Paul Heyman VS CM Punk Next Week On Raw: What's Going To Happen?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So during the backstage interview after the Lesnar/Punk brawl, Heyman issued a challenge to Punk for a match next week on Raw. Of course, Punk accepted.

I think the Punk VS Heyman "match" will be similar to the Vince McMahon VS Heyman "fight" earlier this year. Heyman will walk out, talking a bunch of trash, while Punk will probably limp to the ring, selling the attack from Lesnar tonight. Heyman will probably get a few cheap shots in before Punk finally gains the upper hand.....and then Lesnar will appear to finish Heyman's job as usual.

I imagine it'll go something like their brawl tonight. Punk threw everything he had at Lesnar, but it wasn't enough to keep him down for good. Although, on the go home show for Summerslam, I think the brawl will end with Punk standing tall, giving off the perception Punk has a real shot to take down Lesnar. Punk did a great job of showing no fear against Lesnar tonight, and no matter how hard he tried, Punk wouldn't back down to Lesnar.

The brawl tonight really worked, and I think we got a sneak preview to how the match is going to go at Summerslam. Punk threw out his best, and launched a relentless attack to take Lesnar off of his feet. But Lesnar still looked like the unstoppable monster, because Punk's best wasn't enough to stop him. And you know Heyman is going to cause some trouble for Punk at ringside during the match at Summerslam, just like he did tonight by pleading with Punk, while he was holding the chair. Maybe the match between Heyman and Punk kicks off Raw, because I imagine something with Cena and Bryan will close the show.

Personally, I think it will be a whole lot of nothing. Heyman comes out looking as if he is going to fight before luring Punk into a trap where he is ultimately beaten by Lesnar. Can see Lesnar getting the upper-hand once more, however I can only see Punk winning at Summerslam

For me I don't think we see they much out of it either. Punk will come out, the commentators will play up his "blind hate" I'd imagine Heyman cuts a promo whilst he's coming down, before Punk damages Heyman we get Axel run in. Punk fights him off, enter Lesnar, and this time Lesnar "destroys him." However unlike others in here I truly feel Lesnar ultimately wins and his feud doesn't end yet.

most likely Heyman will come out (looking ready for a fight), cut a promo. then Punk comes out only to be jumped by either Axel or Lesnar (take your pick) and if it's Axel, Punk takes him out then gets confronted by Lesnar and if Brock goes over at SummerSlam, then here i see Punk winning the battle with Lesnar and himself on RAW to look strong heading into SummerSlam. but i dont see Punk getting his hands on Heyman

The only wild card I see from this is if/when Lesnar and Axel show and take on Punk, someone comes from the back to make the save. Punk gets a temporary ally and possibly begins the slow build to Survivor Series. Team Heyman vs Team Punk. Who's it going to be? No idea. If something like that doesn't happen, prepare for another beat down.

I hope we get some sadomasochistic homoerotic chest slapping on Heyman. I didn't get enough of that from Heyman's encounter with Triple H. The sexual tension was palpable.

I think what will happen is that it'll mostly be used as a means of having a final confrontation between CM Punk & Brock Lesnar before SummerSlam. If I'm not mistaken, Lesnar is advertised to appear on next week's Raw, so that's what it'll ultimately boil down to.

Prior to the "match" in & of itself, it wouldn't surprise me to see Curtis Axel jump CM Punk while he's on his way out to the ring. The two of them wind up brawling for a while with Axel being able to significantly weaken Punk before Punk is able to ultimately get the best of him. By that time, maybe Heyman jumps Punk and has an easier time of it with Punk still suffering from Axel's attack. Maybe Heyman even uses a chair a few times and decides to finish Punk off before Punk rallies and starts to deliver some shots of his own, then Lesnar's music hits and they meet for round 3. This time around, Punk gets the better of Lesnar and winds up either laying him out at ringside or in the ring or forcing Lesnar to retreat while licking his wounds.

One of two things will happen here:

1. The match never gets started. There's no chance Punk gets his hands on Heyman before Summerslam, which would be the earliest he will, or should, for that matter. I don't know if Brock Lesnar is advertised for Raw next week, but if he is, I could see punk making his entrance, and while Heyman is coming to the ring, Lesnar comes from the crowd and beats Punk down. Punk battles back valiantly, but is once again beaten down by Lesnar. Axel as well, as revenge for the GTS he took from Punk last night.

2. The match is made to No-DQ, possibly at Punk's request, even. It's an old tactic used(Cena vs. Federline comes to mind) for when the heel has no chance, but massive interference allows him to win. In this case, the bell actually does ring, and Heyman flees. As he's fleeing, he's attacked by Lesnar(based on his availability) and Axel, and after being beaten up, Heyman pins an unconscious Punk.

Once again, Punk's over-zealousness will cost a usually intelligent competitor cost him, one way or another. He'll either get beaten down before the match, or pinned by Paul Heyman, showing "proof" that, as Heyman has said, Punk would be nothing without him.

However it goes down, Heyman will be standing tall over Punk at the end of the match/segment.

Punk and Heyman keep bringing up this is personal not business. What better way to make it more personal than for a debuting Colt Cabana to come out and help Heyman? This could help someone else's post about a Team Heyman vs Team Punk at Survivor Series. Behind the scenes wise nice gesture by HHH and Vince towards Punk by basically giving his best friend a live 4 month trial run in one of, maybe the top storyline.

I would say similar to Vince vs Heyman last year. It won't actually be Paul Heyman, it will be Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar will get involved in the match and defend Paul Heyman.

I think Heyman actually beats CM Punk. If it is a No-DQ match then Axel then Lesnar will come out and attack Punk. This will allow Heyman the victory to antagonise Punk even further. It makes sense and the route I think they will go down.

They cannot have Punk hit Heyman, or at least not for a sustained period of time. There is still plenty of time in this feud so they need to build to the point where Punk finally gets his hands on Heyman

Punk obviously can't get his hands on Heyman as it kills the angle, but he is supposed to be a savvy veteran and KNOWS this is a trap, so he should be prepared.

I'd go with something simple like Heyman entering first, then Punk comes down but doesn't take his jacket off, then Brock's music hits and Heyman grins, but when Brock gets into the ring Punk pulls a steel pipe out of his coat and waffles Brock with it, showing he'll do what it takes to drop the beast, Heyman obviously runs for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back