What do you think of Kane?

I've never been a devote follower of Kane. He has impressed me at times, not impressed me at times, been totally off my radar. For a big man he is one of the best in-ring workers there has ever been. He is pretty agile for a man of his size, it is said that at one point in the WWE, Kane was the strongest person they had. Compare him now to him when he debuted under the red and black mask, his muscle definition has decreased but he is still a big dude. His ability to go to the top is admirable and he possess one of the best flying clotheslines the business has ever seen. Hes been dominant, hes been used as an enhancement talent of sort to a younger breed, but overall Kane has been a massive asset to the WWE is probably worthy of a Hall of Fame place someday.

That is all based off what I see of him on television though, in-terms of Kane the guy, as in Glenn Jacobs. Nothing but mad respect for him. He is a mainstay, even at the worst of times when WWE were giving him nothing to do or silly angles, hes stuck with them and has had his fair share of surprises. Nobody realistically saw him capturing the Money in the Bank briefcase two years ago, it was totally out of the blue, him picking up the World Heavyweight Championship was a reward I'd assume for his years of service and he did a good job of holding it. So props to him.

Kane is a man who should be respected for his contribution to the WWE. Hes been a mainstay of the upper midcard region and you never see a report he's unhappy with a decision. Hes gone through the horrible roles as Dr. Issac Yankem and "Diesel", only to come out being a former WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, one of the most recognizable figures in the business and one of the best monster heels we'll ever see. For a guy who didn't speak a word for the first two years of his career, he is now one of the best promo guys the business has. And the best thing is, he has no plans to retire.

In an interview with Jacobs, conducted in 2010, he added that he has no plans to retire soon. "I'm still having fun," Glenn said. "I'm really at the height of my career, and I don't have any plans of packing it in, at least not in the near future."

I've never been a devote follower of Kane. He has impressed me at times, not impressed me at times, been totally off my radar. For a big man he is one of the best in-ring workers there has ever been. He is pretty agile for a man of his size, it is said that at one point in the WWE, Kane was the strongest person they had. Compare him now to him when he debuted under the red and black mask, his muscle definition has decreased but he is still a big dude. His ability to go to the top is admirable and he possess one of the best flying clotheslines the business has ever seen. Hes been dominant, hes been used as an enhancement talent of sort to a younger breed, but overall Kane has been a massive asset to the WWE is probably worthy of a Hall of Fame place someday.

That is all based off what I see of him on television though, in-terms of Kane the guy, as in Glenn Jacobs. Nothing but mad respect for him. He is a mainstay, even at the worst of times when WWE were giving him nothing to do or silly angles, hes stuck with them and has had his fair share of surprises. Nobody realistically saw him capturing the Money in the Bank briefcase two years ago, it was totally out of the blue, him picking up the World Heavyweight Championship was a reward I'd assume for his years of service and he did a good job of holding it. So props to him.

Kane is a man who should be respected for his contribution to the WWE. Hes been a mainstay of the upper midcard region and you never see a report he's unhappy with a decision. Hes gone through the horrible roles as Dr. Issac Yankem and "Diesel", only to come out being a former WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, one of the most recognizable figures in the business and one of the best monster heels we'll ever see. For a guy who didn't speak a word for the first two years of his career, he is now one of the best promo guys the business has. And the best thing is, he has no plans to retire.

I totally respect Kane, his in ring work is totally Awesome. He is 323 Pounds and can fly from the tope rope, he is badass. I am also pleased that he doesn't have plans to retire. Why would he when he has just remasked and he has full fresh feuds ahead of him.

Kane has always been one of my fav's. he is 6, almost 7 feet tall, 300 + lb's and still manages to put on great matches for a man of his size. He can cut a great promo and can back it up in the ring. He has always taken pretty good care of himself (or else he wouldn't be jumping off the top rope every match at the age of 44), and has always been a safe worker, sure he has never been the huge main event, but he definitely is always a reliable guy to help add on to any live show/PPV that he is in. Definitely one of the more underutilized guys as far as world titles go, I mean he only has 3 world title reigns under his belt. Lot's of tag team reigns and shit though. Great feud with cena and with orton this past year. Definitely one of the wwe's biggest assets.

