• Hulk Hogan

• Triple H

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. the Game Triple H

The Following matchup takes place in Atlanta, GA, in the Georgia Dome. The ring is on the same level as the entrance ramp.

Triple Cage Match: 3 cages are stacked on top of each other, decreasing in size as you move up. The first cage is basically a Hell in the Cell. You must use a ladder to get through the hatch in the ceiling to make it to the second cage. There is a door on the second cage in which you can leave that cage. You must climb to the top of the third cage, where a briefcase will be suspended from the ceiling. The third cage however, is laced with weapons. The first person to grab the case, advances.

I think this match is still pretty even. But for one I doubt ever could climb up a ladder with their knees. But HHH is more impressive in matches where he's had a gimmick on his side. Hogan never really needed them. But HHH has made a career out of being involved in heavily gimmicked matches.

This kind of match is built for a wrestler like Triple H, he excels in cage structures(3 Elimination Chamber wins, multiple HIAC wins, and many Cage wins), that and along with the fact that he is lighter and faster than Hogan benefits him in this match. Triple H can also utilize weapons very well while Hulk hardly ever touches them, so I would assume that Hogan will be the first to bleed in this match. Hogan's advantage is the fact that this is in WCW, but that don't weigh in as much as the gimmick match, he did win plenty of cage matches in his career, but this is no ordinary cage match. Triple H will adapt quicker in this environment than Hogan, both of these men are pretty stiff, but Triple H is more flexible and can climb the cage/ladder faster than Hogan.

This should be the end for The Hulkster, the Triple Cage match favours Triple H and I cannot see The Game losing this one unless people are going to vote against Trips just because they like Hogan more. Triple H wins in 32 minutes after Pedigreeing Hogan on the second cage, in a great match.

People who are calling Hogan stiff are not following by the rules. This is not a match in 2008. This is a match during Hogan's prime. The Hulkster was a hell of an athlete during his prime, and every bit as able to climb a ladder through different cages as Triple H.

I honestly don't see how anyone can vote for Triple H, if they remember both guys are in their prime. Hell, people can't even vote against Hogan for playing politics in this one, as Triple H is just as bad at that!

Hulk carries Triple H to a good match, and wins the briefcase and the match in under 30 minutes.

To above-

To win at WM 2 Hogan had to step on Bundys back to escape the cage.It takes speed and aglity to climb a cage which hogan dosn,t have.HHH on a good day was one speedy bastard and as skull pointed out he is the master of steel and chain.All signs point to Hogan.

To above-

To win at WM 2 Hogan had to step on Bundys back to escape the cage.It takes speed and aglity to climb a cage which hogan dosn,t have.HHH on a good day was one speedy bastard and as skull pointed out he is the master of steel and chain.All signs point to Hogan.
And, in his steel cage with Ordorff, he climbed out of the cage just as fast as Ordornff, and then climbed out faster than Ordorndorff could walk out. In his steel cage match against Bossman, Hogan climbed out of the cage before Slick could even get the handcuffs off Bossman.

To say that Hogan doesn't have the speed or agility to climb a cage or a ladder is ridiculous, as he's done it before.

People who are calling Hogan stiff are not following by the rules. This is not a match in 2008. This is a match during Hogan's prime. The Hulkster was a hell of an athlete during his prime, and every bit as able to climb a ladder through different cages as Triple H.

I honestly don't see how anyone can vote for Triple H, if they remember both guys are in their prime. Hell, people can't even vote against Hogan for playing politics in this one, as Triple H is just as bad at that!

Hulk carries Triple H to a good match, and wins the briefcase and the match in under 30 minutes.

Unfortunatly I'm with Sly on this one, its very close, as close as it probably could be athlete to athlete, both are brawlers- and decent ones. Both are matched in strength and size. The ladder match favours HHH slightly as he has experiance. But we are talking about Hogan here, one of the biggest of all time, so Hogan has superior overall big match experiance. HHH maybe has an advantage because of the legal use of weapons. Both of these guys can take a beating too. Its tight this one, too close to call, I can see why people have voted for HHH however I'm going with Hogan just because I think its the right choice, considering they are both evenly matched.

