• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WCW Gimmick matches and the WWE

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Ok. Pretty much its simple. Should the WWE bring back some of the gimmick matches, and if so, how and when should they use them.

1. World War 3: I believe they should bring this match back, in its original form.
I believe it should be a mid-summer special, much like the WWE vs. ECW one last year. The winner of the match gets a title shot at Summerslam. So pretty much it would work the same way the Rumble does for Wrestlemania.

2. War Games: Hell yes. Not only is this one of the coolest ideas ever, it's a down right shame that it's not back. 2 rings, 2 or 3 teams, elimination match in side of a steel cage, what's wrong with that? This should be the main event of Survivor Series every year.

3. Triple Tier Cage (Tower of Doom). Hmm, i'm up in the air on this one. Hell in the Cell i would say is sufficient enough. I wouldn't mind seeing it once again. The tower of Doom version was kinda lame imo, but the triple cage going up was pretty cool.

4. Uncensored PPV. I like the idea of having an all gimick match PPV. It's something different at least, but i wouldn't know how to incorporate it into the ppv lineup already.

War Games - absolutely have it at the Survivor Series as the main event. Either with 2 teams of Raw vs. Smackdown and maybe vs. ECW too but 12 guys seems like an awful lot. But i use to love War Games such a great concept damn shame its not around anymore.

I agree about Wargames! It should be brought back. But why can't it be like the HIAC or the Elimination Chamber matches and be used on any PPV? Why just have it on Survivor Series? Don't get me wrong, if your going to have an interpromotional match at Survivor Series why not have it be a Wargames match. But if you got a big feud on Raw, Smackdown, or even ECW then why not have that kind of match at your disposal?

As for the Triple Cage Match, I would love to see HHH, HBK, Edge, Cena, Orton, and CM Punk be in it. The one at Slamboree 2000 was awesome, even though David Arquette came in as WCW Champion.

Wargames is something WCW did at their Sept. PPV, Fall Brawl. You would have two rings side by side and a steel cage twice the size of a normal one, so that it can incampus both rings, cover both rings. Then you would have at least two teams made up of 5 men each. The match would start with a member of both teams inside the huge steel cage. After 5-minutes there would be a coin toss and which ever team won the toss got to have a 2-1 advantage for 2-minutes. After 2-minutes a member of the other team comes out, and it goes back in forth(in 2-minute intervals) until all ten wrestlers are in. I would suggest going to You Tube and checking under War games or Fall Brawl to see what we're talking about. It's a great concept, you won't be disapointed.

I had the priveledge of seeing a WarGames live and it was unbelievable. It was so cool and such an adrenallin rush. The WWE has to at least consider using it because it was so great. But i agree with those who said it should belong to a specific pay-per-view.

I personally think EVERY WWE PPV should have one gimmick match that is a staple of the season each year aside from Summerslam (which could have whichever it chooses), Wrestlemania (same as Summerslam in that respect), and The Royal Rumble (which already has its own signature match). War Games, Battlebowl, The Doomsday Cage, World War 3, the old Thunderdome Cage Match (basically Hell in a Cell), any of the WWE's other types of matches like the Elimination Chamber should all be staples that are looked forward to each season and are always intertwined with a certain PPV. This way, each PPV is always known for having that type of event. This would also help bring some esteem to some of the events that aren't as well received as some of the others.

I think that is ssaid right on Kasey. Maybe the answer to teh WWE PPV buy rates isn't ending the brand extension on ppv's, but to have a big time match for each ppv.

Is it just me, or do the Brand Extension PPV's seem like they have less energy now then either of the Mondya Night shows during the War?

Personally, I have to agree with Kasey here. He's right. The thing I've been seeing is, they take a match like The Elimination Chamber, and they start using it for different PPV's. It's already happened at December To Dismember, Summerslam, Survivor Series, and New Year's Revolution. They need to keep it for one specific PPV. For example, I'm a huge mark for the Buried Alive match. They only have it once every 4 or 5 years though. I find that to be a problem if you want to make a specific PPV to hold a specific match. But, it would make PPV's seem better when you KNOW for sure that every year you get to see a certain stip match.

^Here, here. I just feel that some of the matches are such spectacles that they should definitely be synonymous with a particular event and should be something that EVERYONE looks forward to each year. This way, it really sets that event apart and gives it genuine uniqueness instead of allowing it to be lost in a year-long sea of PPVs. I also feel that WWE should take a cue from TNA and start coming up with special attraction matches strictly for the CW's and for the Tag Teams that they really get behind, this way they could help to strengthen the undercard talent and find some special matches that could cater to each style and really allow it to stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back