• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We the People vs TNA

Alex_U

Dark Match Winner
Hello gents and ladies.

First and foremost I would like to start this off by saying just how much TNA is a good product, has (at times) very entertaining wrestling matches, and has a roster full of some of the most talented guys in the business.

Now with that said, WTF are they thinking over there. Here is a link to a page where fans bluntly criticized there last attempt to a shocking surprise, Link.

I know in the past that EB and Vince do not think that the IWC is anything to fear, but guess what people. We are! The web is used by Hundreds of millions of people everyday. Why can we start a campaign, email lists, send msgs to other wrestling websites and try to get the attention of as many TNA viewers as possible and send them a msg this week? Let’s turn to another channel, let’s turn of the DVR's. If you want to see it that bad, someone will end up watching it and posting it to YouTube.

We can start something that could really change the way that product is driven.

Well we can try, anyone else out there willing to help in the efforts to change that company?

Because in all seriousness, what other wrestling do we have right now?

WWE? Miz vs Cena? Really.......

Come on.

Sorry, here is the link

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-tons-of-tna-fans-disappointed-by-3311-angle-124815

The reason is simple, we can start a petition or something to voice our concern, but for each person that sign the petition they are many that are satisfied with what they are seeing.

Ok here is a small fact, the Iwc isn't to be feared. Lets get this straight people, just because we have views dosen't state that we can change multi million dollar company. As much as we will bitch for years we won't get shit done. Because believe it or not, Tna does have a fan base that is willing to pay to see the shows and get other things from the company.

Us the Iwc makes up a VERY SMALLLLLLL percentage of the views. We can bitch, we can send in letters, but untill Panda Energy and Spike stops paying them we can't do shit. It would take at the very least a quarter drop in their weekly views for them to stop and take a look at their product. So us being the small minority will never be able to stop them, take a look back and chill the fuck out. If you don't like the stuff that is on Tna or Wwe go do somthing else

If you want to let Dixie Carter know how you feel, do the same as those people and post to her Twitter.

However, the IWC is a very small percentage of the wrestling fanbase, and it is unlikely that anything said online will really affect the direction of TNA programming, however much we want it to.

If you dont like TNA or WWE, then have a look at ROH, CZW, Lucha Libre, Japanese wrestling or any of the many indie companies who post stuff on Youtube. There is some wrestling out there for everyone

I like TNA I think they have some unbelievable talent on their roster and when i say that I dont include Jeff or Matt Hardy in there. I like the actual TNA wrestlers. I like Hernandez, AJ Styles, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Samoa Joe Etc. TNA has tons of talent.. what they dont have is good business people running the company. Dixie Carter is an absolute Jackass!!! She brought in Hogan and Bischoff to turn TNA into a copy of the WWE. They are trying to recreate the attitude era and they are failing horribly. I dont want them to try to be the WWE. WWE is WWE and thats fine I watch it for that. I watch TNA because I want to see wrestling leave the drama to WWE. TNA needs to set itself apart from WWE be an alternative to it. That doesnt mean copy it or consistantly refer to it on a regular basis and have WWE ignore you which makes TNA look even worse. WWE hasn't even once remotley fired back at TNA...Why?? Cause TNA is bringing nothing to the table that worries the WWE. TNA needs to get rid of Hogan and Bischoff bring someone behind the seens that knows wrestling and how to be different, Fire Russo and begin an era in TNA that actually is memorable in a good way not the way they are not by taking pot shots at WWE and not even getting noticed its pathetic on TNA's part.

If you want to let Dixie Carter know how you feel, do the same as those people and post to her Twitter.

However, the IWC is a very small percentage of the wrestling fanbase, and it is unlikely that anything said online will really affect the direction of TNA programming, however much we want it to.

If you dont like TNA or WWE, then have a look at ROH, CZW, Lucha Libre, Japanese wrestling or any of the many indie companies who post stuff on Youtube. There is some wrestling out there for everyone

You don't think we post to her Twitter? I'm sure her Twitter and Facebook gets BOMBARDED by posts telling her how bad the product is, the simple fact is, she doesn't care, she thinks her, Hogan, Jarrett, Bischoff and Russo know what wrestling fans want, but the fact is It's not the 1980's and 1990's. They have no clue what fans today want.

