• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Sacrifice] Rob Van Dam v. Bobby Roode (C) [TNA World Heavyweight Championship]

Who wins?

• Rob Van Dam

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Sacrifice 2012
Rob Van Dam v. Bobby Roode (C)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv1.jpg

• RVD defeated Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson in a #1 Contender's match on April 19th.

All discussion here.​

Fresh. That's a key thing here. We haven't seen much work between these two at all. Van Dam hasn't been in the Main Event Scene sense Roode has stepped up. This may be a nice stepping stone for a potential Roode vs. Storm continuation. I would be fine with that.

The booking here is iffy. Will it be a good match, sure. But, will it sale the PPV, probibly not. TNA better make the rest of the Sacrifice card great. This isn't a match you can rely on to get buys.

In the end, I do not see RVD winning this match at all. Roode has been built up way to much to loose to RVD with no proper backstory. When Bobby does drop the belt, it needs to be to Storm.

IHW's Prediction's- Robert Roode.

Grandma's Predictions- She is asleep. But, she can't stand Roode. So, I say she will say RVD.

I like the freshness of this match myself. It did seem odd that RVD came out of nowhere to win a number 1 contenders match, but I like this match right now for the simple reason that it should be a good stepping stone for Roode. I can't see Roode dropping the belt here in a match, like the above poster said, has no back story. I would like to see Roode go through a few more top tier opponents before he drops the title to James Storm, but I definitely see him going over here.

Fresh. That's a key thing here. We haven't seen much work between these two at all. Van Dam hasn't been in the Main Event Scene sense Roode has stepped up. This may be a nice stepping stone for a potential Roode vs. Storm continuation. I would be fine with that.

The booking here is iffy. Will it be a good match, sure. But, will it sale the PPV, probibly not. TNA better make the rest of the Sacrifice card great. This isn't a match you can rely on to get buys.

In the end, I do not see RVD winning this match at all. Roode has been built up way to much to loose to RVD with no proper backstory. When Bobby does drop the belt, it needs to be to Storm.

Grandma's Predictions- She is asleep. But, she can't stand Roode. So, I say she will say RVD.

And a Storm VS Roode match would get good buys? Let's face it, besides the TNA die hards, nobody could give two shits about Roode VS Storm. RVD, while old and dried up, was/is still a bigger star than Roode or Storm will ever be. Just because of the amount of national exposure he got in ECW and WWE.

The smart move here would be to have RVD win the match. At least that way, old RVD fans from his ECW/WWE days might hear about the fact that he is champion in TNA and tune in. I know everyone on these boards says it's all about the youth movement in TNA, but everybody else couldn't give a crap.

EDIT: Also, James Storm is an out of shape fatass with a beer gut.

And a Storm VS Roode match would get good buys? Let's face it, besides the TNA die hards, nobody could give two shits about Roode VS Storm. RVD, while old and dried up, was/is still a bigger star than Roode or Storm will ever be. Just because of the amount of national exposure he got in ECW and WWE.

The smart move here would be to have RVD win the match. At least that way, old RVD fans from his ECW/WWE days might hear about the fact that he is champion in TNA and tune in. I know everyone on these boards says it's all about the youth movement in TNA, but everybody else couldn't give a crap.

EDIT: Also, James Storm is an out of shape fatass with a beer gut.

Don't be such a jackass. Now, take this with a whole damn shaker of salt if you will - the source being one Mr Meltzer - but apparently Dixie has stated that they're viewing the current poor ratings as an investment in the future ie they're not rushing things or playing hot potato with the belt - like back in the bad old Russo days - in order to put a brief spike in the ratings. TNA look like they're committed to the idea of pushing young and homegrown talent for the long haul.

If RVD goes over here, I'll eat my hat. I am glad he's back to freshen up the main event scene and Roode's reign in a general. A totally different type of opponent for him. I'd like to see RVD do an almost clean job here, as Roode needs to start looking strong if they are going to build for one truly EPIC encounter with Storm (may even be BFG before we see them 1 on 1 again). Perhaps Storm could lay a beatdown on Roode post-match though?

