• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are they waiting for?

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
This is very much about Cesaro. I think Cesaro is a star. He has it all. He had it all back in 2011 but over the years, if you see his matches now, the crowd loves him. I was watching main event this week and I saw him after his win over Bo Dallas- the boom boom arms gesture, the crowd cheering..and I'm like- what the fuck?

Why isn't he a champion/maineventer already? Sheamus was never half as good as Cesaro(TBH, the entire roster combined isn't half as good), and they had made him champion(and a win from Cena at that) within a year of his debut. They shoved the MIZ, fucking Miz down our throats. Why not Cesaro?

I believe Cesaro is the most entertaining wrestler to watch in the ring (and this is after having tolerated downright unentertaining and rigid wrestlers like John Cena and The Miz for years), besides Daniel Bryan, but Cesaro has this masculinity and pure brute force combined with athleticism which neither of Bryan/Benoit/Angle or Batista/Cena had, he's a once-in-a-lifetime performer. Can you say that about Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose? I just love everything about the guy, his demeanour, the way he moves in the ring, his move set, the boom boom thing, even the European languages gimmick he used to have, and that insanely hot diva of european descent from back in 2011, what was her name?

We all know that Cesaro has the look, the physique, in-ring skills, ..I mean I'm crazy about the guy, his uppercuts and all..but I'd like to bring this to notice- Cesaro is also an extremely goodlooking guy, ever thought about that? Not only is he European but has this chiseled face and the way he smiles..basically he's magnetic and what do they do..they give the "dashing" gimmick to somebody like Cody fucking Rhodes..Cesaro is more handsome and atheletic than John Cena, Brock Lesnar(nobody ever found him handsome did they!?) and Randy Orton combined..he has it all. Why can't the WWE bank on him? Why haven't they?

I suppose it's effusively obvious I'm a Cesaro fan so I'm going to end this by asking you guys, "What the fuck are they waiting for? "

He's not main-eventing because he doesn't belong in the main-event.. Hate to break it to you but it takes more than in-ring ability to be a top star in WWE, all you guys go on about is his in-ring skills, that doesn't mean shit in WWE. If he can't cut a promo and can't tell a good story he's not going to main-event, it's that simple.

Don't act like a mark, you sound obsessed with him.

He's not main-eventing because he doesn't belong in the main-event.. Hate to break it to you but it takes more than in-ring ability to be a top star in WWE, all you guys go on about is his in-ring skills, that doesn't mean shit in WWE. If he can't cut a promo and can't tell a good story he's not going to main-event, it's that simple.

Don't act like a mark, you sound obsessed with him.

And Roman Reigns really belongs? Or Bray Wyatt? Bray Wyatt can talk incessantly, annoyingly incessantly too. But then, Bray Wyatt is mankind. He's not a poster-boy and he never will be. He's a monster, an attraction, the freak from the side show- just how Kane, Mankind/Foley, Mark Henry and The Big Show were, for years.
And mind you, even Seth Rollins isn't that great. He can talk alright. But again, imagine HHH from the attitude era saying "I'm gonna kick your ass" and now imagine Seth Rollins doing that.

What's the last time Brock Lesnar told a story on the mic? Or Bret Hart? It has to come from within- pure passion. Bret made a lot of mistakes while speaking but Bret was still Bret and people knew he was for real. Remember his pro-canada promos? Much better than glorified midcarders like The Miz saying "really, really, really?" like an ugly-looking high-school dork.

Cesaro is also an extremely goodlooking guy, ever thought about that?

Hmmmm, no I haven't. But now...

Not only is he European but has this chiseled face and the way he smiles..basically he's magnetic

God you're right. Not ONLY is he European but his face looks chiseled out of stone, and his smile... Ohhhh his smile.

and what do they do..they give the "dashing" gimmick to somebody like Cody fucking Rhodes..Cesaro is more handsome and atheletic than John Cena, Brock Lesnar(nobody ever found him handsome did they!?) and Randy Orton combined..

Woah woah woah, Cena and Lesnar maybe, but ORTON? I mean Cesaro is a studly stud, but come on, he can't compete with that chiseled face of Randy Orton... it's so chiseled!

he has it all. Why can't the WWE bank on him? Why haven't they?

