• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince McMahon: 'CM Punk is on sabbatical'

A great way of answering a question,without actually answering it.. I truly believe,and i could be wrong that this is all legit. I believe from what I have read,that Punk is indeed burnt out and broken physically. The part about him not headlining WM,I have said its bullshit and it should have happened already..

The meeting was indeed with the shareholders not the media but the actual shareholders. Thats kinda of telling in a way.. It does give Vince many outs if things were to go haywire,punk not wanting to come back. HHH im sure has a calming influence in Vince,as we all get older these bs grudges are simply not worth it.. As far as the ball is in who's court,I think its even at this point..

True enough CM Punk is a huge money maker for the WWE,im sure Vince and the shareholders are meeting at every possible opportunity to see how they can ready the situation in time for WM.. Phil Brooks all im sure he wants is to be treated with the same amount of respect you would show Batista. Its not like punk left for damn there four years,like batista did. Punk wants to headline WM. Why not make that happen??

Another thing,Punks contract runs out in July or so.. It is gonna take a sweetheart deal to convince Punk to re-sign IMO like headlining WM! But Punk has got to be careful IMO dont overplay your hand yes you are extremely valuable,but this is the WWE,Vince awhile back kayfabe'd said I can make a thousand Cenas!!

But Punk has a great rep for the fans,and im sure is extremely respected in the locker room.. I really hope something gets done soon

Here's a good reason why WWE shouldn't have Punk headline wrestlemania...

BECAUSE THEY WANT IT TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE

They have put Punk in PPV main events before and they get Luke warm sales....so how is it smart to have him main event wrestlemania?

Internet fans are funny because they don't see the buisness side of things...

Jimmy ******* can sit at his computer typeing away online at how great CM punk is and how he should get a shot and bla bla bla....But jimmy won't buy a PPV punk is main eventing....jimmy won't go to a wwe show and buy CM punk merchandise.

Now Steven Saggyballs on the other hand is a big fan of John Cena and saves up his money to buy the ppvs and go to the shows and buy the Cena merchandise.

Who do you think the WWE is gonna listen to?

It comes down to definition... as the Genius used to say... a Sabbatical is an employer endorsed career break... thus by saying that Vince has said it is WWE endorsed.

Whether it is "forced" or not is immaterial, by using that word Vince has taken heat from Punk as well as the company and said it's mutual and agreed.... the "let's put it that way" can be spun all you lke but that description would have been thought over, checked with legal and checked again cos this was a Shareholders meeting... you don't/can't swerve, mislead, pull ribs or lie at those... the law says you can't... It might be that it was one of his terms back at the last time, it's not beyond the realms cos RVD had the same deal....so it can't have been a shock to them to do that... He might have insisted on a written form of Ric's 91 deal... "if at any time I am not the top man I can take time off or leave". It could be that it's a work and they don't want to spoil it... the only scenario Vince would have had to spell out is if Punk was gone for good and never coming back... so you can rule that one out...

So Punk is on a "career break", it might last 3 weeks till Chicago, 3 months or 3 years but Vince gave you the answer...

Yea for one week until Rock's boots 2 ass's shirt went on sale....try again

Since when Cena become The Rock? lol

As of February 7th, Punk is the number two guy in merchandise sales behind Cena. To say he doesn't bring in a lot of money for the WWE is absurd! You can't deny the facts. Ignorance is bliss!

I think its a work. Punk re energizes. Comes thru the crowd during the title match at mania. Interferes to help bryan win the title. Bryan gets pissed that punk interfered then boom feud between punk and bryan.

CM Punk will return when he is ready and won't be influenced by anyone leaving Vince stunned cause he can't do anything to change it

To the OP. The difference between Punk and Austin now vs then, is the Punk is still in his prime, and he doesn't have any major injuries on the table to shorten his career, Punk could go on to wrestle in TNA at the highest level for another 5+ years. Where as Austin didn't have much left due to his neck injury, he was on the decline, he wasn't as popular, and Vince knew he wasn't a regular in ring guy anymore. One is still in his prime, the other was past it in terms of in ring wrestling ability.

And even to compare with Kurt Angel, who also had major injury problems with his neck, and had his best years in front of him.

So you can see why Vince prolly doesn't want Punk to go. Besides Punk can still draw, and he is one of the top cash cows active in WWE.

Since when Cena become The Rock? lol

As of February 7th, Punk is the number two guy in merchandise sales behind Cena. To say he doesn't bring in a lot of money for the WWE is absurd! You can't deny the facts. Ignorance is bliss!

Lol you just got caught in a lie now because I know for a fact Daniel Bryan is selling more merchandise then anyone other then cena right now.

Stop being a mark and think realistically man.

