Theme Music

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Is it me or is today's theme music a little underwhelming or at best, misplaced? Where to begin, take MVP's music, can you even hear the words to the song besides "1, 2, you hear the clock tickin', I'm comin"(I'm comin', very PG by the way)? Same thing with Shelton Benjamin and Mark Henry's music, this is probably why they don't get very huge pops, you can't hear the damn music most of the time. Now, let's look at the guys with blaring music. Edge, Orton, and Jericho's music are all great, in my opinion, but they don't fit their characters. Edge's theme sounds like it's for a face if you listen to the lyrics, Orton's theme "Voices", as it was stated previously by someone on this forum, would've been fitting if he kept up that intermitten explosive disorder thing but when we found out that everything he did was still out of vengeance against HHH, "Burn In My Light" once again fit better, look at the lyrics. Jericho's theme just doesn't fit his character, if fact if it was me, I wouldn't have any theme music to show the people how much I really don't care about them. And sometimes the music isn't recongnizable to me, I'm just now recongnizing "This Fire Burns" as CM Punk's theme. Back in the day, you know whose theme was whose. You hear glass shattering, Stone Cold was coming to whip some ass, you hear "If Ya' Smell What The Rock Is Cookin" you know The Great One was coming to lay the smack down, you hear "Also Sprach Zarathustra" you know the Nature Boy was about to walk the aisle, style, and profile, don't get me started on Goldberg's theme. Get the picture.

PS Greatest Theme's (in no particular order)

Nation of Domination
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Ric Flair
NWO
Bret Hart
The Big Show
HBK
HHH(when was the Conneticut Blue Blood and now)
Hollywood Hogan
RVD(Walk and One of a Kind)
Sabu
Goldberg
DDP
Lex Luger(the one by Hole)
I think that's it.

I think they do a pretty good job with everybody's theme. Voices still fits RKO just fine. It took you this long to notice Punk's music? Killswitch Engage is a hell of a band!

I agree with what you said about Orton. Although Voices is also a good theme, Burn in My Light was way better and fits his character better. Also, when he interrupted somebody, you would hear "HEY!" instead of "I hear voices...".

Is it me or is today's theme music a little underwhelming or at best, misplaced? Where to begin, take MVP's music, can you even hear the words to the song besides "1, 2, you hear the clock tickin', I'm comin"(I'm comin', very PG by the way)? Same thing with Shelton Benjamin and Mark Henry's music, this is probably why they don't get very huge pops, you can't hear the damn music most of the time. Now, let's look at the guys with blaring music. Edge, Orton, and Jericho's music are all great, in my opinion, but they don't fit their characters. Edge's theme sounds like it's for a face if you listen to the lyrics, Orton's theme "Voices", as it was stated previously by someone on this forum, would've been fitting if he kept up that intermitten explosive disorder thing but when we found out that everything he did was still out of vengeance against HHH, "Burn In My Light" once again fit better, look at the lyrics. Jericho's theme just doesn't fit his character, if fact if it was me, I wouldn't have any theme music to show the people how much I really don't care about them. And sometimes the music isn't recongnizable to me, I'm just now recongnizing "This Fire Burns" as CM Punk's theme. Back in the day, you know whose theme was whose. You hear glass shattering, Stone Cold was coming to whip some ass, you hear "If Ya' Smell What The Rock Is Cookin" you know The Great One was coming to lay the smack down, you hear "Also Sprach Zarathustra" you know the Nature Boy was about to walk the aisle, style, and profile, don't get me started on Goldberg's theme. Get the picture.

PS Greatest Theme's (in no particular order)

Nation of Domination
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Ric Flair
NWO
Bret Hart
The Big Show
HBK
HHH(when was the Conneticut Blue Blood and now)
Hollywood Hogan
RVD(Walk and One of a Kind)
Sabu
Goldberg
DDP
Lex Luger(the one by Hole)
I think that's it.

You don’t like MVP, Benjamin, or Henry’s themes. So I guessing you are not a fan of rap, hell I know the first verse of each wrestlers theme without looking it up. I mean you got one of New Orleans best rappers in Slikk Tha Shocker doing MVP’s theme, Benjamin theme fits his heel status and Mark Henry got my boys 3.6 Mafia doing his theme repping the south. Three of the best themes in the WWE.

Randy Orton “Burn in My Light” theme did not fit his heel character or his face character and by his own standards he said he hated the theme from day one and tried to get it changed. I hated that theme when he came out do that stupid promo on Evolution with the pictures, the theme didn’t fit while voices fits perfect and the lyrics match what Orton is and the theme was done to fit Orton character so its perfect.

I like Edge theme as his other themes didn’t really sound right.

My top ten themes in the WWE that need be change are in particular order:
1. HHH-His theme is played out, his “My Time” theme will always be his best but I wish he would change his theme as I prefer “King of Kings” over “I’m The Game”

2. Carlito- I hate stereotypical themes with no words, in fact I really just don’t like instrumental themes that much.

3. Matt Hardy- Live for the moment was perfect when he first received it, but his new heel persona needs a change in themes, I mean he is wearing tights now and & not looking like a cheap indy wrestler, so get a new theme

4. Charlie Haas, only because he switch from his really cool rock theme to that bland WGTT theme.

5. Chris Jericho- Just because it’s a remix of his first WWE theme which means it’s the same theme and he has a new gimmick sort of. He is not y2j so give him an adult theme.