You don't think we post to her Twitter? I'm sure her Twitter and Facebook gets BOMBARDED by posts telling her how bad the product is, the simple fact is, she doesn't care, she thinks her, Hogan, Jarrett, Bischoff and Russo know what wrestling fans want, but the fact is It's not the 1980's and 1990's. They have no clue what fans today want.

Maybe. But the fact that their ratings are still constant indicates that while people bombard her twitter and/or facebook accounts there are many other that will watch the product no matter what.

Let me start by saying I am not a TNA fan. I think the product leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not that bad. They are going the best they can. I still watch, and read spoilers. My biggest complaint of the product is, I never know who is a heel or face. It seems like as soon as I have it figured out, it changes. I've never seen so many turns. I would love to see TNA figure out a direction and stick with it for a while. Seems like Dixie may have too many people in her ear trying to convince her to do this or that. Whatever it is, I'd love for TNA to get better and actually compete with WWE.

F'N WWE STANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go look at this link http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-tons-of-tna-fans-disappointed-by-3311-angle-124815 with tweets to @DixieCarter. Every f'n thing out for their dumb mouths has WWE in it. THESE ARE NOT TNA FANS!!!!!!!!!

Morris272: Sting in WWE would of been great in TNA its boring and predictable.

^^^^^
THIS IS NOT A TNA FAN. THIS IDIOT IS A WWE STAN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE TNA DON'T WATCH. PLAIN & SIMPLE.

Sorry my friend but I am more of a TNA fan than a WWE fan and I am saying the same thing around on those board.

I am frustrated that TNA think that signing Sting matter and is any relevant in the wrestling world.

Sting to WWE got the buzz and would have been great because a Sting vs Taker match would have been awesome.

Sting to TNA is just a return and it's not special.

While I won't say that THAT guy isn't a WWE fan or any other on her twitter, it's possible to like a federation and still think they are doing some things wrong, otherwise it's called being a fanboy.

I will make this real simple so even the Smarky of Smarks can understand, If YOU dont LIKE a product, do NOT watch. Its seriously not that hard. Im not really a fan of ROH, so i dont really ever watch that product, Doesnt mean its not a good company, I just dont watch it, its crazy i have this thing called a tv remote so i can change the channel. Thank You that is all. BTW watch DGUSA! :eek:)

Hey I was just thinking for an instance & I told myself are you beginning a campaign and win just like that?really?Well let me tell u something bro.im just behind you.but u yourself now that all this wont change anything.

Starting and internet bashing segment won't really help whatever direction TNA is going. The internet was something decent when WCW was around, and it got some bashing, and it crashed.

What it comes right down to it, Dixie and TNA management will always do things like this, because it's what they know. Hell, a bunch of people are buzzing about this, and yes it's negative buzz, but it's buzz none the less.

I do think though, maybe some of us, who have this high passion for the business, should find ways to get into the business. See what it takes to be a booker or a commentator, build up a resume and send it to these companies.

Maybe some us might get lucky, and get a whole playground like Paul Heyman did, and create a wrestling revolution.

Dixie probably enjoyed the bashing, cause that means she knows people are watching the product, or at least checking it out.

But, I still think they are dumb for having a taped show. I mean, c'mon!

I know in the past that EB and Vince do not think that the IWC is anything to fear, but guess what people. We are! The web is used by Hundreds of millions of people everyday. Why can we start a campaign, email lists, send msgs to other wrestling websites and try to get the attention of as many TNA viewers as possible and send them a msg this week? Let’s turn to another channel, let’s turn of the DVR's. If you want to see it that bad, someone will end up watching it and posting it to YouTube.

Vince and TNA shouldn't fear the IWC, the rest of the fans should. From my gathering of your "crusade" since I've been on here - it seems to be a very one-dimensional view of how wrestling should move away from the entertainment side (something that made it what it is today) and go towards the independent strictly ballet of wrestling moves side. And that's just a terrible idea. Because of people like you there are people like Daniel Bryan running around boring people to death with the now-pointless Intercontinental Title (or is it the US Title? Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore - they're both dead these days).

We can start something that could really change the way that product is driven.

You can and you have. That, and the lack of competition, are the two biggest reasons that wrestling these days has significantly declined. But the trick is, they trick you into thinking that it's much "better" and more profitable...when basically it's just because there's more advertisements, merchandise, and other ways to make money today than they ever had before. That aspect has very little to do with the product improving. WWE can afford the declining product and keep people watching based on previous reputation and legacy and make even more money than they did before through these new techniques giving off the illusion that it's "better" today when it's not.