To above-

What? Triple H is many things, but fast, no way. We are talking about wrestlers in their prime, but even then HHH was below average speed. Even if HHH is slighty faster than Hogan, he can't beat him. I'll never understand how anyone can rank HHH along the likes of Hogan, Andrew, Hart, and various others. He's had some great matches with great opponents, but he has also had strings in his career where he has had some incredibly boring matches.

Hogan speaks for himself. His impact on the business is unmatched, and its not even close. Hogan in his prime, was more unbeatable than Cena and Goldberg put together. Hogan goes over in about 30 minutes.

I went with Hogan in this one. While hogan hasn't been the most athletic wrestler in history, he's hardly the great khali in terms of movement. HHH is a ring general, but the hulkamaniac inside of me can't picture him taking this one. Hogan in his prime was second to no one. I just can't see HHH keeping hogan down no matter how many pedigrees he hits him with. Hogan in a good solid match.

I'm going with the Hulkster on this one. Like Slyfox said, you have to go when they are in their prime. Hogan was almost unbeatable during his prime. Triple H is a great talent no doubt, but he's not near Hogan's level especially in a WCW ring. Hogan wins in 27 minutes.

While I dont think Hogan is incapable of climbing a ladder/cage, I still think Trips is more athletic overall, and would win this, as he also has a much better track record in gimmick matches, against guys who specialize in said matches (foley in the NY street fight, HIAC, Ric FLair in a steel cage) and has 2 elimination chamber victories. Hulk has domne very well in his cage matches, but hasnt gone past a steel cage, and certainley not with anyone the caliber of Triple H. I think this would be somewhat foreighn territory for Hulk. I can just see trips being more comfortable in a situation like this.

Hulk Hogan is twice the professional wrestler Triple H could ever dream to be.

But this is a gimmick match. And everyone knows HHH is one of the best ever at gimmick matches. 90% of his best matches are gimmick matches. He can't really have a great match without a gimmick.

In terms of speed and athleticism in their primes, Hogan and HHH are about equal. Both have been in many cage matches, so they're both experienced in this environment. Thus, the stipulation favors nobody. Which means I'll have to chose on who was just better overall as a professional wrestler. Therefore, Hogan is the clear winner.

Triple H has more experience in gimmick matches, that's all I read. You want to know why Triple H has more experience in gimmick matches, because Hulk Hogan sells pay per views with the name of Hulk Hogan, he doesn't need shitty gimmick matches to stay on top of the business. Hulk Hogan was a guy that sold himself.

Triple H only became a gimmick wrestler after he blew his knee out in a gimmick match against the Rock at Summerslam 1998. He was a finesse, Technical wreslter up until that point. After that, he bulked up, slowed down, became incredibly boring, and hid behind gimmick match after gimmick match to stay on top of the WWE, true story.

Triple H has been involved in exactly one good hell in the cell, adn that was mostly due to Mick Foley willing to dump himself off the cell twice again to make Triple H look good and not just another attitude era Vanilla meaningless title holder. His HIAC matches with Nash and Batista, incredibly dull. His match with HBK in HIAC was about as lackluster of a finally to a rivalry as you could get, and let's not get started ont he DX cell.

Hogan wins, because he doesn't need to hide behind gimmicks. Hogan was agile and was still able to keep a large physique. With Trips, you have one or the other. In his speedy prime, he weighed 230 pounds, in his physical conditioning prime, he weighed 265 pounds but not nearly as mobile.

Hogan wins, because he doesn't need to hide behind gimmicks. Hogan was agile and was still able to keep a large physique. With Trips, you have one or the other. In his speedy prime, he weighed 230 pounds, in his physical conditioning prime, he weighed 265 pounds but not nearly as mobile.

