• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What I would do to help SmackDown!

aFm wReStLiNg

Dark Match Jobber

I would Like to state that I have not gotten the chance to watch much of SmackDown! even though i would really like to, but i do find it as a good show and wish everyone watched it. I used to watch it when it was on thursdays but once it moved to fridays it got bad. Also anyone else relised how when raw and smackdown shared a roster, smackdown aired live once and awhile especially when steph became gm for the brand? If sd is a "brand" different then raw, then it should air live like ECW. That I find weird by the way because WWE made smackdown and they are putting more effort into ECW which they did not make. Smackdown also needs big names and attractions that Raw gets which they do not need. This might be a kick in my ass but they do need John Cena. It will be weird with him and Batista on the same brand but his name will help it once again. He had the ratings going on that show (so did Brock but I will post on him another time). Smackdown already has some good talent, not including "Great" Kahli. The only thing he is great at is to suck worse then Nathan Jones did. Atleast Nathan and Matt along with Heyman and Big Show had something going on. Kahli gets pulled off of PPV's and is ruining Davari. With SmackDown going to CW, i think WWE should try to get muhamad Hussan back because he brought contreversy to Smackdown, and that is also what SmackDown needs.... Thats it for today, until then.....Cryme Time and Jeff Hardy for SmackDown!!

ok heres why smackdown is not at the level of raw.

raw is live smackdown is NOT.
smackdown is on friday nights..a time when everyone is out.
raw has better ENTERTAINERS not WRESTLERS.
smackdown lacks promo's.
raw has more specialty matches.
raw is what you say more "funny" or "entertaining" than smackdown.
no one watches smackdown because everyone knows what will happen.
smackdown lacks talent.
orton, angle, crazy, cena, big show, christian, and hassan left.

There is about 23 topics like this one...

But.. All I would do.. Is just get one top wrestler from Raw... Like... HBK... And have him fued with Booker.. And also hire new writers for the WWE in general...

also they talked an awful lot about cena on smackdown.
maybe they are hinting that cena might come to smackdown.

smackdown is gonna get better in the next cuple of month they will have cena benoit and angle back wrestling or them

Nothing can make Smackdown better - its too fucked up. Only thing that can save it would be a re-launch of the entire brand as a whole. That includes a new look and a new direction. This means a new entrance ramp, a new ring, new colors (not blue), new champions, new talent, new Smackdown! theme music, go back to the black ring-posts and apron (i know it's a secondary consideration but it really lends to the second-rate look of the show - its a psychological/product-positioning thing) and a completely different direction from any other WWE brand. We have ECW, which has the 'Extreme Style' as its identifier (despite it not being evident in their shows), RAW has the whole 'Big Stars and Entertainment' as its identifier - and Smackdown! currently has 'Stupid and Ludicrous' as its identifier.

Smackdown! needs to stop booking shock angles and concentrating less on its moronic storylines, becuase they are just ridiculous. Smackdown! should change direction and focus on what is already their strength - THEY HAVE THE BEST IN-RING PRODUCT OF ANY WWE BRAND. They need to take of the shackles and let the talent do their thing (like they have taken in-ring limits off most ECW talents) and they need to build their stories their young guys. The only thing that stops any wrestler from being the top guy is a lack of exposure and story development. The fans will buy anyone as the top guy if they are sold on it properly.

IMO, get rid of Khali, get rid of Mark Henry, get rid of Tatanka, get rid of Michelle McCool, get rid of Funaki, and get rid of Gillian. Bring in Cena (for 'mainevent status'), bring in Charlie Haas, bring in Carlito and bring back Super Crazy (what the fuck is he on Raw for?) This still leaves Raw with more than enough guys to carry it. Orton and Jeff Hardy are also good choices for Smackdown! but I didn't want to take too much from Raw when it is unnecessary.

Kill the Undertaker gimmick - it was stupid 6 years ago, its even stupider now. Move with the times Vince, seriously. Not only can Taker no longer pull off the Taker gimmick - being 70 years old and all - but nobody apart from 4 year olds respond to it anymore. I'd say the same for Boogeyman, but it doesn't bug me as much (I'll actually excuse the use of one stupid gimmick) just as long as they tone it down, i.e. no more worms, no more eating bitches faces, no more WTF!!!! situations. I don't know why people like this gimmick - every time Kennedy grabs that mic it makes me want to switch the channel because I know I have to go through ten minutes of nothing just to hear him say his name. Apart from that no real complaint. Let Simon Dean be Nova or just get rid of him - coz its annoying how much better he could be. And take those stupid dog collars off Noble and Kash.

