WCW Tampa, Round 1, Match 8: #24 Kerry Von Erich vs. #41. Homicide

Kerry Von Erich vs. Homicide

• Texas Tornado

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules, from Tampa, Fl. The ring entrance and ring are equal height.

#24. "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
KerryVonErich.jpg

vs.

#41 Homicide
Homicide01.jpg

This is going to be ugly. I don't think either of these guys are bad, but neither is/was outstanding, and they're styles don't mesh at all. While Von Erich isn't exactly a powerhouse, it was basically his offense. And, while Homicide isn't a high-flier, I don't know what else to classify him as.

My vote goes to Von Erich who will hopefully end this with a nasty Tornado Punch.

Ugh. This one is hard to deciede. Both Kerry and Cide are very talented wrestlers. But this contest is in WCW. Cruiserweights dont go over heavywieghts in WCW cause they're vanilla midgets. So even though Homicide isnt vanilla, he's still a cruiserwieght. Kerry Von Erich wins due to politics.

I'll pick Von Erich. Homicide is a decent wrestler but I think Von Erich is slightly better and this being in WCW helps Von Erich more.

Von Erich's best work is hardly ever seen as it was in WCCW. If he hadn't been a drug addict he could have been a legit world champion in a legit company. Homicide is definitely talented, but he's still never been a big dog in a big company. Von Erich had some success in WWF, which is more than Homicide has done. When Homicide retires this could be a different story. Either way it would be interesting.

Hmmm. What an odd match-up.

My issue with Homicide is that he's in a singles match, and he's not shown himself as a competent singles competitor - yet. I think he will someday, but he's just not there. Kerry von Erich ended the impressive IC Title Reign of Mr. Perfect, and as KB mentioned, did some of his best work with WCCW.

If this were Hernandez, it'd be a different story. But Kerry von Erich is facing the weak link of a career tag team, and I have to give the bigger, stronger, and surprisingly fast and agile Tornado the edge here.

I know too little about Von Erich to actually vote. However, as far as Homicide's singles career goes, there have been small successes.

He was a big player in Ring of Honor. He was world champion there. A short-lived reign, sure, but he was the man for a little while. They are notoriously picky over who holds their belt. In his short stints in the X Division, he's shown himself to be championship material, nearly cleanly winning the belt on at least one occasion. He still has that Feast or Fired case, too...

He might not be much more than a tag team wrestler, but he is more. He's also damn impressive to watch. Definitely not a pushover.

No-one appears to have mentioned that Kerry Von Erich was the NWA World Champion, so I'll mention it now. Kerry Von Erich was the NWA World Champion. Von Erich beat Ric Flair in front of 45,000 people to claim the gold and this was probably the high point of his career.

Kerry was the best of the Von Erichs, and his stint in WWF wasn't too bad at first, with the IC reign, and just generally doing quite well. This is even more amazing when you consider that for the last 6 years of his career he only had one foot. He beat Mr. Perfect, who was perfect, for the title he held for ages with only one foot. Impressive, no?

Homicide is alright, and maybe once he's been around a bit longer he'd win a match like this, but right now, he wouldn't. Von Erich would have had a far more illustrious career if he hadn't been a substance abuser, and killed himself young like most of the Von Erich kids.

What ifs don't matter, but what does matter are the facts, and the fact is that a mid 80s Von Erich would beat Homicide, then celebrate with a line in the toilets.

Man, I love Homicide. He's one of my favorite wrestlers from today's generation, but there's no way I could for him over one of my favorite wrestlers of all time in Kerry Von Erich. Kerry truly had it all in his prime, and while Homicide would've put up one hell of a fight, Kerry would've found a way to win like he usually did. Plus, realistic wise... Kerry just had a way more successful career then Homicide has had thus far. He deserves to move onto Round 2, without a doubt.

I said it on these forums a couple of years ago, Hernandez is going to be the star out of LAX, and I was criticized for it, oh well, won't say I told you so. Homicide is a decent wrestler, I guess. He's spotty, and violent, two things that I don't see helping him in a match like this. Even with one foot, Kerry Von Erich should win this match. He had a decent little run with the IC title, and he's a former NWA champion. Yes, getting the pity victory in your hometown, ala Rougeau over hogan, doesn't do a whole lot, but it's more then what Homicide has done so far.

I gotta go with Tornado here. This is an odd match up like someone above said. Homicide would get in some moves, but in the end Tornado closes the books and sends Homicide packing.

I voted for Homicide here. I think that might wind up being the match of the bracket. Both of the guys will refuse to quit, however, I think Homicide is more likely to do what it takes to win. I think in the end, it will come down to who gets a break. I can see this break being forced by Homicide through nefarious means.

Homicide wins dirty in a slobberknocking classic.

Kerry Von Erich is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Not only does he come from a wrestling dynasty, but he's also extremely charismatic, well-built, strong, and fast. It's possible that Homicide would have a chance if this were somewhere in New York or New Jersey, but I don't see him going over Kerry anywhere else. So, even though Homicide would give him a run for his money, I'm going with Kerry in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back