• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince McMahon's last match?

smfiscus1

Occasional Pre-Show
With all this talk about HBK retiring and The Undertaker's last opponent I thought I'd switch gears a bit and talk about someone else's last match. Vince had a match that could very well be his last match against Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 26. For God's sake, the man is 65 and is a billionaire. For no other reason than for the ratings and because he just can't help himself he still climbs into the squared circle. And because he isn't a technical master, he's always in a crazy stipulation match where he ends up with a pool of blood or at least getting the holy hell beat out of him just to make it look good. So I ask of all the posters:

1. Was Bret Hart Vince's last opponent?
2. Should Vince even try to do it again?
3. Why should he or should he not?
4. Who would be the guy for Vince to have his last match against?

I think Bret Hart isn't his last opponent although it wouldn't be a bad one for him to finish on. I think he should do ONE more, maybe two. One with Undertaker at the next Wrestlemania because...why not? Two, the obvious choice for his last match for me would be one last match with Stone Cold coming back. What do you think??

Vince will wrestle again

He says he wishes he wouldn't.. but you know Vince wrestling creates PPV buys. Even though hart/mcmahon match sucked.. a lot of ppl were very curious to see if there was going to be a swerve and how hardcore it was going to be. Even Vince was wishing this year they had one more big attraction (maybe the best Wrestlemania in 5 years and he still wasn't satisfied with the card 100%) Every time a big PPV is looking a little shallow you know Vinny Mac will had that little voice in the back of his mind saying what if I was to wrestle this person.

I can see a future match up with Cena.. Maybe even a angle with HHH like they did back in the day. And of course you can never rule out Austin or the Rock coming back for that one match.

Well, I remember last year on Vince's 64th birthday edition of Raw, he was involved in a match. I believe it was a 6-man Tag Team match... DX and Vince McMahon vs. The Legacy. I think I remember him saying that that would be his final match and I was very disappointed because I thought it would be sort of a weak final match.

Luckily, it wasn't his last match and he had a match with Bret Hart at Wrestlemania. The way the match went, you know, it wouldn't in any way surprise me if that turned out to be Vince's last match. If not, it would still make sense if Bret Hart would be his last opponent.

However, I would love to see Vince McMahon vs. Stone Cold. However, knowing how opposed Stone Cold is to returning to the ring, that would be very unlikely to happen. There aren't many people who look to be legitimate last opponents for Vince McMahon. Stone Cold and The Undertaker are great choices. How about Triple H? Randy Savage? Or dare I say... Drew McIntyre? However, if Bret Hart does turn out to be Vince McMahon's last opponent... it'd make sense.

In a lot of ways I felt this brought closure to the Mr. McMahon character.

It was through the sharpshooter that the Mr. McMahon character was born. It is through Bret and the sharpshooter that the character goes away.

The problem with The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple H, John Cena, and others is McMahon has already feuded and even beaten them. This doesn't include guys like HBK or the Undertaker. Nor does it include the fact he's a former world champion and Royal Rumble winner. He's accomplished a great deal in his 'career' and there isn't much left for him to do.

In addition, The Triple H and Steve Austin feuds have been done to death. HBK is retired. It's unlikely that the Rock would come back. That leaves Cena and the Undertaker. There's really no point in McMahon facing either man as at this stage either feud would be with the idea that they'd "end" Mr. McMahon. However, Bret already brought that closure and the closure is much more appropriate.

In addition, Vince's is sixty-five years old. He has already done more, way more, than most men his age. However, he IS human and his body can only endure so long.

Related is the fact that I am noticing the older stars essentially starting to leave. HBK had his final match. So did Bret. Vince may feel it's best to do the same. This would allow the younger generation of stars to have a chance to take over.

Finally, and related, Vince is reaching the age where he'll need to take a step back and let Stephanie, Triple H, and others take the reigns. Obviously, he works with them, and I bet he is slowly letting that happen. However, he'll need to keep his focus on that so that the transition would go off smoothly.

i agree bret should be the last but this is vkm so never say never. im gonna go with a swerve how bout after the miz turns face in the next year or an up and comer. i definatly do think theyll do the older guys like taker or hhh. if at all itll be to put a new star over. vince always looses at mania so it would have to be to put the other guy over

we all know what a awsome wrestler he is.....(laughs)
nah in all seriousness...we may never know when his final match will be.. like someone said..maybe the best mania in like four years but still he was unsatisfied..i think vinnie is like..well when there isnt anyone left you got to step in and entertain the crowd..we always know he wont win...its just for entertainment its like a regular boss at a burger king and when your short..sometimes the boss has to get in there with the workers and do work...