Exactly. Hogan doesn't need to hide behind gimmick. Therefore he has less experience. HHH also excels in gimmick matches. It's all he has to offer. Whilst Hogan would decline any sort of match with this sort of stipulation. He's what, nearly 60? And he's pretty much wrestling exactly the same as he did 20 odd years ago. HHH has HAD to evolve into a different type of wrestler. A gorified hardcore wrestler,, which is pretty much what this match is.

Triple H has more experience in gimmick matches, that's all I read. You want to know why Triple H has more experience in gimmick matches, because Hulk Hogan sells pay per views with the name of Hulk Hogan, he doesn't need shitty gimmick matches to stay on top of the business. Hulk Hogan was a guy that sold himself.

Triple H only became a gimmick wrestler after he blew his knee out in a gimmick match against the Rock at Summerslam 1998. He was a finesse, Technical wreslter up until that point. After that, he bulked up, slowed down, became incredibly boring, and hid behind gimmick match after gimmick match to stay on top of the WWE, true story.

Triple H has been involved in exactly one good hell in the cell, adn that was mostly due to Mick Foley willing to dump himself off the cell twice again to make Triple H look good and not just another attitude era Vanilla meaningless title holder. His HIAC matches with Nash and Batista, incredibly dull. His match with HBK in HIAC was about as lackluster of a finally to a rivalry as you could get, and let's not get started ont he DX cell.

I noticed that you forgot about Triple H's HIAC with Jericho which I thought was very good. Just thought I'd mention that one.

But I still went with Hogan, he is Hulk Hogan and would find a way to win, even if it meant Hulking up 17 times and climbing ladders and tossing Trips around like a rag doll, he'd find a way to win here. That's all it comes down to, Hogan being 10 times better than Triple H.

I don't know what to say. I can rack my brain all day and I could never ever ever, convince myself that Triple H is worthy of going over Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. That my friends is just plain wrong.

Hulk Hogan a bigger legend and icon than HHH and HBK put together. You can talk about Shawn's classic matches (which I love) and Triple H's classics (which I'm still trying to find) but neither of them are the ICON that is Hulk Hogan.

No matter what the match type, no matter what the conditions, it wouldn't even matter if Hogan was high out of his mind, there is no way HHH beats Hogan at anything pro wrestling related.

I voted for Triple H. You could get into speed, prime, athletics, gimmicks, and all that other stuff all you want... and I wont argue any of it.

What I will say is that Triple H has a history of relentlessly making people bloody in matches like these. I'll go ahead and give the nod to Hogan for a lot of the above arguments, but when it comes down to it Hogan is the classic face, and Hunter is one of the nastiest heels every to grace the WWE in terms of what he's willing to do to get what he thinks is his. Hell he broke JR's arm just to get Foley to give him a match.

By hook or by crook, Hogan loses a ton of blood to getting bashed into that ladder, or his face ground into the cage itself like swiss cheese.

Triple H over Hogan after getting seriously hardcore in a match that lets him do so.

I voted for Triple H. You could get into speed, prime, athletics, gimmicks, and all that other stuff all you want... and I wont argue any of it.

What I will say is that Triple H has a history of relentlessly making people bloody in matches like these. I'll go ahead and give the nod to Hogan for a lot of the above arguments, but when it comes down to it Hogan is the classic face, and Hunter is one of the nastiest heels every to grace the WWE in terms of what he's willing to do to get what he thinks is his. Hell he broke JR's arm just to get Foley to give him a match.

By hook or by crook, Hogan loses a ton of blood to getting bashed into that ladder, or his face ground into the cage itself like swiss cheese.

Triple H over Hogan after getting seriously hardcore in a match that lets him do so.

You forgot the part where Hogan Hulks up, lands some punches, and lays out Triple H en route to grabbing the briefcase for the convincing win.

I don't care what anyone says, HHH is not in Hogan's league. There is no match too brutal for the Hulkster. The triple cage would just be the gimmick placed that make Hogan look that much stronger in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back