• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What annoys you the most about WWECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soul Crusher

If you could pick one thing that really bugs you about WWE's attempt to revive ECW, what would it be? Is it the gimmicky characters? Is it the fact that most of the great theme music is gone? Is it the use of the term "Extreme Entertainment"? Is it the overreliance on WWE Superstars? Is it seeing so many ECW Originals get buried? Is it the much safer style that's being used in ECW matches? Is it that annoying little tart Kelly Kelly? Something else?

I find all of those things highly irritating and even insulting to everyone's intelligence, but the thing I hate the most about WWECW occurred last week: We actually saw a disqualification in an ECW match!!! That signaled the death knell of ECW as we knew it, and that was also the point where ECW ceased to be anything else other than third-rate sports entertainment. Anyway, for what it's worth, Sabu barely even touched Justin Credible going through the table (check out the replay).

The thing I don't understand is if they're trying to make ECW look like a separate entity that "competes" (at least in the storyline) with the other WWE brands, why do they insist on having matches officiated under WWE rules? It doesn't make any sense at all, but then again, there's a lot about WWECW that doesn't make sense at all.

Amen to that, The gimmicky characters are bullshit, the generic music sucks, the term Extreme Entertaiment to describe ECW is a disgrace, WWE superstars shouldn't compete or hold the ECW World Heavyweight Title, "ECW Originals" who deserve to be in the main event scene are nothing but jobbers, the "Extreme Rules" matches are just WWE matches with a few "Extreme" spots, Kelly should leave and doesn't even deserve to be with the WWE.

I don't like that **** Kelly, I don't like Paul Heyman or most of the ECW wrestlers. They shouldn't put WWE Raw and SmackDown stars in ECW, that makes it less extreme and they keep having Smackdown/RAW superstars wrestle with them! Ric Flair/Edge interfeering/ The Undertaker... And the gimmicky characters! I just don't like ECW at all!!!

I'm thinking about sending a letter to WWE Management called "ECW 101", because there's a lot of people in upper management over there that I think have never watched ECW, nor do they understand what made it so popular - like XFL, WBF and WWE Restaurant & Bar in Times Square, it's another attempt at a money making venture that will be doomed if they don't understand how to operate it. These people are making a big mistake if they think they're better suited to run ECW than Paul Heyman is. Basically, this should just be Heyman with complete control along with Vinnie Mac's financial backing. The only reason that ECW went bankrupt was because of a bad television deal and because a lot if its best known stars jumped to either WWE or WCW, and because Heyman lacked the business savvy of his competitors. If they had remained the ECW we all knew and loved while correcting the aforementioned problems, it would have been a more successful, better quality product. Instead, we're left with a show of lower quality than Raw and about the same level as SmackDown!, and really not all that different from either one.

ok firstly LEAVE KELLY ALONE! second i hate the fact dat dey keep sending raw and smackdown people to ecw and i hate da fact dat der are no storylines and its been six weeks! i wanna see so F****** STORYLINES ALL DA MATCHES HAVE NO POINT I WANNA SEE STORY NOW WHERE ARE DA RIVALRIES!!!!!!!!! AND I HATE DAT FRANCINE STILL HASNT DEBUTED AND DAT DEY ARE ONLY USIN HER AT HOUSE SHOWS WHEN SHE COULD HELP BRING ECW UP A BIT I HATE DAT KELLY IS DA ONLY VIXEN ON TV WHAT ABOUT JAZZ AND FRANCINE I HATE DAT ALL DA ECW ORGINALS ARE BEING DESTROYED EVERY WEEK! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ yea i cant believe when Cena went to ECW with edge they cheered him.. i was sooo mad

Cypher said:
"We Want Cena" chants.

That should be the thing that makes Vinnie Mac feel like a total moron.

Which brings me to something I forgot - ECW taping in front of SmackDown's audience! That's kind of like having a Wiggles concert and an adult film convention at the same time! Another sign that Vinnie Mac is going about re-launching ECW the wrong way. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to shoot at house shows instead? C'mon Vinnie, where's your head at?

I think that WWECW if you want to call it that is doing better than everyone thought it would do. If EcW had more storylines thenit would def be in competition with RAW. If they can compete with Raw caould possibly say hello to a 2-hour time slot.