I always liked Kane, and was happy when they brought the mask back. It didn't seem to do much for him, but it was still cool to see him in it again. He is very valuable in that he is a very well established star who can help put new stars over. He would also be a credible champion if the situation called for it. He doesn't have the most exciting style, but I always very much enjoy his matches. Something I mentioned in another thread to is he is very good on the mic.

I always liked Kane, and was happy when they brought the mask back. It didn't seem to do much for him, but it was still cool to see him in it again. He is very valuable in that he is a very well established star who can help put new stars over. He would also be a credible champion if the situation called for it. He doesn't have the most exciting style, but I always very much enjoy his matches. Something I mentioned in another thread to is he is very good on the mic.

Yeah It was the best thing WWE did was bring back the mask, but I just wish WWE would make Kane win a feud. Since his Resurrection he lost the feud to Cena now to Randy Orton, WWE writers need to up there game as they have built up Kane's momentum to the true monster again so they need to use it wisely instead of him losing to top pathetic stars like Orton and Cena.

Kane has been terrible ever since he got the mask back. Unmasked Kane was the best work of his career both in-ring and on the microphone, getting the mask back ruined him.

Bah.

I think it speaks volumes that he was brought in to exclusively be a character associated to The Undertaker and he's managed to take that with his ability and outlast about 95% of the roster with a career spanning all the way back to 97 as Kane, and a couple of years earlier. That probably makes him the longest standing WWE wrestler aside from Undertaker and possibly HHH.

He has managed to take his character and use it in non-Undertaker feuds and be successful with it. Considering all he was supposed to be was a short lived thing, nothing special, he's done remarkably well.

How he's done it is by being an intelligent performer, one who knows how to engineer exciting bumps and matches but without putting himself in ridiculous amounts of danger in the process. He's also one of the best big guys in the history of the company, if not the business, and has produced good and sometimes great matches with a spread of people through the years. He's also done it by being a good speaker, better than the man he was brought in for and really fitting into his character.

Make no mistakes, like Taker, it was a great universal gimmick which has really helped him along, but you're dreaming if you think just anybody could have done it. Good at worst and enthralling on occasions, chronically overrated for his tenure but he has made an indelible mark on the base of the WWE's foundations with certainty.

My one issue is, this business with the mask. I, as many did, always thought or hoped at least that it would one day make a return, as there was no good reason it shouldn't, and the worst it would do is to stir up a bit of interest. But I have been a little disappointed. I think I've got my finger on why though. It wasn't just the mask that Kane separated from. Kane in 2002 with the mask was massively different from 1998 times.

[YOUTUBE]5_cWNurIUKs[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]EWj_1tYI2Ug[/YOUTUBE]

What he lost was his totally uncaring emotionless machine-like gait. He walked like a monster, he behaved like a monster, he didn't loathe or toil over his targets, he simply stared a hole right through their head before bouncing said head off the matt in a brutal fashion. It was his terminator-esque behavior that he lost and has still yet to be reunited with.

I think kane is the epitome of "professional" shows up everyday, will put guys over without complaining. He was amazing back in his prime but he hasn't been booked well since his return.

the whole embrace the hate thing ended up being nothing.......

Would love to see Kane come out over the next few weeks and just destroy without explanation, have Kane's instead of a night of destruction stretch it for a couple of weeks. He should lay waste to everybody in the ring, back stage more then one person a night.
Just for the sake of Kane being Kane, you listen to the crowd in the night of destruction video and they are going nuts everytime the lights go out.
Nothing better then seeing halfway through a match the stage explodes, the lights go out and Kanes music hits.

He's an absolute cornerstone of the company. He must be a promoter's dream. He always attracts interest from the fans even when just wrestling without being involved in any story line, can play the face or heel character well and appears to be reliable in terms of out of the ring behaviour.

Whilst he has attracted a lot of criticism recently, I honestly think you will struggle to find many big men who are as decent as he is. He's fairly quick, agile, can sell and strike. He''s obviously not straight out of the coaching manual, but what big man is?

More than that though, to me, he comes across as a total prop and I respect him for having the staying power to stay with one company for 15 years through highs and lows and keep doing his job with little complaint. In an industry full of big ego's, that is something to be admired.

He should of stayed away , he come back and imo lost any of his characters respect as he hasnt delievered anything of kanes standard in term of dominance or destruction.

I think if he was the devils favourite demon at one point....the devil cast him aside long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back