• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Well, it's official - Steph Curry is better than LeBron James

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Gentleman, close the polls, the issue has been settled. Steph Curry is the best player in the league and maybe all time. How do I know this? Because his Golden State Warriors are up 3-2 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, and will likely win another championship.

You may be saying, "But Slyfox, look how poorly Steph has played in these finals! He didn't crack 20 points in the first three games, shot 8-21 (38%) in a possible closeout Game 5 (which means he's not clutch, right?), only 4.6 assists and less than 1 steal! He's only shooting 42% from the field, compared to James 50%. How can you say he's better?"

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how well he played, or that when LeBron has guarded him in the series, it usually has not turned out well for Curry. It doesn't matter because the Warriors are up 3 games to 2.

"But Slyfox, look at the incredible numbers LeBron has put up! He's averaging 28 points a game, including 41 in an elimination game (yes, yes, I know he's not clutch though, right?), 8 assists and 12 rebounds a game (including 16 in Game 5). He has undoubtedly been the most consistent and best player in the series. How can you say Steph is better?"

Because it doesn't matter how they play, silly. All that matters is that the Warriors are going to be 2-0 in the NBA Finals and LeBron will be 2-5. It doesn't matter that the Warriors have a better all around team or that Klay Thompson has easily been the best player for the Warriors in the playoffs, it's been Steph Curry who will win this title. And it doesn't matter that JR Smith has yet to figure out where they are playing the NBA Finals or that Kevin Love looks more lost than a 13 year old boy taking off a bra, LeBron is going to lose (not the Cavaliers, mind you, just LeBron) so obviously Steph Curry is the best player in the league.

So go ahead. I DARE you to refute this logic. At the end of the day, stats do not matter, ability to impact a game doesn't matter, the value brought to the team doesn't matter, teammates do not matter...all that matters is that Steph Curry is going to be 2-0 in the Finals and LeBron will be 2-5.

Steph > LeBron. It is indisputable.

It's nice to see you're finally admitting that to yourself ;)
What choice do I have, in light of recent events? Steph Curry is going to win the NBA Finals. He'll be 100% in NBA Finals. That means he has already passed Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Tim Duncan, etc. on the all-time lists. We're not sure yet if he's better than Chris Paul yet, because Chris Paul hasn't been to the NBA Finals, so nothing he's done yet has counted. But we do know Curry is better than Kareem and Karl Malone.

What choice do I have, in light of recent events? Steph Curry is going to win the NBA Finals. He'll be 100% in NBA Finals. That means he has already passed Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Tim Duncan, etc. on the all-time lists. We're not sure yet if he's better than Chris Paul yet, because Chris Paul hasn't been to the NBA Finals, so nothing he's done yet has counted. But we do know Curry is better than Kareem and Karl Malone.

Steph's the man, he's so good he can channel his powers and give them to Shaun Livingston or Draymond Green, just like in Space Jam.

How dare you imply that 13 year old boys aren't sexual dynamos.

In all seriousness, I don't even think it's fair for anyone (even a trolling Sly) to compare the two. Especially not yet. Curry doesn't have the history James has. James has been consistently great since he's come in. Curry has just begun to break out because he hasn't been in the league as long.

Also, they're not even close to the same type of player.

On a note that goes along with Sly's point a little. I was in OKC recently for some training and a guy in my class insisted all that mattered was rings to determine greatness. It started out comparing Jordan to Robert Horry, which is laughable by itself. I got to a point where I stated that that means Adam Morrison is better than Karl Malone. Yep. He still refused to admit he was wrong.

So this argument, even if made in a cascade of sarcasm, then loses all basis anyway and has become null and void by this time next week, right? You know, like a couple days after the Cavs have completed their comeback, and have been crowned NBA Champs?

You want to know what's really official? The manner to which I'll crap my pants if Bran makes his way to King's Landing and uses The Mountain as the new Hodor!

