What Do You Think Of Randy Orton?

I think Orton is great in the ring and can work any persona he is given to an absolute T. He is talented in many aspects and is certainly one of the best in ring competitors that the WWE has to offer right now. He deserves to be one of the faces of the WWE.

With that being said, I'm totally against Orton having the WHC right now. Maybe in a few months he should take it for awhile again, but him having it now would just seem like WWE defaulting again.

I am to. He certainly doesn't need it to be over with the crowd. Bryan should win EC and go up against someone else who is just as up-and-coming.

Heel or face, Orton always gets a huge reaction from the crowd, as well as being a consistently solid in-ring performer, and for that he deserves to be in the top flight of WWE.

For me though, it's the slow walk, the droning voice, the passionless promos, the weak 'voices-in-the-head' gimmick and the bland music that stops him from being likeable, and it begs the question of how memorable will Randy Orton be in 10, 15, or 20 years time?

Randy Orton impressed me so much,his style,gimmick all is good on him,he's look a like sometimes to Taker cos he has no neccesary needs of fan for to make in ring,his RKO was better than DDP also.

Now this is my topic. Randy Orton has and always will be my favorite. A lot of people say he has bad mic skills. So? Who cares? Look at the year he had in 2011. He won the world title twice. Had an outstanding feud with Christian. He put over Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Wade Barrett. But he is a better heel. I think after Wrestlemania, it willbe time for a change in the viper.

IMO he is the complete package. Solid in the ring,half decent on the mic as it at least fits his gimmick,plays a mediocre face,a GREAT heel and is always an option for the main event picture.

Unfortunately nothing stops me from changeing the channel when Orton comes down the ramp as a face.

He has become very stale as a face.

Orton has a quality that is VERY rare these days,he CAN be a dominant HEEL. What I mean by this is he is VERY believable winning clean as a heel as oppose to cheating or takeing a quick way out of a match.
Unfortunatly this quality plays both ways and so as a face he almost always comes out on top which like this friday on smackdown and at the Royal Rumble has really burned alot of the awsome momentum Wade has built up over the last little while.

In conclusion the latter hurts the momentum of superstars he fueds with and also requires him to go against his natural heel persona and become stale at the same time.

Randy needs to be a HEEL.:banghead:

IMO he is the complete package. Solid in the ring,half decent on the mic as it at least fits his gimmick,plays a mediocre face,a GREAT heel and is always an option for the main event picture.

You describe Orton as the total package but then go on to describe someone who's plainly not the total package - "half decent on the mic," "mediocre face." You're not entirely uncomplimentary, no, though being half decent on the microphone and mediocre as a face does not a total package make. I'm not sure I'd describe Orton as the total package, and I'm of the opinion that he's a good face and as good on the microphone as one can expect. It's been said to the point that I want to jump into a coffin, get buried and then roll around like crazy, but not everyone can be a Randy Savage or a Mick Foley when it comes to promos. There's room for someone like Randy Orton; someone who doesn't stammer, doesn't stutter and has perfect diction; a serious man in a world of fart gags. I dig that.

Orton has a quality that is VERY rare these days,he CAN be a dominant HEEL. What I mean by this is he is VERY believable winning clean as a heel as oppose to cheating or takeing a quick way out of a match.

Is he though? I recall Orton being perfectly capable against, say, a Kofi Kingston or some other jobber to the stars, but being eaten alive by the bigger fish - John Cena, Triple H, Batista.

Unfortunatly this quality plays both ways and so as a face he almost always comes out on top which like this friday on smackdown and at the Royal Rumble has really burned alot of the awsome momentum Wade has built up over the last little while.

He lost clean to Mark Henry. In a world heavyweight title match. On pay-per-view. Twice. Would you expect any other top face - Cena, Punk, Triple H - to do that? I wouldn't, hence why I was pretty much awed by it when it happened. Orton winning his feuds with the likes of Christian or Barrett or Rhodes or heel Punk is par for the course, but these are men that would fade into irrelevance were it not for compelling, high profile feuds. Shit, these are men that have faded into irrelevance without compelling, high profile feuds. What the fuck was Wade Barrett doing before his feud with Orton - having Heath Slater fondle his balls every Friday night before being battle royal fodder? He has to take a "L" or two on his record to be pulled up from obscurity. Cry me a river.

He has a good pedigree with his dad, grandfather and uncle having been wrestlers. He has a solid physical repretoire. He cannot cut a promo to save his life. He has had a history of drug issues, anger issues, harrassment of women, etc. when an industry that is rife with these problems decides that YOUR behavior is beyond what even they can tolerate and send you off to get anger management then you know he has a problem.

Which is sad.

He has areas where he can improve. Mic skills, interviews, etc. He is a good and solid worker. Just a cr@ppy person.

Great look. Orton's got a great build, he's powerful and capable of pulling off a lot of moves due to his size and power. He's improved and managed to add something new in almost every match he has. Similar to every big name he has a build up to end his matches, but the variation of these moves helps keep him from coming predictable.

