Way To Bury The Entire Locker Room Vince

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series tonight in less than 90 seconds. The entire match consisted of Lesnar picking Goldberg up & slamming him into a corner, Goldberg no selling, shoving Lesnar onto the mat, hitting him with a spear with Lesnar selling it like he'd just gotten gut shot with a shotgun, and Goldberg delivering a jackhammer for the three count. The result is that Vince McMahon ultimately just made pretty much every guy in WWE look like crap compared to a guy who not only hasn't wrestled in some 12 years, but was never all that good at it in the first place.

If Vince McMahon set out to make every major star in WWE of the past 15 years impotent, he couldn't have succeeded better tonight if Lesnar had went into the match hogtied and blindfolded. It's not that Goldberg won the match so much in that...well it was a friggin' squash match for God's sake. A squash match in which he decimated the guy who came out on top in feuds against Taker, Rock, Edge, Angle, Big Show, Triple H, CM Punk, Randy Orton, the Wyatt Family, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose.

Yeah I was completely wrong with my predictions and the crowd reaction. But wow what a mistake this was in my opinion. Lesnar beat the streak and was built as legit unstoppable. The guy who beat Brock (I thought it wouldn't be until his last match in about a year and a half at Wrestlemania 34) was gonna get the ultimate rub. It should have been someone who's career was made that night. And then they have an old guy who hasn't wrestled in 12 years, who probably won't wrestle again and who's already beat Brock get the win ? Very, very od and even worse booking. What a mistake!

I think it was perfect.

Brock loses, a punishment fitting for his failed PED test in UFC that WWE had no will/way to punish him for.
Goldberg wins, a redemption fitting for his last WWE run that was a major letdown.

Tonight was the perfect example of sacrificing the bigger picture at the expense of the moment. It's like when you cheat on your girlfriend with a hotter girl, and you only last a minute before finishing. It's amazing for that minute. But then when you're done you realize that you just fucked your life up.

BRILLIANT booking by WWE. The "invincible" Brock Lesnar gets taken down a few pegs, and now he's a victim of the same thing he's done to others - there's now an opponent that Brock simply can't beat. Even if they do a third match where Lesnar wins, it won't matter - it will just mean that Brock finally got lucky. Just like WWE emphatically stated that Brock Lesnar is infinitely superior to The Undertaker in every way, now we know that in the world of WWE, Goldberg is infinitely superior to Brock Lesnar in every way.

I'm gonna inject the WWE with a lethal dose of Poison
If anyones going to kill my creation, it's going to be MEEEEEE!

nWo Vince is back and schizophrenically attacking his own company with decisions like this
To put it in prespective, Shane McMahon, about 30 minutes prior, put on a damn fine performance, and was 100x the man Brock was within Kayfabe.

I mean, it was HAHA funny tonight, I laughed and couldn't believe the finish, I think most people have Lesnar pegged to win, but Goldberg to put on a bit of a fight, friends were commenting they'd then have a 1-1 match breaker at Mania.

The one GOOD thing that comes from tonight, Brock is beatable, Brock is vulnerable, and whomever goes up against him next, has a chance to beat him, without it being someone like Roman or Seth. Brock is now blown down a couple tiers, to where KO can legit take him on, and people won't be dumbfounded when KO wins.

My big big big issue, is that they spent about an hour hyping this match including preshow. They spent about 3 hours total of RAW time over the last couple months hyping this match, and then spent about 3 minutes on entrances for a 1:20 Main event. I mean, usually you're lie, a 5:1 or 10:1 at most ratio for hyping vs match, not a 1000:1, it's wasting everyone's time.

Me thinks they've been trying to get Bill to come back for 1 match for a decade, and when they finally got him to come back, he had to be the usual Greedy SOB he is, and take the W or he wouldn't do it. (Goldberg never had respect for the business, similar to Brock, another guy who won't follow the "Go out on your back" tradition.)

Another interesting Stat; The last person to pin Goldberg clean in a 1v1 match with no interference, weapons, or gimmick, Was Goldberg at Wrestlemania We're both Quitting.

Wow. I have no idea what to say about this. False advertising? I don't know.

Was this all for a video game? WWE burying the roster and promoting a 4 minute, 5 move 'Mega Match' for a video game?

I'm really getting sick of watching random Lesnar matches. They're random, short, generic but lazy.

Thought Nakamura or Joe deserved this victory far more than Goldberg to put them over. Now that Lesnar's recent streak is over, and in such emphatic fashion, it does make vulnerable.

