• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

W.W.E. Generations

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
In a recent P.W.I. magazine I purchased, it has Joe Hennig (son of Curt Hennig) as the Rookie of the Year.

In the runner's up column, it lists Brett DiBiase, (son of Ted and brother of Ted Jr.) Ricky Steamboat Jr., (son of Sr.) and Reid Flair. (son of Ric)

With this trio of names, I got to questioning how long before we start seeing a massive influx of 2nd Generation talent flooding into the company, possibly into the Legacy group, or just mainly in general?

What are everyone's thoughts on some of these names? Have you heard of them, or seen them in action? Do you think that this is the wave of the future for the W.W.E., with guys like Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes basically leading the way already?

In the mini statement underneath Brett DiBiase, it claims that the W.W.E. were very high on him in Florida, and he could be seeing his way up to the Main roster within this year. It also claims Ricky Steamboat Jr. is exactly like his father. If that's any indication, then I surely can't wait to see all of these guys inside the ring.

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this possible future epidemic? Please explain why you feel what you do, add detail and try to be as open as possible. Thank You.

Are you a baseball fan, a football fan , heck, even a NASCAR fan (I hate racing).
If so, you see the marketability for second and third generation stars. While there is no guarantee that they will make it in this market (see Deuce aka Sim Snuka), there is a great chance that they can. Heck people used to pop for David Flair, and even back then when Reid was 13 they were saying he had ten times the potential as David. I'd LOVE to see another Steamboat. Another Hennig. Another Darsow (gotta love that Smash to Repo Man transition, didn't realize for YEARS those two were one and the same, but that's a different topic). Having a star for a father helps the transition, it's an easy pop, as long as they realize they have to WORK at it. Personally, I think DH Smith tried to coast in his daddy's name when he came up and he paid for it. I only like his first match, then they kept getting worst.

I guess you didn't see this post last week:

It's the current roster of the WWE developmental company - Florida Championship Wrestling

http://www.fcwwrestling.com/talent.html

Alex Riley - formerly Kevin Kiley
Alicia Fox
Angelia
Brett DiBiase - a younger brother of WWE star Ted DiBiase, Jr.
Brian Jossie
Bryan Saxton
Byron Wilcott
Caylen Croft - formerly Chris Cage
DJ Gabriel
Drew McIntryre
Dylan Klein - formerly Johnny Riggs
Eric Escobar
Jason Elliot - formerly Jason Riggs;
Jason Garrison
Jenny Cash - 25-year-old model Jenny Quinn
Joe Hennig - 29-year-old son of the late Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig;
Johnny Curtis
Johnny Prime - formerly John Emminger
Jon Cutler - Canadian based wrestler
Kafu - Brazilian wrestler
Kaleb O'Neal - formerly known as Patrick Brink;
Kaval - formerly TNA wrestler Low Ki
Kip Christianson
Kizarny - formerly Synn in TNA
Kris Logan - formerly known as Brian Cage
Lawrence Knight - English wrestler Stu Sanders;
Lupe Santiago - formerly known as Lupe Viscara
Matt Walsh - male model with some wrestling experience
Maverick Darsow - 21-year-old son of former WWE wrestler Barry Darsow
Mike Hutter
Paul Lloyd - formerly PJ Black
Ricky Ortis - formerly Atlas DeBone
Rosa Mendes
Ryback - formerly Tough Enough 4 contestant Ryan Reeves
Sebastian Slater - formerly Heath Miller
Sheamus O'Shaunessy - Irish wrestler
Scotty Goldman
Sweet Papi Sanchez - formerly masked wrestler Black Pain
Tank Mulligan - Taylor Rotunda, son of WWE road agent Mike "Irwin R. Schyster" Rotunda
Tiffany
TJ Wilson - signed to a developmental contract in November 2006
Trent Beretta - formerly known as Greg Cardona & Plazma
Tristan Delta- formerly known as Ian Richardson
Tyler Reks - formerly known as Gabe Tuft & Taj Milano;
Tyson Tarver - formerly known as Tyrone Jones;
Vic Adams - formerly known as Janus
Wes Brisco - son of WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco
Wesley Holliday - former model Beverly Mullins
Windham Rotunda - 21-year-old son of Mike Rotunda
Yoshitatsu - formerly known as Naofumi Yamamoto of New Japan Pro Wrestling

I see atleast 6 Generational wrestlers on that list, and TJ Wilson who has already premiered on ECW this week.

I for one hope they bring alot of these guys in, but more often then not, they don't get that huge push like you think they'd get. And are often relegated to some gimmick that has nothing to do with there heritage. (Goldust anyone?)

I personally don't give a damn if these guys are second generation superstars or not, if they're good or at least if the WWE deems so I say give them a chance. The WWE is smart by having all of these second generations because they can bring them up whenever they want. And we are really in NEED of new fresh superstars, how else are we going to see the superstars of tommorow? Besides these rookies were told about the business by their parents and told what to do and what not. So they have the perfect starter kit when they debut, unless they screw up *cough* DH Smith* cough* And with these young guys there is also a chance that the parents could get involved somehow. And that would be a real good opportunity for us to see the old guys once again ;)

To me, I think it would be a mistake for them to be repackaged into gimmicks that don't include mentioning who their father is, first off. Saying you're the son of a former employee is a guaranteed automatic pop to start out with and sometimes without that, you never take off. Look at Snuka's kid. He was Deuce for years and nobody could give a shit. He comes out as Sim Snuka and suddenly he's got a little more credibility despite still being a garbage performer lol.

They also have to make sure they don't overplay the angle. I'd rather see a large influx of them come in during like a one month period, almost like a viral infection, or the complete opposite: one guy at a time spread out for several years. If they do one a month or something and they just come out, talk about how great their dad was, and pull the heel schtick that Orton/DiBiase/Rhodes/Manu did, it'll be boring.