Oh, and watch your lip about Mr Storm on these boards. We don't take kindly to your sort around here :rolleyes:

When RVD beat AJ for the belt, there was no build up or back story in that. But I agree with you that RVD doesn't get the title in this one, although I like the matchup. RVD never officially lost the championship in a match, and Roode claims there's no other "heroes" left to to defeat. RVD might come close, but Roode retains.

Management tried that when they gave RVD the title two years ago. And while it's possible they failed to achieve their goal due to the way they made RVD's title reign play second fiddle to every other major player on the show, they failed all the same.

However, I also think people are underplaying the chance Van Dam has here. Obviously Roode is the clear favourite, but anyone who's looking at Van Dam as a guaranteed stepping stone for the champ doesn't have all the facts. The facts? When Van Dam originally signed with TNA, it was for two years. Which means that he almost certainly signed a new contract before his return to television. Given how quickly Van Dam won the world title upon his debut with the company in 2010, it's fair to speculate that his reign was part of his contract designed to appease his massive ego. What if his new contract puts the belt around his waist one more time? A couple weeks ago, the main page reported that Van Dam was going to be pushed as a top guy going forward. Does that entail a win over Roode at Sacrifice?

I personally don't think Storm needs to dethrone Roode to be okay in the long run. In fact I think Storm returning to find that Van Dam did what he couldn't would make for some interesting television. Not to mention that Van Dam dethroning Roode would be a shocker worth experiencing. Personally, I'm all for Van Dam defeating Roode. I think it's perfectly feasible and reasonable. While we may have smarky fantasies about Roode getting a long title reign with numerous faces bowing down before him, we've already gotten that. It has to end sometime, and I can't see a shocking Van Dam win being any less desirable than a highly-telegraphed Storm win.

That said, Roode wins here. Just because. People should be viewing this match as a greater source of drama than they are, but I don't really see Roode losing here.

Reactions: IHW
:confused:Do you think what he said in impact is a partof a Storyline ? Do you think James will be at Sacrifce or have him sit out until BFG in october? james said this on Twitter account Tell me what you think Emotional time in my life after lockdown Need time to think what I need to do, will not not make live events. is this part if a storyline.

:confused:Do you think what he said in impact is a partof a Storyline ? Do you think James will be at Sacrifce or have him sit out until BFG in october? james said this on Twitter account Tell me what you think Emotional time in my life after lockdown Need time to think what I need to do, will not not make live events. is this part if a storyline.

of course it is, not the 1st time tna uses twitter for storlines

should be a pretty good match RVD always makes a pretty good challenger to the heavyweight title and this could be a good fued for roode until storms back to take the title off him fully expect bobby roode to win the title here

RVD doesn't deserve to win this match. Somebody like Jeff Hardy deserves another rematch as he has been screwed over and over again. This match is not entertaining and there is no build up to it.
But i bet out of nowhere RVD will win this match and hold on to the title for a very very long time, which i hope doesn't happen. I don't like Bobby Roode but i hope this one time he will once again retain the tna world championship.

:confu
Sacrifice 2012
Rob Van Dam v. Bobby Roode (C)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

ImpactWrestling.jpg

ppv1.jpg
:Get well soon

• RVD defeated Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson in a #1 Contender's match on April 19th.

All discussion here.​

:

RVD doesn't deserve to win this match. Somebody like Jeff Hardy deserves another rematch as he has been screwed over and over again. This match is not entertaining and there is no build up to it.
But i bet out of nowhere RVD will win this match and hold on to the title for a very very long time, which i hope doesn't happen. I don't like Bobby Roode but i hope this one time he will once again retain the tna world championship.
:confused: It is all over the web saying james Storm is take time off Is it part of the story line? How long Tna have him sitting at home?

RVD is not always the easiest to work with and looks a little sluggish, but Roode has become a ring general and I think they'll mesh well enough to have a solid match.