I just thought about this...What about Shane McMahon? Kind of like a way of saying: It's time to hand over the company, pops! That'd be interesting way to do things...We'd all know he'd still be in the background but at least then there'd be a reason for why he's absent all of a sudden you know?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Vinces last match is going to be when he bows out of the spotlight completely. At this point, I'd say the angle that would make the most sense (even though it's been done already kind of) would be Vince vs. Triple H. More specifically, Vince vs. Stephanie, with her husband in her corner. I think the angle would go on where Vince and Stephanie are fighting for control of the company (The good part here is that either could play face and heel, depending on where the company wants to go) and it comes down to a fight at Wrestlemania. Winner gets the WWE, loser gets to hit the unemployment line, obviously with Steph and Trips winning.

Honestly, I like watching his matches cus he always gets the holy hell beat out of him. And he's damn good at it. Agreed, he is old, but if he can do it, why wouldn't he? Stone Cold won't come back, he's already said he's not going to sacrifice his legacy he left behind for one more match. And his match with Bret wasn't even a match. It was the Hart Dynasty beating on him while Bret looked on. I hope his character continues. He had amazing feuds without Bret (makes me think of the Hogan feud).

But I think he will have a feud with Cena and perhaps even Undertaker.

Vince's last match I think will be against his son-in-law, Triple H. They could possibly work an angle where the company is on the line. Knowing Vince's taste on stipulations, I am sure his last match won't be just any Singles Match. Most likely a Street Fight, or a Steel Cage Match. With The Game, could even be Hell In A Cell. We all know no matter what, Vince's last match will be one that will sell MEGA tickets and sell out.

I do not think Bret Hart is Vince's last 'Mania opponent. Let's just see what's in store for us next year...

Now that I think about it...with Vince's ego I think he'll definitely have a match against Taker at Wrestlemania. Think about it...Can't you just see him being like: "I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Damn It! If anyone can beat the Undertaker it's ME!" If he thought he could take on God, why not the Undertaker? That one seems inevitable. The LAST match though...it's gotta be for the rights of the company and I'm still going to say either against Shane or Triple H.

if vince would be the one to end undertakers streak that would really piss me off. that should never happen..ever! like smfiscus1 said his final match should be for the ownership of company..even though i doubt it will be shane since he left

Vince's last match should have been a long time ago he's terrible in the ring and he sure as hell better never face the undertaker at wrestlmania. He should stick to backstage and talking on the microphone wresting is not his specialty.

If Vince were to end Undertaker's streak, the streak that involved matches against Triple H, Ric Flair, Batista, Randy Orton, Diesel, Kane, and many other world champions, a streak that netted him three world title reigns, a streak that saw him end the career of HBK, then I think we all know that Vince has finally flipped and the WWE we all knew would be gone.

However, I don't think Vince would be insane enough to have him be the one to end Taker's streak...

I think a great last match for Vince can be Vince and Shane vs Triple H and Stephanie with special guest referee Linda McMahon, if Trips and Steph win they get control of the company and if Vince and Shane win they get control, if Vince pins Stephanie Linda decides the fate of Trips and Stephanie, if Stephanie pins Shane then Shane has to kiss Mr.McMahon's ass!

No matter what everyone's opinion is, it is definitely safe to say we are all guessing that his last match will be A. At Wrestlemania and B. The end of his reign as leader/chairman. It's kind of sad really to think about everything that he has done for the company, and to just sit here and come up with an educated guess on who will be the one to face him in his last match. It's one thing to predict when HBK would retire or Taker...it's more inevitable with them because we were so used to seeing them inside the ring. But McMahon...the guy who has been the figurehead of WWE ever since it was called WWE...I don't know to me that is more prestigious. To think on who will be the one to take him out.

Honestly, I hope no one. Yes he should have a last match and that should be the end of it...but he deserves a final victory. Just think about it, a retirement match where the veteran wins. Doesn't matter who he takes on. The only thing that matters is how well the performance is and then afterwards who replaces him. We all know (since Shane is off to pursue a different interest) that Stephanie McMahon will most likely fill his shoes. Will he take on his own daughter in his last match? Knowing him and the way he thinks its possible. But he should win.

Vince's last match should be him and Shane vs DX. Big long fued should end like that. Brett Hart is not his not his last opponent. Vince can't stay away from the square circle. He shouldn't do it again. For God's sake he's like 65, he can't wrestle, and there's probably gonna be some stupid stipulation anyway.

:shrug: Who knows what's gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back