• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Using Broken Matt Hardy to "Delete" TNA?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
So we know that TNA is for sale. We know that Corgan wants majority ownership and that there’s a lot of in-fighting amongst the ownership group between Corgan, Aroluxe, Fite Network (?), and Dixie Carter. We also know that Corgan and others have been very critical of the bombed out “TNA” acronym, so here’s what Junior Detective over here is thinking…

Corgan is still in the process of acquiring majority ownership. Creatively, the plan would be to run through the end of the year based on the tapings this past week, leading to the insanity that will be “Total Nonstop Deletion” — a minor spoiler report from this morning that TNA is planning an entire episode of Impact Wrestling filmed at the Hardy Compound. According to the main page, “the episode will be set up by a “Broken” Matt Hardy promo where Matt invites tag teams from around “time and space” to compete in the main event of the episode from the Hardy Compound, Tag Team Apocalypto.” Furthermore, “The Bucks of Youth, The Express Who Rocks & Rolls, The Bulldogs Who Are British and The Days of The New” have been invited to participate.

Now, factor in the tweets Matt sent this morning talking about how *he* wants to buy TNA, and how if he were to acquire it the first thing he would do is to DELETE the OBSOLETE acronym… well, are you putting one and two together like I am?

Could they, in effect, use this as a creative means to literally “delete” TNA and come into 2017 under new ownership and a new banner? Because the stars sure do seem aligned to do so if you ask me. Of course, this is all contingent on Carter still selling to Corgan at the end of the day, so who knows — maybe this is all for naught, but it did get me thinking.

I actually saw a similar theory on reddit today, and it could make sense if you want to keep the Hardy train going.

I'll be honest, the Broken Matt Hardy thing is getting a little much for my tastes, but it is getting a lot of attention. If they, and by they I mean Corgan and whoever he deems worthy of running the company with him, can capitalize on the attention that Hardy is bringing in, then it wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion. TNA as an acronym has a lot of stink on it for various reasons. If you settle the financial and ownership aspects soon, then I would totally be on board with Matt deleting TNA. Its those weird things in wrestling that I love, and what in theory is weirder and more out there than Broken Matt Hardy deleting TNA from existence?

In the end, I'm all for anything that allows Corgan to start fresh, but I kinda dig this theory. They just need to hope it works out soon, before people tire of what Matt is bringing to the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final edition from the compound ends with the TNA ring going up in flames with Josh & Pope doing the whole 'what does this mean for TNA' etc & hyping the first show off 2017.

Anyways, it makes sense with the video library thing, if Corgan is the new owner he's going to want something he can hold on to should his investment go pear shaped a few months down the line so a new company rising from the ashes of TNA is going to happen but at the same time 'Impact' will be incorporated somewhere into the new name.

I won't be surprised if they have a TNA Impact Wrestling 2002 - 2016 graphic at the end of this episode.

As for Matt being used to delete TNA well I believe it's already been deleted with a the focus on long winded promos, matches that seemed rushed, vignettes like final deletion and the stuff with Decay, and putting a championship on every ex WWE guy that comes in or placing them in the main event it won't be long before the X division is cursed with this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back