Week 8: hiphopa-pokemon -versus- Lariat

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Should weekly shows be commercial free?

Lariat is the home debater, he gets to choose which side of the debate he is on first, but he has 24 hours.

Remember to read the rules. This thread is only for the debaters.

This round ends + 24 hours after Friday 1:00 pm Pacific

Weekly wrestling shows should definitely be commercial free, and I'm now going to explain why and I urge you all to agree with me.

It takes time away from the Entertainment.
Most weekly shows such as Raw, Smackdown and Impact are 2 hours. So you may say, "Wow, in 3 shows, I get 6 hours of wrestling action". Well, that's entirely wrong. As with all shows, commercials take up a lot of time. For every hour of the show, about 15 minutes are made up of commercials. These commercials take away from wrestling time. Think of what you can do with a half an hour a show. You could have a good match or two and a few promos. It might not make a huge difference when it comes to the WWE, because of the brand split. But what about for TNA. They have one show a week, where they try to fit in as much wrestlers and feuds as they possibly can. But it's impossible to fit a heavyweight division, knockout division, X division and a tag team division, all which (maybe excluding the X division at the moment) play a huge part in the company. The company is expanding in almost all ways, but one part isn't, and that's how long they have to showcase their talent each week. An extra half an hour could make a huge difference.

Before you say, "well, television shows get along well without the need for more time", think about the difference. TV shows have one, maybe 2 and a maximum of 3 stories going on per episode. They don't need to throw extra things in. But wrestling's different. Wrestling has multiple amounts of storylines that can benefit from more time, and also are able to put in matches to further entertain the fans. A good match between 2 randomers is entertaining, and can lead to more, but a random skit or exchange in a show is just unnecessary.

Commercials interrupt the flow of a match. How many times ahs it happened where they cut to commercial in the middle of a match, where you miss some of it and it interrupts the way you view it. Triple H could be on top against Orton, cuts to ads, and then you caome back and Orton's on top, but you only get a brief showing of how. In order to gain fully from a match, you need to watch the whole thing. Advertisements, rather like a nuisance, can prevent this.

Commercials are boring. Everybody hates them. I always switch the channel durng the commercials, just to give me something to occupy me. This can sometimes result in me missing the part just after the commercial, or even forget what I was watching in the first place if I find something else. It happens to us all.

Commercials are easily the most annoying thing about TV. They just waste your time, and half of them aren't even relevant to you. I can understand them being put in order TV shows, but they're not needed or wanted during wrestling for the previously stated reasons. And wrestling can do one thing some other shows can't, and that's endorse. They can say "Raw is brought to you today by fruity, tasty, fruity Skittles". That's just as good as ads, but takes up much less time.

And a way of making up for the commercial free shows, just charge a few extra quid per Pay per view. If a little bit more for my Pay per views meant I could watch an episode of Smackdown without ads, I'd take it, as would most.

So as I've said, commercial-free weekly shows should be used, as they take away from the wrestling time, interrupt the flow of a match, they're boring and a nuisance,and just aren't needed in wrestling.

I look forward to my opponents response, and wish him luck.

Although commercials are annoying and do interrupt the flow of some matches, they are necessary for the WWE to make the money it does to run three weekly shows.

Revenue = Money

In business to make a profit, you need to sell your product. With the WWE, 16 million people watch their programming per week. These facts are readily available on the WWE's corporate website, by the way. With 16 million people watching their shows weekly, it makes sense to have ads during their shows. According to Nielsen Media Research, the average break in action lasts from 90 seconds to 2 1/2 minutes. That's not a lot of time wasted. If you have 10 breaks in two hours, you're only losing 20 minutes out of 120 minutes, that's 100 minutes of programming that is able to be watched if the ads lasted two minutes in duration. This is a case of it making logical sense to sell advertising during their shows because there's still so much wrestling going on. Should the breaks be separated and more convenient instead of during matches? Probably, but that's smart business sense because you're already watching the match. Why not throw a 90 second break in there? Because many aren't counting on people turning the channel during a match.

Getting their name out there

Among the companies that sell advertising during their shows include Gillette, 7-Eleven, and Pepsi. Also, AT&T, Sony, KFC, and other major companies use the WWE as a tool to move their product. 70 percent of the people that watch the WWE are over 18, and 60 percent of those people are men, so the 18-49 male demographic is the biggest audience to buy into. All of this is according to Nielsen Media Research, and WWE's corporate site. The ads may be annoying, but are needed for the WWE to make a profit through other avenues besides their merchandise and PPV sales.