If I can be serious for a second, I would assume it's because of his lack of overall polish? I'm not talking about in the ring, as it's obvious he's one of the best in-ring wrestlers in the world, I'm mainly talking about his character and how the audience perceives him. It's true that Cesaro is over with the crowd, but can anybody tell me what his character is? Is he an underdog? A beast? What does he care about? What does he stand for? For example, I know that Kevin Owens fights for his family. I know that he has a wife and two kids and that he doesn't care about anything else. I know that Owens is in WWE to prove that he's the best after a 15 year indie career. I know that he can work as a monster heel and a coward heel at the same time. And I know that titles mean everything to him. I don't know anything about Cesaro other than he's strong, a great wrestler, and used to be known as Claudio Castagnoli (and the only reason I know that is because I used to watch him in ROH). He needs more character progression and mic time to develop a personal relationship with the audience. The guy can undoubtedly go, but overall he needs a little more refinement.

This is very much about Cesaro. I think Cesaro is a star. He has it all. He had it all back in 2011 but over the years, if you see his matches now, the crowd loves him. I was watching main event this week and I saw him after his win over Bo Dallas- the boom boom arms gesture, the crowd cheering..and I'm like- what the fuck?

Why isn't he a champion/maineventer already? Sheamus was never half as good as Cesaro(TBH, the entire roster combined isn't half as good), and they had made him champion(and a win from Cena at that) within a year of his debut. They shoved the MIZ, fucking Miz down our throats. Why not Cesaro?

I believe Cesaro is the most entertaining wrestler to watch in the ring (and this is after having tolerated downright unentertaining and rigid wrestlers like John Cena and The Miz for years), besides Daniel Bryan, but Cesaro has this masculinity and pure brute force combined with athleticism which neither of Bryan/Benoit/Angle or Batista/Cena had, he's a once-in-a-lifetime performer. Can you say that about Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose? I just love everything about the guy, his demeanour, the way he moves in the ring, his move set, the boom boom thing, even the European languages gimmick he used to have, and that insanely hot diva of european descent from back in 2011, what was her name?

We all know that Cesaro has the look, the physique, in-ring skills, ..I mean I'm crazy about the guy, his uppercuts and all..but I'd like to bring this to notice- Cesaro is also an extremely goodlooking guy, ever thought about that? Not only is he European but has this chiseled face and the way he smiles..basically he's magnetic and what do they do..they give the "dashing" gimmick to somebody like Cody fucking Rhodes..Cesaro is more handsome and atheletic than John Cena, Brock Lesnar(nobody ever found him handsome did they!?) and Randy Orton combined..he has it all. Why can't the WWE bank on him? Why haven't they?

I suppose it's effusively obvious I'm a Cesaro fan so I'm going to end this by asking you guys, "What the fuck are they waiting for? "

Oh i couldn't agree more, and I have no problem being called a Cesaro fangirl. The guy is great in the ring, and he does have the crowd behind him. Every Monday night I'm representing the Cesaro section from my living room as well.

Problem is the WWE doesn't see him as a main event talent. They would rather push others like Reigns or give the MITB to Sheamus. Reigns I agree with, Sheamus well, he can piss off any way he wants.

They need to give him a storyline or gimmick that suits him and stick with it. He's a much better face than heel, so leave him as he is now. Making him a Paul Heyman guy was a huge mistake as Heyman is bigger than life.

Maybe one of these days the WWE will realize what they have in Cesaro and really give him a push.

I agree with the pro-Cesaro posts in this thread, the guy isn't getting the push he deserves, for all this about him not being able to cut promos, well Reigns is the same and I'd rather watch Cesaro than Reigns.

Cesaro v Cena on Raw a couple of months ago was a good a match as I've seen this year.

I am not sure I understand why Cesaro isn't being pushed in any direction. Doesn't need to be for the heavyweight title, but he's back to doing nothing again.

I was at RAW on July 6 in Chicago when he and Cena had a roughly 26 minute main event and it was possibly the best match I've ever seen in person (and I've been to several live events including a WrestleMania).

I could understand what people are saying about promo status, but the WWE lacks true stars right now, guys who really demand attention on the mic. So, he's far from alone in that category.

Heck, just give him a good gimmick and he doesn't even need to talk much.

I'd rather watch a terrific wrestler like him in a main event vs. say, Seth Rollins, than Kane.

God you're right. Not ONLY is he European but his face looks chiseled out of stone, and his smile... Ohhhh his smile.

Woah woah woah, Cena and Lesnar maybe, but ORTON? I mean Cesaro is a studly stud, but come on, he can't compete with that chiseled face of Randy Orton... it's so chiseled!

