Vickie Gurerro's Next "Interest": Jack Swagger?

Klown_Karnage

Slapstick Heavyweight Champion
Yes, this may sound like a very weird and random topic to start off, but allow me to continue before jumping to conclusions. I do believe this idea worth consideration.

Vickie is now in a position of some power on Smackdown, the show that Jack Swagger has gone to and is now main event champion of. Now, on a previous episode of Smackdown, directly after Swagger wrested the belt from Jericho, Vickie offered to be of help to Swagger. With the exception of her failure with Eric Escobar, Vickie likes to forge alliances with champs and others who can enforce her authority. Eddie, Edge, Show, etc. It only makes sense that she'd make a play for Swagger, not just for the fact that she'd once again be with a champion but also for the fact that she could both help and hinder Swagger depending on his treatment of her. It would add almost a "cougar" element to this character, (albeit a deluded vision of herself.) This might be enough, but there's more.

Edge and Vickie are still apparently going through the divorce that was teased at the last time she left. Even though she and Edge haven't touched on it yet, there's plenty of potential for messy divorce-related proceedings. Vickie would want someone to get vengeance for her and who better than a new boy toy to get the job done? More and more story potential here. And now, we bring in Simply Flawless.

Simply Flawless is like the "cheerleading squad" that managed to recruit the female principal. Now, what is the best sort of guy for this stereotypical group of cheerleaders to swoon over? Why the head jock/athlete and that would be Swagger. You'd have to admit that he fits the stereotypical bill for this type of character very nicely. Stable formed, or rather Jack Swagger acquires a harem.

This might allow the WWE to avoid another Sheamus situation. I don't think that Swagger's at the point where we'll buy him defeating main eventers and retaining unassisted, but with Vickie's influence, that might allow him to have a lengthy heel championship reign with plenty of story potential. Plus, when it comes time for him to fall out of favor with Vickie, it could always be revealed that Swagger is secretly boffing the other members of Simply Flawless.

I could be wrong on this, though. I'm willing to listen. What do all of you think of this? Could it work? What might you change?

I think if Swagger and Vickie did form another "Power Couple" the only way it would work if Vickie and Edge go through a Divorce type of angle because I Dont see Vickie doing anything that could influence Swaggers tittle run untill she becomes General Manager Of Smackdown.

Good idea, but something of a doubled-edged sword. While it does offer several components for a story, it's nothing new. Edge and Big Show may have benefited from Vickie's involvement, but they also lost alot of credibility. Swagger needs to win hard fought matches to make himself seem worthy of the title so soon. Edge and Big Show had proven before Vickie that they were capable alone, but the easy ride was easier (duh lol). Swagger hasn't proven that yet and at least his first few defenses need to be impressive, before he goes balls out cheating and manipulating or else it seems that's all he has. The great heels (Jericho, Punk, Orton(a few months ago)) all proved they could go, but an easy out is always nice. Overall you've got something, just not at this moment in time if Swagger's to last in the main event

Dude I was exactly thinking this when I saw the backstage segment of Jack kissing vickie. Then Edge can feud with Swagger for the WHC if he retains at extreme rules

I actually disagree with the setiment Swagger needs to prove he can defend his title against Main eventers before he moves onto cheating.. He just got back from a Stint in the Lower Mid-card Fueding with Santino... His last relevant fued was against MVP, and his credibility is already suspect. He beat up an injured Jericho for the Title, I think involving Vicky and a cheating will allow him to logically (in a kayfabe sense) keep the title around him even though the competition is seen as suprior. It allows the WWE to test Swagger with a Decent Title Run, see how he resopnds and preforms in the main event scene,and THEN if he passes, you can always have him build credibility after the run, or slowly.. But I think it would help people accept him as a legitmate champion if Vicky and himself formed that "power couple " type thing. Not to mention it would incress his heat monstrously, and really give us an interesting angle and set up a fued right away with Edge for the World Title

I guess the main point is Right now I can't picture a guy who got thrown over the top rope in his own Challege by Santino beating down a multi-time WWE and WHC like Randy Orton who is set up as a complete bad-ass and one of the most dominant forces in the WWE today.. But if Vicky helped out I could see it.

Please no, Swagger should go for someone other than guerrero. I hate it when wrestlers kkiss that pig, it's disguisting. If he is going to have a valet, make it one of laycool or something, Just, no guerrero

I think, personally, that Vickie is quite repulsive. What Jack should do is just kiss up to Vickie, but totally hang with Simply Flawless. He won't be too much around Leyla since she's from England, but does anyone recall Michelle McCool being referred to as the 'All-American Diva?' That would work pretty well if they were together. The All-American couple (sounds lame, I know, but you get the idea).

But simply having those two enter together isn't enough. Thats what you have Vickie for. She has all the power on SmackDown, so she uses it to give Jack and Michelle what they want. Its worth something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back