• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Well, Christmas, uh, holiday times are a-comin'!

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
I know there have been similar threads about people getting offended, but I think this holiday stuff deserves its own thread.

What is this shit lately of everyone getting pissed off if you hang Santa on your door? I'm already reading about people getting offended by the word Christmas, getting offended by Christmas trees, and pulling out a loaded glok pistol if you happen to say, "Merry Christmas."

I mean, what the fuck? I have to worry about a brick coming through my window if I put up a fake Santa, or being sued because other people in my building who don't celebrate Christmas may get offended. Sorry, but I really do need to use some colorful language here.

Fuck you. Screw all you people who try to manipulate other people's lives. Fuck all you people out there who have nothing, absolutely nothing better to do with your worthless, useless, meaningless, sad, miserable, pathetic, sickening, wretched, unproductive lives than complain and ruin other people's holiday.

Guess what? I was raised Catholic. I'll hang a picture of Santa, Rudolf, Frosty, Prancer and Dasher from my pecker if I want. And, you have a right to display whatever holiday ornaments you choose.

I'm not going to be offended if someone has a menorah put up. I'm not going to get offended by Kwanzaa decorations. That's your prerogative.

No one has bitched to me personally. But I keep reading shit in the paper about a "Holiday Tree." Well, what the fuck is a Holiday Tree? Am I supposed to make sure that the decorations on my CHRISTMAS tree have an ornament representing every religion, including the ones on Mars?

Fuck all these people. Fuck all these Scrooges, whiners, moaners and easily offended lumps of recycled carbon atoms.

I'm going to open a store called "Lives." You can come in and I'll sell you a fucking life really cheap, so you can stop annoying people.

By the way, Happy Holidays. :p

I never really got it either. At my job, we always put up a Christam Tree on one end of the lobby, and a mennorrah and Star of David on the other end. We'd get people complaining about both ends, and not just being happy that they're both there.

Around my house, Jewish people complain about the Christmas decorations, but then put a big inflatable menorrah in their front yard. People need to learn to just mind their own business, celebrate their way, and let everyone else celebrate theirs. I hate the saying "Happy Holidays". You're automatically assuming that person celebrates every single one, and that's a bold faced lie.

I'll say Merry Christmas, because that's what I celebrate, and you can say whatever you want back.

Look people will always complain about this sort of stuff, its human nature. Is it right? No. Are the people who complain douche bags to the max? Yes. But everyone has to be pleased in todays society because everyone has this fucked up notion that "Hey he has a Christmas Tree up and no Hanuka Candles, he must be racist", like fuck people suck it up, its a stupid fucking tree, who gives a shit, calm down.

The ironic thing is though that the same people who complain about establishments not having there religious holiday object around, are the same dam people who, if they were asked to put up a Christmas Tree or what have you, would say no dam way I don't believe in that religion, thus being major ( And to quote Chris Jericho ) "Hypocrites".

What we need to do as a society is to suck it the fuck up and calm down, stop getting all riled up about a dam tree or a whatever because for god sakes people haven't we matured as a people? Do these little things really bother us? If so then grow up.

P.S--- Happy Holidays.

We wish you a Merry Christmas :). I'm going to have the usual Santa figures in my window, and you're going to be able to see them. If anyone even attempted complaining I'd kick up such a fuss. My having Christmas decorations in MY house is my choice, and it isn't affecting anyone else. Seriously, who gets offended by this? We hear reports that someone has complained, or not to say Merry Christmas, but I've never ever heard one person support it. Probably because people like me would throw Christmas tress into their garden.

I honestly don't understand the obsession people have with controlling others behaviour. If it isn't affecting you, then I'm going to do it, and you have no right to complain. I'm going to sing we wish you a merry Christmas, and I'm going to have my huge Christmas tree and lots of Christmas decorations up. I don't give a damn how 'offended' you are. It means nothing, so get over it.

This kind of thing must be a bit dependant on where you live or whatsoever, and it really shows up the kind of ethnic desertification that Ireland has, but I have never heard of anyone complaining here about Christmas. Over here its a celebration we both share and I have never really heard people talking about the holidays- its just Christmas.

Talking about Christmas and religious coming together, there is a nice thing that happens in my town during Christmas Eve. The three main churches, Catholic, Church of Ireland and the Presbyterian all send ministers to attend the final masses that take place in each others church. So in our midnight mass, at the very end the Priest will invite the other ministers to say a few words. In my mind its just a very nice way to end it all on Christmas eve.

On the subject you guys have been discussing though, I don't know what I would do if someone started to object to me saying Christmas or putting up decorations. It would seem so strange and ridiculous.

I dress up as Santa for my little nieces and nephews every year. I can understand someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, such as a Jewish person saying. "Hey, I don't do celebrate that." Then I could correct myself, Happy Hanukkah!" Most people don't do that though, they get an attittude, and get pissy. It's not necessary. I love Christmas. I love the whole seasonal bit. I love looking at the CHRISTMAS decorations. I've walked down the street in my Santa costume, i've gotten glares. I don't care. I love Christmas, I love celebrating it. I'll shoot you a Happy Holidays or a Happy Hanukkah. Don't expect me to change up my entire terminology just because that offends you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back