Pressure from the networks

It's all well and good to want commercial free television, but it's not just the product in general that suffers. It's the TV networks that air the programming. USA is owned by NBC Universal. Without commericals, NBC and Universal can't push their TV shows or movies during a time where possibly 5.5 million people could be watching Raw. It's not good business sense to not have commercials and for a network liky MyNetwork TV, not having commercials could put them out of business. It's not that the WWE doesn't really want to, it's that they HAVE to have commercials to keep the networks happy by airing and promoting their other products as well.

Although commercials are annoying and do interrupt the flow of some matches, they are necessary for the WWE to make the money it does to run three weekly shows.

Revenue = Money

In business to make a profit, you need to sell your product. With the WWE, 16 million people watch their programming per week. These facts are readily available on the WWE's corporate website, by the way.

Cool, I believe you.

With 16 million people watching their shows weekly, it makes sense to have ads during their shows. According to Nielsen Media Research, the average break in action lasts from 90 seconds to 2 1/2 minutes. That's not a lot of time wasted. If you have 10 breaks in two hours, you're only losing 20 minutes out of 120 minutes, that's 100 minutes of programming that is able to be watched if the ads lasted two minutes in duration.

But think about what, as I said, could be done with those 20 minutes. Many great matches have been that length. Not to say it's guranteed, but it's a possibility.

This is a case of it making logical sense to sell advertising during their shows because there's still so much wrestling going on. Should the breaks be separated and more convenient instead of during matches? Probably, but that's smart business sense because you're already watching the match. Why not throw a 90 second break in there? Because many aren't counting on people turning the channel during a match.

It's smart in the way it gets your name out there, but bad in the way it frustrates those watching the match. Do I want to be interrupted while I watch a match? No. Same with most people. And frustrating the consumer shouldn't be seen as "smart".

Getting their name out there

Among the companies that sell advertising during their shows include Gillette, 7-Eleven, and Pepsi. Also, AT&T, Sony, KFC, and other major companies use the WWE as a tool to move their product.

And as I said, a simple mention of the product for a few seconds by Jim Ross would suffice, no? No need for an ad, just get the commentator to say " Raw was brought to you today by Durex condoms". Simple.
70 percent of the people that watch the WWE are over 18, and 60 percent of those people are men, so the 18-49 male demographic is the biggest audience to buy into. All of this is according to Nielsen Media Research, and WWE's corporate site. The ads may be annoying, but are needed for the WWE to make a profit through other avenues besides their merchandise and PPV sales.

Sponsorship would be a perfectly viable way of getting in money. It helps everyone. The WWE get money, the sponsors get their name out there and advertised, and we get ad free shows.

Pressure from the networks

It's all well and good to want commercial free television, but it's not just the product in general that suffers. It's the TV networks that air the programming. USA is owned by NBC Universal. Without commericals, NBC and Universal can't push their TV shows or movies during a time where possibly 5.5 million people could be watching Raw. It's not good business sense to not have commercials and for a network liky MyNetwork TV, not having commercials could put them out of business. It's not that the WWE doesn't really want to, it's that they HAVE to have commercials to keep the networks happy by airing and promoting their other products as well.

A short, sweet banner at the bottom of the screen during a midcard match (like they used to do for Burn Notice I think, but I'm not sure if they still) would be a great, easy and quick way of advertising new shows without taking up peoples time.

Cool, I believe you.

I majored in this in college. NBD. :D

But think about what, as I said, could be done with those 20 minutes. Many great matches have been that length. Not to say it's guranteed, but it's a possibility.

But in that 20 minutes, they can generate a LOT of money. And they need that money. Cameras for their shows can cost as much as 800 thousand dollars. HD Cameras, sets, sound, and production are expensive, and they have to do this three times a week. With no time off in between. That's a whole lot of money that has to be generated to afford that, and by simply doing quick plugs won't do it. Actual 30 sec -1 min commercials will.

It's smart in the way it gets your name out there, but bad in the way it frustrates those watching the match. Do I want to be interrupted while I watch a match? No. Same with most people. And frustrating the consumer shouldn't be seen as "smart".

Think about this, it might frustrate you, but when you'll think about what was frustrating, you'll think of what product was airing. Like, 'OMG! That stupid Castrol commercial again!?' It may be frustrating, but it's a good idea by the AD/PR department in the WWE.

