• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Were you for Edge & Christian or the Hardy Boyz?

Edge & Christian or the Hardy Boyz?

• E & C

• The Hardyz

Results are only viewable after voting.

CM Steel

A REAL American
In the spirit of holloween I'm going to type this thread in honor of the only four members of Gangrel's "the Brood" faction, Edge & Christian and the Hardy Boyz.

Back during the attitude era, Edge & Christian and the Hardy Boyz made history in the WWF/E with & against each other in the ring. In '99 both Edge & Christian and the Hardyz competed in the very first "tag team ladder match" for a bag of loot and to have Terri Runnels as their manager/valet.

Throwing the Dudley Boyz in the tag team mix blended good! But as far as the future of tag team wrestling went in the WWF/E at the time. E & C and the Hardyz were the young bloods of the tag team division. After Wrestlemania 16 (2000) Edge & Christian turned heel as the WWF/E tag team champions. But still their feuds with the Hardy Boyz were epic! Their tag team matches, ladder matches, steel cage matches, you name it, Edge & Christian and the Hardyz did it all.

Later on in their single's career's. We saw three of the four win world title's in the WWE (the WWECW championship doesn't count). But during the E & C and Hardy Boyz days. Who were you for between the two epic tag teams?

If I could pick the Dudleyz then I would, but between these two teams it's E & C for me. I was pretty young at this time and for whatever reason I thought the Brood were really cool. They had one of the most awesome entrances in the company at the time and still to this today and I loved the whole "blood bath" thing. At that age I was probably sold just on that alone, to me the Brood were "cool" and the Hardyz were not. I wasn't caught up in much more than that at that point, good times :)

I loved Edge and Christian because they could actually wrestle and I loved the whole brood gang. The Hardy's in my mind were just glorified stunt men. People just wanted to see them do crazy spots. Not that there was anything wrong with that back in the day because that's what it was all about during that time, but I just found the Brood more interesting.

Hardyz all the Way. I miss seeing a young jeff hardy Swantom Bomb Bubba through a table or matt twist of fating edge through the anounce table. They were better brood in my opinion. Though i still loved EC

E & C for me. From their days in The Brood which I thought were really cool at the time, and had a great entrance to the Kazoo playing 5 second posing tag team champions. Everything they did, to me was better than the Hardy's. I was a Hardy's fan too, but E&C were the total package of wrestling, comedy, and just pure entertainment. Their stuff with Kurt Angle alone is enough for me. I always thought they were just a little ahead of the Hardy's and the Dudley's.

I'm from North Carolina... so everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY here absolutely loved The Hardy Boyz.
I liked them too, but to me they seemed over rated as a team. I always saw them get beat up, do a cool move or two, get beat up some more, Jeff would do crazy stuff, and they'd get beat up some more. Plus their promos stunk.

Edge and Christian however, we're awesome in my opinion (pun intended), I loved those guys. They were great in the ring and SO funny on the mic, and that's what drew me to them. They were entertaining in the ring and out, plus they actually got a good amount of offense in their matches. They talked so much trash but when the time came, they backed it up against everyone -- whether they cried about it or not lol :)

Hardyz for me, the first wrestling related thing I ever saw was Jeff Hardy doing the leapfrog leg drop at No Mercy, had no idea what wrestling was but I thought that looked really cool and started watching wrestling from then on.

At the time when they were feuding I would definitely have go with the Hardyz, but I grew to like Edge and Christian just as much as I grew to dislike the Hardyz. Their spots were cool and innovative back in the day but the Hardyz didn't really have anything else to offer, meanwhile Edge and Christian were comedic gold and I enjoyed watching both of them after these two teams were done with each other. These four guys and the Dudleyz did entertain the hell out of me way back when though, that's for sure.

These are two of my favourite tag teams ever so its really difficult. If we're talking banter and charisma Edge & Christian, if we're talking look and wrestling then its the Hardys for me.

Edge & Christian did so many hilarious things outside the ring (5 second pose, mocking other guys etc) as well as great tag matches that I guess you could lean towards them. However The Hardys are probably the only team I can think of where the tag team moves generally looked great and were unique to them using them. The amount of tag team moves they had compared to other teams is large.

Tough call but if we're saying tag team match, The Hardys, if we're talking entertainment in general Edge & Christian

E & C all the way.

They were better on the mic and in the ring, I'd nearly go as far as saying they were favourite thing about the attitude era

I have to go with The Hardy Boyz

When I was in high school, everyone was huge fans of The Rock, Stone Cold etc, but my favourite wrestlers were The Hardyz, and all my friends teased me about that. I just thought their style of wrestling was incredible, I had never really seen anything like the kind of moves Jeff Hardy used to pull off.

Edge and Christian annoyed me at the time, I was a huge Hardyz fan and was really happy when they won the managerial services of Terri Runnels in the first ever tag team ladder match, and was equally as gutted when they failed to win in the triangle ladder match and the TLC matches.

Both teams were incredibly talented though, I would put that first tag-team ladder match up against any other match I have ever seen, it is still one of my favourites. It has been great to see the 4 guys progress through their careers and it does disappoint me alot to see the personal issues Matt and Jeff have been through.

Now I am older I can see that Edge and Christian were by far the more talented team, better wrestlers, better on the mic, better heels and better on the mic. But at the time I thought the Hardyz were untouchable, I loved that team.

AT the time Hardys because of there spots but now i look back i realize i was wrong E & C were much better wrestlers and cared more about wrestling and the fans

Edge and Christian.

