Vitali Klitschko vs David Haye

Gilly?

Dark Match Jobber
Looks like it's going to happen, probably in March.

Haye got out pointed by his brother pretty easily and Haye's broken toe excuse was laughable. If Haye goes into this fully fit he still won't have enough in his locker to stop or out point him.

For me Vitali is the better of the brothers, he has a stronger chin and has the better knockout ratio. His jab is massive and it's going to tear Haye's face off.

Thoughts on the fight?

Klitschko by KO and Im a massive Haye fan for me he wasnt brave enough against Vladimir (forget the little toe nonsense) he doubted his jaw and as it turned out he took Vlads power fine he was just outboxed and out thought his game plan was wrong he was never going to able to fight the same way he did against Valuev, he had to go all in against Vladimir, get inside stay inside and risk being knocked out in process, I think he will try the same thing against Vitali and lose again if he throws caution to the wind he has got a chance because Haye has the power to KO anyone in the division but Vitali is actually the better of the brothers IMO too so Id watch in hope of a Haye win rather than expectation!

I hope Haye KO's Vitali Klitschko, due to me being sick of the brothers not wanting to fight each other.I understand in a way why, but the Boxing commission should force them to fight.Haye seemed average against Vitali's brother..let's see if his mouth matches his ability to fight the sloth Vitali.

I can't look past Vitali here.
The way David Haye handled his last fight against Vladimir turned him into a laughing stock. In the weeks leading up to the fight he showed complete disrespect to Vladimir in refusing to shake his hand. He also refused to give an interview in the same room as Vladimir instead forcing the interview team to pack up and move to the room Haye was staying in for the interview.

He was simply outclassed by a better boxer on the night and his broken toe excuse made him look like a sore loser. The fact he was unbelievably cocky in the weeks before the fight didn't help him either.

I can't understand why Haye is so eager to face Vitali especially after what his fight against Vladimir did for his career. Don't be suprised to see Haye lose this and then blame it on another excuse or simply retire altogether.

Wladimir klitschko has put more spectators to sleep than he ever will opponents he is one of the most boring fighters to watch, anytime I watch one of his fights I get a good nap out of it, Vitali on the other hand is the better and more aggressive of the two and will certainly ko Haye without a doubt.

I cant stand Haye he is nothing but a big shit talker he is a joke of a fighter and doen't belong in the ring with either brother.

Wladimir klitschko has put more spectators to sleep than he ever will opponents he is one of the most boring fighters to watch, anytime I watch one of his fights I get a good nap out of it, Vitali on the other hand is the better and more aggressive of the two and will certainly ko Haye without a doubt.

I cant stand Haye he is nothing but a big shit talker he is a joke of a fighter and doen't belong in the ring with either brother.

I don't get the issue everyone has with Haye talking shit before a fight! He is selling the fight and making a shit load of cash by doing so. Haye's record as a Heavyweight maybe average there is no doubt about that, but as a Crusierweight he is second to none, including Holyfield! He unified the division, beat Momeck in France in doing so! Beat Valuev with one hand in Germany! Took on Klitchko in his own backyard, he is a two weight world champion and has done great things for British boxing by sparking interest in the sport in the UK. He breathed life into a dead division and made people actually care about the Klitchkos, he is brilliant fighter who is just too small to compete with 18st/6 foot 8 heavyweights, and to describe him as a joke is utter nonsense!

I don't get the issue everyone has with Haye talking shit before a fight! He is selling the fight and making a shit load of cash by doing so. Haye's record as a Heavyweight maybe average there is no doubt about that, but as a Crusierweight he is second to none, including Holyfield! He unified the division, beat Momeck in France in doing so! Beat Valuev with one hand in Germany! Took on Klitchko in his own backyard, he is a two weight world champion and has done great things for British boxing by sparking interest in the sport in the UK. He breathed life into a dead division and made people actually care about the Klitchkos, he is brilliant fighter who is just too small to compete with 18st/6 foot 8 heavyweights, and to describe him as a joke is utter nonsense!

Thats just how I feel about Haye, thats how he comes off to me, and him being a champion in any weight division solidifies what a poor state boxing is in right now. To me the uk has always supported the Klitschkos, it's here in America where I feel they dont get the support. I don't know how you can feel he made people care about the Klitschkos by getting into the ring a running from Wladimir the whole time, in that fight I think he might have thrown the fewest punches I have ever seen thrown in a fight that went the distance. When he fights Vitali the more aggressive of the brothers he is gonna get whooped on like he never has before and will probably quit after a few rounds.

I'm not trying to start something with you this is just how I feel about him he doen't impress me in the slightestbit. He may have out punched klitschko in two rounds but thats cause Wladimir is the least aggressive champion I have ever seen. When you go out of your way to disrespect people and a country by making a t-shirt depicting decapitation and a i phone video game where you can decapitate any Russian heveyweights you better get in the ring and back that shit up and not be a pussy and run the whole fight, I know its gamesmanship and all but it was tasteless.