As far as the idea of signing the kids, why not? As long as they've got talent, they're welcome. Shame Teddy Hart, who is supposedly talented, is apparently a real douche backstage. I've been jonesing for a new true Hart.

And then with Brett DiBiase, there was something I was reading where they said he's "the spitting image of his brother" (Ted, not that Mike DiBiase or whatever) and that that could hurt his chances of being called up. Simple solution to that. Make him or Ted start sporting the old facial hair that their dad had for so many years. Duh.

repackage manu and snuka put'em on smackdown and call them the somoan swat team..the s.s.t. "what is that?" it's old school but the name was bad ass, have'em jump around like savages and headbut everybody that always puts somoans and tongans over..

I'm not sure what to make of the phenomenon, but I do imagine that the WWE will have to come up with a different story for them than just "son of former wrestler". Right now it's ok, but soon, it will become redundant. I do think that sons of former wrestlers have an advantage, due to increased exposure to the sport.

This isn't something that can last forever. At some point I look at all of these people as sons of great wrestlers and not great wrestlers themselves. Manu for example. His father is far better than he'll ever be. While it's too early to tell with Priceless, Orton has far surpassed what his father did. I don't know if either DiBiase or Rhodes will do that, but it's too early to tell. The names help a lot, but some of them are rather random. Should I care about Mike Rotunda's son? I really don't.

HOW SMART WOULD WWE BE TO TURN THIS LEGACY ANGLE INTO A NWO LIKE ANGLE.

everyweek have another 2nd generation star come out through crowd or have tickets and be watching from front row. Wait and attack or cut promo for legacy. kinda of like 2nd generation vs the old guys or established stars of wwe. saying its our turn and move outta way or get destroyed.

that type of angle with orton at the helm would make orton a super heel even more than now and would establish his character for years.

Making Legacy into an nWo angle and then having the new younger wrestlers take on the old timers might me the least favorite idea that I've ever read.

For me personally, taking two played out idea and combining them is a recipe for failure.

How many times does the new blood have to fight the millionaires club? And how many times do I have to turn on a TV and see if Sting put on a black and white or black and red shirt?

2nd Generational wrestlers are fine. In the case of a Ted Jr. piggy backing off his father was the right way to go. It gave him his whole "priceless" persona that he started off with.

I can see Joe Hennig coming in as an updated version of what his father was. Because I think people already are going to expect that.

But somebody like Goldust, who yes started off as his father's son. never really became a superstar until he carved his own path. Sure his gimmick is over the top but he made it work. Cody is going to start and end his career as the Dream's son. Goldust isn't.

And my feeling is if everyone who's mother father, uncle, neighbor was a wrestler comes in as a second generation "I'm better than dad" or "I want to make dad proud" type of gimmick, generational wrestlers are going to sour really quick.

I have to say, I hope that if more second generation superstars, they don't all end up in Legacy. Can you imagine the heat Joe would get if he said he's better than his father? Its different for DiBiase/Rhodes, cause their dads are not only still alive, they were supportive.

I would have taken the kids from the heels, and the kids from the faces, put them in two different stables, had them feud, and then maybe had some swerves, such as Rhodes teaming with DiBiase.

I'd still love to see this happen in a different way. Two different Legacies. The other should be headed by an already established 2nd or 3rd generation superstar who is a face, or can turn into a face. I hate to say it, but Eddie Guerrero would have been perfect. I was thinking Chavo, but no. Then it hit me, Goldust. He already has this thing with Cody, he could get Manu/Snuka, then start a ginormous feud.

I personally can't wait to see some of these guys get called up. There have been some that didn't pan out quite so well (Manu and Snuka), but even they could end up forming a team and making it work for now.
Specifically, I want to see Hennig, Brett Dibiase, Reid Flair, and Steamboat. I've read that these guys have alot of potential so we'll see if they can make an impact. I think the Rock and Orton are the best 2nd/3rd generation guys and idk that these guys or anyone will ever be as good as them. They both far surpassed their fathers and are some of the best I've ever seen. But who's to say that these other young guys can't have great success, even if not quite as much as Orton and Rock. In the case of Ted and Cody, I think they have star written all over them and the Legacy group will do for them something similar to what Evolution did for Orton. Getting a rub from one of the major players is usually a pretty good gig.
I kind of like the idea of the 2nd gen guys feuding. Idk if you get an established veteran to lead Hennig, Steamboat, etc. but you could def. have guys like that feud with Priceless to get them over. Throw in Manu & Snuka and you might have several legit tag teams that also happen to all be 2nd gen guys.

Will these guys ever be as big as their fathers? In truth, most of them no. But I still think they can make an impact and maybe even be future world champions. We'll have to see about these other guys, but I definitely think Cody and Ted are on the right track for just that kind of success.

I hate this second Generation bullshit, just because these people are the sons of great wrestlers doesn't make them great. Its stupid how they get an opportunity over other more talented performers, and this ultimately will hurt the WWE. WWE has a bunch of old hack main eventers and now they have and influx of guys who simply milk their last name which was made famous in the past. Theres nothing new here. Pretty much all of these second generation wrestlers are bland and generic and have zero personlity. There are exceptions of course but the majority are mediocre at best. The WWE should actually bring in people with talent and charisma and get something new over instead of relying on the past. They need to worry more about first generation stars as opposed to seocnd generation.

cody rhodes and TBDJ are great but yea as far as snucka and manu i understand where you coming from and i totally agree dut the 3 characters of leagacy are the hottest man right now in Orton and 3 up in coing young superstatrs so the final 3 makes sensee ti me btw( cody rjhodes is really 3rd geberation) now i have spoken

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back