WCW Region, Denver Subregion, First Round: (4) Dusty Rhodes vs. (29) Taz

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Dusty Rhodes

• Taz

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Denver Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado.

275-Denver_Pepsi_Center_2527.jpg

Dusty-Rhodes.png

#4. Dusty Rhodes

Vs.

Tazz_-_Peter_Senerchia_39.jpg

#29. Taz

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Dusty will win this, no doubt due to his long list of accolades, undeniable charisma and being a much bigger star, but I'm still going to vote for Taz.

Even with his relatively small size, Taz was an unstoppable force in ECW. He dominated guys much bigger than him, and genuinely made you believe he was the toughest bastard on the planet. I loved the whole Taz gimmick, the vast number of suplexes he'd dish out and his whole persona. Add that he had an unbreakable submission finisher in the Tazmission and I think he'd be well equipped to take down Rhodes.

Dusty is an icon, there's no doubt about it but he'd be in for the fight of his life against Taz. The Human Suplex Machine would listen to Dusty yell about "pork and beans" and "hard times" and then choke his ass out "IN FIVE MINUTES".

I really don't like looking at Dusty Rhodes, and find it difficult to believe anyone ever did, but the numbers don't like and his charisma is clear. Taz on the other hand was a pretty unique character too, which would make this an interesting match up. On the basis of the fact that Rhodes was much better in the big leagues than Taz managed, I think he must win.

Taz had something of a cult following from a cult company and did very well with his schtick.

But Dusty just achieved more and left a bigger mark on the landscape of pro. wrestling history amongst his career.

Taz kind of fell apart when he hit the big time whereas Dusty was a marquee player. For me, he wins.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Swimming

Logic: This is tough. Dusty Rhodes looks like a beach ball or even a flotation device. However, I don't imagine him getting very far in the water. The fact that his forehead looks like waves doesn't help him out either. Taz is short, but he is fit and can probably tread water pretty fast. Sorry, Dusty.

Winner: Taz

Do people know how big Dusty was? Do they know that he is one of those select stars from the territorial era that worked many a regions and drew. Ands thats a big word for that era. Dusty worked the Northeast, Florida, Texas, Mid Atlantic and was the marquee name. Sammartino has had detractors who said that he was not that much of a buzz maker outside the NE bay. Ask Flair.

Dusty should go a long way

I voted for Taz.

Taz would dump Dusty on his head and put him in the Tazmission and the match would be over in under a minute if he wanted it to be.

Dusty was great on the mic and had unbelievable charisma, sure, but that's really all you can say about him. Taz himself was great on the mic and had a shit ton of charisma in a totally different way himself. Plus, Taz's best matches are far more better than Dusty's best matches.

I just can't vote for a guy because he was entertaining to listen to talk when I know his opponent was the better all round wrestler and would have destroyed him in an actual match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back