Push Matt Hardy (the guy is so fucking over it's stupid not to), push Lashley, push Gregory Helms, push London, Kendrick, Noble, Kash, Psicosis, Super Crazy (after moving him back), de-push Batista he is hopeless (let him be a manager or enforcer or something) and focus storylines around this group of talent. That way when they put on the match of the night - like they always do people will actually give a shit. Its a spit in the face when they put on the best match on the card and everyone is waiting to see Batista trip over his own feet while attempting a leg-drop - simply for the fact that he has been promoted better.

And for fucks sake kill this King Booker thing. The WWE had this awesome worker in Booker for so many years and they had to completely destroy his character and stick him in some bullshit gimmick to finally see that he can carry a title. Watch some old Nitro and see how the fans used to explode for this guy. He is so much better in that ring than the WWE lets him show and he can connect with the fans. I remember he used to come out and 50,000 fans would stand-up and put their arms above their heads to 'lift the roof off'. I saw this recently and man was it a sight to see - I had forgotten how popular the man was, and how bad the WWE fucked him. And in keeping with the idea of getting rid of all the bullshit gimmicks, TAKE THAT FUCKEN DRESS OFF VITO. And they wonder why people don't watch.

WWE needs to give a lot more focus to Smackdown! This should be their absolute biggest show of the week - it is soon to be on the 4th biggest network in the United States. It will reach double the amount of people that ECW does and yet is rating lower than that show. The fact that ECW is crap (how did they fuck up ECW - it was in-fuck-up-able) is just further proof of the state of Smackdown! It can be fixed just re-launch it. They need to take everyone they have and go back to the drawing board with them. Get rid of all the crap (no talent big guys - they belong in 1985), get rid of all the stupid gimmicks, get rid of the in-ring restrictions and give the show some BALLS, Smackdown! lacks attitude.

jesus Attila calm down! Sure I agree with some of the things you've said but what have you got against the Undertaker.
What Smackdown needs is more popular superstars. Raw has the likes of HHH,HBK,Cena(maybe),Kane,Edge and Jeff Hardy.

Cracker5000 said:
jesus Attila calm down! Sure I agree with some of the things you've said but what have you got against the Undertaker.
What Smackdown needs is more popular superstars. Raw has the likes of HHH,HBK,Cena(maybe),Kane,Edge and Jeff Hardy.

LOL. Couldn't hold it in anymore. Shit is ridiculous. And Undertaker only appeals to kids in this era of wrestling. Its simple Smackdown is just toooo cartoonish. And sure RAW has all the names, but try and divide those names between the two brands and you have two shows with an average amount of star-power. The WWE need to make people want to tune into Smackdown! for a different reason. Sure move a couple of RAW guys over but you can't move too many. Cena and Orton (or any other main two) would be the maximum that RAW could afford to lose and retain its image as the 'maineventer' brand.

Of course the ideal thing to do would be to put an end to this roster split idea. Its bullshit anyway. At least that way WWE could have all their top guys on both shows and could use the excess talent to better the ranks of ECW. In case nobody realised the ECW roster is the weakest roster I think I have ever seen for a major promotion. Even the old ECW with its limited funds had a better and more complete roster.

And if Vince doesn't want them in ECW simply release them so that they can go to somewhere like TNA where guys like Noble, Kash, Kendrick, London, Psicosis, Super Crazy, Matt Hardy, hell, even guys like Booker will get the respect they deserve.

get rid of all the cruiserweights and michael cole(someone PLEASE snipe this fucker down), and bring in some raw wrestlers that either dont have a storyline or never did have a decent storyline(chris masters anyone?).......move the fucking show to wednesdays and leave the damn day out of the title.

thats what i would do..........the writers are fine, the wrestlers arent.

I agree that there should not be a split of the wrestling talent. It should be WWE not smackdown, Raw and ECW. Bring back stables.... the four horsemen... NWO... DX... Hell even the Nation of Domination. The Stables make for great entertainment (the're very funny) and can have very talented guys in them. Hardly any of the feuds these days are believable and even if they are who cares. The WWE needs to look at the late 90's to see what worked so well and try to get closer to the way it was... Maybe not exactly the same... but closer to it.

Is everyone blind?? As far as wrestling SD has the best- it has the most matches, the better wrestlers, etc. Raw and ECW barely have 4 matches every show. The only thing SD needs to improve on is storylines.

Flames Out
Dragon

Eternal Dragon said:
Is everyone blind?? As far as wrestling SD has the best- it has the most matches, the better wrestlers, etc. Raw and ECW barely have 4 matches every show. The only thing SD needs to improve on is storylines.