Wow. I have no idea what to say about this. False advertising? I don't know.

Was this all for a video game? WWE burying the roster and promoting a 4 minute, 5 move 'Mega Match' for a video game?

I'm really getting sick of watching random Lesnar matches. They're random, short, generic but lazy.

Thought Nakamura or Joe deserved this victory far more than Goldberg to put them over. Now that Lesnar's recent streak is over, and in such emphatic fashion, it does make vulnerable.

Shinsuke Nakamura beating Brock Lesnar is a bad joke.

Funny how all you guys are such hypocrites, praising WWE for having Brock Lesnar squash top stars, but when a top star squashes Brock Lesnar, you all whine like babies.

Doesn't bury anything. The moment was a legit shock to the WWE world. Sure it stains Brock's unbeatable armor that's been built up for the last couple of years but it's nothing that can't be immediately fixed.

If Goldberg's appearance is a one shot here then it was a brilliant move. It gave us that nostalgic, shocking moment to end Survivor Series. Brock can come out on Raw and beat the crap out of everyone for the first 30 minutes until he's fired.

Then rehired by Royal Rumble to start a Wrestlenania feud with _____ _______ and gain some of his beast armor back.

That match made absolutely zero sense. Brock not only lost, he got squashed by Goldberg in less than 90 seconds. What a joke.

I would love to hear Vince explain how that made any sense.

1. It doesn't matter that social media and wrestling fans are going crazy talking about it. Sure, it was a big moment. But the buzz created by this is going to last for about 24 hours and than nobody is going to care anymore. And all Vince succeeded in doing was creating some momentary buzz and killing off his beast who hadn't lost in years...

Seeing Brock get pinned cleanly for the first time in years should have been a special moment for somebody. Not Goldberg and his kid. The next time Lesnar loses it's not going to have the same special feel it should have. Someone like Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, even Roman Reigns could have had a huge moment to capitalize on by being the one to knock Brock off.

How does Goldberg beating him do anything for anyone? It gets WWE some buzz that will quickly die away.

2. Even if this leads to a rematch and Brock wins, you can't undo whats already been done. We all just watched Goldberg manhandle Brock Lesnar and make him look like a little kid going up against a grown man.

So we had to watch a 2+ year long push of Brock Lesnar only to have it end in a 90 second squash match against a washed up guy who can't even wrestle? They knew Goldberg probably couldn't even give them a 10 minute match. So they have him squash Brock Lesnar, a legit badass. Vince insulted not only his locker room but his fan base too.

Unpredictability is awesome. But not when its stupid. James Ellsworth could have beat Brock Lesnar and everyone would be talking about it. But that doesn't make it a good idea longterm. My point being is that just because people are talking about something, doesn't mean its a good idea.

In 24 hours nobody is going to care anymore that Goldberg beat Brock. But we all just watched Brock get beat. Thats the problem.

Funny how all you guys are such hypocrites, praising WWE for having Brock Lesnar squash top stars, but when a top star squashes Brock Lesnar, you all whine like babies.

Disagree about Shinsuke but that's just an opinion.

I enjoyed Brock's first few years since his return, but after his match with Reigns at Mania 31, I haven't really enjoyed one of his matches. As I said, they're all the same, they're short, and don't help anyone.

The difference between Brock and Goldberg is that while Brock is lazy, he can still wrestle. He didn't come back and have a 5 move, 4 minute match with Cena. They had a 15-20 minute match. Lesnar was also capable in the ring and while being stiff he was still somewhat safe. They also built him back up over time. Matches with Cena, Triple H, Reigns, Rollins, Orton and of course The Undertaker. The man who will beat Lesnar, whether its Reigns, Joe, Nakamura, etc. will get big momentum.

Goldberg is likely back for 1 match. Even his entrance tonight had the 2K17 logo in it. What good does it do to destroy your biggest monster in 4 minutes, by a guy who has been away for 12 years.

I feel like after this there is no great win or moment left anymore. The only possible redemption for this is if a heel Reigns or someone else goes over Goldberg at Mania.

I have been shocked for weeks at the amount of people who were actually invested in watching another bore-a-thon between Brock and Goldberg after the last time.

From the minute it was Announced till now it has been one huge disappointment. The build up was awful in my opinion and the promos on Raw done absolutely nothing to gain my interest.

It was obvious for why the match was happening, to sell WWE 2K17, it was not for the purposes of storyline and it will probably now leave them in a situation were they will regret risking one of there main assets for the sake of a advertisement.

