• AJ Styles

• Robert Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Turning Point 2011
AJ Styles v. Robert Roode (C)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppvmatch1.jpg

All discussion here.​

Hopefully AJ is able to go for this one. I know there are reports that his injury is one that would usually sideline a superstar for a month or so. This could be a showstealer. Both guys on their A game is tough to top. Roode obviously has to win this one as they need to solidify him as champion. Playing hot potato and changing the title yet again would be ridiculous. AJ has had his time and this is Roode's chance to run with it until the inevitable James Storm feud (I know they've fought, but I'm not counting them). And with AJ's injury it makes me even more confident that Roode wins this thing. Honestly I'd have Roode be the one "responsible" for putting AJ on the shelf, get him a little more heat ya know?

The fact that this probably would have been an amazing match between Storm vs Roode were Cowboy not dealing with that concussion kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But the fact that my boy AJ is now facing Roode for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship makes me alot happier, as long as AJ's ankle isn't too screwed up this will be a hell of a match that I am very excited for. Styles is always a legitimate threat but I'd say considering the quick title change between Storm and Roode that the odds are against Roode dropping the title but you never know. I think it's going to be the best match of the night and after a war I see Roode cheating somehow and retaining his title against AJ Styles.

Gunslinger's Prediction
Robert Roode Retains

Hmm, I have to say, Due to AJ'S ankle injury and all, and seeing that Joe isn't on the card and he's on his warpath to eliminate all contenders, I see him taking AJ out before the match and inserting himself into the match. but if I had to guess the winner, it'd have to be Roode for 2 reasons, to build up a feud with Storm, and for Joe to get even madder and do even worse stuff on his warpath.

I have to say that based on the injury to AJ's ankle, Roode holds onto the belt. Its a shame that neither Storm or AJ are at 100%. Its been a long while since Styles has held the belt and was due for a title shot, but I don't see him getting it back at this point in time. Chances are both men will put in a good effort for Turning Point.

As much as i would love to see A.J have the strap again having Roode lose just wouldnt make sense and that would be 3 title changes in a month so hopefully Roode wins this one. and whos to say A.J can even compete with the ankle injury i can see Joe coming into the equation somewhere as he isnt even on the card

First of all, who the F*ck are the writers? The feud between Storm and Roode should have lasted until a PPV bout! Injuries may have played a factor in the decisions. With that being said, Roode and Styles will be a heck of a match. But, there is too much in lack of "build-up" before this match. It was announced last minute on the Impact before the PPV.

I wish this match had more time to build, im not saying it was a bad build, but a little lack luster.
Roode has a lot going for him, and AJ's true time has yet to come.

IHW's Prediction- Bobby Roode, by submission

Roode just won the title weeks ago and TNA needs to show Roode will be a good heel Champion so taking out AJ will the first step in doing that Turning Point Sunday.

in this quickly promoted TNA World title match, Roode HAS to go over. if AJ goes over then TNA has issues, i think they should have Roode retain then have him defend vs. another contender while Storm is out selling the injury, THEN have a 3 month long feud with Storm and Roode. Roode should be built as a great heel while Storm should be built as a great face.

I'm a mark for AJ but Roode just HAS to go over here. In order for him to further establish himself as TNA's top heel, he needs to have a good long title reign instead of playing hot potato. I only hope Styles will be able to work this match because if their match from a few weeks ago is any indicator, this should be a good match assuming AJ is able to work through his ankle injury. I'm not sure if that will happen because apparently the injury is supposed to be a high ankle sprain and the pics he posted on Twitter of the injury looked pretty bad. I'm guessing we'll likely see a injury angle at the beginning of the PPV and then they work a short match with Roode going after the ankle and AJ selling it.

Wait, what is THIS? Two TNA originals are main eventing a PPV in the world title match together without any involvement from the WWE/WCW rejects? Did pigs just start flying?

Sarcasm aside.... I cannot wait for this match. This will be the match of the night, I am calling it right now. Styles always has great matches and I think he will put over Roode quite well in this match. Would I be against a Styles win? Of course not. He is awesome, unlike The Miz. Roode should win though because he deserves a long title run filled with good retentions after how he got built up before Bound For Glory. It is his time.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Robert Roode will retain the TNA World Championship

This has the potential to be the match of the night even though there was practically no build for it. TNA had a chance to make a huge statement at BFG and they didn't take it. They're getting another opportunity here so I just hope to God that they don't screw this up.

We all love AJ Styles, but he needs to lose here. If TNA is serious about going forward and making newer guys the focus of the main event and TNA WHC picture, then Robert Roode needs to retain here and it needs to be through pinfall or submission. Roode needs this win more than Styles does. AJ is great, but he's been in this spot several times over the years and he's just not a draw. Roode has been champ for a couple of weeks and TNA is drawing more viewers than their usual 1.4-1.5 million viewers. It hasn't been a massive increase, but it has been in the 1.7-1.8 million range for the past two weeks. Will the momentum last? Will the viewership even go up more? I dunno, but TNA would be stupid not to actually give this some time.

For all of the reasons already noted by others, the winner of this match has to be Bobby Roode. After all of the build of the BFG Series, after losing to Angle at BFG but then turning heel to take the title from Storm in such a cheap heelish fashion, I just cannot imagine having him drop the title so soon. Roode needs a decisive victory here, to build upon the push that he is finally receiving. Dropping the title to Styles at this point would be ludicrous. It's refreshing to see two TNA Originals in the main event of the PPV, with two others not too far removed. Hopefully TNA will do the right thing here and build upon the new direction they appear to be heading in.

Despite this being filler while they build the "Who whacked James Storm" story, this can be a total showstealing surprise main event. TNA has had the title hop twice this month for the sake of putting both Roode and Storm over so I doubt they would do it again. If TNA's aim at the moment is to build this attack on Storm as something similar to when Austin was run over, then I expect shenanigans from none other than Samoa Joe, who has not appeared this week and has no place on the card.

I expect Roode to retain. DQ due to Joe, sneaky win Joe or no Joe, but I just expect him to keep the belt.

The only way Roode doesn't win this is if TNA are looking to swerve us and despite the fact that I love AJ, I seriously hope this isn't the case. However, given Storm's current predicament, I would like a tainted win to allow some mileage for an AJ series because this is a good initial build for the new champ.

Injury to AJ or not I don't see Joe substituting, TNA has had enough stick recently for ME scandal without changing Turning Point's to a heel / heel affair at the event itself.

Roode needs to win, if AJ wins than TNA will have had 4 champions in one month and that just wouldn't sit right with alot of fans that think the title gets passed around to much already and has little to no value as it is. So I pick Roode to win it just makes the most sence.

On one hand, I should feel like the outcome of this match is a no-brainer. Roode is clearly management's boy and AJ is in a rough spot dealing with an injury. On the other hand, funky title switching antics has been the order of the month in TNA when it comes to putting spotlight on TNA originals. I think Roode will retain,but some drama is abound when booking over the last month is taken into account. As such, this feels like a little more than a filler title defence. Here's hoping AJ is in good enough condition to help Roode get the crowd to feel that drama.

should be a damn good match with roode retaining the title aj winning makes no sense unless its by DQ i see roode retaining clean then beating up aj more or just cheating to win over aj

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back