Wade Barrett could be back on Raw as of This Monday

The Max Attack

Analytical Dreamer
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The situation with Wade Barrett’s work visa is said to be not as serious as it’s been made out to be. Apparently everyone knew the situation was coming as Barrett had been talking about it for weeks. He is expected to be back in the country as early as today and back on WWE TV as early as this coming week. There is still no word on Drew McIntyre’s return but it’s believed that he may be out for a bit longer.

What are your thoughts???

This is good news for the Nexus storyline because he seems like the leader of the group. I hope Wade returns soon because he could be a great star but to much time off TV would hurt him and the Nexus group.

That's good news. I think the cover up worked well on Monday with them saying he was with the WWE B.O.D. discussing the Nexus group, kinda makes sense in them saying that

As far as his return goes, a long time would have no doubt hurt the group but on Raw they did well with what they had. As far as McIntyre goes, he may be screwed. Notice how so far only 6 SD MITB participants were revealed? I think CM Punk would have been on that list along with McIntyre but Punk had to have surgery so he's now out for 4-8 weeks and McIntyre's visa expired. He did lose some steam though before the visa expiration though but here's to hope that he returns as soon as possible as well since the angle he was running worked really well with Teddy and Matt.

Good grief. Every little thing that happens doesn't deserve it's own thread you know. Come Monday this one will be completely pointless. But yes I am very excited that WB will be back sooner rather than later. The storyline progressed quite well without him last RAW but I'm not sure how it'll do if the leader was out for any longer.

Since Wade is likely to return by next week, Nexus and iits storyline won't be hurt in anyway which is good, because without its leader, it could potentially fall apart, and that means that one of the best things to happen to RAW will end prematurely, and thats could hurt RAW overall. But it will be good to see Wade back asap to help build Nexus's storyline further.

Yeah I can't believe a company like the WWE could let this issue get on top of them. They're very good at the business side of wrestling, as evidenced by their total dominance of it, and the chances of them not knowing this was going to happen are very slim. They wouldn't have given Barrett such a big role if weren't sure he'd still be here a few months later. I'd expect to see him back in the next couple of weeks.

As for McIntyre, I honestly think they've given up on him and I wouldn't blame them. His push has not worked out and the fans just flat out don't care about him, even in the sense of wanting to see him get beaten up, I just don't think they want to see him full-stop....

That being said, he's a potential dark-horse candidate for the Secret GM on Raw. Think about it, fired from Smackdown, in league with Vince and thus could get such a big position, but then he might feel Vince didn't do enough to help him so has taken control of the Nexus group and is using them to lobby for power on Raw.

Yes..it's definately good news, and the Nexus storyline won't be harmed in anyway...it's good to always have a faction leader at every show, although last week it was a good reason as he was at the company headquarters...

Yes certainly there's the chance he could be back, which I would like because as a fan I would have a hard time not getting to watch him all the way up to Summerslam which is the original speculations of how long he will be out.

I think that if Wade Barrett returns by next week, it can only be good, The Nexus just doesn't have the exact same shine when it comes to being a packed group of interest.

And no I'm not saying The Nexus is boring without Wade, but it is certainly more action packed and organized with Wade, last week it seemed like they couldn't get an attack in because of bad organization, which Wade would've probably solved that in a kayfabe manner.

If Wade returns next week, it can only be a beneficial thing, because I think the interest and awesomeness behind The Nexus dies for a decent handful of people if they don't get to watch the one guy that is probably considered the most interesting.

Great knews right here. Barretts abscence could have caused a void in the Nexus storyline by taking away the strongest mic worker, and the assumed leader of the faction. I know they used the "Barrett is meeting with management" excuse last week, but how the hell would they have written off Barrett if he couldn't return for 2 weeks, maybe a month.

It would have brought this whole storyline, which is one of RAW's best this year, to a halt. Lets hope these reports are true, and that Barrett is back on RAW this upcoming Monday.

I my opinion I see him returning in The Money in the Bank ppv. Cashing in his championship match against Cena when he wins against Sheamus.

That's great news for the Nexus, they have their leader back and he makes the group much more credible. I honestly didn't think he would be gone for that long because he was playing such a big role on Raw but I'm quite surprised with how long McIntyre could be out because I was really enjoying his current storyline with Matt Hardy.

That's definitely a good thing, as the Nexus storyline could potentially have suffered greatly were Barrett to be out for a long time, and especially since Danielson is gone and his possible return won't be for a while. Barrett is the guy giving them credibility right now, he's the clear leader and has the best mic skills of the group, and has become so good that I don't even see the need for another figure supporting them as others seem to. If he wasn't able to come back so quickly, they probably would have had to speed up the announcement of who the anonymous GM is, since I'm fairly certain that whoever it is, is on the side of the Nexus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back