What do you think of Kane?

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think he's a great man. He's one of the few genuinely intelligent men in the WWE as well a dedicated, selfless worker. I don't think he's a poor worker either, he's very solid for a big man and has had some great matches. The premise to his feud with Randy Orton, that No DQ match on SmackDown a summer ago, was fucking good. So was their WrestleMania rematch on SmackDown a few weeks ago. It just takes the right opponent to fully utilize his skills. Also I sometimes think he suffers from an outdated move-set. I used to mark a bit for sidewalk slams, but it just feels unaffectionately retro to me now. Other old moves have held up better. Even though it hasn't been innovative for two decades at least, I always pop a bit when Christian hits a reverse DDT. I think part of that is how cleverly it can be set up. Sidewalk slams are always obnoxiously obvious. So yeah, I think I might like Kane's offense less just because it feels outdated. That's just to summarize my rambling.

Kane has been terrible ever since he got the mask back. Unmasked Kane was the best work of his career both in-ring and on the microphone, getting the mask back ruined him.

Kane is one of the WWE's most valuable assets that much for certain & whilst you'll never bank on him putting on matches to steal the show with he's dependable and can pull off some very solid matches with the right opponent. Basically Kane and his effectiveness is almost totally reliant on the feud he's in, if he's in a bad feud then no one cares about him but the moment he's in a good feud then he's at times one of the most over faces/heels in the company. For his age and his size he's impressive, I'm still shocked that you see Kane leap off the top rope every match at the age of 44.

As it is, people don't really care about him, but unlike other guys in the roster that no one cares about it could all change at the drop of a hat as he has shown many times before.

I for one have always liked Kane. Wow i had no idea he was 44 amazing shape he is in for his age and especially how big he is. Kane is a damn good worker moves well for his size and is a terrific asset to the company. I think Kane really has been under utilized for the majority of his career.

Since 97 i believe when he debuted he has only had two title reigns. That to me is a joke he should have at least four to five with the name the big red monster. Kane is very well educated and intelligent. He definitely is a company man and my hats off to him. His latest feud with Orton has been nothing short of Fucking Awesome!! Good job Kane

I for one have always liked Kane. Wow i had no idea he was 44 amazing shape he is in for his age

Yeah, hes 45 next week!

Also remember he's been in the WWF and or the developmental scene since the early 90s! So he's been active for over 20 years, it's kind of mental really!

I personally have always liked Kane. I agree that when he didn't have the mask his work was amazing in and out the ring, but since he's had the mask back on it seems to have been a revelation for him! It's like he's on a whole other level than we've ever seen from him before.

I also agree with the point about the World Title Reigns point! I mean: 1 WWF Title, 1 ECW Title & 1 World Title? Come on man! He deserves 1 more run in my opinion just because of what he has done for the company IMO. Great work Kane!

I also hear they love him out back because he's great at putting the youngsters/inexperienced wrestlers over, and is as safe as they come in the ring. I think thats the reason Kane is lacking in World Titles, he's selfless and is quite happy showing new guys the ropes.
Great character, much better re-masked, intelligent, over with most of us fans, sure fire Hall Of Famer!

As you can tell by my avatar, I am a proud Kane-a-nite.

When I first got into wrestling, he stood out the most to me due to his intimidating presence and great back-story with Undertaker, with the Biblical undertones also being quite ingenious. Jim Ross' commentary was also a massive factor in my warming to Kane. The emotion that JR put into his commentating is one of the reasons why he's regarded as one of if not the best in the history of the business; if Kane was a heel, JR would put over how evil he was, if Kane was a face, JR would remind us that there is some humanity in the monster.

Around 02-03 he was by far my favourite guy as he returned to halt the Unamericans burning the flag and got an amazing reception. I was hoping that during his hot streak he would recapture the big prize, but we all know what happened there. (Thanks a lot Katie Vick, you slag!)

