WCW Houston, Round 3, Match 1: #2 The Undertaker vs. #18 Taz

The Undertaker vs. Taz

• RIP

• FTW

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, where the ring and entrance ramp are equal height, from Houston, TX.

#3. The Undertaker
the_undertaker.jpg

vs.

#18. "The Human Suplex Machine" Taz
taz_ecw.jpg

Mark Calaway, at any point in his career as The Undertaker, takes this match. If I remember correctly, these two had a match together during the "American Badass" phase and Taz lost clean, it'd be no different this time around.

If the match were held in ECW under Extreme Rules, Taz would have a decent shot of getting the W, but even then I don't think he could pull it off. Taker is way out of Taz's league.

Even in ECW, Taker wins this match. However, this is WCW so that's a non factor. Almost any year of Taker's career is more impressive than Taz's entire career. Taker is on almost the highest level a superstar can be at as far as fame and he can pull good and occasionally great matches out of a lot of people. I've seen decent Taz matches but few above average ones. Taker simply destorys the tiny man here with whatever big finishing move he choses. Not even close.

This goes to the Undertaker. I realise this following video is not either of them in their prime, but 'Taker wins it with a chokeslam after annihiliating Taz. If a chokeslam puts Taz away, the Tombstone will kill him

[youtube]lYAHKEGnVDo[/youtube]

I think the only scenario that works in favor with taz is the way teh ramp is set up on an even level with the ring. This allows for Taz to run like hell if the Deadman's back is to him, and jump on him to lock the Tazzmission. This is how he locked it onto Bam Bam, but I also think that was the match Bam Bam threw him into the crowd and cracked his skull on the guardrail.

Taz is better then what he gets credit for, but his entire moveset is based around locking in the Tazzmission, simply a move that won't work on the Undertaker. The Deadman has been in the main event scene, for what, 19 years now? The guy has only "tapped" once, to some choke hold by Angle, but he also tapped as he had Angle pinned for a three, so the match was a draw, and the Undertaker still has never lost a match via submission. I simply can't see it happening now. Plus, he's fresh as a daisy thanks to that round 2 bye.

The Tazmission isn't about making people tap out, it's about making them pass out. Granted, The Undertaker's hardly prone to being knocked unconscious either, just had to point out that flaw.

This would be a very interesting match. I'd imagine, as Undertaker does, that the Deadman would initially underestimate his opponent and Taz would throw him around like he physically shouldn't be able to. End of the day though, the Human Suplex Machine just wouldn't be able to put him down. Outside of an Angle-esque sneaky pin, it's just not going to happen.

Taz...MAYBE in his elite days in ECW (right before he jumped to WWF...remember how freaking over he was?) he could have taken out an Undertaker that was in his mid-prime. But Undertaker is just too good all around to lose to Taz. Undertaker wins with his usual signatures moves...then maybe locks in Hell's Gate just to rub it in Taz's face.

Fuck 'Taker; I'm voting for Taz.

I just spent a good 15 minutes desperately trying to find the video of Taz choking out 911. It was so, so awesome. It's from Heatwave 1996 and while I did find a torrent to the entire show, it would take forever to download so I figured fuck it (plus, I already have the show on DVD so it’s nothing I really need to see, just something I wanted to show you all).

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post it was because first of all, it's the most awesome thing you've ever seen, but more importantly… it shows what kind of monster Taz was in his prime and how he could've fucking killed The Undertaker back then. The video is basically 911 choke slamming the hell out of Taz, and turning around to get Bill Alfonzo. And as soon as he turns around, Taz gets right up and does one of the most wicked suplex's you've ever seen. And after that, chokes him the fuck out.

That's how I would like to picture a match between Taz and 'Taker go. Is it believable? To most of you, probably not, but to any hardcore ECW follower, then yes... it sincerely is.

The Undertaker will end up being one of the greatest wrestlers of all time when it's all said and done, and not many will remember the great things Taz did in ECW. But still... I will always remember them and it more than justifies my vote for Taz as far as I'm concerned. 'Taker has never done anything as entertaining as what Taz accomplished during his prime in ECW, and I honestly believe Taz would've destroyed 'Taker back in those times, no matter where the match took place or what version of the Undertaker he faced; if that motherfucker ‘Taker is in the ring with Taz, there's nothing I see other than 'Taker getting dropped on his head and then getting choked out.

FTW!!!
My vote goes to Taz. Undertaker has always been the WWEs monster slayer, but he never fought a monster quite like the most miserable man on the planet, Taz.

That clip above of Taker and Taz is an example of how WWE simply didn't know what to do with Taz. Had he have been booked the way Heyman had in ECW, he and Taker could have torn the house down. But to think that Taz wouldn't be able to lock in the Tazmission is just plain dumb. Its a move similuar to the Manible claw, which doesn't necesarily need a tap out because it causes the opponent to pass out. Mankind was able to use this very effectively on Taker and Taz could probaly do even better with the Tazmission.

Taz wins after a long back and forth battle via TKO from the Tazmission!

