WCW Tampa, Round 2, Match 3: #8 Davey Boy Smith vs. #40 Big John Studd

DAvey Boy vs. Studd

• Bulldog

• Big John

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, the ring and entrance are equal height, from Tampa Fl.

#8. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
R.I.P%2BDavey%2BBoy%2BSmith.jpg

vs.

#40. Big John Studd

big-john-studd.jpg

Davey. Studd was nothing but power. He's stronger than Smith, but not strong enough that he negates Smith's power. Smith has shown he has more than just a power game, and I can picture him powerslamming Studd. If he can't he'd be able to use something else to pin him. Smith after a hard fought one.

The Bulldog will beat Studd. Studd was a big man in the 80's, but compared to the brute strength and agility of Davey Boy, I have to put the Bulldog over BJS. Besides, Studd was an overrated big man and if he were to debut today, he wouldn't be as powerful as he was in the 80's.

Bulldog with the Bulldog Slam FTW.

Studd was sheer brute force. He was a big, impressive and intimidating guy no doubt about that. Studd, however, I don't believe was as strong as Davey Boy. I remember back in the 90s, back when Davey and Lex Luger and formed a tag team back in the WWF, Mabel, better known now as Big Daddy V, was on his back and had him in a kind of nerve lock. Smith got up onto his knees and hoisted Mabel up on his shoulders and gave him the electric chair. Now, reportedly, Mable or V or whatever you wanna call him was heavier then than he was during his last run in WWE.

Davey had strength, speed, athleticism...Studd's outmatched here overall. Even though he was roughly a foot taller and about 100 pounds heavier, he's just outmatched here. At the very least, Davey is his equal in strength and strength was all Studd has. Davey takes this in probably about the 10 minute mark.

I wasn't sure that Davey could pull this off, but if ti's true that he lifted Mabel, then Studd should provide nothing of a problem. On vintage collection last night they had Davey winning a battle royal at Albert Hall and it really hammered home the point that he was an immensely powerful guy, but he had enough to his game elsewhere to dispatch of someone more powerful than himself, as is the case here.

Davey with a somewhat easy win. All Davey has to do is run circles around him, wave to the crowd, maybe give John a few punches, run a few more circles around him and then go to the back for a drink before Big John Studd even knows the match as started and once he has realised it has started, Davey will hit is finisher for the win.

Davey Boy in a pure power matchup. Not often is Davey out powered, but Studd holds that edge. Davey Boy has the speed and athleticism to counter Studd's power. It takes him a few tries, but he hits the running powerslam and sends the big man home.

Davey with the win after an epic delayed vertical suplex. Big John Studd may start the match using his size to overpower Davey, but it wouldn't be long until he was on his back, and being throw around. Once Bulldog got on a roll, there wasn't much to slow him down.

I'm going with the upset in Studd, and I guess only one other person sees taht besides me. Davey Boy is going to have to use a ton of energy to simply wear the big man down enough for him to even attempt a power slam, and that's not even takign into account that he'll probably fail on several occasions.

The powerslam means taht you have to get the big man on your shoulders, and have him subdued long enough to run across the ring with him on your shoulders, and I simply can't see DAvey Boy being able to do that. All it takes is one power move from Studd, and this match is over, whereas the Bulldog has to work probably one of his hardest matches ever to simply wear the big man out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back