• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Upcoming Jericho DVD

The Calgary Kid

Pre-Show Stalwart
I couldn't find another thread about this, so I thought I'd pose the question here. As some of you might be aware, there's a new DVD coming on the 28th called Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho. It's another in the line of career retrospective/match collection DVD sets that WWE has put out over the years, and this time the subject is Y2J himself. Given that Jericho is still with the company and extremely popular, I'm a bit surprised about a glaring fact: there has been absolutely no advertising for this, whatsoever. WWE.com has it available for pre-order (as does Amazon.com, etc.), but there hasn't been a single promo, or even an ad in WWE Magazine. There has been a lot of advertising for recent DVD releases for Jeff Hardy, Ricky Steamboat, HBK and even Hogan prior to him signing with TNA, but there hasn't been a peep about this one. In fact, the only reason why I found it was from searching Amazon for his book. Commentators haven't mentioned it, and he hasn't even mentioned it himself (which, based on his character, why wouldn't he?).

Can anyone think of a reason why they seem to be pretending that this doesn't exist, even up to a mere 12 days before its release? His potential departure due to his expiring contract certainly can't be a reason, as Hardy's set came out right after he left and still got plenty of advertising. For someone with as big of a following as he has, I find it kind of baffling and frankly, a real disservice to one of the best workers in the business, past or present. I know I'll be buying a copy as soon as it comes out, but I fear that sales will be poor due to the bizarre lack of advertising. If they don't start running a campaign next week, I will be very surprised.

This dvd is going to be the best dvd of all time. Chris Jericho will go down as one of the best and entertaining performers to ever step into a ring. I agree about the no advertising but usually they never advertise until the week of. I remember the Steamboat dvd didn't get advertising until the RAW before. Same with Hart & Soul, Raw The Beginning and others. What I am surprised about is that Jericho is not promoting the dvd himself. You know what that means?

Chris Jericho will win the WWE Championship, say he signed a new contract, and out over his new dvd, new book and new cd. He's the best in the world at what he does. Do you understand what I am saying to you right now?

Signed, Huge Jericho Mark

I would say the only reason that the Jericho DVD haven't been hyped up is due to the fact that Chris Jericho is a heel, and not the kind of heel that still panders a bit to the crowd by wearing some merchandise T-shirt for the sake of wearing it for people to want to buy it.

Chris Jericho wears suits, or his wrestling outfit, and he doesn't promote his own merchandises. And generally a heel doesn't do that, WWE doesn't hype a heels merchandises no matter what, if anything, the heels are hyping the faces merchandises, and that's pretty much the only thing we've ever seen Jericho do (Noticeably back when feuding with D-Generation X).

Chris' DVD won't be promoted and tried to sell, unless they turn him into a face. And that doesn't seem to be where WWE is pulling Jericho.

Besides, there's no reports that Chris Jericho is definitely leaving or anything. So to mention the promoting of recently released wrestler DVDs wouldn't make much sense, in the manner that Chris isn't going anywhere right now it seems.

I am so excited about this DVD. The story alone will be worth it. Jericho is one of my favourite superstars. He is absolutely my favourite current star in the WWE.

I've put this DVD on my xmas wish list so hopefully I will get it. :)

I am a big fan of the biography/career retrospective DVDs that WWE put out. I currently own the Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Eddie Guerrero ones, and I definitely think I will be adding this Chris Jericho one to my collection.

Jericho has had an amazing career, been a part of some fantastic matches all over the world and is one of the last major stars to have been a success in WWE, WCW and ECW as well as Japan and Mexico. There is noone more deserving of a dvd than Y2J.

Plus some of the promos/skits/interviews that will be on this dvd will be awesome too :)

Also a huge fan of the biography dvd's and this DVD could "complete" anyones collection. Jericho is easily one of the top ten best of all time and most of the matches on these DVD's will prove that. Defintely a must have and I agree with Natural that the promos on these dvd's will be awesome.

im a hugh chris jericho mark i out of any other wwe dvd this is the top one i want the only thing i have to say is what took so long you could have done 3 more chris jericho dvds before this came out because he has done so many big things what has taken you so long wwe.

jericho rullles

For those excited about the DVD, multiple reviewers at Amazon have posted the following (unconfirmed) contents of the DVD:

Disc 1 :
A Star is Born
International Sensation
Land of the Extreme
Arrival in WCW
Best in Show
Never Evvver the Same Again
Conspiracy Victim
Armbar
Greenberg
The Millennium Man
The Y2J Era Begins
Undisputed Champion
Highlight of the Night
The Highlight Reel
Facing an Idol
Total Buffoonery
You're Fired!
Breaking Out
Fozzy
Time Away
Breaking the Code
An Honest Man
Career Renaissance
Save Us
The Best in the World at What I Do

Special Features
A Young Fanatic

Jack Action

Leon de Oro

The Thrillseekers Vignette #1

The Thrillseekers Vignette #2

"Have you heard of Chris Jericho?"

Paul Heyman's Roommate

Mister Salty

The Man of 1,004 Holds
Nitro - March 30, 1998

Conspiracy Victim
Nitro - June 1, 1998 (2:30)

Father Knows Best
Thunder - June 11, 1998

"Hello, Lexington!"
Thunder - September 10, 1998

Do You Smell What Y2J is Cookin'?
RAW - October 30, 2000

Sharing a Beer with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Post-RAW - August 25, 2003

Jericho vs. The Old Man
Post-Smackdown! - November 17, 2009

Jericho's Junction

Fozzy Music Video - Let the Madness Begin

Disc 2:
"Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm
Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990
Alternate Commentary By: Chris Jericho & Matt Striker

The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos
Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994

International Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon
Japan July 7, 1995

Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
Hardcore TV March 12, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Fall Brawl September 14, 1997

Mask vs. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
Nitro July 27, 1998

The Millennium Countdown Clock Expires
RAW August 9, 1999

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
No Way Out February 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
RAW April 17, 2000

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
No Mercy October 21, 2001

Undisputed Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Vengeance December 9, 2001

Disc 3:
No Disqualification Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Hulk Hogan
SmackDown May 2, 2002

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003

WWE Championship You're Fired Match
Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
RAW August 22, 2005

Save_US.Y2J
RAW November 19, 2007

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy
RAW March 10, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
No Mercy October 5, 2008

No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
Extreme Rules June 7, 2009

Non-Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker
SmackDown! November 13, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Edge
WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010

Personally, I would have liked to have seen some other matches that aren't listed there. There is a surprising lack of his more more recent tag team work, particularly with Christian and also with Big Show. Also, I am a HUGE fan of his match with Lance Storm on Smackdown in 2001, which, although only about 4 minutes, is an exciting, fast-paced treat, which also begins with great promos from both of them. Obviously the matches listed are not the confirmed, official lineup, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see before making final judgment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back