And as I said, a simple mention of the product for a few seconds by Jim Ross would suffice, no? No need for an ad, just get the commentator to say " Raw was brought to you today by Durex condoms". Simple.

They do that anyway, and as I was saying, simply mentioning the product won't suffice in a market where there's a need for airtime by companies to help afford production costs. I can see where it's bothersome to watch commercials. It bugs me when my sitcoms are interrupted, but without the revenue from those companies, that show might not air. Same goes for Raw or any other WWE program.

Sponsorship would be a perfectly viable way of getting in money. It helps everyone. The WWE get money, the sponsors get their name out there and advertised, and we get ad free shows.

Would you rather have random commercials during the show, or have Raw called "Applebees' WWE Monday Night Raw"? I'd much rather have the commercials. Sponsorship is the cheapest thing to do. It basically says, 'We can't afford this show without this sponsor." Whereas commercials say, "This product is buying OUR time to air their product." It's good business sense to have commercials and not cheapen it by having it sponsored. TNA's tacky ass ring is another pet peeve I have. With their 6 Hour Energy plug on the mat. Ridiculous.

A short, sweet banner at the bottom of the screen during a midcard match (like they used to do for Burn Notice I think, but I'm not sure if they still) would be a great, easy and quick way of advertising new shows without taking up peoples time.

That could work, but then again, it's USA and if USA wants to air 30 second plugs for their program, the WWE can't do much about it. In an ideal landscape, the WWE would have it's own channel that would air Raw, Smackdown, and ECW along with their vast library of old wrestling and original programming. Alas, we're stuck with the WWE still needing to buy airtime for their programs on other networks, which depend on ads to stay afloat.

I majored in this in college. NBD. :D

But in that 20 minutes, they can generate a LOT of money. And they need that money. Cameras for their shows can cost as much as 800 thousand dollars. HD Cameras, sets, sound, and production are expensive, and they have to do this three times a week. With no time off in between. That's a whole lot of money that has to be generated to afford that, and by simply doing quick plugs won't do it. Actual 30 sec -1 min commercials will.

It's not like they're buying cameras every week. They don't need to make that much every week. They also have merchandise sales that they can make money from. And ticket sales. And then they have the sponsors. They have manyt ways oif making money. Advertisements just aren't needed.

Think about this, it might frustrate you, but when you'll think about what was frustrating, you'll think of what product was airing. Like, 'OMG! That stupid Castrol commercial again!?' It may be frustrating, but it's a good idea by the AD/PR department in the WWE.

Or you can just say "OMG! Stupid ads. I'm changing the channel". Ads aren't made to be annoying.

They do that anyway, and as I was saying, simply mentioning the product won't suffice in a market where there's a need for airtime by companies to help afford production costs. I can see where it's bothersome to watch commercials. It bugs me when my sitcoms are interrupted, but without the revenue from those companies, that show might not air. Same goes for Raw or any other WWE program.

If they want airtime, they can just through in a short ad at the start or during the show when nothings happening. Just for a few seconds. Doesn't take up too much time, gets your name out there and makes sure people will watch. many people change during the commercials. But when a quick ad for Smarties pops up after a promo or match, then everyone will still be watching. They'll know they can't afford to change and miss some of the show, or just won't go through the bother for a 20 second ad.

And you wanted to get the name out there, so that would still be suitable.

Would you rather have random commercials during the show, or have Raw called "Applebees' WWE Monday Night Raw"? I'd much rather have the commercials. Sponsorship is the cheapest thing to do. It basically says, 'We can't afford this show without this sponsor." Whereas commercials say, "This product is buying OUR time to air their product." It's good business sense to have commercials and not cheapen it by having it sponsored. TNA's
tacky ass ring is another pet peeve I have. With their 6 Hour Energy plug on the mat. Ridiculous.

I'm not saying have the show named after it. Is TNA named "Stacker TNA Impact". And as for it being tacky, think of it as you want. But if that advertisement on the ring results in me getting to see what I love, then I'll happilly make the sacrifice.

That could work, but then again, it's USA and if USA wants to air 30 second plugs for their program, the WWE can't do much about it. In an ideal landscape, the WWE would have it's own channel that would air Raw, Smackdown, and ECW along with their vast library of old wrestling and original programming. Alas, we're stuck with the WWE still needing to buy airtime for their programs on other networks, which depend on ads to stay afloat.

