Jerry Lawler vs. Van Hammer

• The King

• Stop...Hammer Time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules from Houston, TX. The ring entrance and ring are equal height.

#15. Jerry "The King" Lawler
jerrylawler.jpg

vs.

#50. "Heavy Metal" Van Hammer
auto_hammer.jpg

I am going to assume that Van Hammer is only here because Sly voted for him. He was a completely average wrestler with literally nothing to suggest he was destined for anything other than mediocrity his whole career. He debuted well, but it was down hill all the way from there.

Jerry Lawler on the other hand was a solid wrestler in his day, and while not the most decorated in terms of national championships, was certainly a big player in his time. As his career was winding down in the late 80s and early 90s he managed to have a few decent feuds, and I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to beat Van Hammer.

Watch almost any Lawler match. If you see more moves than a punch, a kick, a punch from the middle rope and a piledriver you've seen one of his best performances ever. He was a big deal in one part of the country. Van Hammer got a solid push in one of the big two. Throw in a way cooler gimmick than a King and this is domination. Seriously, how creative is that: he's a king.

I am going to go by their most memorable matches Van Hammer: Falls Count Anywhere against Cactus Jack. King's: Survivor series tag match wiht Little kings against Doink's. Van hammer easily.

People voting for Van Hammer are more than likely simply doing so to suck Sly's dick and avoid having him attempt to tear their post apart fact of the matter is that if you watch any match of Lawlers while in his prime and than any match of this Van Hammer tool, it becomes pretty obvious that Van Hammer doesn't stand a chance, Lawler goes over in a squash, and voting for someone because of their gimmick has got to be one of the stupidest arguments to vote for anyone in this thing, seriously that's just ******ed

Who the fucks Van Hammer and why the fuck is he in this tournament outside of Slyfox getting what he wants? I've never heard of this scrub until I saw this thread. I've heard of Lawler, and seen a few of his matches. He was pretty big during his time, and dominated an area. Van Hammer on the other hand :confused: what exactly did he do besides win the most embarassing wrestler award in the WO?

Lawler gets my vote.

Lawler takes my vote.He looks to be a little bigger than van,so i think he will dominate him if van hits the wrong move and lawler counters it to take over the match and win with a piledriver.

To me, Jerry Lawler is one of the greatest babyfaces of all time. I don't care if it was in just one state, the people there absolutely LOVED the guy. And the reason they loved him was because he was a tremendous worker. Pretty much all his feuds were great. And Lawler had a comeback that would have the place explode like as if it was Hulk Hogan hulking up in Madison Square Garden in 1986. Once that strap of Lawler’s went down off his shoulder, the place would erupt. It's truly a great scene to watch.

And you also have to give Lawler credit for being able to get so over as a heel in the WWF. Fans hated the guy at one point in time. I mean, absolutely hated him. He was able to be funny as hell, and yet still be truly hated. And whenever the time called for Lawler to do a little face run for a time being in the WWF, the fans always bought it and always got behind him. Fans love Jerry Lawer EVERYWHERE today, not just in Tennessee.

Van Hammer, on the other hand, was just the guy with the nipple rings in the Flock. That's all he ever was to me, and will always remain that to me. The guy sucked, plain and simple.

KB, you're right. Lawler did only dominate a territory. Lucky for him, it was with the NWA, and it was in the south. With this being a WCW match, in Houston, I'd say he still has the edge. He was a good wrestler, and a piledriver will finish of Van Tool.

Lawler has this one here. I'm sure Hammer will give King some fits, but King will start punching away, nail the piledriver, then head to the middle and hit the diving fist bump to Hammer's face and the King advances.

Dominating one territory your entire career is more then enough to beat a guy that got dominated int he ring each and every time he was in there. Hell, Hammer couldn't cut it in the Flock, which is entirely terrible. Lawler is entirely over rated himself, but that's more then enough to beat a career jobber in Van Hammer.

Jerry Lawther - The King, not much in WWE, limited moveset, dominated one territory, stormed out of WWE because his son sucked, his wife was awful and he was little more than a puppy obsessed colour guy.

Ok, he wasn't great, but who the hell is Van Hammer, what has he ever done that trumps Lawther dominating the NWA. Jerry's got one round in him after all.

Lawler, as some people have already mentioned, is one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. Even though most people today know him for his color commentating, in his prime, his only real claim to fame was his real-life feud with Andy Kaufman (really, no one cared about the CWA besides people in Memphis).

But, here, Lawler faces one of the biggest flops and jobbers of all time.

Pick: Lawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back