champion, and has two kids. He's not a minor leaguer and he doesn't have the "college kid" attitude for the business anymore.

I agree with MikeKillam. Cena is dedicated beyond belief to the business and everything about him is 100% real. When Triple H said in a sense that "All Cena has is the WWE," he was correct and Cena even agreed with it. Cena isn't going to do anything to put his career and life in jeopardy. And even though he's young, he doesn't need the juice because he is a bodybuilder and with a little luck from good genes possibly, it does appear that that physique comes a little easier to Cena than it does for others. I think he's more level-headed than a lot of the guys in the locker room. Especially Orton. Now I am a huge Orton fan but let's face it, just a year or two ago... he had some issues. But he's straightened out quite a bit since then and I still think as far as a mental edge goes, Cena has the advantage on Orton. Orton's married (I believe) and has a child. Cena doesn't have any outside things to worry about other than building a huge career.

As for Triple H, why doesn't anybody think Vince would suspend him? I'll build on that but I will say first and foremost, Triple H would probably (because you can't say never) not be caught dead violating the wellness policy. He's too much of a vetran to need the physical edge and when he returned at SS '07, it was clear that he was not the massive huge Triple H he was before he went out. He's still built, but not as big as he used to be. Another reason why I don't believe you'd ever see him violate it would be because he wrote a book on bodybuilding. Now I never read the book, but judging by the name and what I've heard about it, that's a big topic of the book. What credibility would he have if he was caught using a banned substance and wrote a book on bodybuilding? Yes, I realize some have done that, but Triple H would definately lose out big time.
As for Vince banning him IF he were to violate the wellness policy, I would bet the farm, or at least hope Vince has the mindset to give Triple H the 30-day suspension just to show the world and the guys in the back that work for him that the wellness policy is not to be taken lightly and NOBODY is immune to what it says.

I hope I'm right, but John Cena and Triple H are smart people aren't they? If they know what happens to a wrestler after they violate the Wellness Program... why the hell would they even try it. It's likely that if Triple H or John Cena was never tested negative on the Wellness test, then they have never taken steroids before. So, there should be absolutely no reason to start taking them now. Both Cena and HHH have fairly impressive physiques, so it would be dumb to use steroids, as it would just cause them to get roid rage for no reason. If Cena or Triple H (2 of WWE's biggest superstars) ever failed the Wellness Test and got suspended, it would literally be the dumbest decision that I've ever seen a wrestler make since Haiti Kid (god rest his soul) attempted to do a ''dropkick'' to King Kong Bundy in 1987.

We all know HHH has used some kind of steroids/HGH, but he'd never get suspended in a million years, as far as drugs, I don't think so, he's a family guy, I don't think he would do that, but regardless, neither of the two would get suspended, like Orton, but Orton, cuz he has talent, Cena cuz he's the top draw, and HHH cuz he's the son-in-law lol

If John Cena or Triple H were to get suspended for use of illegal performance enhansing drugs, the WWE Universe may as well explode. Vince McMahon would blow up in his office and fire everybody. However, this would never ever happen. In the MLB Gene Orza was whispering around about tests for steriods, and I'm sure the WWE has a Gene Orza equivelent. Somebody's always looking out for the top dogs. It could be a referee or it could be Vince himself. Somebody is always in the know. Now if a miracle were to happen and Triple H or Cena were suspended, the media would have a field day. The media people would say they weren't suprised, say the WWE is fake, and to develop a fake product you need fake people. That's where steroid users come in. Plus, unless it was conducted by some sort of outside, messed up company, nobody in the crowd would know about it. The WWE would do it's hardest to keep this under the rug, and make sure this didn't get out. Either way, I think fans looking forward to the busting of Cena and HHH would be dissapointed. This would be swept deeply under a thick rug, never to ever be heard of.

The suspension would never happen. Both would get a tip the test was coming. Even if they took the test and failed, it would be kept VERY quite with no punishment at all. Mainly with Cena because he is the biggest star the company has. Little kids go nuts for the guy and that means big money for WWE. It could not get out that he violated the wellness policy without the WWE taking a monumental hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back