I understand what you're saying about how it's up to USA on what they want to advertise and how they want to do it, that's fine. But more people can see a plug during the show, then during commercials. Everyone will be watching during the show, while much less will be watching during the Commercials. They need tothink of that as good marketing. I do. But then again, I'm no expert.

It's not like they're buying cameras every week. They don't need to make that much every week. They also have merchandise sales that they can make money from. And ticket sales. And then they have the sponsors. They have manyt ways oif making money. Advertisements just aren't needed.

If one of them breaks, then yea, they'll need to buy one. The thing is, commercials are necessary to get on a good network. It's not that the WWE needs it, it's that without those ads, the WWE might not have a place to put Raw, Smackdown, or ECW. Having commercials is a necessity to have a successful show and a profitable network.

Or you can just say "OMG! Stupid ads. I'm changing the channel". Ads aren't made to be annoying.

However, you're argument is based on how aggravated you are with them. Ads are made to advertise. Sure, it can be annoying to have 6 commercials back to back while wrestling is going on, but those commercials have to be there. It's not like the WWE can decide to NOT use commercials. It costs a LOT of money to forgo ad revenue and benefits that come with airing a commercial for a product endorsed by the WWE.

If they want airtime, they can just through in a short ad at the start or during the show when nothings happening. Just for a few seconds. Doesn't take up too much time, gets your name out there and makes sure people will watch. many people change during the commercials. But when a quick ad for Smarties pops up after a promo or match, then everyone will still be watching. They'll know they can't afford to change and miss some of the show, or just won't go through the bother for a 20 second ad.

I don't get what you're saying here. You're saying that the WWE could run commercials, only shorter and not as intruding as the previous ones. That sounds like you would tolerate commercials to me. If you're going to do that, may as well just run a full ad to get the name recognition out there and get that much needed revenue in for the network and the WWE. Running short ads do the same thing, but generate less money.

I'm not saying have the show named after it. Is TNA named "Stacker TNA Impact". And as for it being tacky, think of it as you want. But if that advertisement on the ring results in me getting to see what I love, then I'll happilly make the sacrifice.

Actually, having the ad in the ring doesn't change much, they still run quite a few commercials for Stacker and Spike TV's shows, which include UFC stuff. All TNA did was manage to make something sacred to most people into a billboard and that I don't like. The ring mat should be reserved for either the company logo or nothing at all. USWA's mat used to have Renegade tobacco on it. You know how tacky and cheap it made the whole promotion look? Running commercials during the show wouldn't hurt anything and would be a helluva lot better than having scrolling ads or pop ups during broadcasts. THAT would be awful.

I understand what you're saying about how it's up to USA on what they want to advertise and how they want to do it, that's fine. But more people can see a plug during the show, then during commercials. Everyone will be watching during the show, while much less will be watching during the Commercials. They need tothink of that as good marketing. I do. But then again, I'm no expert.

Neither am I, but I know what sells and what should and shouldn't be done when it comes to making any TV show profitable. Running ads gives people a break in the action. To go to the bathroom, make a sandwich, sort some coins, stare, etc. Ads serve numerous purposes. To advertise the product, to give the consumer a break from whatever they're watching, seeing as too much of something isn't a good thing, and to find an audience that likes their products. Commercials are a mild inconvenience compared to having pop ups or mini ads throughout the show. Imagine having the black Raw barricades covered in Coppertone, Ikea, or Budweiser logos like in baseball. To me, that would take away from the wrestling experience and make everything look cheap. Ads on your program basically say we're bleeding money and can't survive on our own. Commercials do the opposite of that. So in essence, commercials are not only tolerable, but needed to make your show work.

If one of them breaks, then yea, they'll need to buy one. The thing is, commercials are necessary to get on a good network. It's not that the WWE needs it, it's that without those ads, the WWE might not have a place to put Raw, Smackdown, or ECW. Having commercials is a necessity to have a successful show and a profitable network.

I won't argue that commercials are needed for networks, but not necessarily for Wrestling shows. I've said how wrestling shows can put on so much during these commercials, while it won't make a difference for a sitcom. And sitcoms can't have a quick pop up or plug during their show, unlike Raw.