Taz took out some big dudes in his day, but nobody like the Taker. Taker wins this match rather simply.

911 < Taker. Period. You really think Bill Alphonso will distract someone like Taker? Who has Paul Bearer? I won't even factor that into the equation. The Undertaker is simply the phenom. He's beaten them all more than once. He 'killed' Hulkamania, Bret Hart, Sid, Shawn Michaels, Austin, The Rock, Vince McMahon, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Edge, Batista, HHH, Kane, and the list can go for minutes.

Taz has beaten Kurt Angle, RVD, Raven, Shane Douglas, and Tommy Dreamer. In big matches like this, Taz simply can't hang with the Deadman. A suplex won't do the damage on Taker that it does on everyone else. Taker is smarter, faster, and better than 911. He's also a submission guy, too. That triangle choke's deadly as fuck, too.

I can't vote for Taz. Not against the Phenom. Not in WCW, or any C-W.

Taz is a someone that was a force in certain environments, namely a hardcore ECW type of environment. The Undertaker has proven time and time again that he is a force in any type of environment or match.

Taz is someone that's had a few moments in the Sun with wins over the likes of Kurt Angle and RVD. Impressive since they're two of the best. The problem is that his performance against most well known big names is inconsistent. Taker is a model of consistent dominance, he's done it in the WWE for nearly 20 years.

I sometimes read excuses given as to why most big names in ECW flop when they've headed into the big leagues. Sometimes they're legitimate, such as managment not really knowing what to do with them. More often than not, however, is that I think they're simply not nearly as good outside of a hardcore type of environment. In a hardcore environment, Taz would have some credible chance of beating the Undertaker but, even then, I don't think it would happen. Taker's proven his greatness time and time again against all types of opponents. Taz is nothing different and nobody special. Taker takes it in less than 10 minutes.

I wish I could find a way to validate a vote for Taz, but I can't do it. Even if he gets the Tazmission on Undertaker, we've seen him break other holds. I don't think Taz can suplex someone of Taker's height, but I could be wrong. Either way, this ends with a gogoplata, or Tombstone.

Actually the Tazzmission argument by JMT and Jonno made me hesitate a bit. A credit to them and bringing up the pass. The Undertaker has never tapped out, but he has been forced to pass out, Mick Foley, err Mankind, and the Mandible Claw did it. While technically he didn't submit, it put his ass out.

Like the argument said, the Tazzmission is meant to make you tap, but if you don't tap, it can choke you out. However, I'm just not sure with that that I coul dvote Taz past the Deadman.

Im voting The Undertaker to go over Taz. The Undertaker has a height and weight advantage. He is also a multiple time World Champion while Taz has only held a World title twice and that world title was from the third most popular wrestling promotion in the world.

Taz also has many moves that would be difficult for him to do on The Undertaker, that's where the height and weight advantages come in. While on the other hand, The Undertaker is able to hit just about everyone of his moves on Taz.

About the Tazmission, well what if the WCW Referees don't allow it because it is considered a choke hold. They allowed it in ECW and WWE but we are in WCW, so if they don't allow it then Taz is screwed. My vote is still on The Undertaker, maybe if this was ECW Taz might have a better chance but i doubt it.

Taker is way out of Taz's league, and can easily pick up the win over the human suplex machine. I have alot of respect for Taz but I don't think he can effectively suplex the Undertaker as much as he could smaller opponents. Taker hits a chokeslam and Tombstone for a comprehensive victory in his home state.

If this match took place in ECW, Taz may be able to pull this one out. Remember, at his peak Taz was billed as a sawed-off monster who made his career in ECW knocking out the big guys. Taz was able to hold his own in a fued against Bam Bam Bigelow, so he is no slouch just because he's much smaller than Taker. With that being said, this is contested under WCW rules. Taz would not have access to weapons or be able to suplex Taker outside the ring without being disqualified.

Not by any means an easy win, but Taker moves on to the next round.

If Taz were in ECW he MIGHT have a chance against the Undertaker. I still don't think he could pull it off in any environment though. Taker has proven he can do well in just about any sort of environment one on one. Taz held his own against Bigelow, but he didn't beat him and Bigelow is no Undertaker. I think too much emphasis is being put on Taker's size, though it would have some bearing in the fight. I don't see how Taz would have much trouble suplexing Taker. Given Taz's short stature, it just makes it easier for him to get up underneath Taker and get the leverage he needs. Just no suplex Taz has can put him down for the count.

As for the Tazmission, Taker has gotten out of lots of submission holds in the past. Bret Hart's sharpshooter, Flair's figure-four, Angle & Shamrock's ankle lock, Mankind's mandible claw, etc. When you take away the overrated suplexes and the Tazmission, what does he really have left? Taker is just too far out of Taz's league.

Very little tobe said here. You're not going to choke a deadman out, and I sincerely doubt that Taz could suplex him very many times, given the size differential, so that completely nullifies Taz's offensive repetoir. However, Undertaker can still do everything he should be able to here, and goes over easily, I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back