In the last couple of years, he's been rejuvenated and his promos throughout his series with Undertaker were the best he's ever done and proved that when given the chance he could perform well on the stick. The post-production tricks that were incorporated for those promos were also a great touch.

Going back to the mask has created some divided opinions but I don't really mind it personally, as I don't think it harms his character all that much. The new outfit is a bit pants though, but bah gawd, it's Kane!

I think his attire when he first returned at the Slammy's was so lame, it's improved quite a lot since then (subtle changes to trunks and mask) and it's probably one of his best attires now. At least it's no where near as bad that truly awful all red attire back in 2003 (I think 03 or 02) or it may have been 2001, it was his 2nd tank top attire.

Kane has been terrible ever since he got the mask back. Unmasked Kane was the best work of his career both in-ring and on the microphone, getting the mask back ruined him.

I was about to go on a rant, and then it caught my eye, "Aquaman", and I think that explains enough about this person's, um, questionable views of what is a good character.

However, bringing the mask back was the payoff for Kane being loyal and a solid worker, it is what the "fans" had been "wanting" for the past 4 years or so (hence why in every WWE game there has been a masked variation). I'd like to see Kane get one more solid run at one of the main belts, maybe even have him take it off of Barrett or Rhodes later this year.

Kane is in my opinion one of the most underrated wrestlers in the wwe. From anything i've read he seems to be a genuinely unassuming guy and is very easy to get on with.

As for people who say that his ring work is shoddy and that he cant talk, they realy bug me and they ARE out there. I think kane is one of the most solid dependable workers in the WWE, he is well established and he is capable of changing things up when required. He's been the uppercard jobber for years and dmaned if he doesn't fit the bill perfectly.

Just look at his last 2 feuds against Cena and Orton. Cena lastyear was a particularly interesting feud as it kept cena warm for the rock and allowed him to notch up a good win against kane in that ambulance match. While it seemed orton had been forgotten about along came kane with his psychotic revenge plan and hey presto, we're now in the 2nd ppv match of the feud.

Kane can carry a spur of the moment feud and i think getting the mask and the "maddness" back only helps this. So cheers for reading guys :)

Kane has been part of some terrible television for me for years and years on end. The only match of his I ever liked was against Benoit in 2004 and I honestly can't name three Kane moments that have ever impressed me.

That being said, he has been one of the most valuable assets the WWE has had. He can work in the tag team, midcard, and main event division and make it believable. He's a reliable guy to always put wrestlers over and he can lose 100 matches in a row and he wouldn't be affected because he can dominate just as quickly. Most people in Kane's position would probably gripe and complain but he doesn't which is one thing I've admired about him.

Many don't think of Kane in the Attitude Era, but he had a big part of the Austin/Undertaker storyline. He seems to come off well in any feud he is put into. His mic work hasn't been the greatest recently, but I think that's more because of the writers and not himself.

The Cena feud was strong and the Orton angle has been exceptional. I watched the rematch between Orton and Kane on Smackdown and it was one of the better matches I have seen in awhile. Like Undertaker, Kane moves fluidly despite his size. And is still an excellent storyteller.

Kane started in 1997, but Glenn Jacobs has wrestled since 1992. That's a long time. I think he has, maybe, 2 more years left in him. I'd like him to do a program with UT again if it ends up NOT being UT's last match, but I think the guy deserves one more big run like they gave Henry.

I dunno, but was anyone else killed by that crappy "I'm a sucker for family reunion" line he dropped on the Old School Smackdown a few weeks back? The angle was going so well and then... crap. Kane's good for a big man, but that line just kinda... deflated him a bit to me.

Kanes been boring for 10 years, I'm not quite sure I understand what is the point of him being around anymore. I don't find him entertaining I know he has some fans, just not sure why, I just don't see anything that draws me in to being a fan of his.

Wth are you smoking? Kane's best work was before he lost the mask in the first place. Currently whether he has the mask or not he's nothing but a jobber sadly!