However, you're argument is based on how aggravated you are with them. Ads are made to advertise. Sure, it can be annoying to have 6 commercials back to back while wrestling is going on, but those commercials have to be there. It's not like the WWE can decide to NOT use commercials. It costs a LOT of money to forgo ad revenue and benefits that come with airing a commercial for a product endorsed by the WWE.

Endorsements are exactly what I'm saying should happen. Rather than ads, have the name come up during the show.

I don't get what you're saying here. You're saying that the WWE could run commercials, only shorter and not as intruding as the previous ones. That sounds like you would tolerate commercials to me. If you're going to do that, may as well just run a full ad to get the name recognition out there and get that much needed revenue in for the network and the WWE. Running short ads do the same thing, but generate less money.

I'm not tolerating 2 minutes of ads, I'm tolerating a quick mention just for a few seconds. I could tolerate someone sticking a pin into me for around 15 to 20 seconds while I couldn't if they kept repeating it for a few minutes.

The short mentions may generate less money, but also in less time too. It's better for us though, which the WWE should also be thinking of.

Actually, having the ad in the ring doesn't change much, they still run quite a few commercials for Stacker and Spike TV's shows, which include UFC stuff.

I apologise for not knowing this, but It happens when I don't watch the actual channel because I don't live in America.

All TNA did was manage to make something sacred to most people into a billboard and that I don't like. The ring mat should be reserved for either the company logo or nothing at all. USWA's mat used to have Renegade tobacco on it. You know how tacky and cheap it made the whole promotion look? Running commercials during the show wouldn't hurt anything and would be a helluva lot better than having scrolling ads or pop ups during broadcasts. THAT would be awful.

I fail to see how a quick banner saying "Buy This" is worse than a long, dreary commercial.

Neither am I, but I know what sells and what should and shouldn't be done when it comes to making any TV show profitable. Running ads gives people a break in the action. To go to the bathroom, make a sandwich, sort some coins, stare, etc. Ads serve numerous purposes. To advertise the product, to give the consumer a break from whatever they're watching, seeing as too much of something isn't a good thing, and to find an audience that likes their products.

So you're basing this off "Someone wants to take a break from what they want to watch". And also, would it not be better for the watcher to choose when he wants to go rather than wait for a break. He can go during a Diva match. That's plenty of time.

And based off this, why would anyone watch PPVs? They don't have time for breaks.

Commercials are a mild inconvenience compared to having pop ups or mini ads throughout the show. Imagine having the black Raw barricades covered in Coppertone, Ikea, or Budweiser logos like in baseball. To me, that would take away from the wrestling experience and make everything look cheap. Ads on your program basically say we're bleeding money and can't survive on our own. Commercials do the opposite of that. So in essence, commercials are not only tolerable, but needed to make your show work.

2 things on what's bolded.

1: Is this not what all commercials are saying? It's saying "We need money". I'm not saying bringing in these sponsors with the commercial break, but instead of commericials.

2: Are these ads not also saying "We're doing this do you don't have to sit through boring commercials."

I won't argue that commercials are needed for networks, but not necessarily for Wrestling shows. I've said how wrestling shows can put on so much during these commercials, while it won't make a difference for a sitcom. And sitcoms can't have a quick pop up or plug during their show, unlike Raw.

A pop up, to me, is much more annoying than just a simple break during the action. And it goes back to the average two hour show having over 90 minutes of actual programming. As of right now, the WWE has a tough time filling the time it has much less two hours of no commercials. Also another factor in why commercials are needed. What if something goes wrong during a match? An injury or someone breaks kayfabe and beats the piss out of someone. With no commercials, it would simply air and everything would not only be seen by the live audience, but by millions on TV as well. Not good for the WWE. Whereas if there was a commercial or two to get the cameras off of what's happening, then no one except the live audience would know what's happening. Not only are commercials needed for monetary purposes, but it also gives a live show the break it needs to gather itself if there was something that went wrong.

Endorsements are exactly what I'm saying should happen. Rather than ads, have the name come up during the show.

Pop ups and 'endorsements' would be more annoying to me than commercials because you see a good match, then a pop up for Barbasol comes up. Tell me that wouldn't be annoying. Pop ups and endorsements reflect programming that's cheap. Even though the WWE isn't money hungry, it would look like it with ads and pop ups all over their TV screens.

I'm not tolerating 2 minutes of ads, I'm tolerating a quick mention just for a few seconds. I could tolerate someone sticking a pin into me for around 15 to 20 seconds while I couldn't if they kept repeating it for a few minutes.

