• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Do You Think Is The State of the WWE?

What is The State Of WWE????

• Good

• Promising

• Bad

• Getting Worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Sry If this has already been done.

But I was wondering your thougts on the state of wwe is it promising? Good? Bad? or Getting Worse?

right Now I Think It s doing Pretty good. Its doing about as good as it can with booker t out, undertaker out, kennedy looking iunjured, and hhh injured.

I mean it can definatly be better such as cena not being champ but this is not a cena rant thread.

Like i said i was just wondering.

Your Thoughts???

The main event is getting worse and injuries to top guys are killing this sliding company. If I was McMahon, I would be in a state of worry right now for sure, because the talent is getting sparce and programming seems to be growing very unpopular right now, particularly with SD and ECW, who are really struggling right now to get a reaction with what they put on. The WWE can't help with injuries occuring, but a focus they should have is getting new talent ready to fill that void that losing top guys will cause, and since they don't have that readyness right now, I think they are going on a rapid downward spiral, that is sending the credibility of companies like ROH and TNA sky high. The WWE will fight through the tough times, but whether they actually come out of it still credible is another thing. They've dug themselves in so many holes over the years with their wrestlers and company directions they have gone on that it is not surprising that we see the WWE sliding today. It doesn't look like getting better and until they start making the right decisions, I won't consider the state of them anywhere other than dire.

^^^^
What he said, I think WWE should try watching tapes of the Attitude era and see how they got it right back then.
It upsets me that theres nothing about WWE that makes me want to watch it anymore.
Despite TNA being only an hour long I find it more satisfiying then 2 hours of the same drivel that is WWE/'ECW' *s*******.
If vince doesn't change things quickly then TNA will come out on top and that would be a shame as theres a little part in me (and all of us I think) that loves WWE and wants it to get better.
Me thinks that steph should have been shown the door a long time before Heyman was.
I also think resting the whole company on HHH's shoulders is not the best idea in the world.
I seriously think that the WWE is missing the Attitude era favourites such as the Rock and Austin and Jericho (man I miss him!).
Good story lines would be good too. Wasn't it great when shows ended with JR saying stuff such as 'Oh my god Austin just got ran over'.

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better though (and until Steph gets fired!)

Right now it is in bad shape, It can get worse but not as bad as it could be, you still have two of the top heels still working and If suspicions are correct than Edge will be the WHC after Smackdown this week. What the reports have been saying is somewhat in a right direction. But it sounds like they are trying to do something that can't bring it to the masses just right they do need a name to focus it around but, he is out injured for 5-7 months.

As for darkpenguin the Attitude Era was a result of a combination of things, the first being the Monday night Wars, competition provides some impetus for improving. The second reason that the Attitude era worked is because of Generation-X, they felt the need to rebel, this was played out on tv every week with the WWF. The third is the influence ECW had on the entire Wrestling Industry in bringing worked shoot promos up to being the way of delivering promos, as well as a number of other things. Steph is also not going to be fired because she is a McMahon and it is going to be that unlikely that she will be fired, she may step down if she feels that she wants to spend more ime with Her and Triple H's daughter.

There will be a rise in the WWE product as a whole bu it is a few long months away before it starts to get better, but this may be the lowest point in WWE in a very long time.

Relax, it's not as bad as you all make it out to be. Maybe i'm just saying this because i am a huge Cena fan and i like the way things are going right now, but with Edge headed to Smackdown! to win the WHC that will give Smackdown! a boost, ECW is just lost, need to bring it back to the way it once was or just squash it completly.

Give it time, everything has it's ups and downs. I don't think it will ever be quite as good as it was during the attitude era again but Jericho is rumored to come back this year, and just think if The Rock came back everything would be saved, unlikely but it could happen, keep the faith come on i'm a Red Sox fan we went 86 years before we won the world series, just gotta believe things will get better

Personally I think it's getting better. Vince McMahon as ECW Champ is the best thing to happen in ages. In fact Vince has been WWE's MVP so far this year i.m.o. The Cena main events are stale. But at least he has quality match's with the right opponent. And plenty of new stars are starting to get over.

