• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Do You Like About TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Not an easy question, terrible promotion. But what do you like about it? The only restriction I'm adding is you can't just name wrestlers & teams. ''I like A.J. Styles'' is a cop out.

I like how they've only got a basic number of titles. The tag & women's division aren't as good as people say they are, but at least people in those divisions have a certain goal. All the women aspire to be Knockout champion, in WWE they aspire to either be one of the two women's champions, or a Playboy Playmate. The tag titles are always defended on each PPV, and they have proper feuds. Even if there are only 3 teams.

I also like how the smallers wrestlers are allowed to do what they wish. I don't want to see Brian Kendrick wrestling the same styles as Triple H. I want to see him nearly lay a knee into the head of Carlito.

For me, I like TNA because it's different too WWE.

The iMPACT Zone is tiny and feels more homely than any arena WWE travel to. With TNA you get to see slightly more risque movesets and as Jake mentioned I like how the knockouts are treated as serious competitors and some even are decent wrestlers. I too like how every title is defended at the PPV and how there is only one world tag champion and one world heavyweight champion. And with TNA, whatever show you go to whether it be a house show, iMPACT taping or PPV, every match on the card will be of decent quality.

I also like how everyso often, you get an unexpected guy given a rub at the top, whereas in WWE it's literally Cena/Edge/Orton/HHH/Taker main eventing the PPVs

I agree with Y 2 Jake about the smaller guys having more freedom with their moves thats definitely a high spot in TNA another thing to take in mind is the quality of some of the speciality matches such as the monsters ball, lethal lockdown etc ive watched these matches over the past few years and ive been highly entertained by some of the spots in these matches for example in one of the lethal lockdown matches A.J Styles jumped off the top of the arena through James Storm (correct me if im mistaken) on a table on top of the cage

but still its promotion is poor
good topic to bring up !

i think this question is hard without naming wrestlers as overall the promotion is really poor, i watch only for beer money, mcmg, kurt angle and aj styles other than that i would probably say they can wrestle properly and not the wwe way

Mhhhh Huge Question, Great, You See Tna Has It's Greats And It's Bads.... Like All In Life, But As A Promotion Is Poor In General Because They Have Too Much Gimmick Matches, And They Don't Have The "big" Ppv That They Portray As The Greatest Night In The Year, Just Like Wwe Does With Wrestlemania.

I Really Began Watching Tna Just To See Christian Cage, Yeah!, I Liked Him From His Partnership With Edge In Wwe, So I Wanted To See Him, I Started Searching For Him On Google, And Hey In Found Out Tna! Seriously I've Never Seen Or Even Know About Tna Before This, So They Have Some Good Guys, Great Wrestlers That You Like To See, Booker T, Kurt Angle, A J Styles, But They're Too Similar To Wcw, The Old Guys Reigning, And Getting Former Wwe Stars Who Made Their Name In Wwe, And Signing Them, They Don't Have Their Own Big Stars, They Should Stop Doing So Many Gimmick Matches, And Have Some Big Ones In Standard Wrestling.

Now The Good Things? Well, Certainly The Divisions Are Properly Divided And Competed, The Girls Want The Girl's Title Not Possing For Playboy Or Stupid Storylines, And Each Guy In Each Division Wants The Title Of His Division, That Gives Each Belt The Prestige It Needs And Makes It A Coveted One.

In Wwe The Intercontinental Champion Wants The World Title, That Decreases The Prestige Of The Ic Title..... So Thats Good For Tna.....

And Someone Said In Tna There's Only One World Champ And One Tag Champ, Well In That Im Don't Agree At All, Because I Actually Like Wwe With 2 World Championships, And 2 Tag Titles, That's Not Bad, The Only Problem In Wwe Is What I Aforementioned, The Ic Champ Wants The World Title, And Does Not Give The Ic Belt The Importance It Deserves.

The few things I like about TNA are that the smaller wrestlers can do whatever they want, there are less titles in TNA with the womens division being treated like serious competitors & all the titles are defended on mostly every pay per view.

The best thing about TNA is the overall in ring performances. I think that in the ring, TNA is superior. The storylines and other things that they try to pull off are kind of weak. I do like the MEM angle. They should dominate from the start as a cohesive unit, but egos get in the way just like the Angle/Sting feud. I like that Beer Money are dominant Tag Champs. Always defending the titles, by hook or by crook. Now they have the "Greatest Tag Team of All Time" Team 3D coming after them. Remember everybody, TNA is not yet 7 years old. They are thrusting themselves into competition with the big dog of professional wresting and at least is holding there own. The WWE has thrown some terrible gimmicks, story lines, and angles out there. Some real stinkers (Katie Vick is at the top of the list) TNA is not a finished product. Stop hating just to hate. Take what they give you and enjoy the fact that there is actual wrestling on TV as opposed to 2 hour McMahon show and the 2 hour edge and vickie show.