I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility that RVD signed a new deal and there's a title run clause in it, but I doubt it, I think Roode wins here.

:confused: It is all over the web saying james Storm is take time off Is it part of the story line? How long Tna have him sitting at home?

According to the front page he's taking a bit of time off to heal up a few nagging injuries.

If RVD is motivated and Robert Roode is not screwed over by being booked to keep his title by any means possible (i.e. underwhelming finnish as have been many of his PPV main events since winning the belt) then this could be a really good match, and therefor I feel that I'm already asking too much of TNA.

RVD vs Roode could be the worst TNA main event of 2012. RVD has been mostly unmotivated since coming to TNA whilst the match endings of world champion Robert Roode have been booked in such a way that I'm genuinely glad I can watch PPV's for free on Challenge TV in the UK. Unless someone gioves RVD a well received motivational speech about giving it your all and someone else tells Roode he can wrestle as he wants because the ending of the match is going to be clean and decisive I believe this will be another dud ending if not a dud match.

My fear is that RVD has been booked to win the belt as a way of keeping him happy and in TNA, but he will continue to make little effort to justify his position. The RVD of the original ECW, who rarely delivered a subpar match in PPV's, is long gone.

RVD may have had a contract stipulation to win the belt last time, but he probably doesnt have one this time due to how bad and insignificant that reign was. And even if he does have a stipulation to win the belt at some point it wont be againt Roode.

RVD won this 3 way match so he can be fed to Roode. RVD is the name and the history that makes this somewhat of a 'big match' because its RVD, but make no mistake, TNA knows they have something cooking right now with Bobby Roode and RVD's role is to elevent Roode a little bit more if thats possible...to keep Roode looking like the strong heel champ that he is. This really isnt even a matter of smarks...its common sense.

Hardy is to 'big' in TNA to match up with Roode right now. The Storm program has to be over and done with before Roode moves on to Hardy, and thats IF Roode comes out of this program with the title. RVD is a stepping stone for Roode right now, but that doesnt mean RVD is going to look like a bum in this match. I mean, its just going to be a match with RVD its not even going to be an extended program.

We are 4 weeks away from the PPV. They haven't had any TV time to build it up.

Roode. It's got to be Roode. RVD quite frankly can't put on main-event calibre matches anymore, although he could surprise at Sacrifice. Regardless, this feels like Roode vs. Styles all over again. Roode will find some way of cheating to win, RVD will be incensed Hogan will put Roode in a match on impact vs. RVD for title, which Roode will find another cheap way to win and we'll move on to the next feud.

I'm afraid that RVD will win... I have never seen him so happy since his last title reign. Also that BFF scene with Hogan, that figures.

Bobby Roode will win this for a number of reasons.

1. Filler feud.
RVD is just a filler feud for Bobby Roode until James Storm returns. RVD is like a stunt dubble for Storm while his healing up.

2. James Storm will take the belt.
I have a real strong feeling that James Storm will be the one to take the belt of Bobby Roode probley at BFG too.

3. Bound for Glory Series
The place it begun and possibly the place it will end. The Bound for glory series could set up a match between Roode and Storm if Storm wins the series.

4. RVD doesn't deseve it.
What makes anyone think RVD deseves the strap just for returning at Lockdown? I can think of plenty of wrestlers in TNA more deseving then RVD such as Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle.

4. RVD doesn't deseve it.
What makes anyone think RVD deseves the strap just for returning at Lockdown? I can think of plenty of wrestlers in TNA more deseving then RVD such as Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle.

wait are you being serious? jeff hardy the guy who screwed over the company by coming out higher then heaven last time he was champion deserves the title? :lmao: hardys gonna be working the midcard for awhile longer the way i see it i wouldnt mind seeing angle challenge roode if he turned face but roode needs to hold onto the title till BFG where storm can beat him clean in the mean time guys like RVD,anderson and angle can be fed to roode as for hardy hes had a few shots keep him away from roode for awhile now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back