The quick finish probably done everyone a favour, and was probably the only viable way of the match having some type of positive impact, I couldn't of imagined watching 15 minutes of a man who earlier this year competed in the UFC & apparent 'career ender' in WWE and Goldberg, a man who hasn't fought for 12 years. That same point also make's it hard to believe that Goldberg squashed him in around a minute!

It's likely Lesnar, will go off for another break and comeback before Mania to build a match, probably at rumble, were I can only imagine they will let him elimnate a mass of oppenents to show he is still the dominant force in WWE and is back 'Bigger Stronger and Hungrier than ever' after his loss to Goldberg making Tonight merely a small Mauro commentary side note by the time we next see Brock on TV.

Yet again, New Era, Same old shit.

Disagree about Shinsuke but that's just an opinion.

I enjoyed Brock's first few years since his return, but after his match with Reigns at Mania 31, I haven't really enjoyed one of his matches. As I said, they're all the same, they're short, and don't help anyone.

The difference between Brock and Goldberg is that while Brock is lazy, he can still wrestle. He didn't come back and have a 5 move, 4 minute match with Cena. They had a 15-20 minute match. Lesnar was also capable in the ring and while being stiff he was still somewhat safe. They also built him back up over time. Matches with Cena, Triple H, Reigns, Rollins, Orton and of course The Undertaker. The man who will beat Lesnar, whether its Reigns, Joe, Nakamura, etc. will get big momentum.

Goldberg is likely back for 1 match. Even his entrance tonight had the 2K17 logo in it. What good does it do to destroy your biggest monster in 4 minutes, by a guy who has been away for 12 years.

For me, seeing Nakamura beat Zack Ryder would be a joke. Nakamura has already usurped Dean Ambrose as the king of cartoonish facial expressions. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to take him seriously.

Why? You obviously support it but for what reason?

I already adequately explained my reasons in my first post.

It knocks Lesnar down a few pegs and removes some of his bull$shit "invincible" mystique.

Having a top star beat Brock Lesnar is far better than hotshotting some young guy over Lesnar and wasting that moment on someone who might or might not work out in the long run.

Giving Lesnar an opponent that he can't beat removes him from that ultimate upper echelon that Lesnar and only Lesnar resided in, where he could beat anybody but nobody could beat him. Now there's someone than Lesnar just can't beat.

For me, seeing Nakamura beat Zack Ryder would be a joke. Nakamura has already usurped Dean Ambrose as the king of cartoonish facial expressions. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to take him seriously.
think we have a lot in common. when I look at Nakamura all i see is some scrawny Japanese guy (and I love the Japanese as I wish to live there one day, hopefully soon as I am closer to 40 than 30) trying TO DAMN HARD to look American

A few points here. Everything that happened from bell to bell with Goldberg vs. Lesnar actually wasn't all that far-fetched, if at all.

With that point in mind (and I'll explain it in a sec), people really need to stop going on about 'squashes', 'burying', 'full time wrestler should've got that rub', etc. It's wrestling, and you're just spoiling it for yourself.

Back on point, Goldberg's focus was emphasised by Cole during the match. After Goldberg dropped Lesnar, Brock kind of smirked, turned around, got up, and got speared. He literally turned his back to Goldberg, with Goldberg remaining focused the entire time. And there are no surprises in how devastating Goldberg's spears have been booked in the past. You honestly cannot have expected Brock to have been speared in this match, and NOT sold it as being hurt bad (regardless of what the match result turned out to be).

This match actually doesn't hurt Brock. Heyman will emphasise that the only reason it went down that way is because Brock was caught off guard. That's all the match was booked as - Lesnar really being caught off guard. A full time guy is still going to have a full-length match with him and beat him somewhere down the road. If anything, this result makes Lesnar seem more dangerous - he underestimated Goldberg and turned his back, and now he's going to be even more focused and intense from now on.

So, their booking makes sense from a wrestling perspective. The over-analysis is getting really annoying, especially when you consider what this is and what it's supposed to be - ENTERTAINMENT. FUN. A TV SHOW. Jesus H. Christ.

think we have a lot in common. when I look at Nakamura all i see is some scrawny Japanese guy (and I love the Japanese as I wish to live there one day, hopefully soon as I am closer to 40 than 30) trying TO DAMN HARD to look American

I don't think he tries to look American. I think he tries to look charismatic and intimidating, but instead he looks like he crapped his pants.

I already adequately explained my reasons in my first post.

