• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Final Resolution] AJ Styles v. Bobby Roode (C) [Ironman Match] [World Championship]

Who wins?

• AJ Styles

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Final Resolution 2011
AJ Styles v. Bobby Roode (C)
30-Minute Ironman Match
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finalres1a.jpg

All discussion here.​

this should be a great match between these 2 it should be fun to watch them go at each other for 30 minutes i see both men getting atleast 2 falls but im gonna go with bobby roode to retain the title and then as for aj...sense angle is gonna fued with storm it seems i guess aj gets 1 more shot at roode before roode moves on...i wouldnt mind seeing aj win here but it wouldnt be too smart sense roode needs to keep winning

As much as I would love to see AJ pick up the win here that is pretty unlikely considering the how quickly the titles changed last go around and the fact that Bobby Roode is doing an excellent job as world champion. Also as much as I love AJ it would be stupid if he won here, it's Roode's time and AJ will have plenty of oppertunites in the future but Bobby is going to continue to cheat to win and shove it in Fortune's faces.
It's going to be a great match, Iron Man matches always make for good entertainment and I think that Sting's little bit about AJ being a former Grand Slam Champion and tooting his horn as cheap and small as it was added a little credibility to the chance of Styles picking up the win, but he probably wont and Roode will retain.

I think Roode keeps the belt in this one. Even though I'd like to see AJ get another title run, Roode seems to be holding his own with the belt. And I do believe Storm will play a part as a wild card. I see this ending in similar fashion to the Ironman match with Rock and HHH back at Judgement Day 2000 (check it out on Youtube to see what I'm referring to).

I'm sure this will be an entertaining match. However, this still feels like a place holder type of feud at this point in time and there's little to no doubt that Roode will be retaining the title here. Taking the title off Roode would be a foolish move as he's certainly the most interesting champ TNA has had in quite some time.

As for the Ironman stipulation, I'm kinda underwhelmed. As I said, I'm sure the match will be good, but if you're gonna do an Ironman Match, then do it all the way with the full 60 minutes. But, at least they didn't go for the 15 minute stipulation like we saw with Douglas Williams & Styles earlier this year.

This is going to be one hell of a match, match of the year potential. These two will put on one hell of a show. AJ is the best wrestler/entertainer in the ring at the moment, second only to CM Punk. I've always been an AJ fan and really wish he was in WWE. I remember when he won the 4 way at No surrender 2 years ago, what a moment that was. For him to beat Matt Morgan Sting and Kurt Angle showed that he was the #1 guy in TNA. He's always been a main eventer and I'm sure he would be a top guy in WWE, unless they put a pathetic gimmick on him.

Bobby Roode should have win the title at Bound For Glory and slowly turn heel, but thats for a different debate :)

As for the match, Roode will retain the title as I think he is going to have a long run as a heel champion. I would love to see the match go to sudden death!

I see Roode using dirty heel tactics for all his points in the match and AJ just missing out at the end. I also see James Storm and Kurt Angle doing a run in during the match, to make it more interesting.

Booby Roode has been an entertaining heel champion so far. AJ Styles will always be a worthy choice for World Champion, because he can deliver good and great matches, but I'm picking Roode for the win here. Booby Roode is a fresh face in the world title picture, and I don't think he should lose the belt so soon.

As far as the match goes, I'm expecting something good here. The match between these two at Turning Point was fantastic, and I actually like the idea of a 30 minute Iron Man match here. Hour long Iron Man matches can just drag on forever sometimes, and all of the suspense usually occurs at the very end of the match. The 30 minute time limit can help everything move faster, and I won't have that tiresome feeling of watching a wrestling match for one hour.

This should be a good match AJ & Roode work well together and given the 30minutes to work with I think this will be one of the best matches in TNA from this whole year. I think Roode will win because they need to keep building his selfish champ character, plus I would like to see him get one of the more lenghty title runs that TNA has had in quite a while, a good 7 to 8 months. It would benefit him and the company.

I'm going with Roode in a 30 min draw with 2 pins for him and AJ, Roode will try to get out of the ring as quick as possible thinking he escaped, then Sting comes out and says their needs to be a deffinative winner and restarts the match saying next pinfall wins, then Roode pulls some underhanded tactics to get the win after about 10 more minutes. Probably wont go down like that but thats what I would like to see.

This should be awesome. AJ might be the best all-around wrestler in the business, and Roode isn't exactly a slouch either. Roode's heel run has been shockingly fantastic so far. I always thought he could make a good heel, but he's taken to his new role much faster and much better than I had expected. I predict Roodes to keep his reign going, and probably feud with Hardy next, and an all-around great match from these two.

This is going to be a fun match. AJ Styles has the skills to make any match exciting for the fans and working with Bobby Roode gives him someone who can work as well. I'm a fan of both guys (more so AJ) and I'm looking forward to this contest. I see no reason why the title should change hands as we are just waiting for James Storm to recover from his injury. The stipulation adds something new to the mix with the addition of multiple pinfalls and submission always being exciting. As I said at the beginning of my post, Bobby Roode keeps the gold this time as we wait for Storm to come back.

As nice as it would be to see AJ Styles come out of this the winner, we all know that's not happening. It's Roode's time now. This match will be all about putting on the best show possible in TNA. Roode as their World Champion will come out of this looking even stronger after taking down the best challenger he could get in Styles. The fact that it's an Ironman Match helps catch my interest even more because those matches are usually reserved for the guys who can keep the fans watching for an extended timeframe. We are in for a treat with this match. I expect it to close the show, be the best of the night, and for Roode to walk out having defended his title. This will end the feud. Styles moves on to a filler feud while Roode's next challenger will likely be Jeff Hardy.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Bobby Roode will retain the TNA World Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back