WCW Houston, Round 1, Match 1: #2 The Undertaker vs. #63 The Great Khali

The Undertaker vs. Khali

• The Deadman

• The Punjabi Nightmare

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khali beat him in 2006, when he wasn't very high up the card. Hisfeud with Khali was an extension of his feud with Daivari and Mark Henry. Hardly the main event mafia.

Khali was beating The Undertaker at one of the lowest points in his kayfabe career. When the Undertaker does the same thing to Khali, it is somehow different. Double standards.

It doesn't matter how high or low you're booked on the card, beating somebody is beating somebody. If booking if is much as issue as everyone says it is, then Khali was booked to look that dominant over the Undertaker. I still consider the Undertaker's prime to be from 2006-present. It doesn't matter how long Khali's prime was, just that he beat the Undertaker.

I also have to disagree with the Undertaker being at one of the lowest points in his kayfabe career. He just wrestled Kurt Angle in one of the best title matches ever, had a good but not great match against Mark Henry. He was at one of his lowest points in 2004 with the whole Paul Bearer/Paul Heyman/Dudley Boyz situation.

The only possible way I see Undertaker going over Khali would be when Undertaker was the American Bad Ass but that's a slight possibility. Everybody points out that Undertaker has beaten Khali but Khali was worse then in 2006 and Undertaker was better. If you consider when they were on top of their respective games, Khali stills beat the Undertaker and this is coming from an Undertaker fan.

I voted for Khali, simply because the Undertaker against super big men has always had problems in straight up one on one matches. Is the undertaker better, of course, no one is going to deny that. However, there is a track record, short track record, yes, but track record nonetheless.

Gonzalez debuted at the Rumble in 93, and completely destroyed the Undertaker, when he hd the earn. The only reason the Undertaker is undefeated at Mania, is because Gonzalez got himself DQ'd. The Undertaker was destroyed in that match. Fast forward nearly a decade and a half, and Khali does the same thing in their encounter. The Undertaker has beaten everyone in front of him, but he has trouble with guys that dwarf him.

Okay I'm going to go with Khali. Khali wins by forfeit because Undertaker dies by chokebomb. History repeats itself, as Khali is such a bad wrestler thathe actually killed someone in the ring... He KILLED someone in a fake sport...

Those who are backing Khali are using his level in a "prime" where he was unstoppable. But in the Undertaker's career there are many spells where he could destroy anyone, and himself would be considered unstoppable.

When I made the point about Cena vs Khali, and you said about his dodgy knees, that doesnt come into play either. Because this is Kayfabe!

Also, Daivari is not a factor... in any way. You can't say that interference isn't allowed in this tournament, and then say if a heel does it its okay cos they typically dont get caught.

Plus, you, Jake, said if Khali won this round he wouldn't get far. He would get miles, because people would keep drawing on this supposed "peak of his career" where he was undefeatable, which lasted all of two months.

Undertaker FTW. If Cena can beat Khali when he was being booked as dominant on Raw, then Undertaker, the legend, the phenom, at many stages in his career, could use his skills to beat Khali.

Those who are backing Khali are using his level in a "prime" where he was unstoppable. But in the Undertaker's career there are many spells where he could destroy anyone, and himself would be considered unstoppable.

The Undertaker wasn't as unstoppable as people think. In fact I've seen him stopped by almost everybody.

When I made the point about Cena vs Khali, and you said about his dodgy knees, that doesnt come into play either. Because this is Kayfabe!

Well it does because you bought Khali in 2007 and I'm on about Khali in 2006. But if I'm being honest I can't remmeber what I said.

Also, Daivari is not a factor... in any way. You can't say that interference isn't allowed in this tournament, and then say if a heel does it its okay cos they typically dont get caught.

Why would Khali come to the ring without Daivari? He always did in 2006. Feel free to use Paul Bearer.

Plus, you, Jake, said if Khali won this round he wouldn't get far. He would get miles, because people would keep drawing on this supposed "peak of his career" where he was undefeatable, which lasted all of two months.

The majority will always vote for name talent. Along with the fact that not many people like Khali.

If Cena can beat Khali when he was being booked as dominant on Raw,

You're really not grasping the prime thing.

then Undertaker, the legend, the phenom, at many stages in his career, could use his skills to beat Khali.

Like he used them to get dominated by all the other big wrestlers who ahve come his way over the years?

The only reason records show him getting the better of the larger wrestlers is because back in the early 90's they started feuding and Undertaker would have months to figure out flaws with these wrestlers. Khali is proof that when you have him in a match with hardly any preparation, he loses.

The same would have happened with Kamal, Gonzalez and any other large wrestler. If they'd had ''B'' shows then he would have lost to them all as well. Fortunately for him his opponents were made to wait months before they were allowed a sanctioned match.

The Undertaker, after all his battles with beasts, will be taken down by one from the East. No not Bam Bam Bigelow, but The Punjabi giant, or as the poll says for some reason, nightmare. The sheer volume of fan size, India itself, threatening to riot at Khali's loss will scare even the deadman into submission tapping the mat before the Punjabi Giant even steps over the ropes for a pre match kiss cam

Right. Jake's return posts are getting far to long and I've got some soup on so I'm not going to reply to the whole thing, especially as we've entered into a cyclical argument, so I'm just going to explain why the Undertaker of 2006 is worse than the one i 2008.

People keep pointing out that the Undertaker was in one of the best matches he ever had in February against Kurt Angle. They appear to have forgotten that he lost that match. The reason his booking matters is because that is the only thing that defines how good someone is in kayfabe. Undertaker was losing to Kurt Angle, losing to Randy Orton in their singles match, and losing to Khali. Who beat him in the year before his win at WM XXIV in a straight singles match? Batista at Cyber Sunday. That's it. In 2006 The Undertaker had been without a top title for four years. That was his longest barren spell since 1997. The 2008 Undertaker was in a title match on just about every PPV.

How are people determining anyone's prime if they are not basing it on when they were winning the most matches and losing the fewest? The reason The Undertaker's primes are 1991 and 2008 and not 2006 is the same reason that Khali's is 2006 and not 2008, that is when he was winning the most matches and looked more dominating. Khali's knees might be the real reason why his push ended, but that has never been mentioned in kayfabe, so it has to be ignored. I couldn't tell you why they started to push The Undertaker in 2007, but for whatever reason, they did, and he was much better at winning matches than he was a year previously.

The Great Khali is a horrible wrestler, I'm already hoping for the day he retires. I don't care how much money he brings with people from India, his matches are just awful to watch, I don't think I've ever seen him in a great match. There are some big guys who can move as well as look huge and be a monster - Khali does everything you shouldn't.

Then you have the guy who has never been beaten at WM and has had countless primes with gimmicks completely different from each other. Undertaker is one of the best WWE has ever had, Khali doesn't stop him here.

The Undertaker is in his prime in terms of backstage sway, not in his kayfabe prime. Just like Bundy, Kamala, and Gonzalez, in the 1990s and in The Undertaker's kayfabe prime, The Great Khali would have been nothing more than a threat for a couple of months before he became another notch in The Undertaker's metaphorical belt. Currently, The Undertaker is somewhat of an enhancement talent for those that need to get over as monster heels or for those that need to break into the main-event scene (although he still always gets the last laugh). Thus, why Khali won their first match together.

Pick: The Undertaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back