• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very Interesting...

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A mysterious image accompanied with Russian text has suggested that Ubisoft is on the verge of announcing a new title.

www.totalvideogames.com_69997_Ubi_Capture.jpg

В данный момент дальнейшие разведданные по текущей ситуации в процессе сбора.
Полный анализ стоит ожидать в течение шести дней.

NevskiyProspekt

A rough translation of the text claims:

"At the moment, further intelligence on the current situation in the collection. A full analysis is expected within six days."

The co-ordinates map precisely to St Petersburg, where Nevskiy Prospekt is a nearby street. Useless wiki research reveals that the Russian writer Fyodor Dostoyevsky employed the setting in a number of his works, such as Crime & Punishment.

Could this be a new End War, World in Conflict, or perhaps somethign entirely new and original? It seems we'll know in just a few days time.​

How cool is that!?

Seriously, I am quite excited to find out what id could possible be. As you can see, reports are already leading towards games such as End War and World In Conflict but I would really love to see it be something original. Of course, there is a huge spectrum of game that this could possibly be. It could be anything from a first person shooter or a MMO. I am really intrigued and I think that this is genuinely quite interesting. Now, with that being said, what do you guys think this means and what would you like to see come from it?

I love shit like this. There's always some viral ads for some new game floating around. It keeps hardcore gamers interesting in future releases if they feel something big is coming. And this viral ad would suggest that something very big is coming. And when Ubisoft is involved in something that's not cheap shovelware, we should all be keeping an eye on it.

As for what the game could be... Well it could be anything. There's the obvious, some sort of war game around the time of the cold war and you have to shoot up some Russians. Or it might be something we're not expecting. It could even be something on Splinter Cell conviction, since we haven't heard anything about that in ages. Or maybe an all new Splinter Cell? But perhaps we'll find out in 6 days...

In my idealized hopeful world, this would be hinting towards an update of the N64 game Sin And Punishment. Obviously, there is no way that is happening.

Realistically they are probably planning a sequel to an existing franchise. I wouldn't mind if they did something bold and new though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back