WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, Second Round: (6) Mick Foley vs. (11) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mick Foley

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

Rupp_Arena_2-327x202.jpg

mick_foley_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d51sq3a.jpg

#6. Mick Foley

Vs.

brock_lesnar2.jpg

#11. Brock Lesnar

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I want to put Foley over here, but when you think of Lesnar, you think of Foley as someone Lesnar would run through in a 10 minute brawl, no matter what. This isn't a hardcore match, or anything with some form of stipulation that could give Foley an edge, it's a simple 1v1 match, which we all know Lesnar is a beast in.
Could Foley do it? Obviously, there's always a possibility, but when there's no real advantage for Foley to take...a couple of F-5's sends Lesnar through.

There will be blood. No if's and's or maybe's. These two men could tear each other limb from limb but I don't think the result is ever in doubt. What Mick Foley did best was put people over and most of the time this was by losing to them. Brock Lesnar's win/loss ratio is one to be envied and putting him opposite the Mickster only spells doom for our friendly neighbourhood schizophrenic. In Brock Lesnar's own words 'I was put on this Earth to seek and destroy and to hurt people.' Mick Foley was an expert in getting hurt and destroyed. Lesnar all day every day.

Sorry, but Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy is going to get his ass beat in this one.

This would be one of those matches where Foley would just get destroyed. He'd get busted open, slammed through the commentator's table, hit with ring steps, thrown through the barricade, and probably much more. It would be one of those matches where J.R. would be yelling, "Stop the damn match, the man has had enough." All the while Lesnar is just picking him apart. I'm not even going to get into their accomplishments and what not. It's just not needed here.

Vote Lesnar.

Yeah there are only a handful of guys who would go over Brock Lesnar and Mick Foley isn't one of them. I'm voting Lesnar.

Foley is God; that's what the people say. But I think even God has a bad day every once in a while, and this would be one of them. Mick can give a beatdown, but Brick is too much for him. Even if this were a hardcore match the odds would still be in Brock's favor.

Oh Lord, Lesnar is gonna kill Foley. The prime of Foley saw him take unbelievable amounts of damage and while he wrestled some brutal matches with some sadistic men, I can't even fathom what Lesnar will do to him.

Make it quick, Lesnar wins

If Foley was around when a rookie Lesnar made his appearance, Foley would have been fed to Lesnar. In Lesnar's prime, there's no chance there wouldn't be body parts littering the ring. Foley was best known for taking the serious bumps. Brock seems more than worthy in administering them

Foley is Brockblocked here.

The point of wrestling is to entertain and connect with the audience. Only one of these men have ever done that. Foley wins.

Oh Lord, Lesnar is gonna kill Foley. The prime of Foley saw him take unbelievable amounts of damage and while he wrestled some brutal matches with some sadistic men, I can't even fathom what Lesnar will do to him.

Make it quick, Lesnar wins

Yes, because clearly this is a shoot match. Nevermind the fact that Foley has overcame impossible odds before and is a former 3 time world champion. Nevermind the fact that Foley has beaten most of the top stars from the past like Lesnar has. Nevermind the fact that Foley is one of the most beloved performers in the industry, and has probably shortened his lifespan putting his body on the line, while Brock Lesnar hates this business and would rather spend time on his farm in the middle of nowhere shooting animals because he hates people.

Brock is nowhere near as popular as fans think he is. He's no where near as dominant as fans think he is. He beat a 50 year old Undertaker and ended a Streak that had long since run its course. And dominated Cena, who has the worst win/loss record of any top star in history. Whoopty fucking doo. As of now Brock is being treated like a transitional champion, and if he loses to Roman Reigns on Sunday he'll go down as the worst WWE champion since the Miz.

Vote Foley.

Yes, because clearly this is a shoot match. Nevermind the fact that Foley has overcame impossible odds before and is a former 3 time world champion. Nevermind the fact that Foley has beaten most of the top stars from the past like Lesnar has. Nevermind the fact that Foley is one of the most beloved performers in the industry, and has probably shortened his lifespan putting his body on the line, while Brock Lesnar hates this business and would rather spend time on his farm in the middle of nowhere shooting animals because he hates people.

Brock is nowhere near as popular as fans think he is. He's no where near as dominant as fans think he is. He beat a 50 year old Undertaker and ended a Streak that had long since run its course. And dominated Cena, who has the worst win/loss record of any top star in history. Whoopty fucking doo. As of now Brock is being treated like a transitional champion, and if he loses to Roman Reigns on Sunday he'll go down as the worst WWE champion since the Miz.

Vote Foley.

Del Rio will be seen in a much worse light than Bork in terms of modern WWE Title Reigns.

Having said all that, there was a magical time where (and it was admittedly only for a few months) Foley was WWE's biggest guy. He got louder reactions and started selling more merch than Austin and Rock. And he did it all with a goofy little sock and giving it his absolute all.

Bork shaved a TV audience in half his first time with the title. It wasn't all his fault, as Smackdown stayed largely consistent when he moved over, where as HHH's run on Raw was brutal; but Bork was the anti-Foley in that regard. Foley winning the title on Raw is seen as one of the most important moments in wrestling history. Brock's biggest moment (breaking The Streak, something which I hold in a higher regard than you do) is one that is far more seen as confusing than as revered.

While this era of Brock has been much better bidniss wise, he just doesn't touch Michael Francis Foley.

I'm a big fan of both, but I'm voting Foley here.

Foley is awesome, we all know that. But he made his name by putting his body through unbelievable pain with the end result usually being him putting his opponent over.

The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Edge etc all benefitted from working with Mick Foley and coming out on top which is a credit to how good Mick was. He helped to make so many stars and if he was facing of against a young at-his-best Brock Lesnar, I have no doubt he'd do the same thing. He'd help to make "The Next Big Thing".