Dont get me wrong WWE is still pretty crap. But It's nowhere near as predictable as it has been for the past 3 years.

I think its bleak, but better than everyone seems to think. It does need to shake things up for things to start to get better, like get the belt of cena, DON'T give it to Khali let Edge get the WHC, which is a shame of the way it came about but he will do it alot better than batista.

With ECW get a midcard title in, don't do a tag division cos look at the tags on raw/sd, there garbage, and a midcard title would help DEVLOPE talent instead of just letting them waist away

Uh, the main event on Raw is garbage. Cena's matches are boring and very predictable. I gave up on Raw a year ago, so that tells ya how I feel.

I think the Kennedy injury is definetly a blessing in disguise. You know that Kennedy was getting that belt this week, and by him getting injured, it pushes it back and makes us anticipate more for it.

Edge is finally going to get his long title reign, and it fits perfectly for him. With guys returning from injury, it is conceivable that Edge will have a near year long title reign with tons of good competitors. You have King Booker coming back, then he could do a program with a returning Misterio, Edge v. Rey would be insane. Then survivor series teh Deadman should be back, and the long awaited Edge Taker feud can finally happen, then you would have Kennedy coming back, calling the shot now, He wins the Rumble, and you have Edge/Kennedy at WM 24 for the WHC. Smackdown is safe for the next year, IF, they do the right thing and have Edge win the WHC immediatly, if not, abandon ship.

Raw: Ugh, how the mighty have fallen. The Attitude Era has turned into one big Comic Book filled ass clown expose. The main event picture is just Awful. So you have Umaga, that sux, Orton, who is a cry baby and will never amount to anything, you have Khali, who is so damn awful its fun to watch. HBK is breaking down slowly but surely. And then you have the Cream of the Crap, John Cena. If you take a look at Smackdown vs. Raw on paper, Smackdown is ten times the show Raw is, and if you watch the matches, it is reflected perfectly. Raw's ship has sailed, and it'll be years before that gets righted. Once Edge leaves, there is no reason to watch Raw.

ECW: I'm in agreement with Jake, Vince McMahon is the MVP thus far of 2007. This puts much needed heat on the brand. It has the original fans pissed beyond hell, but someone is going over big when they take that belt off of him. Elijah Burke is an amazing talent, I'm sold on him. Marcus Cor Von is amazing as well. The originals are gone after this summer, and it saddens me, but all good things must come to an end. Bobby Lashley needs to move to Raw. CM Punk, my god the sky is the limit with this guy, He is the Face of this ECW. You move ECW to two hours and give it proper story telling, ECW will out do RAW, especially with Dusty Rhodes at the helm, who was responsible for the last time I was truly shocked as a fan (NYR 06 with Edge).

So overall, I'm happy with the company if Batista does not win the WHC and keeps it throughout the summer. Smackdown is by far the best brand out there. ECW is young, but I give it the benefit of the doubt. And Raw is just a lost cause. There hasn't been anything worthy of watching on that show since Angle and Jericho left. All of this will be ruined with Triple H coming back, doing his usual powerplay, and putting himself in the main event at WM against Cena.

Shockmaster that is a great idea for Mr. Kennedy vs Edge at WM24 it would be great for it to go down that way keeping that in mind I would like to see this happen to save the WWE Like Shockmaster said give Edge a BIG push at Judgement Day he should cash in the shot either to make it a triple threat or like he did before with Cena winnning the match but being beat down and Edge come in.....spear..123...Champ......give a super ConChairTow to big dumb Khali and walk out the Champ! The feuds you mentioned would kick ass and build till Wresltemania 24 for my personal favorite and the guy that I think can save the WWE Mr. Kennedy to get revenge and the Belt they need to focus on pushing the big stars heavy during this injury time Kane, HBK, HHH when he comes back, Benoit, Rey Jr. when he's ready, Cena (i know i hate him too but maybe as a heel he could do something?) or the WWE will crumble

