Billy Corgan is the New President of TNA

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, current Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer and former TNA President Dixie Carter may be on her way out of the company.

Towards the end of the show, the subject is brought up after a question is posed about new President Billy Corgan’s entertainment industry connections helping TNA possibly find a new television deal. In regards to Carter, Meltzer says despite what is said publicly, Carter is completely out of power, then says she is ‘pretty much on her way out’. Carter’s lack of presence at the last two sets of TNA TV tapings in Orlando and reported comments made about her are referenced, and says he was also told by someone else that Corgan’s recent appearance on Vince Russo’s podcast raises a few ‘red flags’ as far as her status.

I am going to assume that this is true.

So if my assumption is right, this could go damn well considering the influx of talents TNA had lately. There's been major criticism regarding Dixie being on TV most of the time which would be shut once this really happens.

TNA has talent now which is enough to rejuvenate it's credibility and all it needs is good and logical booking. I hope that improvement be it gradual or fast takes place in TNA regarding booking.

Dixie Carter's departure will be a breath of fresh air for TNA. It certainly will mean a new vision for the company and Billy Corgan seems like the man to take it forward. He's the founder of Resistance Pro Wrestling, an indy promotion that out of the blue actually got famous after reports of a possible TV Series for AMC's Channel.

What does that mean, you ask? Well, it means Billy Corgan has experience working the business. It means he has good connections in the entertainment industry to help the brand overall. He doesn't seem afraid to take risks and he puts his brand out there and that's usually a good thing as far as wrestling goes.

Working an indy promotion actually brings him closer to the wrestling fans of the new era. More wrestling, more diversity, more core focus on characters. He isn't going to run WWE. Not even close. He's going to run a semi-national promotion who doesn't tour and has lost a lot of their sources of revenue.

The only problem here is "money". Without money TNA can't do anything to grow, they can't really invest on better wrestlers. Billy Corgan has some but I don't know if it's enough. In a years time, I hope we are still here talking about how awesome TNA has become.

To offer a bit of a different perspective, I haven't watched TNA in nearly four years and flipped over for a little bit tonight (mainly cause I was wondering a) what channel is this and how long has directv even offered this to me and b) how long has TNA been on this channel) (I don't even remember the name of the channel). Also, I've been a Smashing Pumpkins fan for a very long, therefore, had a hard time associating Billy with anything other than music and Courtney Love. Anyhow - when Corgan came out tonight to address McIntyre, it was a little strange but overall, I thought it was awesome. Billy seemed comfortable on the mic, and I'll echo what IDR said, was a little awkward in a way that oddly works. Billy fits..I don't know exactly what it is that seemed so compelling about the situation, but it was a pretty cool site to see. Billy appears to give off the right vibe for Impact; though my ability to speak on and judge Impact is based off of five minutes.

With that said, I may start recording Impact and skimming through it to see if it's something I want to get into again. Not just for Corgan, but what I've read about the Hardy's recent work and some of the others names on the roster, it's sounding intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back