• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Backlash the most brutal (kayfabe) PPV ever?

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
We had HHH stretchered after a punt, Cena thrown through the bat signal, and Matt Hardy being tied to a table and destroyed.

Has there ever been a WWE PPV with more violent finishes?

I assume people will bring up Taker/Mankind, but that was just one match. The rest of that PPV wasn't nearly as violent as that one match.

kotr 98 was the most brutal ever in my opinion

not only was taker/mankind increibly brutal(which that match alone could make it the most brutal ppv ever) but the kane/austin first blood match match was pretty damn brutal as well.

I thought the original one night stand PPV was pretty with Tanaka vs. Awesome, the main event, and a few other bouts (although there were tons of ECW PPV's that were just one blood bath after another).

All in all there have been more brutal PPV's, but this was the first one in a while.

It was one of the most brutal PPV's in the sense that it was a very shitty PPV with 1 "decent match" and about 6 terrible ones.

It was one of the most brutal PPV's in the sense that it was a very shitty PPV with 1 "decent match" and about 6 terrible ones.

wow, just enjoy the wwe for what it is today. 6 terrible matches? you're obviously smoking something. please, either stop complaining or stop watching, it's that simple.

:fuckoff:

As far as brutal spots in matches, it ranks right up there. The thing is, they need to sell their injuries better. Cena is injured and you STAND HIM UP?! No, you either go off the air as their tending to him, or you do a better job of treating it like a legit injury.

It seems like many are worried about making things 'too real' and getting backlash (no pun intended) from the media for 'faking injuries' when that's what the WWE does. In my opinion, I'd treat every injury angle like it was an actual injury. Look at how the medics acted around Droz and Owen. That's how they should act when ANY injury takes place. Fake or not.

But as far as brutal finishes, it wasn't as bad as others have been. No blood. The spots were original but more of a show than actually brutal. Mankind didn't have exploding pyro when he it the Spanish Announce table. Overall, Backlash surprised me. It's what WM should have been.

Good violent finishes but not 'brutal'. There have been much worse i think, there wasn't any blood, the match's themselves weren't that brutal so on that i couldnt rate it as brutal as other PPV's in the past.

I was actually happy with the PPV as a whole though which surprised me. Everything was pretty good bar the Kane/Punk match and the Santino(a) thing.

Every ECW PPV...ever...was more brutal than all the brutal stuff WWE has put on this year so far.

Now, I wasn't a big ECW fan back in the day, I"m just sayin.

I do think WWE needs to screw this PG crap and bring back some blood. An I Quit and Last Man Standing match in the same PPV, with 2 stretchers, and not a single drop of blood? That's crap.

Every ECW PPV...ever...was more brutal than all the brutal stuff WWE has put on this year so far.

Now, I wasn't a big ECW fan back in the day, I"m just sayin.

I do think WWE needs to screw this PG crap and bring back some blood. An I Quit and Last Man Standing match in the same PPV, with 2 stretchers, and not a single drop of blood? That's crap.

blood does not = amazing matches

those matches were fine alone without any blood

Well ECW is one thing, but of coarse they are gonna be more brutal. Its EC fucking W for crying out loud. But as far as WWE(F) goes i gotta say Survivor Series 2000. Das when Rikishi banzi dropped the rock like 4 times after the matdch and rock was like coughing up blood backstage...then when austin dumped HHH off that forclift from God knows how many feet in the air. That always stuck out in my mind

I don't think it was the most violent. Through a good ppv, it does just go to show that u don't need blood in these matahces to put on a show.
In my opinion, ECW ONS 2006 was quite brutal, with the Edge/Foley, Cena/RVD and Mysterio/Sabu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back