• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Final Resolution] Bobby Roode v. Jeff Hardy (C) [TNA World Heavyweight Championship]

Who wins?

• Bobby Roode

• Jeff Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Resolution 2012
Bobby Roode v. Jeff Hardy (C)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

600hardyroode.jpg

All discussion here.​

I really wish we would have gotten Storm vs Hardy here or even a triple threat it's stupid they took the title shot away from him. That being said i'm not really looking forward to this match we had it enough earlier this year and Roode winning the belt would be moronic. Gotta go with Hardy on this one, I could also see Storm costing Roode the match here setting up a triple threat title match for Genesis next year.

I also would have like to see at least a triple threat here if we can't get Hardy and Storm right away. I think that hardy will retain here. It just doesn't seem reasonable that he would lose the title this soon. Hardy needs to keep the belt a little longer, and I hope eventually we do get to see a Storm hadry match for the title.

Hardy and Roode's feud has just begun. I feel that this can be extended into something great. Hardy is a huge face; TNA's face. Roode is one of, if not the, top heels in the company. Give them a background. Make the feud personal. Give it more time. This can close out 2012 and lead us right into 2013. Tna's main focus needs to shift from Aces and Eights downhill spiral to this feud right here. As of now, Hardy takes this one. There is no real reason he shouldn't.

IHW's Prediction- Hardy wins

Gotta go with Hardy on this one. Not a big fan of him as champ though, even if he has the legit accolades.

Roode's got fingers in most pies available in TNA. Aries and storm still have some bone picking to do, and i'm sure Jeff's inner monologue will really drive this fued. They can have more fun with this one having Roode on the outside, as they have for a while now.
The upper card with those guys there is as juicy as its been for a while now. Needs a little more Bullly and hopeful somebody from Aces and Eights and were set.

Should be a great match, we might even get to see Roode's finishing manouver. (Its been near a year I think). Both guys are more than capable of taking this one as far as it needs to go.

Rollin with Hardy here. Roode was great as champ, but for some reason I think Storm will play a factor in the outcome. Jeff seems to be hanging alright thus far, and I don't recall if Hardy ever got a clean win over Roode.

Which one? The Payoff (Perfectplex)? He does it quite often.

Really? I tune in atleast 3 weeks of the month and theres an ongoing joke among my housemates that he never actually does the move. Some of the guys I live with have never seen it. He's a great heel, and always has a beer bottle handy. I've seen THAT more often.

If he pulls that out against Hardy, I'll throw money at the TV!

Really? I tune in atleast 3 weeks of the month and theres an ongoing joke among my housemates that he never actually does the move. Some of the guys I live with have never seen it. He's a great heel, and always has a beer bottle handy. I've seen THAT more often.

I know he's done it recently. Maybe even in his win against Storm to take the #1 contendership.

Anyways, no debate here. Hardy wins.

Well... I THOUGHT he actually used it on Storm in their somewhat recent match but I could be wrong on that. A time where I know he's used it for sure was both of his matches with Aries. But I know what you mean he does use that move more sparingly. It's annoying because Taz and Tenay never call it the Payoff they always call it a fisherman suplex like it's one of his normal moves lol

"Quite often" was a bad choice of words on my part, I apologise.

Oh and as for my prediction, HArdy, but I'd love it to be Roode. I like the idea of Storm playing a part, this could give Roode a rematch excuse and get more mileage out of the feud with a 3 way somewhere in there.

The obvious choice to close the show, and my prediction for the match of the night. Roode had the longest run with the belt since its creation and was a great heel champion, so it would make sense for Hardy to defeat him and overcome the odds. Hardy should get the win so that he can add more momentum and credibility to his reign. Going over Roode in this match will benefit him a great deal. I doubt that Roode will get the belt back this early, the match will be used to make Hardy look better as the World Champion. If Roode did happen to win, I wouldn't entirely be against it as I am a fan of his, but it makes more sense for Hardy to retain. The show closes as Hardy celebrates having retained the TNA World Championship. There will most likely be a rematch at the next PPV regardless of who wins this time, and I wouldn't be against that.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Jeff Hardy will retain the TNA World Championship.

Hardy isn't dropping the belt to Bobby Roode, at least not at Final Resolution. TNA wants to keep Jeff Hardy on the roster so they're going to do whatever they can to keep him happy. The last I heard, Hardy hadn't signed a new deal with TNA. I haven't read anything else about it in about a month, so I'm assuming that he hasn't signed a new contract.

If he hasn't, then that gives Hardy advantage over TNA. Allegedly, Hardy is by far TNA's biggest draw when it comes to merchandise. TNA needs all the cash it can get if recent house show figures in Minnesota & North Dakota of 250 & 550 fans are accurate. Hardy will hold the title through the rest of this year.

The match should be strong nonetheless, I'm just not particularly buying into Hardy as champion. As with CM Punk & Austin Aries, probably Hardy's two best feuds of the past several years, Hardy needs a strong heel to carry the lion's share of the feud in terms of build up. Bobby Roode is someone that can do that for the next couple of months.

What I'm guessing happens is that Hardy holds the belt until Lockdown and drops it, possibly, to Roode by then with Roode then holding it until BFG where he drops it to the winner of the BFG Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back