Foley won 3 WWE titles, and held them for a total of 47 days. Compare this to Lesnar who has 4 reigns at a total of 574 days. Even if we take away his current reign as he only works part time, his first 3 reigns totalled 355 days. As a Champion, Lesnar's record is far superior.

Brock is probably the greatest athlete WWE have ever employed, the guy is a physical freak of nature who can dish out unbelievable punishment to just about anyone. What's that? Mick is good at taking punishment? Well, let's have Brock suplex him 20 times, F5 him on concrete and beat him to within an inch of his life before eventually pinning him.

This wouldn't be a short match, you can guarantee Foley would keep getting up....but Brock would keep beating the shit out of him until he didn't. The result really isn't in question, Lesnar would win.

Eat, Sleep, Beat Mick, Move On

Vote Foley.
Nevermind the fact Foley's career existed mostly to put over other wrestlers. Nevermind the fact Lesnar is a FOUR time world champion in the WWE, not to mention a former UFC world champion. Nevermind the fact Lesnar is still wrestling at the age of 37, while Foley essentially retired before the age of 35. Nevermind the fact Lesnar made a career of destroying people, while Foley made a career getting destroyed by people.

I'm not a big Lesnar fan, but Mick Foley doesn't really have much to hang his hat on here, as evidence by the fact you made an obviously false statement about Lesnar wanting to spend time on the farm (if that were really true, then Lesnar wouldn't have re-signed).

Vote Lesnar.

Vote Foley.

Cena has a better winning percentage than Rock and Austin.

You can still kick ass and "hate" the business as Brock does very well.

If Brock is being treated like a transitional champion, then what the hell was Mick Foley. It's not like his title reigns were something to behold.

Brock Lesnar makes money to feed his family. I don't give a damn if he loves the business or not. As long as those checks are cashed, he is doing just fine.

Long Live Lesnar.

I can see the Strawman arguments against Lesnar are getting blown over. The anti Lesnar arguements are weak and without merit. Lesnar is highly underrated in this tournament, and this is the consequence of that low seed. Lesnar is going to plow through big names that should go further. Lesnar is a better pro wrestler, a bigger draw, and just flat out better than Mick Foley.

I think other people have beat me to the punch Ech, actually my reply was almost exactly as Sly's.

Foley has taken punishment and LOST. That is also what happens here. And please, Lesnar beat the streak, something that 90% of fans thought wouldnt be broken. Lesnar is an attraction.

Foley exists so people like Lesnar can destroy him before Brock has a bigger match. He's one of the nicest guys in wrestling and more than deserving of a headlining spot in the Hall of Fame, but there is no way this ends with anything but Foley taking an F5 and selling it like a king. Foley would put up a great fight, but he's destined to lose here.

Foley suffers in this and almost every draw, but this one especially, because what memory most readily springs to mind is of a rotund grappler getting absolutely minced by the gamut of competitors time and time again. Lesnar, conversely, is renound for being the guy that does the beating in the vast majority of his encounters. It feels set up as a match that Lesnar would absolutely dominate and make a memory demolishing the bumpable one along the way.

I think it's only fair to consider a bit more in the scheme of things. Foley was an innovator, and that's why you can;t look at every match-up with him in on the surface and just be content to claim that he'd get the crap kicked out of him. He was hugely popular in a hugley popular time and that's a massive achievement. His winning the world title in WWE was the pendulum swinging most definitively and irreversibly in their favour. He shouldn't be tossed aside without a second thought, because he liked to give as good as he got in his bouts and has been the foil to many a plucky young thing that you take him based mostly on his physique.

However, I'm still voting Lesnar, I just wanted Foley to earn his due. Lesnar is someone who is built to win. He does it often and in a decisive fashion. Foley is more recognized for his losses. Lesnar is currently in the midst of a run unlike Foley ever really experienced and has many wins over his predecessors in his early WWE days. Needless to say, if he can beat Undertaker when he did, Mick Foley would certainly be a candidate on his list to add sheen to his rising star. Lesnar to move on convincingly.

God, Mick Foley is so fucking good at being a professional wrestler. A man who neither had an athletic bone in his body nor a frame so big that he could just sit on his opponent and make it look like it hurt, yet he was so good. So likeable, so charismatic, so many classic matches. Funny, charming, fearless. He didn't need to sustain as much punishment as he did to be an icon, regardless of what Ric Flair says, but it didn't hurt. Well, not figuratively. Literally, it did.

Frankly, if you are a person who prefers Brock Lesnar to Mick Foley, you're almost definitely a sociopath.

Lesnar wins on account of the fact that he wins a lot and Mick Foley loses a lot but that doesn't mean he's better than one of the best ever.

As I said in my post in support of Bobo Brazil, Foley deserves his place in the pantheon of the greats. But, Brock Lesnar has done it all: NCAA Champ, UFC Champ and WWE Champ. He is being built as if the WWE Title MEANS something other than a prop. Lesnar is the beginning of what I believe is the new Territory era, and he is not going to lose to Mick Foley. Not now nor ever.

Foley was essentially a human punching bag. Lesnar's gimmick is that he punches people a lot, really hard, over and over.

In this match, Lesnar beats the ever living piss out of Foley. It's considered a success for Foley if he isn't in a coma at the end of the match.

How did I miss this one?!

Yeah I agree with Blade quite frankly. Foley was a guy who was known for being hardcore and his accolades and legend speaks for themselves. But Lesnar is just too big and too strong for someone like Foley. He always had the heart to keep on going, even against the biggest of odds. But Lesnar represents a bridge too far for even the best hardcore wrestlers.

Lesnar moves on and Foley nurses his injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back