I don't believe this is a work, but if it turns out to be one, it will be their best kept secret in a long time because most works are only held out for a couple weeks. On to the Vince comment I have to believe that him and punk have still kept in contact with each other (I don't know for sure what's being said or if they even have kept in contact for sure) but I would assume the running plan is for punk to take time off and rest, during this time Vince will realize that punk is valuable and when punk is ready he'll come back and be placed into a main lever feud and work into the main event. I know some feel its a feud and others don't but I just believe this is real, but they are on terms with each other and are working out how things will end up. I believe if Punk left and didn't keep in touch with Vince that Vince would just end his contract but since they are keeping in touch I believe Vince is working with him

Lol you just got caught in a lie now because I know for a fact Daniel Bryan is selling more merchandise then anyone other then cena right now.

Stop being a mark and think realistically man.

In regards to WWE's top merchandise movers, John Cena is still far and away at #1 while CM Punk is far and away #2 overall. Punk is the #1 seller on WWE's shop website. Daniel Bryan is said to be the #4 highest seller. Two names that are near the top of the merchandise sales right now are Sin Cara and The Ultimate Warrior, whose stuff is selling well at events and online.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

You were saying! Get YOUR facts straight!

In the words of Ryback, STUPID!

Sorry but I don't buy it just because the wrestling observer says it....they were also the people who reported cm punk was released of his contract which turned out to be a lie.

So as Steve Austin would say...

That's the bottom line because Stone Cold Said So

Sorry but I don't buy it just because the wrestling observer says it....they were also the people who reported cm punk was released of his contract which turned out to be a lie.

So as Steve Austin would say...

That's the bottom line because Stone Cold Said So

TRUE, but I don't know how many people, parents included, who would buy a shirt with a cartoon goat on it, even if it was for their kids. I really only hear the hardcore fans carrying the Daniel Bryan chants. The kids still only really seem to care about Cena and the sort.

Doesn't really mean anything positive or negative.

Just seemed like years of media training and experience from handling all of the controversial situations Vince has had to answer questions about.

I guess it is a good thing that the bridge isn't burned but I doubt we'll be seeing CM Punk in a WWE ring, if in a wrestling ring at all, for a very long time.

Indeed, Punk is being paid to sit at home on his couch.

I'm not so sure about this. I would have to imagine that there's some sort of "if you walkout on the company and fail to fulfill your contract, you won't be paid." On the other hand, they may still be paying him hoping that he'll return. I'd have to imagine that Punk wouldn't actually expect to be paid if he walked away.

As for Vince's quote, it'd nice to see him not burying anyone. But remember that WWE is now a publicly traded company. They have to conduct themselves in a different manner.

There were investors at an investor Q&A meeting? What the fuck for?

Whew. Anyway, yeah Vince sure shot that line of questioning down. He didn't froth at the mouth and have a rage seizure, he's making progress.

I think we're reading too much into Vince's response, which is to say speculating at all on a deeper meaning for what falls out of his sewer is a bigger waste of time than expecting anything out of a John Cena promo.

Put yourself in Vince's shoes, after you spray them down with enough bleach to kill an elephant. You've been warning your talent to be evasive when asked about CM Punk, and now somebody has asked you to explain why CM Punk isn't on tv anymore.

You've been asked a question by an investor, this is the individual who helps feed the starving monster that is the WWE.

Do you go with "Oh, Punk walked out because he was dissatisfied with how we were fulfilling his expectations for his character. He'll be back if we waffle and grant him higher status than several of his on-screen rivals" and risk inspiring a chain of thought that at best recognizes you as someone with poor control over his own company?

You go with the response that will leave fewer questions on the minds of those inquiring, especially if the inquiring minds expect any level of professionalism out of the company that they're invested in.

I think its a work. Punk re energizes. Comes thru the crowd during the title match at mania. Interferes to help bryan win the title. Bryan gets pissed that punk interfered then boom feud between punk and bryan.

I can't say I wouldn't be pissed about this scenario in the slightest. A significant Punk/Bryan feud would be great for business.

I think Punk will be back for the Chicago Raw, myself

Side note: Piper is still showing a ton of interest in being at Mania this year and has said he wants to work w/ Punk (I understand he wanted to team w/ Punk vs Hogan/Cena, which obviously is not happening). Does anyone think something could end up happening and this whole thing turns into a huge hell turn for Punk that ends up turning The Authority face? I mean anyone can speculate and I haven't seen this situation yet....thoughts?

Under the assumption that Punk won't just be released from his contract as long as the E can make profit off of his merch. Plus his contract does have considerable time left on it, Vince might try to patch things up, of course from the sounds of it, it's all up to punk at this point. Still hoping that punk doesn't leave. They should sign him to a contract with less dates or something, he is still one of the best performers in this era, and the WWE could still use his starpower. But truly from the sounds of it, vince wants to milk this as long as possible and when his contract is up, he will either sign something new or leave (potentially) for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back