1. He seems like a genuine nice guy.
2. Should of had atleast 6-7 title reigns...not 2, and 1 of them reigns lasted a day.
3. IMO the second best big man of all time behind taker the way he leaps off the top rope even at his age and i remember for a guy nearly 7feet tall used to do things like dropkicks and leap over the top rope in the attitude era.
4. Should have his last match against taker at wm30 and that should be taker's last match aswell-it would be unforgettable.

Kane is probably my favourite wrestler of all time, i dunno if its because he is the big red machine, if its because he delivers a chokeslam better than anyone else around, or just because of his flying clothesline off the top (which has always amazed me), but yeah he is my favourite ever.

Okay so he hasnt had many title reigns, but usually because he was too busy destroying people for the fun of it, but he has always been in the title picture one way or the other, also, the fact he held the tag titles 10 times in the WWE, most of which during the era when the tag team division actually mattered, so he has always been in high regard.

As for his move set, i dont see how it his outdated in the slightest, a sidewalk slam is a sidewalk slam, its always been that way, its still a classic and kane hits it better than most and makes it look effective, the flying clothesline from the top rope is immense, from a man his size to fly and roll through perfectly every time is a feat in itself. Okay so his tombstone has always been a bit off, but i think thats because we are used to seeing Taker hit it so sweetly that it can never be replicated. And finally there is the chokeslam, damn he makes that thing look real, the way he makes it look like he is doing all the work, lifting them up and slamming them down, its just incredible.

AS you can see, i am a bit of a kane-anite but that doesnt matter as people all over appreciate kane, he is willing to have a lack of titles when it is all said and done, as he is a hard working guy who helps out the younger talent get over and was willing to make the tag team division something that was a force to be reckoned with in WWE.

The only problem i have at the moment is that WWE dont seem to know what to do with him without a real babyface who he can help. The whole cena angle before No way out was a bit of a filler because the rock wasnt around, whereas they could have brought Lord Tensai in to do this job as Cena would maybe help him get over to the younger fans as a real monster heel, whereas Kane has always been that, hell i went to a signing of kane's in sheffield recently and kids were crying at the sight of him so he doesnt need much help. As for randy orton, yes the whole feud has been entertaining and has had some good matches, hell i really didnt expect kane to win at mania, i dont think anyone really did, and it was nice to see him win there...

but i feel that WWE missed a step in not putting kane in the rumble, it would be nice to see him win it, hell he had been in the previous 15 rumbles consecutively and is second in all time eliminations, and it would have been cool for him to win it, and if not that at least eliminated a bunch of guys and take the record, he deserves that at least.

As for which kane i like the most, i really dont know, i liked them all, but i guess to pick one, would be from just before his unmasking to round about Wrestlemania XX. The Hurri-Kane tag team was immense as Kane was face but still destroying everyone in sight, this was apparent when he defended the titles on his own in an 8 man TLC match, which was cut to 7 after hurricane got injured by evolution. Then he went on to battle with HHH for the WHC and was forced to unmask, then he became a deranged being who didnt care what he did, from tombstoning linda mcmahon to setting good ole' JR on fire. Ohh and helping Vince Mcmahon Bury Taker alive before it culminated in an epic match between the brothers of destruction at mania.

Man, Kane is awesome. Just plain reeking of awesomeness! (pun intended to Edge). I just watched a shoot interview he did on youtube the other day,(it was like 30 minutes long) and he is very intelligent indeed! He know's what to do, when to do it, how to do it, when he's needed, etc. He seems like a very humble human being off the set, but he does a hell of a job playing The Big Red Monster on television. Kane is. . . he's very valuable to WWE, and is a fantastic athlete for a guy his size. I can't wait until May! WWE's coming here to Florence for a supershow, and Kane's going to be there. Surprisingly enough, it's on MAY 19! I have seats right next to the stage. When he walks by, I'm going to mark the f*** out!