Flames Out
Dragon

i TOTALLY disagree 100%....lol. if that was the case, why is it considered to be the poor one out of raw and smackdown(ecw just started so it doesnt count)? why are they planning to move raw superstars to smackdown just to help the show? why are the raw ratings higher(once in a blue moon there's a really good football game and the smackdown ratings are higher....lol)?

Raw ratings are higher because more people want to see entertainment and segments (like they do on Raw) than actual wrestling, like there is on Smackdown. On SD, they'll always have at least one 3 or 4 star match- the same cannot be said for Raw. And what Raw stars have gone to SD???

Flames Out
Dragon

seeweed said:
why are the raw ratings higher?
because its live and everyone knows whats going to happen on smackdown.
everyone is out on a friday night.
raw HAS more entertainment and is "funnier"
they have a better KIDS fan base. (cena, DX)

I agree. I used to love Booker but this King Booker gimmick is really getting on my nerves. If I were at a Smackdown! show, I'd genuinely boo out of anger when he comes out because it's just sooo terrible. I love who her used to be and I believe that he chould carry a main event if he did return to his old gimmick.

What would help Smackdown! is trimming down their roster. There's a lot of crap on Smackdown! (just check out the tag teams and realize how most of them are terrible!!!)

Since ECW emerged - Smackdown! lost these prominent wrestlers: Johnny Nitro, Kurt Angle, JBL, and Randy Orton.

John Cena needs to go to Smackdown...he just needs to

WOW dude, may feelings exactly with a couple of additions and maybe some changes. I personally think that WWE should stop with this brand bullshit and combine back to one major show with everyone being able to be on both shows whenever. This would definately knock out seeing everyone on the same show over and over again. The Batista angle is still a potential work in progress but I think to improve him and maybe push him to the next level, turn his ass bad and have him feud with someone that get elevate his in ring ability, someone like the Undertaker. My thoughts are if they combine the shows back again, you'll see the re-birth of the Cruiserweight division, you'll see alot more competition between the wrestlers who want the US and IC titles and what the fuck to do with the WWE and World Title . I rememeber when Flair brought that title over from WCW, it was the most honored title in the world. How would you rank those, who's first? VITO take off the dress and grow some balls. Bring back the days of real managers and not these damn divas. What do they know, how to fight ina paddle on a poll match. HAHA what a joke. I think we all need a real shoker right know, bring back BROCK, like at a SummerSlam or Survivor Series, yeah that one, that's the one that someone always gets screwed. Whatever happened to personal storylines and not stories that only brew over a week . I mean like the old days when feuds brewed over 3 and 4 months. Now titles are decided in a #1 contender match. WHAT???? Someone needs to hit someone in the throat with a ring bell to get their attention to get a title shot. GIVE a true fan two weeks to write for these guys and I think ratings would go back up

See, everyone's talking about how the brands should be put back together- but I disagree. Having 2,3 brands makes it easier to show different talent and make more Pay Per Views- and thus more money!

Flames Out
Dragon

eternal_dragon, where did i mention that even one raw wrestler has gone to smackdown? and i would rather be entertained than being bored to fucking hell watching wrestlers that cant wrestle...lol.

seeweed said:
i TOTALLY disagree 100%....lol. if that was the case, why is it considered to be the poor one out of raw and smackdown(ecw just started so it doesnt count)? why are they planning to move raw superstars to smackdown just to help the show? why are the raw ratings higher(once in a blue moon there's a really good football game and the smackdown ratings are higher....lol)?

That's where you said Raw stars are going to SD to help the show- though I disagree and said that what wrestlers are going to SD???

SD has the better wrestlers, and I watch the WWE to watch wrestling. I'll watch a sitcom to be entertained.

Flames Out
Dragon

Simple for What i would do I would have cena transfer over an transfer over a couple other big stars Maybe send Triple H or Shawn Michaels Or even possibly send over Shelton Benjamin.I would have also started Hardy off back on smackdown it would have helped to have a returning 90's wrestler To help out smackdown.I would like atilla said an wipe the set colors campions[Face it Booker sucks] and Theme music.I would also have it go live an move it to a night such as sunday or wensday.

i said they are PLANNING to move some raw wrestlers to smackdown. and i respect your opinion....

E. Dragon, if you remeber correctly back in the day when there was no brand difference. The WWE had 4 major PPV that always rocked . The Rumble, Mania, Summer Slam, and Survivor Series. I personally watched all of them because of the feuds that they would brew up over time. With brand divisions they have to have a PPV every month and they really arent interesting. They're not making real money cause everybody doesnt want to waste their money watching a PPv where the wrestlers have only feud for 2 weeks creating no real storyline plus no interesting possible outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back