• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We Don't Want To See Cena vs Orton at WrestleMania!?..

I recall hearing Orton saying a couple of weeks ago that he was done with being nice. Cena is back and there isn't really any need to have Orton be the face any more. Personally, I think that promo was Orton signalling to us that he is going to be turning heel again soon.

While I wouldn't mind seeing a heel Orton vs. face Cena at Mania, I don't think it's going to happen. We have to remember that the WWE didn't turn Orton face..the fans did. Who's to say he can turn heel again so quickly? He's done some rather rotten things as a face, and still gets cheered like crazy.

Another reason I don't think heel Orton vs. face Cena will happen is that particular feud is old. We have seen that several times, even at Mania 24.

Tweener Orton vs. babyface Cena is probably the biggest draw WWE has right now, maybe with the exception of Cena vs. Taker. Cena and Orton always work well together, so having a good match isn't a stretch at all. If WWE ever wants to have face Orton vs. face Cena, in the main event at Mania, I think this is the year, and I would more than happy to see it..as long as Orton wins :)

Judging from Orton's promo prior to the Cage match, one might assume that he is turning heel but if you look at the roster, it does not really make much sense to turn him. There are three main event heels on Raw namely Miz, Sheamus and Punk. You need three babyfaces to counter them and ideally they should be Orton, Cena and a returing Triple H.

While I would not mind to see Orton vs Cena at Wrestlemania, I don't think that it would happen. I don't think that the feud between Cena and Punk will be over by Elimination Chamber and ideally you would need at least a month to build an epic feud between Cena and Orton.

This has the potential to be a Rock vs Austin type encounter but I don't feel the rivalry between Orton and Cena can reach those levels of intensity. I'd like to see them interact more and maybe not respect each other that much. Or you could make it that Orton is obsessed to beat Cena or vice versa. If two babyfaces that respect each other face off in the main event of WrestleMania, I do not think that the feud will be good enough to get the fans interested despite Orton's tweener character. WWE really needs to spice up this feud if they want the two to face off at WrestleMania.

The WWE dropped the ball on this thing being any type of mega feud years ago. Cena vs. Orton should have been this eras Rock vs. Austin, Hogan v. Warrior, Hart vs. Michaels or whatever huge feud you wish to enter.

The WWE did an excellent job in keeping these two separated from each other during their early careers. Orton was tied up with Evolution, while Cena was cutting his teeth on Smackdown. 2005 hits, and both guys swap show with as little as an eye being batted at one another.

Fast forward to the 2008 Royal Rumble, Cena wins out of nowhere, setting up the first big match between these two. Cena vs. Orton, Wrestlemania 24. Now not to do a complete shit fit, but someone somehow some way manages to be put in this match for no apparent reason, and the Cena vs. Orton Mania match becomes a forgettable Triple threat.

Fast Forward to the next year, Wrestlemania 25. Cena is the Raw champ, Orton wins the Royal Rumble, looks fine and dandy. Instead of the logical matches of Cena vs. Orton, and Edge vs. Triple H, the WWE decides to be sneaky and pull a swerve, which ends up leading to one of the worst main events in Wrestlemania history.

The WWE has had an opportunity to create a mega feud, and dropped the ball twice. This feud has been done now, outside of the bright lights of Wrestlemania, and it has taken the luster and shine off of it. I would love for Orton and Cena to mean something, but it simply doesn't anymore.

I'm actually not so sure what it is that has kept WWE from pairing these two at Wrestlemania.

Basically it's one of the only two pairings that has yet to happen of the "semi-new" generation of main eventers. Batista, Triple H, Randy Orton and John Cena being the bigger stars of the past 10 years. Batista vs Randy Orton and Randy Orton vs John Cena are the only match-ups we haven't had in a one on one situation at Wrestlemania.

With the minor pitch yesterday of John Cena vs Randy Orton being a Wrestlemania worthy match, I can't help but think it might actually be a possibility this year. And I would most certainly love to see it, because of the sheer magnitude the match would have. Sure they've had their feuds before that has clashed on numerous other Pay Per Views, but there's no doubt whatsoever that these two will be able to create magic again, and are the definition of Austin / Rock of the past 5 years time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happening at Wrestlemania, hell I'd love to see it happening. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see WWE going in a completely different direction, which one is a tough question though.

I completely agree. Cena and Orton is a dream match, but they have faced off some times like you said, that I don't know if that many people would want these 2 guys to take up a Wrestlemania main event. It might happen though, and I don't know how I feel about that.

On one hand, I think that it would be awesome because these 2 guys are such huge rivals, and have such a storied rivalry, and they could have one of the best build ups in history. But on the other hand, I am not too happy because of the amount of PPVs these guys have main evented and how long they have been fighting for the title, and also, wasn't their Ironman match from 2009 supposed to be their last?? Wasn't it supposed to end their feud?? That's also why I'm not sure if I am happy about these 2 headlining Wrestlemania.

This is like Austin/Taker from '98 it seems. Yeah, they'd fought before on PPV, but there careers had both taken different turns. 'Taker's feud with Kane brought even more appeal to him, and Austin had become the biggest star in the biz. The show drew over 700 000 buys.

Cena and Orton being both faces, readying for an epic like Hogan/Warrior showdown, would have its appeal, but I can't see it really upping Wrestlemania's buys from last year. At least not significantly anyway.

The fact is, even though it has been over a year and a half, we've seen them battle on PPV, in late 2009, in an I Quit match that was psychotic, and an Ironman match that was both good and just plain bad at times (I'm sure you know which spot I'm talking about). Both shows drew well below 200 000 buys. I say hold off, it's still fresh in the minds of fans, and the rivalry is always acknowledges, and we've even seen them go at it on free TV, so I don't see these two headlining against one anoter at Wretlemania, as good as it may be, making a lick of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back