It knocks Lesnar down a few pegs and removes some of his bull$shit "invincible" mystique.

Having a top star beat Brock Lesnar is far better than hotshotting some young guy over Lesnar and wasting that moment on someone who might or might not work out in the long run.

Giving Lesnar an opponent that he can't beat removes him from that ultimate upper echelon that Lesnar and only Lesnar resided in, where he could beat anybody but nobody could beat him. Now there's someone than Lesnar just can't beat.

The reason Lesnar ending The Undertakers streak worked was because Lesnar was going to be around for WWE to use. And he was able to work with guys like Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, etc and have a big impact on the company going forward.

Goldberg can't do that. He's 48, hasn't worked in 12 years, and was never a good in ring performer to begin with. He's not going to be able to work with anybody in anything other than a squash type of match.

I'm convinced this was a WTF moment to shock people and create buzz. But the buzz is going to have a short term effect.

I think it should have been Nakamura too!!

The difference is Brock squashing all these opponents was supposed to be building him so when we finally lost clean the guy who beat him would be a made man so to speak. This was a complete waste that does nothing for anyone at all.

The reason Lesnar ending The Undertakers streak worked was because Lesnar was going to be around for WWE to use. And he was able to work with guys like Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, etc and have a big impact on the company going forward.

Goldberg can't do that. He's 48, hasn't worked in 12 years, and was never a good in ring performer to begin with. He's not going to be able to work with anybody in anything other than a squash type of match.

I'm convinced this was a WTF moment to shock people and create buzz. But the buzz is going to have a short term effect.

The Streak ending worked to you and a lot of people. To me and a lot of other people, it was a complete waste. It did nothing for Lesnar and only served to ruin Undertaker's career for no reason. The only person who benefitted from it was Paul Heyman.

A few points here. Everything that happened from bell to bell with Goldberg vs. Lesnar actually wasn't all that far-fetched, if at all.

With that point in mind (and I'll explain it in a sec), people really need to stop going on about 'squashes', 'burying', 'full time wrestler should've got that rub', etc. It's wrestling, and you're just spoiling it for yourself.

Back on point, Goldberg's focus was emphasised by Cole during the match. After Goldberg dropped Lesnar, Brock kind of smirked, turned around, got up, and got speared. He literally turned his back to Goldberg, with Goldberg remaining focused the entire time. And there are no surprises in how devastating Goldberg's spears have been booked in the past. You honestly cannot have expected Brock to have been speared in this match, and NOT sold it as being hurt bad (regardless of what the match result turned out to be).

This match actually doesn't hurt Brock. Heyman will emphasise that the only reason it went down that way is because Brock was caught off guard. That's all the match was booked as - Lesnar really being caught off guard. A full time guy is still going to have a full-length match with him and beat him somewhere down the road. If anything, this result makes Lesnar seem more dangerous - he underestimated Goldberg and turned his back, and now he's going to be even more focused and intense from now on.

So, their booking makes sense from a wrestling perspective. The over-analysis is getting really annoying, especially when you consider what this is and what it's supposed to be - ENTERTAINMENT. FUN. A TV SHOW. Jesus H. Christ.

I get what you are saying. But the full time guy having the match with Lesnar and beating him, if that happens, will not have the same impact that it would have had if Goldberg didn't beat Brock. Seeing Brock pinned for the first time in years was going to be a big deal. They used it on Goldberg. It only has that special feel once. Thats over now.

Goldberg is the guy who beat the guy who beat The Undertakers streak.

Honestly i knew Goldberg was going to win, naturally not like this, i thought Brock was going to get disqualified by beating him up so much and not listening to the referee, or outside interference by someone like Braun Stroman, since he has been demanding tougher competition, something in that nature, but definitely not in a squash match, in my opinion, Brock must have done something to piss off Vince and this was his retaliation towards Brock, unless there is a plan for a third match, who knows at this point.....

The Streak ending worked to you and a lot of people. To me and a lot of other people, it was a complete waste. It did nothing for Lesnar and only served to ruin Undertaker's career for no reason. The only person who benefitted from it was Paul Heyman.

Thats fair.

But there was a long term plan in mind for Lesnar. They had him beat Taker for a reason regardless of whether or not everyone agreed with it. A booking reason.

Whats the plan for Goldberg now that he's knocked off Lesnar? Where does WWE go from here? So now it's just known that Lesnar can't beat Goldberg? Ok. Unless Goldberg is sticking around and going to do some more stuff in the ring, why did we need to know that he's superior to Brock? I just don't understand what the point of it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back