WWE is up shit creek without a saddle, they now have so many problems they seriously need to deal with that its almost a lost cause if you want to see decent wrestling. Here are just some of the problems its plagued with- falling attendences, a lack of quality incomming talent, lack of direction, rebellious talents, a brand so pathetic it put wcw in its dying days to shame, poor storylines, even worse main eventers, 3 champions who cant wrestle, increasingly annoying and pathetic fans who cry if anyone insults there precious WWE but then cant even string an arguement together to why it is good, countless injuries, massive ruptures into its adult male viewer demographics, an increasing releance on merchandise sales, Aging main eventers, ridicolously stupid writers, a commentator who is talking like its stil lthe attitude era and is claimed to be a god but does little more than annoy and convey a total childish and unrealistic image of WWE, poor promotion of live events, and a disgruntled international fan base. Now before all you babies get your nickers in a twist im not saying that TNA is better or anything like that just that WWE atm totaly sucks, the majority in here seem to agree, except for all you creepy little WWe fans who fall hook, line, and sinker for the frankly awful marketing of WWE talents like Batista and Cena. Im happy I dot watch WWE anymore because it is almost beyond repair and i want to watch all your little chav wigga or whatever you Cena fans are faces when the WWE gets itself into an absoloute mess.

What In the world???? Now for one I am not a Cena fan. Secondly I don't like Batista. So for you to say that the people hear have their eyes closed is a totally irrational comment.

Ok now aging main-eventers are you talking about wrestlers like HBK, HHH, Taker, and Flair?? Now excuse me if I'm wrong but your a Christian Cage fan am I right??????

Well if you are let me tell you one thing. If it wasn't for people like Flair, Taker, HHH, HBK, and even Hogan there would be no Christian Cage.

These Wrestlers are all in their 40's or above (HHH being the exception at 38) but the could all out wrestle Christian any day of the week. Not to say that Christian isn't entertaining because he is but that is it just entertaining.

Now I wanted to hear your opinion on this matter but i didnt think you would Start bashing the people that have sweat buckets and bled even more so you can have wrestling to watch. Well that doesnt set well with me and im sorry if you don't like what i have to say but dude... Don't Bash The People That Paved THe Way In Wrestling

The situation imo is getting worse with all the injuries and people getting interested in TNA and some even being depressed. Also WWE is incapable of making a good main event zone.

- RAW is the worse of the three brands imo. It has the worse wrestling and they give too much promo's at once. I mean they should implement more matches with longer match time like HBK vs. Cena II. Matches like that could draw ratings. Also they are lacking the most star power right now especially in the main event area. They have a lot of young talent on RAW that's been put to waste. They need to make guys like Dykstra and Masters main eventers and such so if someone gets injured there won't be a problem.

- WWECW is just tarnishing the original legacy of E.C.W. I know a lot of people bitch and complain about it but thats because most of the people that bitch about it watched the original E.C.W and feels like a major part of them has been taken away. I just ignored the E.C.W brand and stopped watching it but them giving Vince Mcmahon the title didn't even draw higher ratings and it just killed the prestigue of the E.C.W World Heavyweight Champion. WWE is showing there marks a fake E.C.W, there not showing them what E.C.W was.

- SD! is the best brand imo. They have the best and lenghty matches. For example, last week Matt Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy was good and I bet the steel cage match this week is going to be awesome and with the possiblility that Edge might cash in on his MITB I am definitely watching as I am a huge Edge head. They just need to build on there main event as well and there pretty set.

- All there different projects are also costing money though. The Condemed did horrible the first week as did Kane's ''See No Evil'' a while ago and ''The Marine'' did the best but still not that good. WWE needs to stop doing movies and stick to wrestling in order to save money even though they have a large amount. I heard Shane wants to co promote with Pride. UFC and wrestling are two different things and they can not co exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back