6.Kane-Hate instrumental themes and especially when the WWE made him give up a cool theme for that crap he has now. Bring back slow chemical

7.R- Truth- I’m just getting bored saying what’s up

8. John Cena-Just add him to the list of guys who had a cooler theme before the change, but I did like “My Time is Now” but we are in his time and era, do a new rap and show the world you can still rap, I suggest a song he did off his album “ChainGang is The click”

9. Tommy Dreamer-instrumental bland crap.

10.Finlay- Old theme was badass, new theme is gayass

Now for my favorite current WWE themes with little explanations:

1.Zack Ryder-Oh Radio(WooWooWoo….You Know It!)
2.Big Show-Crank It Up
3.Hurricane Helms-It’s Time!
4.Cryme Tyme-Bringing the Hood to you
5.Christian-Close Your Eyes Remix
6.Dolph Ziggler-His new theme
7.The Brian Kendrick-Man With A Plan
8.Cody Rhodes-New Day
9.Randy Orton-Voices
10.Ted Dibiase-Priceless

You don’t like MVP, Benjamin, or Henry’s themes. So I guessing you are not a fan of rap, hell I know the first verse of each wrestlers theme without looking it up. I mean you got one of New Orleans best rappers in Slikk Tha Shocker doing MVP’s theme, Benjamin theme fits his heel status and Mark Henry got my boys 3.6 Mafia doing his theme repping the south. Three of the best themes in the WWE.

Randy Orton “Burn in My Light” theme did not fit his heel character or his face character and by his own standards he said he hated the theme from day one and tried to get it changed. I hated that theme when he came out do that stupid promo on Evolution with the pictures, the theme didn’t fit while voices fits perfect and the lyrics match what Orton is and the theme was done to fit Orton character so its perfect.

I like Edge theme as his other themes didn’t really sound right.

My top ten themes in the WWE that need be change are in particular order:
1. HHH-His theme is played out, his “My Time” theme will always be his best but I wish he would change his theme as I prefer “King of Kings” over “I’m The Game”

2. Carlito- I hate stereotypical themes with no words, in fact I really just don’t like instrumental themes that much.

3. Matt Hardy- Live for the moment was perfect when he first received it, but his new heel persona needs a change in themes, I mean he is wearing tights now and & not looking like a cheap indy wrestler, so get a new theme

4. Charlie Haas, only because he switch from his really cool rock theme to that bland WGTT theme.

5. Chris Jericho- Just because it’s a remix of his first WWE theme which means it’s the same theme and he has a new gimmick sort of. He is not y2j so give him an adult theme.

6.Kane-Hate instrumental themes and especially when the WWE made him give up a cool theme for that crap he has now. Bring back slow chemical

7.R- Truth- I’m just getting bored saying what’s up

8. John Cena-Just add him to the list of guys who had a cooler theme before the change, but I did like “My Time is Now” but we are in his time and era, do a new rap and show the world you can still rap, I suggest a song he did off his album “ChainGang is The click”

9. Tommy Dreamer-instrumental bland crap.

10.Finlay- Old theme was badass, new theme is gayass

Now for my favorite current WWE themes with little explanations:

1.Zack Ryder-Oh Radio(WooWooWoo….You Know It!)
2.Big Show-Crank It Up
3.Hurricane Helms-It’s Time!
4.Cryme Tyme-Bringing the Hood to you
5.Christian-Close Your Eyes Remix
6.Dolph Ziggler-His new theme
7.The Brian Kendrick-Man With A Plan
8.Cody Rhodes-New Day
9.Randy Orton-Voices
10.Ted Dibiase-Priceless

I am a fan of rap, not today's rap but before 2003. I never said that I didn't like Shelton, MVP, and Mark Henry's themes, I can't even hear the words to know if I don't like them and that was my point. When they come out, you can't really hear the words which, as I said, is probably why they don't get very huge pops because it takes awhile for people who weren't expecting them to come out to realize they're coming out. The best themes were always loud enough to signal the arrival of their respective superstar and I didn't know that that was Silk doing MVP's theme. "Burn In My Light," imo, fits his character better because it's about retribution.

Nothing's gonna change what you've done to me
Now it's time to shine, I'm gonna take what's mine
While you're burning in my light

I hope I got the lyrics right. Like I said before, "Voices" would've been better if he kept up the intermitten explosive disorder thing but it stopped being fitting when we found out that everything he did was just another plot to get back at HHH. I actually like Edge's theme, I sing it from time to time(that's a huge compliment from a black guy that's not from the suburbs) but it sounds like it's more for a face/'tweener than a heel.

I miss old school music, because it was so original. No main stream bands, a lot of instrumental, and some wrestlers singing their own themes. Some of the greatest themes were under those 3 categorys. Ex.....

1. No main stream bands: "Real American". Without looking it up, most people wouldn't know who sang that, yet, one of the best themes ever.

Same with Demolition, great, hard hitting theme, and who was it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aS1Xfb6ckE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aS1Xfb6ckE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Instrumental: Macho Man-No explaination needed. Goosebumps, esp when it played after his first world title.

Mr. Perfect-another theme that was timeless, no lyrics, and was perfect.

Jake Roberts. Great theme, had for years. Don't need lyrics, you hear it, you understand.

Wrestlers singing their own: Jaques Rougeau. "All American Boys", and "I'm The Mountie" were great themes, very funny, and very catchy.

Slick-"Jive Soul Bro". Love it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdNMj1fS2dw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdNMj1fS2dw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thx man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back