Haha. I saw that coming@ Orton. I still think Cesaro's face/physique makes him insanely hot from a straight-male, or a female perspective. Orton too was sort of a ladykiller bad boy unlike Cena but Orton never really smiles freely and when he does he sort of looks like a dork, and otherwise smirks, just as the Lesnar heel smirk/laugh. But Cesaro has this...oh well, lets not argue about looks.

I can't fathom if you're a straight guy trolling a bit@Ohhhh his smile, or a woman? Merely curious!

Haha. I saw that coming@ Orton. I still think Cesaro's face/physique makes him insanely hot from a straight-male, or a female perspective. Orton too was sort of a ladykiller bad boy unlike Cena but Orton never really smiles freely and when he does he sort of looks like a dork, and otherwise smirks, just as the Lesnar heel smirk/laugh. But Cesaro has this...oh well, lets not argue about looks.

I can't fathom if you're a straight guy trolling a bit@Ohhhh his smile, or a woman? Merely curious!

lmfao you're definitely not coming from a straight male perspective (not that there's anything wrong with that)

The problem is that while you clearly jerk it whenever Cesaro is on screen, most people don't. If it was down to watching a Cesaro match or a Reigns/Ambrose match, the majority of fans would pick the latter. It's not a case of "OMG He's so damn fine, why doesn't he have a big golden belt around those tight abs", as much as its "Meh, Cesaro is good, but Reigns/Ambrose/anybody else is my favorite." Also, lets not forget Cesaro fucking sucks on the mic. People with a boner for the guy are willing to let that slide, but not everyone is so forgiving. Remember the promos he cut with Cena and KO a couple of months ago? Neither does anybody else.

I agree with the pro-Cesaro posts in this thread, the guy isn't getting the push he deserves, for all this about him not being able to cut promos, well Reigns is the same and I'd rather watch Cesaro than Reigns.

Cesaro v Cena on Raw a couple of months ago was a good a match as I've seen this year.

While I agree Cesaro should be pushed let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Reigns has been pretty good at promos and hasn't been terrible at rthem since RR. The difference is Reigns can sell a story in or out the ring. The kids (even teens),women love him. Some men have became fans are never stopped being fans. Reigns also is quite a draw. Out of the younger talent only Rollins and Reigns (and to an extent Owens) have got to that level. But Rollins and Reigns are known which made/making them the face and heel of WWE.

Like someone on here said what is Cesaro's story. We know Reigns. I'll give Claudio credit he can wrestle his ass off and like Reigns last year is trying. And I'll also give him that he loves this business. But when Vince said he didn't connect with the fans is because he has no real backstory other than working in the indies.

With that being said Cesaro should get pushed but let's not compare Reigns he has nothing to do with this. Its not his fault Cesarois not getting pushed

I'm a guy. How you doin.

I was just screwing around but I think from a straight female perspective, Orton and Cena are like gods among men. I remember there were these three girls I used to know who only watched WWE to see John Cena, and every Tuesday they would come to class and fangirl over him. Another girl I used to hang out with would enter a fit of ecstasy whenever we would talk about Cena. My ex and her friends preferred Orton, agreeing they would jump him if they were to ever see him on the street... in front of me. There are some guys that every girl seems to find attractive. I have yet to meet one who doesn't lose their mind over Cena or Orton.

But let's not argue about looks...

Let's stop being Wreddit around here and beginning threads with a false premise.

Cesaro is great, at lifting guys in the ring and taking flat back bumps. He's not a necessarily charismatic person besides for his in ring moveset. Don't get me wrong, Cesaro is perfect for helping put guys over, and he's a great upper midcard guy. He can be in feuds that don't involve much time on the mic, that don't require much time in a match.

Comparing him to Reigns is not even realistic. Reigns is stronger in every way except for a very small piece of being a WWE Superstar, which is an advanced number of extraneous moves to be executed in the ring.

Does Cesaro have it "all?" Not from my perspective because EVERY wrestler has some sort of shortcoming. Even beloved icons like Austin, Sting, Taker, Flair, Hogan, Rock, Jericho and various others have little imperfections; in some cases, some guys are more entertaining to watch in the ring, some have a more interesting move set, some have better physical looks in regards to having "the look", some are better at telling a story inside the ring, some are better on the mic, some are better at rallying the crowds, some are better at conveying emotion, some have a better understanding of psychology and a dozen other little things that go into being able to "make it."

Cesaro is extremely entertaining to watch inside the ring, he does have a unique combination of physical strength & athleticism that you don't usually see. Usually, guys around Cesaro's weight, 220-230 pounds, can't military press 250 pound men above their heads or heft 240 pounds of dead weight in various suplexes and throws the way he does. He's demonstrated some feats of physical strength that you'd expect more from the likes of Big E, Brock Lesnar & Ryback, yet he's simultaneously every bit as fast, agile and maneuverable as someone like Chris Jericho or Christian.

