WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, Second Round: (3) Randy Savage vs. (19) Sid Vicious

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Randy Savage

• Sid Vicious

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

Rupp_Arena_2-327x202.jpg

randy-savage-bio.png

#3. Randy Savage

Vs.

sid3.jpg

#19. Sid Vicious

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I've was a Sid fan, especially in WCW. He had a decent run or two in WWF as well, but I've read that he could be a real pain in the ass backstage. The guy had the look to be over just about anywhere, and he was dominant. His charisma was alright, but nothing to write home about. Macho was a little bit of everything. He knew how to work a match, and that voice. Dude looked like he could explode whenever he did an intense promo. And you couldn't go wrong with him as a face or heel. Plus, that rumor that's been going on about him and Stephanie is enough to garner my vote.

Its Macho Man here.

I can see Sid putting a helluva challenge but Randy Savage in his prime did beat the likes of vicious among others.

Savage should not have beaten Jim Londos last round. And Sid should not have beaten Big Daddy. But that aside it's pretty clear that Savage would and should beat Sid here. Savage was a drawing champion, and was an interesting character. Sid wasn't a drawing champion, and was most amusing when he was unintentionally botching. Maffew used allot of Savage because the dude was legit fucking crazy and provided wacky entertainment that was meant to be funny. Sid once called himself an idiot on live television even though he knew the line didn't sound right.

Thinking about voting Sid over Savage? Send for the man!

[youtube]PfWGdN-BX0Q[/youtube]

Vote Savage.

It shouldn't really be much of an argument. Sid's look meant that he was only ever going to be a main event we but his relative lack of charisma meant he served his career as the ultimate transitional champion. Savage had to contend with some of the biggest names in the history of wrestling but was able to carve out his own path. He should defonitely be winning this one.

One man was legit crazy...
[YOUTUBE]D59Bjl3MWWs[/YOUTUBE]

One had half a brain...
[YOUTUBE]340FMdHj24c[/YOUTUBE]

Macho Man may have been crazy, but his full brain prevails here after a big elbow drop.

This would be a pretty entertaining match I'd have thought, but at the end of the day there's only one man who'd be moving on, and that man is OOOOHHHH YEEEAAAHHH The Macho Man Randy Savage, yeahhh!

Savage is by far the superior performer, better in the ring, better on the mic and immensely charismatic. Sid was alright, but he relied mainly on his fantastic physique and size more than anything else. Plus, he was bloody awful on the mic. I quite enjoyed his power moves, but in a tournament such as this he shouldn't be getting past Macho.

Great match.

Sid is very underrated. You can shit on his ring work and his stumbling interviews all day long, but it's unfair. The guy had a presence like no other I've ever seen. His charisma was just mind-blowing. And honestly, he wasn't that bad in the ring. Put him against a very good wrestler, he could have a very good match. Put him against someone mediocre or worse, then yeah... it would usually stink. But who cares? I really don't. His charisma and presence made him a sight to behold every time he stepped through that curtain. Sid was awesome.

Randy Savage though is one of the greatest to ever lace up the boots. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about how great that guy was.

Kayfabe wise.... it's a toss up. Sid was a monster in his prime, while Savage had heart, IQ, and toughness out of this World. If these guys fight 10 times, you'll most likely have Savage finding a way to win 5 of them, and Sid winning 5 of them. It's a very equal match-up in that sense.

So, I just have to go with the better talent, and while I like and respect Sid more than most, he wasn't anywhere near as good as Randy Savage. And that's nowhere near an insult to Sid, because most pro wrestlers to ever step through those ropes were anywhere near as good as the "Macho Man" Randy Savage was.

Randy Savage wins.

It shouldn't really be much of an argument. Sid's look meant that he was only ever going to be a main event we but his relative lack of charisma
I'm going to totally disagree with you here. Sid Vicious had AMAZING charisma. The guy was unbelievable when it came to connecting with the audience in the ring. He just had a sort of attraction about him which made people care. He wasn't The Rock on the microphone (which is what I'm guessing you meant), but when he was in the ring he oozed charisma.

But, with that said, Randy Savage is essentially the prototype for what you look for in a pro wrestler. He had it all and was as close to being a perfect pro wrestler as has ever existed. Savage should continue on.

I'm a big advocate of Sid and thought he had flashes of brilliance. He did often trip himself up when he was talking but at other times his intense Road Warrior-esque shouty style worked well for the vicious or the psycho gimmicks.

He was a perfect looking professional wrestler in many ways, being a big gym freak.

I can't really class him in the same league as Savage though because he forged his own path based solely on his own ability and charisma and achieved more with it than Sid can really claim. But it's always a shame for me to see the ruler of the world to go out. He's definitely under-appreciated for the things he wasn't good at, but he was very good at others.

I'll always love Sid's reaction to the Shockmaster. He totally sold it as though Gabriel himself had burst through the wall and threatened his life. It was tremendous professionalism under the circumstances and for that commend him. Dude is not someone you can really accuse of breaking character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back