A DQ in an ECW match now that's just plain Bullshit!
And where is Buelah and Francine they R going to comein tha future but fuckin Vince is gonna run us into some damn Promos before they come I mean come on we all know who they are.
And why are WWE superstars fighting for the ECW Championship what about Sabu, Dreamer, Sandman, Balls wut about real ECW wrestlers? Fuckin WWECW!

it's pretty lame at the moment but i think it will get better one day hopefully

dq's in ecw should be removed asap it's a ******ed idea

realblackhart said:
the 50 billion commercials

HAHAHAHAHA... remember that first episode? It seemed like every two minutes they said "We have to take a commercial break" - the sad thing is, I think the commercials might have been one of the best parts of that first episode. That and The Zombie - even though he had no place in ECW, he was hilarious. UUHHHHHHHH UUUUUUHHHHH UUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH UUUUUHHHHH! He should go on a long undefeated streak on SmackDown! Hey, if they can do it for Umaga and Khali, why not Zombie?

Gotta agree with the DQ in an ECW match has no place to be there, Neither does Kelly kelly she is terrible, Kimona Ruled lol WWE storylines are another no, And also just down to the face that they fired the ecw Refs, Securiity and Announcer pissed me off aswell they were all just as good as wwe guys

this new ecw thing totallt tanks. How in the hell you get dq'd in an ecw match? They should've let ecw stay buried if they weren't going to do it right!!:robvandam: :raven:

What does ECW stand for now? Entertainment Championship Wrestling? Extremely Chickenshit Wusses? Is WWECW nothing more than a promotional tool for the ECW tape library? Are they intentionally trying to make it terrible in order to bury it? I'm really beginning to wonder what Vinnie Mac is trying to accomplish here. Apparently he lacks confidence in the brand's talent, so he has to keep bringing in outsiders? When is this shit going to stop? I may not even watch tonight's episode - just when you think this show might have a chance to improve, it takes a turn for the worse. And if I do decide to watch and don't see CM Punk and/or Balls Mahoney in action, I'll be pissed.

It's amazing how quickly wrestling "marcs" turn on wrestlers today.The new ECW has more ratings in 1 show than the old ECW had all it's lifespan.Now,I am an old ECW fan,but I have let it go.It will not be back.Give it up.The new ECW is still young and with guys like C.M. Punk and Shannon Moore coming in,aswell as already having Sabu,RVD,and Sandman,you won't need WWE guys here soon and then buisness will pick up.You guys need to take wrestling for what it is.A show!Sit back and enjoy it and if you don't like what you see,turn it off!You all forget that 99.9% of the wrestling fans today started watching because of Vince and the WWF/WWE,but now it's cool to bash them cause they may not have the best music,or because ECW is not the same.Well,I sasy if it's that bad,why the hell is everyone talking about it and watching?Stop kidding yourselves,TNA is just the same,I mean,Sting?Christian,a mid card jobber winning the title on his first try?OPEN your eyes,it's all the same!!!(PS,Cornette is a glory hole)

kelly is great, i hate her b/f tho, thats the most annoying mike knox is a prick...they can't have straight matchest b/c they dont have enough stars dude

Hypervega said:
The new ECW has more ratings in 1 show than the old ECW had all it's lifespan.

That's because ECW only had a national TV deal for one year, with TNN. I might add that TNN buried it with a late timeslot (midnight, if I'm not mistaken) and wouldn't even run advertisements for the show. Despite that, it was still TNN's top rated program.

WWECW, on the other hand, has a billion dollar company behind it along with tons of money spent on advertising and free plugs on Raw and SmackDown! So who do you think is going to have higher ratings? WWECW has far more advantages than ECW ever had.

Which is a good thing.With the extra money and plugs,they can bring in more talent and more viewers to appreciate the product.If ECW "fans" were REAL "fans,they would give it some time and a chance.The show has improved little by little every week and has inmtroduced new wrestlers,old and new,to a new generation of fans that are different than all the old ones,and they still have more new wrestlers to come.With more time to develope these new guys and get them into the mainstream,ECW will be able to stand on it's own and we will have less WWE guys in the promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back