Cesaro is also over with fans, he gets good responses from them and I do agree that I think he should be given more of a sustained, long term opportunity to show if he can do it. However, Cesaro isn't nearly over to the point where droves upon droves of fans in city after city and venue after venue vocally demand for him to be pushed like we saw with Daniel Bryan. I'm not trying to sing Bryan's praises or put down Cesaro, it's just simply how it is; Bryan definitely doesn't have the sort of "look" that Vince prefers for main event guys, yet Bryan definitely has the drive, in-ring ability and, FAR more important than anything else, he can rally fans like very few we've seen since the days of Austin & The Rock. Bryan isn't charismatic or personality driven in quite the same manner as The Rock or Austin, but he has charisma & personality all the same that's probably more in a Dusty Rhodesesque, "common man" sort of way. Bryan isn't some physical master of the universe, he's no mountain of muscle, he doesn't pop out one liners like nails out of a nail gun but he had numerous fans from all walks of life rally around him and demand to see him pushed with such vehemence that it threatened to derail WrestleMania XXX itself. It's a shame that he's had health issues that've definitely put a kibosh on his career yet, barring those, there's very little doubt he'd be at or hovering around the top of the roster.

As I said, I wouldn't mind seeing Cesaro given a genuine opportunity. I personally think that he MIGHT bring more to the table than Vince gives him credit for IF he was given a sustained push/opportunity. For instance, if Vince allowed Cesaro to do his own promos, there's a much better shot for him because Cesaro gut some genuinely good ones in NXT during his program with Sami Zayn.

There always seems to be disagreement concerning whether 'getting pushed' includes winning matches or not. I've maintained that a push doesn't necessarily involve emerging victorious; that constant TV exposure is as good, or almost as good, as climbing the ranks of contenders.

As I saw it, the Dolph Ziggler of 3-4 years ago was considered to be treated unfairly and left behind by the company because he hadn't achieved main event status.......yet, he performed on virtually every addition of Raw and Smackdown, in addition to often being used on lesser TV shows. To me, that's all a wrestler could realistically ask, and I maintain that a lot of gals & guys sitting back in the locker room wish they were 'ignored' in the manner of Dolph Ziggler.

This is Cesaro's problem, too. He's always on view, doing his thing on the major TV shows. Yes, he's losing. Maybe all the effort will someday equate to a major push, but if the man gets paid more when he performs more, Cesaro already has it made.

In other words, 'they' might not be waiting for anything; it could be management feels Cesaro has already reached the highest level he's going to.......and it's only the opinion of fans (and non-fans) whether the correct decision is being made...... or not.

Maybe Cesaro is in the same type of situation as Kane is and has been throughout his career.

A guy who is a great worker in the ring, a great hand, a strong talent with the ability to draw fans interest but hasn't really been given the opportunity to be and STAY at the top.

Kane was WWE Champion ONCE back in 1999 and lost it A DAY later.

Years later, in 2010 he was FINALLY given a chance to run with the top title of the show - the World Heavyweight Championship - and given a good 154 day run. But that was over 12 years since he debuted!

Back in 2002-2003 Kane was BADASS with mask and even after losing the mask and he was well respected and appreciated but he never got to be WWE or World Champion then.

Maybe that's what might happen with Cesaro. Honestly, in today's fast-paced world Cesaro might actually be lucky. Kane had to wait over 12 years to get a decent run with a top title but things happen faster in today's world so Cesaro, even though he is being 'misused' might get a run with the IC title or perhaps even WWE World title in under 3 years and that is FAST if you consider how long it has taken others.

Or maybe Cesaro is just a good hand like Ricky Steamboat and mid-card and occasional main event matches but coming out on the losing end is just the way he will be used because WWE doesn't see him as a long-term top level champion.

WWE felt the same way about Christian. Where they right? Who knows but in WWE you have to be lucky if you even get your name in the record books beside the title belts.

I have been asking the same question for a while now. I have come to the conclusion that Cesaro is very good in the ring and he has decent fan support. Those are his best points, he has a pretty good look but here we go he is not very good on the mic and he does not have the so called it factor that John Cena has. Roman Reigns has that and is working on the mic skills, fan support and in ring skills. Another big factor is he does not have a story to back him, creative is not helping him at all. I like Cesaro but he is no Cena, Orton or Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back