Great in ring. Orton has had some great matches with some unlikely people over the past few years. (Sorry Punk and Bryan Fans, but Orton delivers in ring better than either of those two) He's great at selling, he's great at telling a story, he's aggressive, and it shows in his matches.

His mic work isn't the best, but its far from the worst. His monotone voice and lack of emotion during his promos takes a lot away from what he's saying.

Orton has had some great feuds and been involved in some great story lines throughout his career. He's also signed to one of the longest WWE contracts in the company, so love him or hate him he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Orton works well as a heel, as a face, and in that middle grey area. Orton has been one of my favorite stars in the WWE since he debuted, and has managed to only get better over the years.

I don't think the comparison between how Cena and Orton are booked is accurate. They're not both over-the-top faces who are booked like superheroes; Orton actually shows more vulnerability, which a face should. Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes both looked better against Randy Orton because they actually accomplished something against him, made him look vulnerable for a period of time. Wade Barrett made Cena his pet, but on technicalities, which even a general manger can do and thus doesn't improve his appearance as a wrestler to the audience.

Stale, boring, repetitive, over-exposed, invincible - basically all the reasons people hate Cena. Not sure why Randy doesn't get near the hate that Cena receives. I'd actually rather watch Cena.

Randy is the (and to quote Bret Hart; who is arguably the best technician of all time) the new excellence of execution. I've been an rko fan since evolution and have watched him get just better and better in the ring. Sure he's not the best on the mic but not everyone could be a Ric Flair or Rock on the mic. But he has a finisher that could happen anywhere in the arena, a move set that is all his own(especially the back breaker), a look that makes you want to see him kick ass and most importantly he has paid his dues. Having a hardcore match with Mick Foley and letting him throw u into tacks is pretty much a right of passage. To conclude, Randy is easily on of the best of all time and should get more respect out of people for it.

He's a bitch. He's an outstanding wrestler and performer, mind you, but he's still as bitch. Killing Kofi's push because he didn't wanna/forgot to get kicked in the head? Complaining about "unrealistic looking RKO's" that Miz sells? Come on, I know the dude supposedly had anger problems, but that's no excuse. A bitch move is a bitch move, and there's no psychiatric exception for that.

He's quite generic. He's a musclebound dude who acts full of himself an is quite limited on the mic. There have been tons of dudes like him over the years. Luger, Bagwell, Orendorff etc....

Yeah, he might be a little better in the ring than the guys I just mentioned, but really, in 2011, what you do in the ring means a lot less in the grand scheme of things.

Now that he's considered one of the top 2 or 3 dudes in the company, the ratings and buyrates have tanked.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Orton is great. He is one of the best workers in wrestling. Very good at playing his character.

The way he put over Henry... he made Henry look dominant, he helped resurrect Wade Barrett's career. He also put over guys like Miz and Swagger. But yet people still bitch and complain.

I've got the flu and I've decided to indulge myself. While I sweat my bollocks off, cough my lungs out, and gradually lose muscle mass, I'm going to post a bit about Randy Orton. Then, depending on if it's refrozen or is still a stodgy mess, I'll have the last of the ice cream. Does ice cream refreeze? Must do. Must do.

Killing Kofi's push because he didn't wanna/forgot to get kicked in the head?

The spot (supposedly) was that Orton would go for the punt, Kofi would dodge, attempt Trouble In Paradise, Orton would dodge and hit an RKO to win the match. Kofi blew the spot completely by just standing up, instead of kneeling down to draw the punt, forcing Orton to just hit him with an RKO; ruining the entire finishing sequence. For a professional to seemingly forget the finish of a match is - I'll agree with Orton - stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'd have less sympathy with Orton if he didn't practice what he preaches, but he does. He has high standards, but he holds himself to the very same standards. Say what you will about Orton; he doesn't blow spots and he doesn't injure people. Well, except for himself, though that's because he's made of glass.

A bitch move is a bitch move, and there's no psychiatric exception for that.

I'd imagine there is. What was it Freud discussed? Dreams as wish-fulfilment, wanting to have sex with your mother, and bitch moves, wasn't it? Pretty sure that was his trinity.

Stale, boring, repetitive, over-exposed, invincible - basically all the reasons people hate Cena. Not sure why Randy doesn't get near the hate that Cena receives. I'd actually rather watch Cena.

Stale? Boring? Those are pretty subjective - can't really argue with those. Repetitive? No more so than any other WWE wrestler. Over-exposed? Hmm, maybe, he's bounced up and down the card quite happily for the last year or so. Invincible? Hardly. He's been booked strongly - i.e. like any babyface ever - but I can't remember the last time a top face put over a heel clean on consecutive pay-per-views.

Regarding Orton versus Cena, for my money, I'd rather watch Orton. I think the viewers at large feel rather differently, popular as Orton is. Cena's highs are astronomical, otherwise I find him awkwardly hovering somewhere around "watchable." Orton's been consistently on fire for the past year.

For someone (being me) who doesn't like too many WWE characters.. I really like the Viper Orton character. Randy has put on solid matches and seems to be always putting slight little tweaks or even new moves into his matches almost every ppv.

