• Sting

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Victory Road 2012
Sting v. Bobby Roode
Grudge Match

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

431324_10150600540641026_31695961025_9256970_152949101_n.jpg

All discussion here.​

I think Roode wins this one. I've been saying for a while that he needs a clean win against a bonafide veteran and most likely it would have to be Sting. Its been a long time coming being that Roode is "anti-authority". I wouldn't be surprised if there's a stipulation that Sting has to retire or step down as the man in charge. Those have been done to death of course. I see Roode winning this grudge match, probably with a rollup.

I respectfully disagree Lowdown. While I agree that Roode needs to be at his best going into his matchup with Roode, what would be the point in building tension between heel and GM for months only for the wrestler to win with a rollup? That wouldn't solve anything!

What I think is more likely here is that Roode keeps trying cheap tactics but Sting keeps doing well against them. Eventually, Roode does something that SHOULD get him the pin, but at that moment, the babyfaces like Storm, Hardy, maybe even Styles come out to help Sting and eventually Sting gets the pin. In this scenario you don't make your champion look weak at all as it took multiple men to beat him, but you also don't close a story with a heel winning which would make no sense. Sting gets some satisfaction and now we are off to the races with Roode/Storm.

Of course, doing this match in the first place is absolutely silly for the reasons we've described, but what can you do.........

I respectfully disagree Lowdown. While I agree that Roode needs to be at his best going into his matchup with Roode, what would be the point in building tension between heel and GM for months only for the wrestler to win with a rollup? That wouldn't solve anything!

What I think is more likely here is that Roode keeps trying cheap tactics but Sting keeps doing well against them. Eventually, Roode does something that SHOULD get him the pin, but at that moment, the babyfaces like Storm, Hardy, maybe even Styles come out to help Sting and eventually Sting gets the pin. In this scenario you don't make your champion look weak at all as it took multiple men to beat him, but you also don't close a story with a heel winning which would make no sense. Sting gets some satisfaction and now we are off to the races with Roode/Storm.

Of course, doing this match in the first place is absolutely silly for the reasons we've described, but what can you do.........

You bring up some good points. The rollup hypothesis was just that, a hypothesis. I admit that I view it as a chance for Roode to be a "credible" champ from a kayfabe standpoint. And of course it could be that way if he beats Storm at Lockdown. Its a toss up really. I'm not trying to sound like a mark or anything. This match with Roode and Sting has been coming for a while. Roode is playing his heel role well and while he has to resort to dubious tactics to keep the belt, he can come out on top of Sting cleanly. Now I hear you in your idea that Sting could win with assists from Hardy, AJ, etc. It wouldn't make the champ look weak. But at the same time Sting gets his revenge but Roode is still the champ, which is kinda what Sting is trying to take away from him indirectly.

You bring up some good points. The rollup hypothesis was just that, a hypothesis. I admit that I view it as a chance for Roode to be a "credible" champ from a kayfabe standpoint. And of course it could be that way if he beats Storm at Lockdown. Its a toss up really. I'm not trying to sound like a mark or anything. This match with Roode and Sting has been coming for a while. Roode is playing his heel role well and while he has to resort to dubious tactics to keep the belt, he can come out on top of Sting cleanly. Now I hear you in your idea that Sting could win with assists from Hardy, AJ, etc. It wouldn't make the champ look weak. But at the same time Sting gets his revenge but Roode is still the champ, which is kinda what Sting is trying to take away from him indirectly.

Right, but here's the thing. If Roode beats Sting cleanly, how does that end the story? Is the moral of the story that Roode's a dickface and all the months of "getting one over" on Sting just mean he is in fact better than him? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would Sting if he loses just be like "ok, Roode beat me in a 1 on 1 match so I'll respect him and let him be a douchebag champ"? He wouldn't, would he?

The point of this match has to be that Sting has had enough and he gets Roode back for all those months of crap. However, you can't have Sting beating the champ 1 on 1. The champ already tapped in England to Sting so it's not like TNA is averse to really stupid booking, but for this one I think it has to go the way I suggested. Sting needs to win to close the book on this story, but it has to happen with help so that it doesn't weaken the champion before his big match at Lockdown. Again, TNA backed itself into a corner by making its main feud between heel champion and the GM but at this point you have to get out of that box somehow. That's a way to do it without looking foolish.

Heck, you could even start playing into the next feud with it. Storm can be one of the guys that helps Sting, faces celebrate in the ring as Roode is hurting. After a few minutes of celebrating, the faces start walking back up the ramp and Roode attacks Storm, maybe even bloodies him to end the show. After a few good shots he's held back and you see a bloody Storm and a mad Roode staring at each other to end the show. Then you have the focus fully on the wrestlers and not a GM moving forward. The next Impact you do your opening promo and hopefully Roode delivers with something about how horrible Storm is as a person, how he betrayed Roode to win the title, how he never felt bad that Roode missed out on his chance, how they were supposed to be friends yet there was Storm helping Sting. Be the heel that believes the babyface is the bad guy and really give life to that feud and away you go. That could be a good transition.

Still, Roode can't just win clean here. It doesn't solve anything and wouldn't make any sense.

True I suppose. Hope I wasn't grasping at straws. You're not off base, at the same time I'm scratching my head at how it all will pan out. Sting has proven he can beat Roode one on one. If what you're saying does go down, and Roode still has momentum going into Lockdown yet he loses, it just seems like it would a waste if he's put on the backburner afterwards. I know it happens and fans can't control it. Yet Roode and Bully are the top heels right now so I would assume that he stays in the title pic with or without the belt.

For the first time in a while with TNA, I really can't guess how this one will go. There have been some excellent points made already. I suppose it ultimately comes down to whether they want to continue building Roode by having him go over a true legend, or make this part of the Storm/Roode build by having Sting go over (with some form of help from Storm obviously). I'm not suggesting that Sting or Storm cheat as such. All it takes is Storm coming to ringside and his mere presence being enough to distract Roode enough for Sting to steal the win.

I personally favour Sting winning. Roode has been built up enough. What they need now is heat, heat and more heat between Storm and Roode to make Lockdown appear as big a deal as possible. Whatever happens, Storm has to make himself known here. Even if it means beating down Roode after the match.

i think this match is either gonna be really good or just be boring both men are good but honestly i think bobby roode is 1 of those guys who does better when he has a pretty good opponet working with him like james storm or bully ray or jeff hardy id like to say roode will win and roll onto lockdown with storm but that wouldnt make alot of sense for storyline purposes...bottom line my pick is the stinger to get the win and this match to be a all out brawl

Sting puts over the champion. That is the whole point of this match. Roode will pick up the win and gain momentum going into Lockdown.

IHW's Prediction-
Roode picks up the win.

Personally I'd actually like to see Sting make it a title match, saying that it's not for his own personal gain but rather that nothing would be better than taking the title of Roode. Plus I feel like Roode should have to defend the title at least once before LockDown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back