By the way Bound for Glory is the wrestlemania of tna
Lethal Lockdown is my favorite. Remember the Triple X vs AMW match?

i think that the best thing about TNA is the effort that is going into building each division. You can see that they are really trying to build up each division and have plans for the championships unlike WWE who i'm sure have no long term US, IC, or Tag Team title plans. TNA try to make title runs matter.

I also like that TNA is trying to appeal to the 18-35 year old demographic because watching WWE sometimes makes me feel that i'm too old for it. If PG backfires for WWE then TNA will the first to benefit and pick up the fans that lose interest in the more child focused writing of WWE.

For the men, I like the fact that there are little to no restrictions on the moves that they can do. Furthermore, I love the World X Cup tournaments they do, as I am a sucker for cruiserweights and these tournaments allow me to see those cruiserweights that are prominent in other countries, as I don't have access to wrestling in Japan and Mexico and thus must get most of my information second-hand.

For the women, I love just about everything there is to love. TNA's Knockout Division shows that, with effort, a women's wrestling division can be entertaining and impressive even to the most jaded of wrestling fans. I haven't enjoyed American women's wrestling so much since The Jumping Bomb Angels were in the WWF some twenty or so years ago.

Alright... I can't even go into detail to tell you exactly how terrible TNA really is... Aside from the crappy gimmick matches that smog up each and every Pay Per View that arises, they claim to be the best wrestling in the world... Look at their Pay Per View buys, nearly non-existent... The last PPV I read was somewhere around 20,000 buys.. Um, yes, that's spectacular.. Compared to WWE averaging somewhere in the ballpark of one million.

Other than that, TNA wrestlers say that they earn their keep and don't play politics... What a joke. Kurt Angle has said he wanted to put AJ Styles and Samoa Joe way over, but in his contract he demanded he be paid more than anyone else in the company and that he would be TNA's Frontman for the most part. Sure, he's earned the right to request that, he's freakin' Kurt Angle... But how about Sting? One of the greatest wrestlers of all-time, and one of the most popular... Yet, he feels the need to sign one year contracts that expire around Bound for Glory time EVERY year. And anyone that knows anything about his contract negotiations, he says he wants to win the TNA Championship at Bound for Glory. Now, if only resigning to the company to win world titles isn't politicking, please... Tell me what is. AJ Styles being in the company since 2002 and essentially being buried for the last 3 years? Totally.. AJ is the politicker..

Or how about Christian Cage when he was in TNA? He was notably the biggest thing in the company, but once Scott D'Amore was removed from the writing team, just because the higher-ups didn't like him, he gut buried.

What I'm saying from this is, the talent in TNA doesn't deserve to be buried like they are. TNA has one of the best talent outlets in all of Pro Wrestling, it's just a shame for them to claim to be so great and toss their own talent aside to rebuild already established names.

Simple answer: Kurt Angle.
He is the only reason I check TNA from time to time. He is still one of the very best and I would have hope he was still in WWE. I`ve tried TNA as an alternative to WWE when I was disappointed with the latter but it is NOT an alternative as far as I am concerned.

The knockouts is about all i like i us to love the x division but they have all killed that. I do see y2jake point about it being in a smaller arena and feels more personal.

I actually had to sit and think about this for a few minutes. I reguarly watch and enjoy TNA, but when I think about it I'm not sure why.

It is an alternative to WWE, so if you don't like the wrestlers and feuds in the WWE then you can watch TNA. But for me after thinking about it I just enjoy TNA because it's wrestling. WWE is good and all but Is w'm a wrestling fan who enjoys wrestling so since TNA is the only other wrestling promotion on TV I choose to watch it.

But other than the fact that TNA is on TV, I always watch it because I'm a fan of women's wrestling. Although I don't think TNA's division is better than the WWE(just focused on more)I still really enjoy the women of TNA. The Beautiful People are a highlight and I always enjoy seeing them. Taylor Wilde, ODB, and Roxxi are also very good. So the women's division keeps me glued.

I also just enjoy TNA's stupiditiy. Honestly you never know what kind of stupid things TNA will do. If it's a new match gimmick(which happens all the time), a pointless feud or push, or a stupid title reign you never know what TNA will do since they can be very very, stupid.