T eformulae is tried and true, how many strong silent type hero/anti-hero movies are out there that people go in droves to see at the movies? Even the Notebook every girl's favourite dream guy Ryan Gosling played the bad ass silent type in Drive just recently and audiences ate it up.

Orton is that cool, calculating, vicious, unforgiving, non-remorseful out for himself multi-time Champion, which will take the place of the Undertaker when the Deadman retires. It's as simple as that. He is being built up to be the unbeatable side attraction that fans will love as this deadly tweener, just like Taker.

Randy's in-ring gets better every year and he has perfected his Viper character very well. His RKOing all the jobbers a few weeks ago on his return to get Barrett and then his attack on Big Show at the end of SD! last week, shows he is a no-nonsense tweener who will stop at nothing to get a win.

He ahs a good act going and his mic skills, much like the Undertaker's really just take a back seat to his act right now.

The only suggestion I can give him.. is mate, lose the beard... if you can't grow one, don't bother.

Orton is the biggest draw in the WWE right now (in terms of full time talent). He is the best home grown WWE talent since The Rock. By the time his career is over he will likely have more world title reigns than anyone else in WWE history. People hate Orton because of the backstage problems they have read about online. As someone said before no one makes it to the top in pro wrestling saying please and thank you. See HBK, Hogan, Lesnar, Batista, Nash, HHH all as prime examples. Back to Orton though, when it comes down to all around talent, Orton has to be at the top of the list in the company. He knows it, the fans know it, and the other superstars know it too. When Orton delivered the hanging DDT to Big Show they cut to Bryan with the biggest shit eating grin on his face. Speaking off that hanging DDT, Big Show doesn't take that bump for prolly anyway one else on the roster and a great sell job by Show. Then to top it all off, the finish gets a bit botched, crowd turns, but Show and Orton do a great job of improvising, Orton hits RKO and gets maybe the second biggest pop of the night behind HBK.

I think Randy is pound for pound the best well rounded superstar on the roster. Hes over, his character is still relevant, he has a great moveset (for the type of wrestler he is. I'm so sick and tired of hearing people bash a wrestler because he isnt doing flips or kicks all the damn time). Hes always had my attention and I think hes better off now than hes been in a while. Some people just hate on him because they saw a guy become successful without the help of their precious little indy scene, wrestle WWE style instead of a watered down indy style, and remain at the top of his game with little distraction.

Yeah H33lTurn hit it on the head. The internet smarks hate Orton because from the time the guy was 16 years old he has been pegged to be a WWE star. People act like because guys like Punk and Bryan cut there teeth in the Indies trying to make a name for themselves. Orton never had to do that because of his name and the fact that he actually looks like what the WWE wants to see in its superstars.

Simply put Orton is one of the best guys in the WWE, after all he is a top guy and a phenomenal asset for WWE.

Now I could care less what he does backstage (most of the time) so I will just judge him in his "kafaybe" form. I will admit I didn't always like Orton and even now from time to time I really don't find him tantalizing or even interesting but there is no doubt that he has helped lead WWE since 2007. His in ring skills are superb regardless of the lack of variety in most of his matches he manages to tell a great story in the ring a majority of the time he is in it.

For a character that restricts his mic work so much it surprises me that he is able to get the crowd to show a ton of energy and captivation whilst he simple walks rather emotionless. That's the sign of a good superstar, it doesn't take a lot for a him to engross a crowd in his character. Maybe it's just a factor that we don't see but this guy has been something special during his main event run in the past couple of years. Again his mic skills are limited but that hasn't changed the reaction that he gets from the fans week in and week out in the least bit. He makes money for the company and he gets me to spend money on WWE occasionally, enough evidence?

I like Orton as a superstar, though I have little knowledge of him as a human being but for the time being every time I see on my screen I know we are at least going to see some effort.

I thought his botched RKO on Big Show last night was hilarious.

I think he is a good talent but I preferred his Legend Killer/Rated RKO gimmick. The Viper was cool at first but got boring to me about 2 years ago.

He has a good in-ring work ethic. However it's hard to keep the title on someone who is so injury prone.

I thought his botched RKO on Big Show last night was hilarious.

I think he is a good talent but I preferred his Legend Killer/Rated RKO gimmick. The Viper was cool at first but got boring to me about 2 years ago.

Am I the only one who realise (and I may be wrong) that it's Big Show who botched and not Orton? It was evident when the second time Big Show pushed Orton in the rope like he was supposed to the first time and then they did the counter finisher and RKO properly.

Again I may be wrong but that's how I see it.

To me Orton is fine but like most wrestler when they go to Smackdown they cease to exist, and Orton just hasn't been in a good feud with focus for a while.

Am I the only one who realise (and I may be wrong) that it's Big Show who botched and not Orton? It was evident when the second time Big Show pushed Orton in the rope like he was supposed to the first time and then they did the counter finisher and RKO properly.

Again I may be wrong but that's how I see it.

To me Orton is fine but like most wrestler when they go to Smackdown they cease to exist, and Orton just hasn't been in a good feud with focus for a while.

Oops, I didn't mean to make it sounds like I was blaming one or the other. I mean the botch in general. It was funny how the Big Show effortlessly fell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back