Well we can try, anyone else out there willing to help in the efforts to change that company?

Please don't try any more. Gather up your troops and go away. Please. The rest of us are raising our white flags. Whatever your agenda was - you successfully ganged up on everybody else who liked it the way it was and ruined it.

Because in all seriousness, what other wrestling do we have right now?

Only the one-dimensional very lacking product you and the rest of the IWC has campaigned for, that's all. The "entertainment" aspect is on life support.

You see, what the IWC people don't understand is the big picture. For us slightly older fans (I'm 28) and wrestling scholars -the majority of the greatest matches of all time under consideration are those consisting of wrestlers who were never really all that "good" at wrestling according to the IWC. I.E. (but not limited to) Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior, etc.

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero could have beaten the hell out of each other in match considered "the greatest IWC match of all time" and it wouldn't have held a candle to any of those matches. It just wouldn't. You know why? Because there are so many other factors involved that actually may be more important than just the ballet the guys are performing on stage. Wrestlers used to be built up and more importantly - their feuds were strategically build up to make the match that much better. The wrestlers would be built up with attractive theme music, wrestling attire, and most importantly, personality. Something wrestlers these days seem to be lacking extremely - which may be due to your online groups crusade of nonsense.

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant - Neither of which were ever in a million years considered good wrestlers, yet both are some how 2 of the most (if not the 2 most) popular and legendary of all time. How did that happen if they were such terrible "wrestlers" though? Well - common sense tells me it was because everything else was that much better. The build up, the theme songs, the personality, everything was so perfect...that they could be as mediocre as they were and still go down in history as one of the best matches of all time and even the best "wrestlers" of all time.

It's not all just backflips and somersalts. Like any other business - you need to have the total package of everything...and believe it or not (I know you don't want to hear this) - the "wrestling" part? That might actually be the lowest priority - as history, statistics, and facts seemed to have proven.

Vince and TNA shouldn't fear the IWC, the rest of the fans should. From my gathering of your "crusade" since I've been on here - it seems to be a very one-dimensional view of how wrestling should move away from the entertainment side (something that made it what it is today) and go towards the independent strictly ballet of wrestling moves side. And that's just a terrible idea. Because of people like you there are people like Daniel Bryan running around boring people to death with the now-pointless Intercontinental Title (or is it the US Title? Oh well, it doesn't matter anymore - they're both dead these days).

You can and you have. That, and the lack of competition, are the two biggest reasons that wrestling these days has significantly declined. But the trick is, they trick you into thinking that it's much "better" and more profitable...when basically it's just because there's more advertisements, merchandise, and other ways to make money today than they ever had before. That aspect has very little to do with the product improving. WWE can afford the declining product and keep people watching based on previous reputation and legacy and make even more money than they did before through these new techniques giving off the illusion that it's "better" today when it's not.

Please don't try any more. Gather up your troops and go away. Please. The rest of us are raising our white flags. Whatever your agenda was - you successfully ganged up on everybody else who liked it the way it was and ruined it.

Only the one-dimensional very lacking product you and the rest of the IWC has campaigned for, that's all. The "entertainment" aspect is on life support.

You see, what the IWC people don't understand is the big picture. For us slightly older fans (I'm 28) and wrestling scholars -the majority of the greatest matches of all time under consideration are those consisting of wrestlers who were never really all that "good" at wrestling according to the IWC. I.E. (but not limited to) Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior, etc.

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero could have beaten the hell out of each other in match considered "the greatest IWC match of all time" and it wouldn't have held a candle to any of those matches. It just wouldn't. You know why? Because there are so many other factors involved that actually may be more important than just the ballet the guys are performing on stage. Wrestlers used to be built up and more importantly - their feuds were strategically build up to make the match that much better. The wrestlers would be built up with attractive theme music, wrestling attire, and most importantly, personality. Something wrestlers these days seem to be lacking extremely - which may be due to your online groups crusade of nonsense.

Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant - Neither of which were ever in a million years considered good wrestlers, yet both are some how 2 of the most (if not the 2 most) popular and legendary of all time. How did that happen if they were such terrible "wrestlers" though? Well - common sense tells me it was because everything else was that much better. The build up, the theme songs, the personality, everything was so perfect...that they could be as mediocre as they were and still go down in history as one of the best matches of all time and even the best "wrestlers" of all time.