I liked how they're never discouraged by their own shitness, possibly unaware of their own shitness and generally lie about their shitness. Don't get me wrong, they're doing good. Sly is right. Within about ten years, TNA could be hitting those big 1.4s on a regular basis. It's something to aim for. But it's just fucking great how they don't care about how delusional they come across, talking like the WWE will be raising the white flag any minute now. It's inspiring.

I like TNA because they slow burn. WWE seems to be in such a hurry to show what's in Kane's bag or who McMahon's kid is. I love that feuds in TNA last for a while. WWE used to have year long feuds, and that's when the show was great. Rock and Austin, or even the Mega Powers were feuds with great build up.

TNA lets the guys go a little more too. I enjoy that. The matches have a quicker pace.

I like that TNA has a tag division too. I love me some tag team wrestling.

TNA is just different. It's an alternative, and it's improving. I enjoy the show. It jsut requires more suspension of disbelief.

what i like about it, is the main event mafia, aj styles, and scott steiner's botchy promos....thats about it...some beer money, team 3d, and tna knockouts is nice once in a while...the rest i just can't get into...overall i think its a great show, o and now i like don wests heel turn, it adds more entertainment to the tna show.

I want to rant about how there are so many things I like about TNA but this isn't 4 years ago. Year 1 and 2 brought an alternative. A showcase for smaller talen to display their unbelievable abilities. Intense main event feuds with solid stables, and even though many people were sick of Jarrett as the guy he was the glue and used his status to advance every possible storyline. I loved how they let matches go for more then 10 minutes and it wasn't the same everyone does their spots and then we get to a bad finish. I like when people hit their finishers and won. I like how guys like AJ and Christopher Daniels actually got to showcase their abilities in ironman match or ultimate X. I've put some thought into this and I truly believe that the moment they brought in Cage or Angle the product turned into a bad version of WWE. Now its a water downed product with a bunch of guys over the hill taking up 50% of every show talking and not wrestling. TNA is crap now, the only thing that is even reasonably good is the tag team division which they are butchering anyway. Now that you have more of an audience let your talent shine through and not be brought down by the guys who need painkillers just to lace up their boots

I have watched TNA since the very beginning. I like it because it has more wrestling in 1 hour than wwe does on raw nad smackdown combined. I watch all of TNA and I fast forward thru most of raw and don't watch smackdown. I FF because the matches are boring and short, the talking is nonstop and the wrestlers, cena, orton, santino, jbl,etc BORE ME!
I watch TNA because the talking is leading somewhere and the matches are longer and better and I like most of the wrestlers better than wwe. The TNA knockouts can wrestle and the divas just stick up the place.

I like tna, because it is still a bone of contention with the wwe marks on here. Theres alot of failings in the product, no doubt but i feel it is closer to turning into a quality product id be happy to watch along with roh. especially compared to wwe anyway. Jericho and orton aside, there is nothing keeping me with wwe.(even the orton storyline is turning into a clusterfuck because of..kid mcmahons and hhh).
The fact that they have tried a big storyline and focused on established talent abit too much, and despite it not being great Tna have stuck with it, knowing it would be folly to just cut and run, and try to forget its happened like wwe would. And it is going to eventually give the title to aj, he will one day defend against joe and daniels in what should be a cracker. and when he does it will mean more, because they havent just cut and run. they have stuck it out, and sometimes that is the hardest thing to do. the iwc is on the whole, well known for being hot headed. and not on the whole, people who have patience, that is clear to see on here by clicking on any thread.
I like that when i go to a tna house show. im treated graciously, and feel genuinely wanted by the organisation. and see a good show everytime, with alot more bang for my buck than wwe would ever give me. that's if they even gave me the time of day. whilst charging me through the nose to watch these entertainers that dont even get on tv never mind have a following. with tna i am going to see wrestlers who are well versed in pulling off impressive, varied movesets and safely aswell. it feels like with roh that sometimes when a match clicks right that i am watching a piece of artistry. And i realise why i loved wrestling so much. for all the shit. when one of those moments arrive i forgive it. and it happens alot more and at house shows, than i have seen in years of wwe.
I like that the titles mean something in tna the womens' division puts wwe in the shade easily, the tag division is an actual division, not two teams with two titles aka props fighting over twin terrors. and for all the horrors of shane sewell, crap gimmick matches, cringeworthy commentary, ill conceived storylines and fumbling bumbling old timers. There is a feel that tna with a bit more quality control could really put wwe in the shadow for a great few hours of weekly tv time. The tna audience is treated with more respect and alot more hands on by the company than wwe would ever allow. ive had more enjoyment, from spin cycles and learning about these wrestlers enjoying themselves and being a close knit unit, without the backstage politics and cliques and a brilliant backstage dressing room atmosphere. These are all wrestlers with stories, real stories. they werent picked up on the back of having a developed body, being in with other wrestlers, being kept sweet with a push so they wont talk about gross misconduct, a great rack, or loose morals. Its not always perfect, nothing in life is. but do you know what, i like tna.