Also; Steph vs LeBron is all good. But neither of them will ever compare to Buckets Blakes of the Harlem Globetrotters. The Globetrotters are currently enjoying a 3,589 game win streak.

How dare you imply that 13 year old boys aren't sexual dynamos.

In all seriousness, I don't even think it's fair for anyone (even a trolling Sly) to compare the two.
I wasn't really. I was actually making another point.

On a note that goes along with Sly's point a little. I was in OKC recently for some training and a guy in my class insisted all that mattered was rings to determine greatness. It started out comparing Jordan to Robert Horry, which is laughable by itself. I got to a point where I stated that that means Adam Morrison is better than Karl Malone. Yep. He still refused to admit he was wrong.
This was the point I'm making.
Who is saying Steph is a better basketball player than LeBron?
Many people, but it's not really the point I'm making.

So this argument, even if made in a cascade of sarcasm, then loses all basis anyway and has become null and void by this time next week, right? You know, like a couple days after the Cavs have completed their comeback, and have been crowned NBA Champs?
If that happens, then Steph Curry can no longer be the best player in the NBA. It would be impossible for him to ever be the best, since he would no longer be undefeated.

Maybe it would then fall to Chris Paul? He's never lost an NBA Finals, right?

He has undoubtedly been the most consistent and best player in the series.

I would argue that Kyrie Irving has been the most consistent player in the series. Anyways, I like your sarcasm. I wouldn't crown Curry the best in the league over Lebron yet. Hell, idk if Curry could ever get that distinction because he's not much of an all around player. He's a great offensive player who has a knack for making bad shots and he's a great ball handler, but he's not much for defense or leadership. I already made a thread saying that despite Curry's stellar season, I still consider CP3 the best PG in the league.

Seriously, though, if the Cavs are to win this series, Lebron is going to have to look to perform like he did in game 5 all the time. He can't be indecisive and not looking to be aggressive. If Kyrie can keep it up along with Lebron and they get something from JR Smith or Love, they have an excellent chance of winning this series.

I hope they do.

Hell, idk if Curry could ever get that distinction because he's not much of an all around player. He's a great offensive player who has a knack for making bad shots and he's a great ball handler, but he's not much for defense or leadership. I already made a thread saying that despite Curry's stellar season, I still consider CP3 the best PG in the league.

Curry has led the league in steals the past two seasons, so clearly he's a much better defender than you give him credit for, and his team went 73-9 in the regular season largely because of him. If you think CP3 is a better point guard than him at this point, you're an idiot.

Curry has led the league in steals the past two seasons, so clearly he's a much better defender than you give him credit for
Getting steals and playing defense are not the same thing. You can be a terrible defender and still get steals and vice versa. Most quality steals are gotten off the ball, not on the ball. Sure, there will be the occasion where a steal comes from the on-ball defender, but someone who is constantly looking for on-ball steals generally tends to get beaten off the dribble quite a bit.

Steph has never impressed me with his on-ball defense and he seems lackadaisical off the ball. I'm sure trying to stay out of foul trouble plays a factor here, but it's just what I've noticed. And certainly the Cavs targeted him as much as possible during the Finals.

Curry has led the league in steals the past two seasons, so clearly he's a much better defender than you give him credit for, and his team went 73-9 in the regular season largely because of him. If you think CP3 is a better point guard than him at this point, you're an idiot.

Nice try trying to make yourself look superior, but you're the idiot here if you think Curry is anything more than a mediocre defender and just because he averaged the most points on his team does not mean he was the leader of that team. Honestly, Draymond Green showed more leadership on the floor throughout the season than Curry did. Also, about your 'steals' argument, Allen Iverson led the league in steals 3 times and was usually in the top 3 every season. Would you call him a good defender?

No, as I said, Curry is a great offensive player who has a knack for making bad shots. Unfortunately for him, those bad shots weren't falling in the Finals to often and they looked just like what they were, bad shots and he had no way whatsoever for even slowing Irving down. Sorry, Curry is not a greater player than Lebron and until he becomes even a decent two way player, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back