Wade Barrett's new music good or bad?

HBK/RKO

Occasional Pre-Show
Wade Barrett debuted his new entrance music at the Royal Rumble and I didn't care for it because I could barely hear it and I figured the crowd was just really loud. I then just heard it again on Smackdown and I couldn't hear it that well again and the parts I did hear I hated. The singer isnt very good. I don't know about everyone else but I loved the End of Days entrance music he had and I believe he should have kept that but WWE wanted to change.
My question is to you do you like his new theme music?

The old theme was better. This one just didnt pack a punch to it. Barret is basically a main eventer on Smackdown. He needs a main eventer type song, not a lower midcarder theme.

Youtube, Wade Barrett 12th theme.

Its certainly not as good as his Nexus nor his old theme, but rumours are Barrett had some say in his new theme so... who are we to bitch about it.

Wade Barrett is a wonderful talent but wwe got it wrong with his entrance. He deserves a more darker theme that equals the persona of his character but we give him a gay sounding TNA theme.

Holy crap, his new theme is just terrible. Apparently Barret said that he hated "End of Days" and that he helped choose this new one. I just wonder, what kind of music does Barrett even listen to if this is what he thinks would make a good theme? I don't think it fits him at all. I'll be surprised if I find anyone that actually likes it. The new theme is called "Just Don't Care Anymore," well, apparently they quit caring about his themes because of how many versions The Corre had gotten with "End of Days." :)

I dont mind his theme. Its good, i just dont think it fits Barrett. It seems like a song that would be for a face. Barrett isnt turning face so thats out of the question. Wade openly expressed that he didnt want "End Of Days" as his song and that he chose his new theme. I consider this with the same feel with Orton. He didnt like "Burn In My Light" even though most people liked it. he wanted a change so he got it.
Hopefully is song grows on us. I remember everyone hated "I Came To Play" when it first came out. Now everyone loves that song so lets hope for the best!

His new music is awful, its quiet and boring. His old music really made his presence known and really suited him

I don't see this song growing on me. It doesn't play well to arenas because it's too busy of a song. Wrestling themes usually need to be a bit simpler and riff driven. Not to mention the fact that the song is god awful to begin with. I hope this is one of those cases (Like Orton with This fire Burns before punk had it) where the song just goes away after a couple weeks.

I was upset seeing that it changed because I was already used to the old one. It was a good theme, not great. This theme...Sounds like something Heath Slater would use. It doesnt fit his persona. I expect it to change to something better soon.

We're currently in a dearth of really good, catchy, memorable theme songs for superstars. It's one of the few things I'll that Attitude era was better for; each superstar had their own original music which matched their gimmick perfectly.

Now though, I don't know if Jim Johnston is losing his touch or just has less creative control, but so many superstars come out to bland, generic radio rock which has no lasting effect on the audience or the character. I for one cannot think off the top of my head what music Justin Gabriel, Drew McIntyre, Ezekiel Jackson, etc. have. But if you asked me to tell you what D'Lo Brown, Mr. Ass, Al Snow, The Big Boss Man, Kaientai, Essa Rios, Scotty 2 Hotty, or Dean Malenko walked to the ring to, I'd remember straight away.

It also doesn't help that there is no continuity, as the right honourable DeathClutch said, Wade is on his 12th theme. That's a dozen different themes in nearly two years - please just settle!

I like the song itself, but it doesnt suit Wade at all. They should've stayed with the old one.

Dunno, the more I listen to it, the catchier it gets. I loved end of days but at the end of the day (no pun intended) if Barrett likes his new theme song, who are we to complain? It'll probably get remixed 100 times over the next few months anyway, lol

I don't like it either, sounds like something Justin Gabriel would have. 'End of Days' was such a better them for Barrett, really suited him.

I'm glad this was mentioned. This new theme music is far too difficult to hear and really unexciting. It reminded me of the countless low carders who when the make their debut and you hear their entrance theme you think "Awe..poor _______, he'll never make it with that song.."

Yeah but who knows? I mean after we hear the damn thing for the 15th time, it might grow on us. I have to ask myself was end of days that great or was I just used to it?

Dunno, the more I listen to it, the catchier it gets. I loved end of days but at the end of the day (no pun intended) if Barrett likes his new theme song, who are we to complain? It'll probably get remixed 100 times over the next few months anyway, lol

We're the audience. The ones who Wade is trying to get over with so that we cheer or boo him so he continues to find himself employed. Wade btw is terrific, and his ultra crappy theme music won't kill his career but music is part of his packaging and presentation is very important in the WWE. The song doesn't fit. He needs to try something else.

Pretty sure they decided to spring this new umm tune on us at the Rumble. When this shit they call music started no one knew what the fuck was going on or who was coming out, and many of us were like really? what is this shit?

They need to change it back immediately, just when his old music started to sync with his character they changed it

The fact that I heard it yesterday and can still remember how it goes makes it a very good theme.

The new one does fit, last few weeks Barrett has been getting more Tweener reaction than out and out heel... the new them fits that... that he doesn't care... It sounds like an 80's punk tune, with Barrett being English it kinda works... It's not ideal, but it'll probably grow on people over time.

It's almost full circle on themes now, the best ones are the licensed ones... A big part of Punk right now is "Cult Of Personality". Bryan's is classical and out of copyright so they can use it free, would he have got over more as a face with "The Final Countdown" like he had on the Indy's? Bet he would have! but WWE has just got lower tier bands to do songs cheaply for most of their talent. If I had my pick it'd be a band like Kasabian or the Stone Roses for Barrett.

This song single-handedly sucked the energy of arena at the Royal Rumble. His last theme wasn't great either, but this one is a downgrade. It just doesn't sound suitable for a wrestling entrance. I think the song can be saved if they remix it to give it an impactful intro and overall sound.

OK. His last theme was not much better. Putting it's first appearance in the Royal Rumble match itself was a terrible idea though. 'Hey! Here's one of the guys we want people to think might win the Rumble, let's flounder the heat he would otherwise have by tampering with his music. Tee he he'. No. Silly people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back