Nothing but respect for Kane. He has been with WWE for a long time and you never hear about any heat he's under from any of the other talent. Outside the ring, he's a very impressive speaker and it's awesome that he has kept the character and the real Mr. Jacobs apart. I have always wanted him to have a lenghty mainstream title run, other than ecw or the tag belts. He deserves it but from what I can see, he is very unselfish and does what's "best" for business.

Nothing but respect for Kane. He has been with WWE for a long time and you never hear about any heat he's under from any of the other talent. Outside the ring, he's a very impressive speaker and it's awesome that he has kept the character and the real Mr. Jacobs apart. I have always wanted him to have a lenghty mainstream title run, other than ecw or the tag belts. He deserves it but from what I can see, he is very unselfish and does what's "best" for business.

He had a lengthy World Title run in 2010, he beat the Undertaker 3 PPV's on the bounce after winning it. He was World champion from July - December

I've always been impressed by Kane's longevity, not to mention his agility for a big man. He's been wrestling almost as long as the Undertaker, both are roughly the same age and he's still going. Taker on the other hand can only handle one match a year. Going back to what I first said, it goes to show you his longevity which is IMO often overlooked.

Kane is a legend. No doubt. Aside from his earlier stuff I absolutely loved when he was with Lita. I'm sad that he doesn't have more titles under his belt(derp). They have used him poorly on occasion, mainly when the undistputed title was split and HHH was handed the World Heavyweight Championship. Would have been better if they gave it to Kane or RVD, or hell even Booker T. Anyone besides HHH.

Kanes been boring for 10 years, I'm not quite sure I understand what is the point of him being around anymore. I don't find him entertaining I know he has some fans, just not sure why, I just don't see anything that draws me in to being a fan of his.

I know he has some fans, you serious? he has an army of fans, what makes him entertaining 3 things

1 when he is masked, look at him, he screams badass. A combination of predator, Michael Myers, and maybe a touch of jason voorhees. Once he puts that mask on with the hair, he is one of the most badass unique characters in the business

2 the only gimmick that can pull off a predator look, and some how live up to his brothers tag has a haunting experience for allot of the wrestlers. Since his brother works once a year, he is the most terrifying gimmick in the WWE, for kayfabe reasons

3 he is one of the quickest bigmen in the WWE, in his first masked run, he could move at such accelerating speed. In 1999 he was doing rey mysterio shit.

And why am I a fan of kane? he taps into the horror genre, as a fanboy of friday the 13th, halloween original and remake, along with sci fi horror like predator, he already screams to the fanbase I am a fan of. Yes his matches will never be great, but lets look at kane in 97/98, to 2011/12, and compare him to myers predator, and maybe jason

Kane 97/98

images.jpg

KaneDW1.jpg

kane 2011/12
20111212_raw_kane5_c1.jpg

RAW_986_Photo_0511.jpg

now lets compare him with myers predator and jason
Michael Myers remake
Asylum_close11.gif

Halloween_2007_Myers_in_shackles1.jpg

michael_myers.jpg

predator
1987_predator_008.jpg

CityHunter.jpg

jason
Fridaythe13th_02.jpg

So that is why kane has such a fanbase, the way the character is merged with the 3 iconic horror and sci fi characters, he taps into the horror fanbase. The fearsome presence of the remake Michael Myers, where once he was just like the original Michael Myers, never talked, was cold and soulless under the mask. He has the look and the physique of predator, where he has the mask, the long hair and he towers over nearly every wrestler going. And certain traits of jason voorhees, with the one eye, and again a creepy looking mask that gets under the skin of his foes.

Now there is your reasons why loads love this character, when he is masked he is one of the best monster gimmicks of all time. When I am entertained by kane, I do not look for great matches, but I get entertained by just how he can scare the shit out of the lockerroom, and go on a destructive rampage. Does jason myers and predator get nominated for best Oscar? hell no, they are there to bring great entertainment to the fans. And that is what kane is there for, he is basically a horror icon in the WWE. Do not forget a poster in 98 in the crowd, kane could sink the titanic. That is much of a beast kane is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back