It's not all just backflips and somersalts. Like any other business - you need to have the total package of everything...and believe it or not (I know you don't want to hear this) - the "wrestling" part? That might actually be the lowest priority - as history, statistics, and facts seemed to have proven.

That's a very realistic and well thought out post ! I just wish that there were more people out there that realize that the style of wrestling these out of touch assclowns want is dead! And it died a long time ago!

But we have these fools constantly longing for a style of wrestling that's nowhere to be found on T.V . anymore! Yet they want TNA to do something that doesn't work anymore! Paul Heyman said the Old School Pro Wrestling business died In 1993 and here we are in 2011 and people still act like that's what works. Well it obviously doesn't or somebody will be doing on National T.V.!

Their not but Roh fans think Spike should drop TNA for Roh! Really! TNA was ROH before they went to spike and spike wants a WWE style show and please don't say go to another network! Ask Roh about finding another network that wants old school wrestling and you probably won't find one!

Listen, if you don't like the moves TNA makes - don't watch. Bad, or good, some people like them, some don't. If TNA succeeds with that sort of thing - all power to them. If they die because of stuff like that - well it's their damn fault and they deserved it.

TNA won't change because of the IWC. Your voice will be unheard, your opinion will not matter, ever. It's not TNA being stupid, it's not TNA ignoring you, it's the fact that if a few customers voice their complaints on the fucking INTERNET, I highly doubt that this business will turn its business strategy upside down so they can please these select few.

You wanna send TNA a message? You want to show them you don't like the product? Fine. Why are you still here? Why are you bitching? What's the ONLY way TNA will notice a dissatisfaction with their current direction? Anyone?

THAT'S RIGHT! Ya got it - ratings! Here's the way ...

Don't like it -> Don't watch it -> TNA loses a viewer -> TNA loses more viewers -> The ratings plummet -> TNA is forced to take action and switch things around.

That's the correct way to do it. You're doing this..

Don't like it -> You still watch it -> You go on the Internet after you watch it, crying about how bad it is -> TNA kept a viewer -> You watch it next week -> TNA kept a viewer -> You moan about it on the Internet -> the cycle continues.

Now if you DON'T watch it, but still shit on it, that's just plain ignorance. So, watch it, if you don't like it - switch the channel and hope more people do so. Simplest thing in the world.

F'N WWE STANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go look at this link http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-tons-of-tna-fans-disappointed-by-3311-angle-124815 with tweets to @DixieCarter. Every f'n thing out for their dumb mouths has WWE in it. THESE ARE NOT TNA FANS!!!!!!!!!

Morris272: Sting in WWE would of been great in TNA its boring and predictable.

^^^^^
THIS IS NOT A TNA FAN. THIS IDIOT IS A WWE STAN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE TNA DON'T WATCH. PLAIN & SIMPLE.

I agree with this 100%.
problem is, I think a large number of TNA fans are also fans of the WWE. if it came down to one or the other, fans would go with WWE which has been around a lot longer and has no threat of ever going anywhere. people assume what happened to WCW to put them out of business, and some of the same people are working for TNA.
TNA can't win.

So I have let this post sit for a couple of days to see what type of answers I got. And so far the lamest are all those who responded in some way or fashion "If you don't like it turn it". Are you all so stupid you cannot read the very first paragraph of my post? I am a fan people and I want to watch the product.

I am simply seeing if there are people out there that want to see the bar raise in TNA instead of just watch what we are being thrown together by ALL OLD WWE EXECUTIVES!!!! For f' sake people cant you think of some better material.

Smarks, IWC.. Blah blah blah, who thinks that this is a “Small" percentage? Who has actually ever calculated how many people look at wrestling sites daily? You guys are seriously delusional. Isn't it funny when a HUGE star is about to return and entire stadium knows about it before it even happeneds...... Gosh I guess it’s just all those people have ESP and just know this shit is going to happen. Ever wrestling fan over the age of 13 has more than likely been on a website dedicated to spoilers, news and other related stories. Stop kidding yourselves.

TMZ website sees over 10million visits per day and all that site does is gossip about loser celebs.

P/s: thank you for those that took the time to respond seriously to my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back