I like Haye, I think his mouth is good for boxing.

The only way Haye has a chance is if he can get inside the Klitschko defense, uppercut the shit out of his chin and batter his body and hopefully catch him enough for him to drop. The longer the fight goes on the more chance Klitschko has of taking Haye out before the 12 rounds ends. I rate Haye very highly as a boxer but he plays it safe when the odds are against him and it's not how to win fights.

Personally, I think the only person who has it in them to beat any of the Klitschko's is Manchester's Tyson Fury but he's far from the finished article. Like Haye he's arrogant and pisses around too much in the ring. His defense isn't great at the moment but if he ends up training with the likes of Adam Booth and matures quickly then he will be a star and he'll be incredibly hard to beat. He's got the size, he's got the jab and he's got the power to trouble them. It's just up to Tyson to realise it.

Man, I wish David Haye stayed true to his word and retired. After that pathetic performance against Wladimir Klitschko, he has no business taking huge profile fights right now. He belongs in MMA, to be honest, or at the very least back at Cruiserweight. He doesn't have the class or ability to be a truly great Heavyweight boxer.

This a joke of a fight. I know it's hard to find Vitali good fights, but come on. Hopefully Vitali is getting the biggest pay day of his career; that's the only thing that would justify him wasting his time with this bum. At least we can count on him retiring Haye for good. Vitali, in my opinion, is a LOT better than his brother and he won't give Haye nearly the amount of respect Wladimir did, and he'll actually finish the chump in one of the later rounds. Guaranteed.

I don't like Haye but the toe excuse was perfectly legitimate. Watch the Wladamir fight and you'll see how badly Haye was badly to stretch because he couldn't turn or pivot on that foot. He really shouldn't have taken the fight at that time because he was quite capable of winning it. Vitali though? Nope, no chance. Vitali will simply batter him into submission.

Vitali will batter Haye. I have never been a big Haye supporter, but the man has talent. Problem is he was exposed by Wlady, not to mention he came out of the fight as a huge bitch and a bit of a laughing stock. Wlady may be conservative, but Vitali won't be. Even if he was, he has the advantage of having seen his brother not only fight Haye and win, but also because he will get trained by Wlady. Vitali is a stronger striker and will finish Haye and I really hope that Haye gets his mouth shut up once and for all.

Before the fight with Wladimir I had no problem with David Haye. I had seen him fight, watched him fight, and felt that he was at least decent in a time where there aren't a lot of fighters that are decent or better. However, leading up to the Klitschko fight I lost all respect I had for him. Everything he did from running his mouth like he's the second coming of Lennox Lewis all the way to his unsportsmanlike conduct towards Wladimir just made me think "This guy is a fucking punk that needs his ass beat and his mouth shut". I understand how people can get into a fight being reduced to the lowest common denominators in competition, but Boxing is better than that. You can leave that shit on The Ultimate Fighter or the UFC in general, it doesn't belong in Boxing period.

Stuff like that makes the sport look weak and desperate for attention ,when in reality it was one guy who was weak and desperate for attention. Wladimir handled him exactly the way he should have and the way he wanted to. He wasn't going to knock him out, he wanted to make an example of him in a different way by carrying him for 12 rounds, punishing him the whole time, and showing how inferior he was which he did. Make no mistake either that Wladimir is much better than his brother in the ring. He is faster, much smoother, just as skilled in his actual boxing, and just as powerful. Vitali has one thing on his brother, a cast iron jaw. Other than that, Wladimir is the superior boxer. Vitali is nowhere near as quick with his hands or feet, defensively is no better, is very robotic in comparison and not nearly as coordinated as Wladimir.

I believe that Vitali will beat him, but remember that he is also a bit older than Wlad as well at 40 yrs old. He might not be able to avoid some of the offense that David Haye has to bring as he is pretty quick, which means he's going to have to try and knock him out. Vitali IS the more aggressive of the two but that is because he has to be for what he lacks in speed in his hands and feet. It is much more imperative for him to dominate his opponent physically because he isn't quite as adept at doing it technically. Still, this makes for more exciting fights which is probably why he is more appealing to most folks.

I don't think that Haye belongs at Heavyweight and should either find other opponents at that weight if he's going to stick around, or face the music that he can not end the era of the Klitschko's and stay away from their mountain top. He is a good boxer for the most part and I believe he could have a decent level of success there, just not against these two. Vitali will win this fight most likely by KO or TKO in the 9th or 10th round. He will be more aggressive and he will make it a point to try more so than Wlad to end it earlier. The sooner he does the better for him in his advancing age. Either way, you can chalk up another loss for David Haye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back