There is so much I don't like about TNA, but what I do like about TNA? I like the fact that the wrestling matches don't have the limitations as WWE's do. I enjoy WWE's wrestling, I think they're far better quality because of those restrictions and the standards WWE goes by, but its a nice change to see wrestlers in TNA able to go all out and be as creative as they want to be. Thats a bonus for the wrestlers and people who get to see things they wouldn't in, say, the WWE.

I also like the potential TNA has in many areas. I think they're completely dropping the ball on the X division and what it could be, but I like the potential the division has and the possibilities there if TNA does stumble upon the right direction and if things do change or progress in that way. The same with the tag team division.

What I like about TNA is the fact it isn't the WWE. They will occasionally throw out a good match on TV for no reason at all. I expecially like their X Division and women's division, the tag teams aren't all that bad either.

The thing I like TNA is the whole feel of the show, its slightly more controversial now (since wwe went PG) and even though they have lots of non wrestling segments the quality of wrestling is consistent and (especially in the X Division) much much more exciting.

And have people have stated above the fact that the lower titles are also focused on alot more than the wwes lower titles at the moment is good quality too.

They also have some decent talent in MCMG, Lethal Consequences, Samoa Joe(don't diss me I like the guy), Angle (always great in the ring), MEM and LAX.

I like how the best storylines they can come up with, are merely remakes of things that worked a decade ago. It shows that they don't try to think up new stuff, because they realize they can't. So instead, they just try to remake old storylines that worked well for previous Companies.

While I complain about it, truth is, I enjoy their "risk it all" approach to every Pay per view they have. They have no problems being the 2nd best Company in the business, because they know they'll never be #1.. and can't be less than #2. So they throw everything out the window, and put Brother D-Von and Cute Kip in Main Event matches.. that somehow keep viewers coming back for more.

And the beauty is.. when they finally do put together a half-way decent and impressive looking line-up, it looks that much more amazing, because the stuff a month prior was a complete "what the fuck was that" type of moment.

I love more than anything, how they honestly try to make each Championship and their respective division mean something. W.W.E. has more or less thrown away their mid-card, Tag and Women's divisions.. yet T.N.A. is embracing their X-Division, Tag and Knockout's divisions. I enjoy that, because it gives EVERYONE on their roster a place to be and a goal to try for.

I think it's funny how the main storyline going right now, is for T.N.A. trying to put it's originals in a fight against the "Legends" (ie. W.W.E. former talent) yet the only "T.N.A. Originals" fighting this fight, are ironically former W.W.E. talent as well. It shows that T.N.A. openly knows, outside of roughly 4 guys, their best talent is actually former W.W.E. guys that couldn't hack it.

I love their Cost cutting ways. While I still hold out hope for an actual Pay per view set that doesn't remind me of the iMPACT!zone, the fact is.. not spending money on a one-night-only set, is helping them keep higher priced talent on their roster.

I like that I have an outlet to see my favorite former WWE stars ie: Angle,Booker,Team 3D. In in sting's case former WCW. I like that all the titles mean something. The X-division champ always wrestles. The tag and knockouts titles are always defended on PPV. I like the amount of good tag teams in TNA. ie: LAX,MCMG,Beer Money,Team 3D. I love the beautiful people. I like that they're on the rise and provide an alternative. Even if at times it feels like they're doing the same thing WWE was doing. Eric Bischoff called them WWE lite or Diet WWE. I used to agree with that. But they're starting to change my mind. WWE is still a thousand times better. But TNA is improving and I like that.

WWE is only better by sheer volume, size, and production value. This isn't WWF vs. WCW anymore because TNA doesn't have a billion dollar prick in a suit pumping absurd amounts of cash into the company. They are actually building the company the right way IMO – from the inside out. Though I'm not a particular fan of the six-sided ring, Don West, Mike Tenay, or a lot of the booking decisions made int he company – the bottom line is that they are in fact producing an alternative to what's become one of the most boring era's in WWE's recent history.

You'd think with over 5 hours of airtime a week WWE might be able to do more than force feed you the same Randy Orton/HHH segment for 25 minutes on RAW and then again for another 10 minutes in re-hash mode on Smackdown/ECW – and then vice versa with the Edge/Cena feud.

WWE's booking is equally as boring as TNA's right now – tell me marks, what exactly is Kofi Kingston's purpose? Matt Hardy? Rey Mysterio? Kane? The list goes on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back