Truth be told I never really liked the Hardy Boyz, thought they were entertaining due to the high-risk dives and such but never really got into them, while Edge and Christian were the first real heels I took too growing up. Five second pose, reeking of awesomeness, backstage skits, dressing up as Elvis when Raw was in Vegas, I always enjoyed them more and back then enjoyed Edge more than Christian, yet when the split up I sided with Christian. Always have found him more entertaining.

Just to note on The Hardy Boyz, didn't like either until Jeff's match with Taker and Matt's Cruiserweight title run.

For me it was the Hardy Boys all the way. Mainly because I loved Jeff's high risks, even though E&C took high risks but the kinds the Jeff took was incredible. Also keep in mind I was around or less than 10 years old when E&C and the Hardys were doing there thing. With how Jeff would jump off of ladders onto tables, off of cages, off the stage, off of anything really lol It blew my mind and I'm sure like PLENTY of members on here, as a kid, I broke plenty of my parent's furniture and beds and tables and couches doing the Swanton Bomb on my little brother lol

Edge & Christian.

I liked The Hardy Boyz and supported them also, but it was easier to like and support E&C more because they had more charisma, more personality, better mic skills, were better wrestlers, were just as good as The Hardy Boyz when it came to being spot monkeys, and they were frickin' hilarious. The Hardy Boyz gave us a lot of memorable "HOLYSHIT!" moments, but E&C gave us more with their share of "HOLYSHIT!" moments and their comedy. E&C are one of my favourite tag teams of all time.

Dudleyz to be honest. But that isn't an option, so ill go with....... The Hardy Boyz. Together as a team, Jeff and Matt were one of the better tag-teams in the early 2000's. But its actually pretty hard to take a "favorite" or a winner in this question because well, this time in the WWF/E history, the tag-team division was dominant. Edge/Christian, Dudleyz, Hardyz. Solid Tag-Teams that brought us alot of highlights and plenty of entertainment. If this was a TLC or Hardcore or Extreme Wrestling match, the advantage is to the Hardyz (actually as i said before, the edge goes to the dudleyz but they're not an option) The Hardyz crafted their teamwork in their own backyard. If this was a plain 1-fall normal tag-team match, Edge and Christian get the advantage. Both teams were entertaining, both teams had their moments of highs and lows, both switch alignments between being faces and heels, but at the end of the day, to me, the Hardyz would get my vote.

Three out of the four were incredibly entertaining at the time. I was sympathetic to the fourth guy and wanted the best for him even though it seemed like he was just riding his brother's gravity defying coat tails. But in the end E&C were the heels and the Hardyz were the faces so I naturally wanted the Hardyz to win. Sure E&C were highly entertaining, more well rounded, and more convincing in the ring but they were so good at their job as heels that I wanted to see them get humiliated for their obnoxious behaviour and scruppleless actions which led me to root against them and for the Hardyz (along with Whisper in the Wind - I always really liked Whisper in the Wind for some reason).

Back then during the Attitude era it was the Hardy Boyz all the way. Nothing against E&C but I always preferred the Hardyz. They reminded me of that era's version of the Rockers in which I was a huge fan of the the Rockers. Add the crazy and amazing moves the Hardyz pulled off in and out of the ring it was a no brainer back then and it still it now the Hardy Boyz all the way!

E&C were simply two great superstars paired together, only we didn't really know it yet back then. Edge went on to become a main event mainstay and Cena's biggest rival, and Christian has been underappreciated but has still been a great heel character. I think TNA's version of E&C will be Roode and Storm, where they'll be great singles competitors to unfortunately overshadow their tag work.

But if we're talking about great teams, gimme Matt and Jeff. Neither of them was really destined for great things, so they became stuntmen to get over and did it perfectly. Matt was never a great singles competitor because he just didn't look like a heavyweight should, and Jeff got his place in the main event because he sells t-shirts and those sleeve things. There's just no way to sugarcoat that he owes all of his success to the people who buy his stuff, because TNA people are strting to treat him like Cena where they're sick of his limited moveset and superman persona because he pushes merch.

Simply put, the Hardeyz were a better tag team because they were better as a team than they ever could be as individuals. Edge won every title in the freaking company and Christian deserved more than Jeff got. i'll also note that the Hardeyz are more of what the tag division needs right now, rather than 2 guys destined to be singles stars (Rhodes Scholars) the WWE could use some high flyers with the balls to risk their bodies to get over with the fans (maybe Kidd and Gabriel, two guys I don't see ever doing anything alone but could carve out a niche and get huge spots to get over).

I really liked E&C but the association with Michael Hayes early in their WWF made me a Hardys fan. I eventually came to really dislike both members of the Hardys, but in their early days as a tag team I was a big fan.

What's funny is if you asked me then who would end up being the one I liked the most, I would have said either Jeff Hardy or Edge. I liked both of them during their initial singles runs. However, I came to find both of them extremely overrated and hated Matt.

Back in the day I was a total Hardyz mark. Everything they did, I ate up; they always took everything to the next level and there was always that bond between them that no other team really had.

Looking back now, I really like E&C even though I'd hated them as a kid. It's a shame we'll never get to see one more match between these two.

For me, it was Edge and Christian all the way. I connected more with them being smarter in the ring, and waiting for the right moment instead of doing any stupid, crazy daredevil stunt they could. They had a way cooler entrance with them coming through the crowd, and, most importantly, THEY WERE WAY MORE ENTERTAINING! Seriously, I laughed so hard every time either one of them got on the mic, and seriously, five second poses are one of the best things wrestling has ever done.

I was a bigger fan of the Hardy Boyz back in the day because I just liked their high flying style better than the heel tactics of E & C. My opinion would probably be different if they had been in this era because I prefer heels far more today and ten years ago I always cheered the faces. I have to admit that even though I didn't like Edge & Christian back then I always made damn sure I had a camera ready for the 5 second pose at live events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back