The short mentions may generate less money, but also in less time too. It's better for us though, which the WWE should also be thinking of.

And less money means more pressure from the networks to have a better product to generate money, too. If you're making good money from ad revenue, you can have a product that's less than perfect and compensate for that with the ad profits made. And the WWE thinks of its fans by offering nearly 8 hours of wrestling per week WITH ads. That's a lot of original wrestling even with commercials.

I apologise for not knowing this, but It happens when I don't watch the actual channel because I don't live in America.

Well, Spike TV is what airs TNA in the United States. And they still have the same ad times the WWE, WITH the stupid ad in the middle of the ring. So they not only bastardize the squared circle, but they still have the same ad time.

I fail to see how a quick banner saying "Buy This" is worse than a long, dreary commercial.

Because IT interrupts the flow of the match as much as the commercial would, PLUS the commercial would generate more cash and revenue than a banner would. And a commercial's a bigger sell for the company than a banner would be. If I owned a company, I'd pay the extra cash to have a 30 second spot between the first hour of Raw than to have a banner or pop up during a match.

So you're basing this off "Someone wants to take a break from what they want to watch". And also, would it not be better for the watcher to choose when he wants to go rather than wait for a break. He can go during a Diva match. That's plenty of time.

And based off this, why would anyone watch PPVs? They don't have time for breaks.

I'm factoring in the fact that ALL wrestling is acceptable to watch and would not want to be interrupted. Therefore, when commercial time comes on, you take a leak or make a sandwich. And people watch the PPV's for the matches. Typically, storyline building is done and the actual matches take place, which is why ads aren't needed. That and the PPV buys would offset any losses they have due to no commercials.

2 things on what's bolded.

1: Is this not what all commercials are saying? It's saying "We need money". I'm not saying bringing in these sponsors with the commercial break, but instead of commericials.

2: Are these ads not also saying "We're doing this do you don't have to sit through boring commercials."

Commercials say, "We're buying airtime for our product during this show." Commercials advertise their product and make it known to a wide audience. The object of advertising is to get the name out there in the most marketable way possible. Plus in doing commercials, you give the company the ability to create their own ads, as opposed to the WWE customizing the ads the way they want them presented. It works out great for all sides, and no one's the worse for wear. Annnnnnd...the quality of product doesn't go down because of pop ups or ads around the arena or the ring mat.

Clarity Of Debate: Hip did the best job at keeping his post together. He doesn't get this point often, but he gets it now.

Punctuality: Hip took his ball. Lariat took this point.

Informative: I think that the Lariat did the best job of putting forth information. He went on the offensive and left Hip to battle against that.

Emotionality: Turned into a bit of a Guerrilla War didn't it? It is hard to beat a cornered man in raw aggression. Hip knows this, and gets the point.

Persuasion: Lariat gets this, and I believe it is the match point. Why? Well all we have to do is compare what he has said to what has become obvious with the WWE's attempt to go commercial free. He used that to his advantage.

TM rates this 3 points Lariat, 2 points Hip.

Clarity: Both started out great, and both were very clear debates.

Point: Split

Punctuality: What TM said.

Point: Lariat

Informative: Lariat gets this point. He put forth the better information of not only probable research, but he also majored in it during college. Not only putting out information, but actually being able to know what it takes is an extreme advantage.

Emotionality: Hip was trying to grind it out against a tough opponent.

Point: hiphopa-pokemon

Persuasion: Lariat studied this subject in school, knew what he was talking about, and presented a great argument.

CH David scores this Lariat 3.5, hiphopa-pokemon 1.5.

Clarity: Hiphopa's posts were much easier to read through without the filler

Punctuality: Lariat

Informative: Lariat just had the better information, that is all

Emotionality: hiphopa showed his passion here, he gets the point for fighting on

Persuasion: Lariat worked harder for his win

This one is

hiphopa-pokemon - 2
Lariat - 3

Clarity Of Debate - Both opening arguments were nicely organized.

Punctuality - Read TM's Post.

Informative - Good job on the research, Lariat.

Emotionality - I think both guys fully believed in what they were selling.

Persuasion - Lariat, man, you brought your A-game into this debate. Besides being commonsensical, your argument also persuaded me that commercials may indeed benefit both WWE and its viewers.

tdigle's Score

Lariat - 4
Hippopotamus - 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo